It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light with spiral tail seen in Aussie sky

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
news.ninemsn.com.au...

Check the video they have up there now, they change it every so often but this is the best video footage so far.

Wow.

ETA: Poster above me beat me by a minute, we are talking about the same footage. Good stuff.

[edit on 4/6/2010 by serbsta]

haha, so close. Just got ya.,

Im not gonna be quick to accept any of these so called expert opinions after seeing this footage.

It clearly shows the object change directions 2 or 3 times.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
There's also apparently a sighting from much further west ... coming from South Australia.

The following image was taken by Paul Dallow from within the cockpit of an Airbus 330 above Ceduna, SA which gives further corroboration that this was indeed a high altitude event.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8db266ed2b20.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashcool007
reply to post by comradespartan

So this is another Russian test from near Australia, man I am sick of these lame explanations given by the TpTd people.

No, it's probably the re-entry of "Stage One" of the Falcon 9.

The time seems correct, the trajectory of Falcon 9 is south-east (from Florida this will take you over Australia), and the re-entry "burn time" is around 4-5 mins, which is consistent with reports.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
These things are being seen everywhere — I seriously doubt the military are testing anything new that is so highly visible. The trend in national security worldwide is toward stealth... Not lighting up the sky with very eye-catching illuminated spirals.

Even the Norway Spiral could not have been a "new missile test," as has been claimed. I've seen a lot of skeptics go to great lengths to rationalize these vast spirals as exhaust plumes from super-sophisticated missile prototypes, but they seemingly forget that super-sophisticated missiles and aircraft DO NOT spin wildly during ascent unless the test is a complete failure.

If these "test missiles" were as sophisticated as has been claimed, they would certainly be outfitted with gyroscopic stabilizers and WOULD NOT leave spiral plumes on ascent. Unless, of course, these super sophisticated missile tests are spiraling out of control all over the planet.

Which sounds to me like a cause for global emergency.

Yet, no government on Earth seems terribly concerned with the possibility of failed (or even successful) missile tests in full view of the public. Which is a new one on me.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by Ashcool007

So this is another Russian test from near Australia, man I am sick of these lame explanations given by the TpTd people.

The time seems correct, the trajectory of Falcon 9 is south-east (from Florida this will take you over Australia), and the re-entry "burn time" is around 4-5 mins, which is consistent with reports.

watch the footage news.ninemsn.com.au...^technology^1064435

do discarded rockets change direction on re entry?

link   
First time posting here (Hello). From Wollongong and cant believe i missed this. ALmost every friday-monday im out on the ocean fishing my 530am. Blasted cold.

Has the video from the surfers in Burleigh Heads been posted? Its the longest footage i've seen of it (just over 2.27 minutes)

I'm only new here, so not sure how to post things up, but you can see it on youtube.

Maybe it's been posted, not sure though.

First thing i thought of when i saw this was the Norway incident.

Space junk, please!

link   
Some things aren't sitting with me on this one , check these out

source www.abc.net.au...

The UFO was seen moving through the sky just before sunrise in New South Wales, Queensland and the ACT

Some described it as a "lollipop-type swirl". Others say it hovered for a while before gradually moving in an eastern direction until it was out of sight. Those who saw the object say photos do not reflect how large it actually was.

A caller to the ABC, Robyn, says she saw the phenomenon from her home on Sydney's north shore just before 6:00am.

She says it was over within two minutes.

"There was this white light up in the sky like a huge revolving moon," Robyn said.

"At first I thought it was the moon but it was travelling so fast, high up above the eastern horizon and twirling as it went.

A number of people from Morayfield and Caboolture in Queensland have reported that they too saw a white light in the sky about 5:50am.

"It was just the one light. I just came home from my walk and I happened to look up in the sky, and here it was racing across the sky," Linda told 612 ABC Brisbane.

"I bashed on the window for my husband to have a look and he flew out.

"It was spectacular."

Linda described the light as like a lollipop swirl.

She says the light came from the west and was headed east, out to sea.
"It was just unreal. There was a cloud in the sky - just this light with a swirl in the middle," she said.

Peter, from Balmoral, says he saw the light while he was on a ferry terminal on the Brisbane River.

"It certainly had that lollipop-type swirl ... but it was travelling low and fairly fast, and as it went past me and I looked up, it looked like a row of lights, maybe four lights," he said.

Denise, at Pine Mountain, told ABC radio in Brisbane that she saw the lights shortly before 6:00am.

"I got up at about 5:45 to let my horse out of his stable ... and I saw this coming from a north-west direction towards the south-east," she said.

"There was no noise. It was like bands of ribbon coming out of it and it looked like it was coming through a cloud, yet there were no clouds."

source www.heraldsun.com.au...

The Sunday Herald Sun has been contacted by people living in Melbourne, New South Wales and Queensland after seeing a bright light in the sky about 5am.

The light was making a spiral formation and could be seen heading west.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

"It was moving west to east with a jumbled electronic sound," Jim White said.

Scores of people from across the country have been stunned to see what appears to be an unidentified flying object flying across the sky.

ninemsn readers from South Australia, NSW, Queenland and Victoria have sent in photos of a mysterious object that spiralled across the night sky at around 5:45am this morning.

