It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light with spiral tail seen in Aussie sky

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
These 'spirals' seem to be turning up a lot of places, initially no one knows what they are and then suddenly people like Russia who said they knew nothing of it turn around and say it's a missile test.

Could these actually be our little friends giving us a little display as a taster?

I've seen some of these missile launched like the Vandenberg one and these spirals look nothing like them.

Also if you look at the last bits of the footage thru the tree's you can see a huge cylinder shape.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
If the rocket dumped its first stage just prior to orbit then that could explain this "spiral" we're seeing.

(However, it's only a theory). Occam's Razor - eliminate the most sensible explanations first.

One would think. However in the short time I've been on this website, I've realized it can all be summed up by your sig (one of my favorite shows by the way).

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Just to give the non-australians an idea of distance, if this object was seen in Canberra as reported and then later in Brisbane, we are talking about it covering a distance of roughly 620miles.

As also reported it was seen in South Australia it would be closer to covering a distance of 1500miles and taking a 90' left turn at canberra to head towards Brisbane.

That is some serious speed for an object seen in such a short period of time, unless there was more than 1.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
We want the truth people no more gommement BS explanation I think the masses are being awakened by someone ...............................

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hi
The falcon 9 rocket experienced a slight roll, which was not expected.
If you watch the Video around the 6 minute plus mark as the rocket reaches the horizon it starts to roll,which is clearly evident .

It was even noted on the Universe today web site confirming the roll

www.universetoday.com...

Thanks

Ocker

[edit on 4/6/2010 by ocker]

[edit on 4/6/2010 by ocker]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by tauristercus

I can't wait for your next installment, great work

Thanks for your vote of confidence ... much appreciated !

If I can locate sufficient photographic/video evidence of good enough quality and information content, then I certainly will attempt a similar analysis that I did with the Norway Spiral event.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
this the latest from News.com.au

www.news.com.au...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
"Rolls" are usually planned in modern rocket launches — anything that happens "unexpectedly" in one of these multi-billion-dollar launches is considered a major event. I haven't heard any talk of an "unexpected roll," so my guess is that it was part of the planned ascent.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I see NO connection between the newly launched rocket AND THIS!!

Nothing was falling to earth....it was travelling horizontally....

james...sorry mate, yeah you beat me to it, but i only found out about it from your previous post, so thanks bud for the great heads-up!!

Other than mowing the lawn, this is all I have done today(much to the wives, erm, anguish...)!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Channel 9 supposed to be running some form of coverage on this tonight. They're definition will probably mean bugger all.

The media wont even bring up the issue of the Falcon rocket (Would be good it someone could dismiss it, give us exact details).

If there was more than one, then i'm sure at some stage we'd be able to figure it out as more informations came by. Though i'd highly doubt more than one. Though imagine if there was a second. Would blow a lot of sh!t out of the water.

Id watch the sky tonight, but like all week, its raining and overcast as.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Satellite Microwave Weaponry ( for those with limited capacity to understand this technology just think of a giant micro wave oven in the sky blasting its energy back to Earth the glow is the excited gases in the upper atmosphere such as Xeon glowing like a flouro light ) I have no doubt, but the question is why was it turned on over Sydney this morning ?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by mazzroth]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by benoni
I see NO connection between the newly launched rocket AND THIS!!

Nothing was falling to earth....it was travelling horizontally....

Maybe you don't realize this, but if something falls to Earth from space, it will not fall in a straight line directly towards a point on the ground. If it is traveling towards the Earth then it will move across the sky laterally because of the rotation of the Earth. Here's an example. Have you ever seen the ISS pass by over head? Its in orbit, which means it is essentially falling towards the Earth. What does its trajectory look like?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by flipp
Just to give the non-australians an idea of distance, if this object was seen in Canberra as reported and then later in Brisbane, we are talking about it covering a distance of roughly 620miles.

As also reported it was seen in South Australia it would be closer to covering a distance of 1500miles and taking a 90' left turn at canberra to head towards Brisbane.

That is some serious speed for an object seen in such a short period of time, unless there was more than 1.

A rocket stage re-entering the atmosphere, or being dumped before orbit, would be travelling at thousands of MPH. Easily fast enough for what you say.

I'm sticking with my theory for now, until someone presents a better explanation.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
"Rolls" are usually planned in modern rocket launches — anything that happens "unexpectedly" in one of these multi-billion-dollar launches is considered a major event. I haven't heard any talk of an "unexpected roll," so my guess is that it was part of the planned ascent.

— Doc Velocity

Hi doc
hope your feeling better.

It is mentioned on the universe today web site re the roll

On the video, it is evident the rocket experienced a slight roll, which was not expected.

Written by Nancy Atkinson
who is a NASA /JPL Solar System Ambassador,and also works for Astronomy Cast.

www.universetoday.com...

hope this helps

Ocker

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Very exciting that Australia has experienced this. I only wish I could have seen it as well. The weirdest thing about this, is at the reported times of this happening, my partner said I was sleep talking (which I do quite often), and moving about. I also remember the dream I was having at the time.

I was dreaming that it was day time, looking up in the sky, and seeing the sun as flames, instead of a big glowing ball, so I was screaming "ahhh huge solar flare, quick get the car we need to get to the closest mine and get as far underground as we can!"

How strange and coincidental!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
O.K., now I guess I'm gonna' go and say something completely nuts. What if there is not an actual "object" in the spiral. What if the spirals are gateways? They move horizontally because they are not really in our sky, they only appear to move because the earth is rotating past them as they open. Maybe our eyes just don't understand what we are seeing come out of them?

Okay, I've never posted such a weird reply, but I actually feel that's right.

[edit on 6/5/10 by jennybee35]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
just think of a giant micro wave oven in the sky blasting its energy back to Earth... but the question is why was it turned on over Sydney this morning ?

Perhaps to heat up all the Vegemite sandwiches.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Who knows comradespartan...it was stationary to begin with( or at least from when I initially saw it... then it began to move slowly, morphing into an elliptical thin shape from the swirls it originally produced...

Are these rocket type traits??

I'm open minded...explain away!!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Who needs a toaster when you can have a spiral? Thanks for that, it gave me quite a good chuckle. Hopefully some more of these spirals will happen.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I think there is a lot of people in Australia who dont know North South East West,

which direction did it go, thats what we need to find out

Another one

"I realised soon it was not the moon but that it was shooting like a comet from the southern sky and off into the northwest."

Wally

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join