It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel refuses to commit suicide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon

The first commenter posted:

If Hamas laid down their weapons, there would be no more deaths. If Israel laid down their weapons, there would be no more Jews. Very simple.

I strongly agree. The rest of the world would want Israel to commit suicide by unilateral disarmament. Fortunately, they know too full well what would happen to them if they did so.

Basically, they have done the same thing the U.S. Navy did during the Cuban Missile Crisis almost 48 years prior - imposition of a naval blockade.

seattletimes.nwsource.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I could not agree more.
One of the reasons Israel is still in the Middle East is that they refuse to lie down and die.
Somebody has to keep those other Middle Eastern countries in line.
And the US won't or can't do it.
Would the world be better off without Israel? Would the US be better off with the police in NYC?
They (Israel) has the right to be where they are and the have the right to protect themselves.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixrising10
Hamas have been painted out to be evil because of the actions of minority extremists..

Although even mothers of children in Gaza wish for violence against Israel.. not because they think it will do any good but because conditions are so bad in Gaza that everyone is completely suicidal.

This is not my opinion but words spoken to me by a friend from Jordan who whas family living in Gaza.

Why fire a home made rocket (made of actual rocks) when you know you will get airstrikes in return? To answer this question you have to take into account whether life is worth living.

Human beings have certain rights and the violation of those rights is against international law.. the only reson Israel is allowed to get away with this is because JOURNALISTS AND THE MEDIA ARE NOT ALLOWED INTO GAZA.

I couldn't have said it better

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

you are forgetting the tons of food livestock and other non essential items such as bullets weapon parts and even cars which come the illegal tunnels which Israel as more or less turned a blind eye too!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by ironfalcon

From an Israeli website, and keep in mind this is NOT all given by Israel, jusy ALLOWED to get through...

In a typical week, 15,000 tons of supplies enter Gaza including truckloads of meat, poultry, fish, dairy products, fish, vegetables, milk powder, baby food, wheat and other essential goods.

As I know you have seen me post in other threads,
There are over 2 million people in Gaza so to put this in perspective, thats a miserable 7kgs of aid per week for each person..

That is not enough just for water.........Thats 7litres each per week, 1 litre per day....

Dont know about you but I would be DEAD by now...
So much for caring Israel...
ttp://www.israella.org

As a start, there are 1,4 million inhabitants in Gaza.Thats 10 kilos /week/person.If you think this 10 kilos, or 5 kilos or even 2 kilos
are NOT enough, try do a little research about Romania under communist
regime.
I am a romanian, and i can tell you that what we called the ''quota'' back
in comunism was this :
0.75 litres of vegetable oil / person / MONTH
0.75 kilo of sugar / person / MONTH
In late 80's, this ''quota'' was raised to 1 / person / MONTH.
Meat was something that could have been bought free...Sadly, there wasn't
enough in stores, and the best someone could have bought was 2-3 kilos
per month (for his entire family).

These are facts, and as a teenager, i was the one who needed to buy those
because my parents were at work when ''quota'' or meat or bread were
in stores.

I do not deny that living in Gaza is not hard...but nobody can bull# me
that there is hunger there.Please...its far from the truth.

''In 1985 the average citizen was eligible to receive 54.88 kilograms of meat and fish, 1.1 kilograms of margarine, 9.6 kilograms of cooking oil, 14.8 kilograms of sugar, 114.5 kilograms of flour, 45.3 kilograms of potatoes, 20 kilograms of fruit, and 114 eggs per year. In reality, most Romanians were unable to obtain even these scant rations, as the situation deteriorated even further in following years. The food supply program of 1988 enacted by the GNA provided for an annual per capita consumption of 38 liters of milk, 3.5 kilograms of cheese, 1.5 kilograms of butter, 128 eggs, 21 kilograms of sweets, 3.6 kilograms of rice, 500 grams of oatmeal, and 22 kilograms of cornmeal.''

The above quotas are per person / per YEAR !

countrystudies.us...

Hamas won ''free'' election in Gaza...seems that nobody remember the
bloody takeover from Fatah.

Israel will not lift the blockade until Gilead Shalit is freed and rocket
attacks will stop.They are not so stupid, and certainly not willing to
suicide by allowing Hamas to become as powerfull as Hezbollah.
And this will happend if blockade will be lifted.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Recollector]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jakemil

Yeah ,a great spam,needs to be spammed more ,and more until people get help and food, i dont care if its israel or tibet , timbucktoo or mars, humans suffering from war needs to be met with simple compassion , *Snip* who thinks war is good , i hope you life teaches you the only way life knows ......
HARD !

