It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel refuses to commit suicide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Israel refuses to commit suicide

seattletimes.nwsource.com

WASHINGTON — The world is outraged at Israel's blockade of Gaza. Turkey denounces its illegality, inhumanity, barbarity, etc. The usual U.N. suspects, Third World and European, join in. The Obama administration dithers.

But as Leslie Gelb, former president of the Council on Foreign Relations, writes, the blockade is not just perfectly rational, it is perfectly legal. Gaza under Hamas is a self-declared enemy of Israel — a declaration backed up by more than 4,000 rockets fired at Israeli
(visit the link for the full news article)

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The first commenter posted:

If Hamas laid down their weapons, there would be no more deaths. If Israel laid down their weapons, there would be no more Jews. Very simple.

I strongly agree. The rest of the world would want Israel to commit suicide by unilateral disarmament. Fortunately, they know too full well what would happen to them if they did so.

Basically, they have done the same thing the U.S. Navy did during the Cuban Missile Crisis almost 48 years prior - imposition of a naval blockade.

seattletimes.nwsource.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
That pile of propaganda came from the Seattle Times? Seems I'm going to have to e-mail the article writer and ask who's pulling his purse strings. What a bunch of evil nonsensical crap to come from the hometown paper.

This is a tired talk point of pro-Israeli propagandists. The Americans blocked nuclear weapons from Cuba over the space of two weeks. The Israelis are blocking food and humanitarian aid from the Palestinians for over a year. Yeah completely the same thing.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by BallsMahoney]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Maybe if Israel let the people in Gaza live in peace they wouldn't need Hamas to stand up for them..

Luckily many countries are now seeing there plight.......
Even though the UN has condemed Israel for this blockade from the start...

Israel will definetly lose this one...
How much damage is done to them is in their own hands...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

Maybe if Israel let the people in Gaza live in peace they wouldn't need Hamas to stand up for them..

Luckily many countries are now seeing there plight.......
Even though the UN has condemed Israel for this blockade from the start...

Israel will definetly lose this one...
How much damage is done to them is in their own hands...

In reality, they are letting the people in Gaza live in peace but not unless they stop lobbing mortars and rockets at Israeli towns like Sderot (near the Gaza border), which had been under routine bombardment by Hamas forces prior to Operation Cast Lead.

In fact, there's hardly a humanitarian crisis in Gaza at all now. They have been enriched with food, clothing and other consumer items, thanks to the Israelis, and bombing is all they get in return?

www.mfa.gov.il...

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

* Are you aware Hamas is elected democratic Government of Gaza?
* Are you aware Hamas is last line of defence albeit weak against Israeli extremism?
* Are you aware Hamas funding school, food, living (eventhough poor with whatever means) for people of gaza?
* Are you aware Hamas hunts and removes all Al -Qaeda affliated extremist gangs from Gaza?
* Are you aware Hamas is also the police of Gaza?
* Are you aware Israel broke the peace treaty in 2008 and Hamas lobbed rockets after Israel attacked Gaza?
* Are you aware that Hamas has now two times agreed to recognise Israel in return for removal of blackade and old border but only to be refused by Israel?
* Are you aware without Hamas the people of Gaza would be at mercy of Fatah which is a proxy government of US which is proxy influenced by Israel?
* Are you aware Hamas is only seen as terrorist group by US and it's few allies - European Union, Israel, Japan, Canada but not by anyone else, not even by UN.
* Are you aware under UN law armed resistance against occupation is allowed...they are known as freedom fighters?
Well when you become aware of these things...come and talk then.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Sheol]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

That bunch of crap wont wash here. Everyone knows the poor people of Gaza are being starved to death and not allowed to repair destroyed infrastructure, let alone rebuild after the bombings....

You have been in enough threads to know all this....

[edit on 4-6-2010 by virgom129]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

From an Israeli website, and keep in mind this is NOT all given by Israel, jusy ALLOWED to get through...

In a typical week, 15,000 tons of supplies enter Gaza including truckloads of meat, poultry, fish, dairy products, fish, vegetables, milk powder, baby food, wheat and other essential goods.

As I know you have seen me post in other threads,
There are over 2 million people in Gaza so to put this in perspective, thats a miserable 7kgs of aid per week for each person..

That is not enough just for water.........Thats 7litres each per week, 1 litre per day....

Dont know about you but I would be DEAD by now...
So much for caring Israel...
ttp://www.israella.org

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

From your link,

"The continued smuggling of weapons to Hizbullah is a blatant violation of UN Resolution 1701."

