It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel refuses to commit suicide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon
Basically, they have done the same thing the U.S. Navy did during the Cuban Missile Crisis almost 48 years prior - imposition of a naval blockade.

Actually, there not the same thing at all. There are several notable differences between the two situations.

1. Firstly, the US allowed all non-military supplies through and only actually boarded one vessel in the whole episode. For a blocakde to be even semi-legal, it has to be enforced and the US didn't manage it. Many ships got past the blockade
  2. The US sought international backing from it's regional partners because international law says a blockade is an Act of War and it was in international waters. Argentine and other S American ships joined in
  3. The situation was more about Geopolitics and brinkmanship than anything else and was over fairly quickly. The Israeli blockade has been ongoing for years and they allow nothing in.

Trying to compare this to the Cuban Missile Crisis is as bad as the Israeli ambassador trying to compare to WW2 convoy raiding. It's sad that some people fall for these lies.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakemil
reply to post by BallsMahoney

we blockaded the southern united states for a period of 4 years during the civil war, blockades are normal and legal no matter how long they are, unless they are broken. i know you want israel to die but she wont, and she will live on strong

Collective punishment is illegal.

Let me put it this way:

"Me and my family had nothing to do with the home made fireworks being fired towards Israel, so why are we suffering?"

Can't wait till this happens to you and your family, then I'll soooo eagerly be right next to you with an evil grin that you are giving us right now.

You know based on your little theory Pakistan can blockade America, hence drones killed more than 700 innocent Pakistanis, women and children.

Let me put it this way:

"Me and my family had nothing to do with the drone and missile attacks, why are we suffering?"

Keep laughing at the oppressed, keep calling them terrorists, but know this, what goes around comes around..

One day you will be laughed at.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

reply to post by LittleSecret

little secret, nice job spaming the israeli threads, i just reported it, this is an identical post you had on the last thread, copied and pasted

Ohh so this is what the Zionist propagandist are up to, trying to ban all those who are exposing their aggression.

Keep reporting, ATS denies ignorance, and it won't be bullied by your crowd.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret
Collective punishment is illegal.

Indeed. In fact, it is a War Crime. People have hung for it in the past, ironically mainly Germans who "collectively punished" the Jews etc.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jakemil

So Israel has declared war???

Can you prove that????

Thats most of the issue here...Israel accepts NO responsability...

The wont declare war..
They wont declare occupation...

That would mean they would have to abide by the laws of WAR and OCCUPATION which the DO NOT want to do...

Prove me wrong, I dare you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

no one day i wont be laughed at, they are terrorists and what ever happens to them i could care less. one day when missles do hit my family then we will start to enter into an era of total war with the islamic world. youll have way more then 700 dead, no one crying about what israel is doing and no body to stop the big bad united states.

and when you sit there with your evil grin ill be giving one right back at you, and you could only imagine why

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I can't stand it when all you pro-Israel posters pull the "anti-Semite" card. That alone proves your arguments are as thin as air on the Moon. Sink a little lower why don't you.

And by the way, people don't hate on Israel because it's a Jewish nation, they hate on it because it's an oppressive, and extremely inhumane nation.. that rightfully belongs to people that are now starving in Gaza.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

dare me, who cares, i could care less. let israel do the dirty work the other western nations are to soft to do. i dont see why we keep the gloves on them. the crooked dictator run UN will condem them but that is like the rapists saying the murders are bad people.

link   
Hamas have been painted out to be evil because of the actions of minority extremists..

Although even mothers of children in Gaza wish for violence against Israel.. not because they think it will do any good but because conditions are so bad in Gaza that everyone is completely suicidal.

This is not my opinion but words spoken to me by a friend from Jordan who whas family living in Gaza.

Why fire a home made rocket (made of actual rocks) when you know you will get airstrikes in return? To answer this question you have to take into account whether life is worth living.

Human beings have certain rights and the violation of those rights is against international law.. the only reson Israel is allowed to get away with this is because JOURNALISTS AND THE MEDIA ARE NOT ALLOWED INTO GAZA.

link   
Still waiting to see the huge cache of weapons they seized from the activists. I can't wait to see all the rockets.

Oh wait, there aren't any. Strange. Israel always tells the truth, don't they?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

so you claim that gaza should be the capitol of the entire nation of israel? the land belongs to the people of gaza, to this day ive never heard taht before

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

no one day i wont be laughed at, they are terrorists and what ever happens to them i could care less. one day when missles do hit my family then we will start to enter into an era of total war with the islamic world. youll have way more then 700 dead, no one crying about what israel is doing and no body to stop the big bad united states.

and when you sit there with your evil grin ill be giving one right back at you, and you could only imagine why

Ofcurse, but I live in New Zealand..