It was described as a swirling light that moved from east to west across the sky for several minutes just before sunrise

Now, some say it moved from West to East, meaning it went across the ocean, then others have said it moved from East to West, ( why hasnt anyone seen this west all reports are eastern Australia)

One guy said it made a sound. where others said no sound.

Some say very high in the sky but others saying travelling very fast low in the sky

My question is, was there more then 1, considering and you have to remember east of Australia is water, West and your on land until you get to the West Coast 5000km away, So how can so many see this over 1500km up and down the east coast, when the object was flying west / east or east west, surely if this is the range it would of flown north south for others to see it from ACT to QLD

Something just doesn't add up here, hope i am making sense and others can explain this to me a little more

Wal

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Hm, yeah that could be it. I looked but I couldn't find the flight path of the Falcon 9. Did you find anything?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesGC
First time posting here (Hello). From Wollongong and cant believe i missed this. ALmost every friday-monday im out on the ocean fishing my 530am. Blasted cold.

Has the video from the surfers in Burleigh Heads been posted? Its the longest footage i've seen of it (just over 2.27 minutes)

Hi JamesGC ...

Do you have a link to that Burleigh Heads vid ?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hi all,
I myself am a long time lurker here on ATS, and having seen this "Thing" this morning decided I had something to add to this topic, so joined.
When i arrived at work this morning - 5.50am (Carole Park , Brisbane), there were 4 or 5 guys outside the gates, shouting and pointing at the sky as i pulled up. As I got out of the car, my instantaneous reaction was they were pointing at the moon, with weird cloud formation around it, until i then realised there was a bright light with a swirl effect around it traversing the sky, which had the luminosity of the moon. The bright light didn't look to be in the middle of the swirl ,more towards the edge.
The spiral around it seemed to be dissipating from the end of the swirl back.
It traversed from above one side of the factory (to my right) and kept the same speed - as far as i could tell- until it disappeared behind the trees towards my left.It also seemed to be following a slight curve from East to North.
very little cloud in the sky, but it passed behind a smattering of cloud and shone right through.

Now the following is speaking to the guys that were there before I was,
one guy said when he first saw it further towards the east, he saw the spiral rotating, but I only saw the spiral stationary as it traversed the sky, he also states he saw an cigar shape in the middle when the spiral was still rotating, but i only saw a bright light when I got there 3 or so minutes later.

Another guys said he saw it when he opening his roller door to get the car out at home and he saw it move up and down before going across the sky.

I've always said to myself why can't people get better pictures of this stuff when it happens instead of blurry dark crap.... But now i know because 5 people tried to take pictures with there camera phones and they all turned out #...

Hope this helps.......

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

yeah you are right also its too slow for a rocket, space junk because on its entry into atmosphere the gravitational pull is too strong that fall can only be seen for few seconds and also not be seen by these many people................

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Funny commentary on it as well

I may have to read into this Falcon 9 thing though. Damm!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by auswally

My question is, was there more then 1, considering and you have to remember east of Australia is water, West and your on land until you get to the West Coast 5000km away, So how can so many see this over 1500km up and down the east coast, when the object was flying west / east or east west, surely if this is the range it would of flown north south for others to see it from ACT to QLD.

At a high enough altitude, it would be possible for this object to be visible along the entire east coast of Australia from Queensland down to New South Wales.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Burleigh heads video link...about 20 k's from my sighting...

www.youtube.com...

Continuing on from the size thing, I forgot to mention(just remembered actually...) that whilst watching it in the sky I tried to compare it in size to something...

Although the above video doesnt confirm it, to the naked eye it was about the same size as the "circle" created when you touch your index fingertip onto your thumb-tip...
From arms length, the thing in the sky was about the same dimension as the finger-circle I have just described....all the pix I have seen show it be a small star-like light, which it most certainly was NOT...

[edit on 4-6-2010 by benoni]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
This looks like a different one from the Gold Coast, I think it's better.... I'm useless at embedding sorry, it goes for 2 minutes
UFo over Gold Coast

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

At a high enough altitude, it would be possible for this object to be visible along the entire east coast of Australia from Queensland down to New South Wales.

tauristercus thanks for the reply and i understand this, but some say low in the sky

That pic from SA is interesating thou, if this is true surely some truckies on the nullabor would of seen it

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by comradespartan
Hm, yeah that could be it. I looked but I couldn't find the flight path of the Falcon 9. Did you find anything?

No, I don't know the exact flight path but it was seen to go EAST. Now I'm guesing it won't go over Europe, so if it went over Africa then it should have been visible over Australia. I posted a link a few pages ago which has someone posting a comment stating they had seen the Falcon from the east coast of Australia.

If the rocket dumped its first stage just prior to orbit then that could explain this "spiral" we're seeing.

(However, it's only a theory). Occam's Razor - eliminate the most sensible explanations first.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by benoni

Got ya two posts back

I like that footage though.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
So let me get this right. we are meant to believe that a rocket fired upwards and loaded with fuel produces the very same effect as a rocket falling out of the sky, under no control and with no fuel? To my mind, one of those explanations has to be utter hogwash.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

I can't wait for your next installment, great work

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join