Thats all probably true but,
care to share with the readers how many UN Resolutions Irsael has refused to accept???

I love how the Israelis only site the laws when it suits yet are one of the biggest breakers of UN imposed resolutions..If not deadly I would laugh...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sheol

* Are you aware Hamas is elected democratic Government of Gaza?
* Are you aware Hamas is last line of defence albeit weak against Israeli extremism?
* Are you aware Hamas funding school, food, living (eventhough poor with whatever means) for people of gaza?
* Are you aware Hamas hunts and removes all Al -Qaeda affliated extremist gangs from Gaza?
* Are you aware Hamas is also the police of Gaza?
* Are you aware Israel broke the peace treaty in 2008 and Hamas lobbed rockets after Israel attacked Gaza?
* Are you aware that Hamas has now two times agreed to recognise Israel in return for removal of blackade but only to be refused by Israel?
* Are you aware without Hamas the people of Gaza would be at mercy of Fatah which is a proxy government of US which is proxy influenced by Israel?
* Are you aware Hamas is only seen as terrorist group by US and it's few allies - European Union, Israel, Japan, Canada but not by anyone else, not even by UN.
* Are you aware under UN law armed resistance against occupation is allowed...they are known as freedom fighters?
Well when you become aware of these things...come and talk then.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Sheol]

Well guy, I am aware Hamas teaches toddlers hate, violence, and suicide. That is enough for me to reject their sorry terrorist a$$es. Watch their version of micky mouse... disgusting.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

And of course "Hamas in thier own words" ... enough said.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-6-2010 by infolurker]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Agreed, as the great Paul Macartney once said..

THere is good and bad in everyone...

Now, shall I post some quotes from Jewish people?
How about the Rabi who said one jewish toenail is worth a thousand arabs???
I could also quote from a nice Jewish book if you wish...

Maybe we should stick to the topic of aid for Gaza...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I know they do teach hate what else can they teach when Israel even blocks educational material? All the buildings and infrastructure have been bombed by Israel...where would the kids go? Most of the youths are kidnapped by Israel so there is also shortage of soldiers and police..who will they recruit then?

I can show you similar images and video of Israeli side but I wont bother as you get the point.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Does anybody else think all the anti-Israeli propagana is starting to sound a little bit 3rd ritchish? It is seriously turning into a anti-semite web site...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Ohhh wait, wait, so you expect them to just watch while they punish, and lock 1.5 million people, continually occupy, continually expand settlements, continually commit warcrimes, continually break international laws, continually kill activists, unarmed people, unarmed civilians, unarmed kids, sexually abuse Palestinians kids...

I could go on, but then you would say, hey non of that would happen if Hamas would just stop firing home made fire works towards Israel.

I could go on, but what is the point, you can just use the magic word "anti-Semite" and I will crawl back to where I came from.

I could go on, but what is the point, you can just use the magic word twice "anti-Semite", "anti-Semite", and VETO!!!

Go spread your propaganda somewhere else, we are more informed than that.

We Deny Ignorance.

You are an insult to all those who are suffering due to man made disasters. These humanitarians are risking their lives to help, they can pick up arms and their countries can also and start a war which could affect you and the rest of the world.

But they know better.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
Does anybody else think all the anti-Israeli propagana is starting to sound a little bit 3rd ritchish? It is seriously turning into a anti-semite web site...

You are somewhat correct more and more it's like Third Reich allover again just their swastika cover has changed to star Israel now and with mass of net recruits.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

No, it sounds like Israel is doing to the people of Gaza what Germany did to them..I'm sure you will dissagree but please give proof..

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
just an hipotetical situation (not even possible but gives you something to think about)

lets say somehow from all over the world indians gathered and by UN resolution they were given half on USA as recompensation for ethnic clensing.

then as population of Indians grow they want more and since they got west side and thier sacred grounds lie at east side they start to ignite already furious croud of whats left of US americans attack .. Indians say they need to defend them selfs so they race and religion can survive.

they go in force since they have aid from most powerfull countries in the world (millitary etc.)

then they start ocupation and building INSIDE of the west US and push americans down to florida.

now some people in the world started to nitica that its unjust and unfair and send aid by ships ....

you can imagine the rest by observing israel and palestine.

just think about it

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BallsMahoney

we blockaded the southern united states for a period of 4 years during the civil war, blockades are normal and legal no matter how long they are, unless they are broken. i know you want israel to die but she wont, and she will live on strong

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
We will bring democracy to Israel.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by lalande 21185]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

little secret, nice job spaming the israeli threads, i just reported it, this is an identical post you had on the last thread, copied and pasted

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join