Come for a visit, you will love the place, you can go hiking, you can go cave diving, or bunjy jumping from the Sky Tower.

Many things to do here.

Yes you are arrogant because your country is the strongest, or because Israel is the strongest in the Middle East and you think no matter what this statement won't apply to you:
"What goes around, come around."

Here is what arrogant people don't realize, they don't remember, they don't remember the world had many more arrogant nations, who were the most powerful, who thought no one could do, what they did to others.

Do you forget Germany ?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

reply to post by virgom129

dare me, who cares, i could care less. let israel do the dirty work the other western nations are to soft to do. i dont see why we keep the gloves on them. the crooked dictator run UN will condem them but that is like the rapists saying the murders are bad people.

Watch out, your ignorance is showing

Who has the privilege to VETO everything in UN? Or the security council?

Ohhh wait, it is not Iran, it is not Venezuela, it is not North Korea, it is not axis of evil, it is not the terrorists.

Wait didn't US VETO another condemnation of Israel just couple of days ago?

So who is dictating the UN.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by LittleSecret]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

germany is still the most powerful nation of europe, and it recovered fast too from ww1 to start ww2. once strong always strong. russia still controls all of northern asia and a huge chunk of europe. england still influences 1/4 of the world. we are the new kids on the block but like all empires we will be in the superpower or great power players block for a long time, you can even look up what i am saying in a historic sense.

but at the same time weak countries will always be weak countries, and the weak do what they must. once weak you will always be weak. costa rica will never be a great power, nor will ghana, and in your case new zealand. generally speaking your countries agenda will always be lock step with another larger countries agenda no matter what. enjoy the ride because you cant do anything else.

and no i wont be laughed at

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

little secret, nice job spaming the israeli threads, i just reported it, this is an identical post you had on the last thread, copied and pasted

You reported him for making a post that is anti-Israel? What a laugh!

Like only pro-Israel propaganda will be tolerated as long as jakemil is in the room.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

good im glad to know that the UN hasnt completely lost its balls, until you posted that i thought the UN was completely run by dictators and crooks, but you enlightened me, good thing they did that, we really need to get more bold in our support for our israeli brothers against these deranged killers

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

no one day i wont be laughed at, they are terrorists and what ever happens to them i could care less.

I see this quite alot from posters, mainly from the US, but the saying is "I couldn't care less".

Think about what you're saying! If you could care less, then you obviously do care a bit. If you couldn't care less, then the topic you are on about is the lowest on your "caring about" scale.

Sorry for going off topic, but I hate to see the English language get butchered.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by infolurker

Agreed, as the great Paul Macartney once said..

THere is good and bad in everyone...

Yes. That's why Paul McCartney Told Islam To Stick Its Death Threats Up Its Bum or something like that, when he did a gig in Israel.

Roger Waters on the other hand, was not that lucky. No threats for him. He don't want another brick in the wall

Anyone in for a ceasefire ? This weekend it's time for Carcrash radio. Who knows, they may bend the rules for a change and play "Sound Of Silence" by Depeche Mode or "Enjoy The Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel. "Mute". This way, they will never find out about it

And i will sacrifice and be the lucky one, for a change, to recieve an "off topic"

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

good im glad to know that the UN hasnt completely lost its balls, until you posted that i thought the UN was completely run by dictators and crooks, but you enlightened me, good thing they did that, we really need to get more bold in our support for our israeli brothers against these deranged killers

The UN is run and always has been run by the UNSC. Who sits on the UNSC? That's right, the USA, the UK, France, China and Russia.

I find it funny that the UN is apparently a cesspit of villainy when it doesn't suit Americans, but is then the paragon of virtue when it becomes useful to them.

In both cases, Yanks seem blissfully unaware that any umbridge they have with the UN is probably as a result of their own countries actions.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

your right because us yanks have one solid view on the world and dont deviate from eachother. just one simple hue you can generalize us all on. get real, after ww2 my dad wasnt even born, sorry if im not willing to bear the responsiblity of the UN for what it has become. a waste of time, and no i obviously dont think we should be a part of it or it should exist.

im not english so i dont have your dialect of english, 'sorry mate' OR WHATEVER, dont really care honestly because we have our own dialect of english, just like how there are 20 diffrent dialects of spanish, french etc. sorry pal your language is not getting butchered i dont speak queens english

so no in my opinion it is just a cesspool of villiany with or without our consent, with our without our hands being up its skirt. its always been abused, its always been corupt, its always been wasteful, and it always will. its condemnations are useless and its agenda hypocritical

[edit on 5-6-2010 by jakemil]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join