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/5/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lalande 21185

Pretty cool video...That beach landing was a little lame...I think I could take em with what i got at my house right now...Id get pretty f'd up by the tanks and choppers tho...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magic Bullet
reply to post by virgom129

you are forgetting the tons of food livestock and other non essential items such as bullets weapon parts and even cars which come the illegal tunnels which Israel as more or less turned a blind eye too!!!!

Turned a blind eye?

They carry out airstrikes on a regular basis on these tunnels. In fact, that is what the whole debacel last year in Gaza was all about, taking out those tunnels.

Me thinks it's you turning a "blind eye" to the facts.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

Originally posted by Sheol
reply to post by ironfalcon

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Sheol]

Well guy, I am aware Hamas teaches toddlers hate, violence, and suicide. That is enough for me to reject their sorry terrorist a$$es. Watch their version of micky mouse... disgusting.

So the Israelis teach their Kids to paint hateful slogans on the Bombs destined for Lebanon, what's the difference???

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It amazes me how every thread about Israel gets populated by people spewing hate filled with false information, ignorance, hypocisy, personal attacks and flat out bigotry. LittleSecret being the most common individuall.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by backwherewestarted

Well, you could start by pointing out the "hate filled with false information, ignorance, hypocisy, personal attacks and flat out bigotry" and offering a counter argument.

That would be a good place to start, surely?

Where is the hate?

Where is the misinformation?

Where is the hypocrasy and bigotry?

Or are you of the grain that any criticism of Israel, no matter what, is anti-semitism?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Well, you could start by pointing out the "hate filled with false information, ignorance, hypocisy, personal attacks and flat out bigotry" and offering a counter argument.

That would be a good place to start, surely?

Where is the hate?

Where is the misinformation?

Where is the hypocrasy and bigotry?

Or are you of the grain that any criticism of Israel, no matter what, is anti-semitism?

Just read the thread and you will see all of it...unless you choose to ignore it.

There is no posting counter arguments because the people filled with hate listen to nothing. If you can't see any of this then it's clear you don't want too.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

So the answer, in a nutshell, is no then? No rebuttal, just vitriol?

Thing is, I've been around the block a few times here on ATS and, without fail, any thread on Israel will have it's share of die-hard zionist types who will shut down debate with accusations of anti-semitism or bigotry without offering any kind of fact based rebuttal of the so called lies being spouted.

At the moment, you're looking like another one. As can be seen from my posting history I am willing to engage in intelligent debate as long as others are. Just slinging insults around only makes you look as bad as those you claim are doing it too.

I don't deny some people probably do hate Jews, but you're not exactly winning anyone over to your side of the argument with baseless accusations and the very old tactic of hurling the dreaded "anti-semite" type badges around.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The Americans blocked nuclear weapons from Cuba over the space of two weeks. The Israelis are blocking food and humanitarian aid from the Palestinians for over a year.

couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

Sorry I apologise...
I forgot about the ONE Israeli soldier that was captured...
Of course Israel has the right to bomb as many schools and UN buildings as needed until he is freed...'
Ohh and to make some money on the side with organ sales...
Me bad, sorry

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
I am a romanian, and i can tell you that what we called the ''quota'' back
in comunism was this :

So... if they had increased your rations by 1 kilo a week, there wouldn't have been a revolution?

Because that's what happened, right? The government starved the people, denied them basic goods and human rights and all that, and there was a revolution. In case you forgot.

That's why you're able to have things like a computer and post on ATS. Because a corrupt government was starving the people, and being utterly brutal with dissenters, and denying people basic human rights. And people took up arms, and Ceauşescu got a bullet in the head for being such an utter bastard.

Remember that?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lalande 21185
We will bring democracy to Israel.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by lalande 21185]

When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. (Luke 21:20)

And in that day will I make Jerusalem
a burdensome stone for all people. Zechariah 12:3:

The LORD, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man within him, declares: "I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves. On that day I will strike every horse with panic and its rider with madness," declares the LORD. "I will keep a watchful eye over the house of Judah, but I will blind all the horses of the nations. Then the leaders of Judah will say in their hearts, 'The people of Jerusalem are strong, because the LORD Almighty is their God.'

"On that day I will make the leaders of Judah like a firepot in a woodpile, like a flaming torch among sheaves.

They will consume right and left all the surrounding peoples, but Jerusalem will remain intact in her place.

For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

[edit on 103030p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join