It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing NEW Oil Spill Photos...WARNING! Not for the feint of heart!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I live in Daphne, AL about 30 min from gulf shores. You can smell oil badly today and our white beaches are covered in oil. We have such beautifull beaches, Im sick to my stomach over this mess.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
im not religious but some amazing parallels between this Bible text and what is happening.

Rev.8:
8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
9: And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOWILLFALL
This is nothing new this is profiteering by the US GOVERNMENT AND THE UN...

The globalist elite and Big Oil look to profiteer from the biggest manmade disaster they could have controlled much better...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
yeah saw that first pic on the paper in a 7-eleven tonight... I did a double take and said, what is that? What the hell IS that.

Nasty stuff, and it doesn't even look like regular Oil, it looks like a mixture

of Oil and whatever that dispersant did to the oil, making some kind of

sticky poison goo.

[edit on 6/5/2010 by Brainiac]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
There should be more stricter laws for wildlife and sea creatures. These poor animals cant fend for themselves and noone else seems to care. If this was people out there laying the government would be all over this.

Just because something cant talk or isnt human doesnt mean it doesnt have feelings or it cant feel pain.

If BP cared about the damage they would be doing they would be asking people for help and would be doing everything they can. I would atleast try to launch some kinda team to save as many animals as possible from this. there is gonne be alot of innocient animals thats gonna die and the government does nothing.

Before im labeled a tree hugger its just wrong to not try to save something. Especially when youre in thier enviroment doing it.

Just because a animal cant talk doesnt mean it cant communicate its pain and sorrows. We dont overlook the deaf or mute because of thier issues why do animals this way? We are all just beings trying to make it be it animal or human and every living thing has a right to life and thier lives should be protected..

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Originally posted by ChemBreather

Yes, and those on the BP's side holding guns and telling people they will be Arrested for Aiding Dying Birds, should be Jailed...

I get angry when people justify one life over another, bird or what ever, I see life in those oil-soaked Eyes....Makes me sad and angry......Dont like being sad, it is worse than being hungry...

I'm with you, but if we care, I mean REALLY care about what is happening down there - then that's where we would be, and not sat at our collective keyboards pouring out our anger right before we decide what movie we should watch tonight, all while those animals are dying.

We are all guilty, myself included

Absolutely, sitting here on te other side of the Globe typing on tha keyboard dont help those birds one bit..

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I just read here in Europe that some very rich owners of boats are getting a lot of money for their boats being "used" in oil capture .... up to 3000 dollars a day for the boat and 200 for each person working on it ... but NO CONTROL AT ALL about those work in oil pollution sector !!!!!
crazy capitalist society, the fisherman get nothing, the boat owners that already did pay their boat get up to 3000 $ a day even if they do NOTHING to clean up ???
please someone can explain me where is democracy in USA ot is it all only about money and $$$$$ and only the rich do profit from this BP mascarade ???
crazy world, crazy BP, crazy society, crazy poor victims : please REVOLT before it is too late !!!!! capitalism = lie = corrupt = neo-liberalism = do not worry about other people = JUST PROFIT, BIG PROFIT, VERY BIG PROFIT !!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
LMFAO!

You people act as if you just witnessed the world trade center attacks for the first time.

If it was some human who died instead, you guys would insult them, and probly even laugh at the person. That's the real tragedy here.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Humans did die in this oil explosion. You didn't know?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
LMFAO!

You people act as if you just witnessed the world trade center attacks for the first time.

If it was some human who died instead, you guys would insult them, and probly even laugh at the person. That's the real tragedy here.

It's obvious your sense of compassion is non-existent.

Don't you see the big picture??

This isn't just about the oil soaked animals that I posted on the first page of this thread, it's more about the overall implications of what's to come.

What you are witnessing now is a small, proverbial drop in the bucket. This "beast" is destroying our eco-system and everything in it, the effects of which will still be felt on this planet lonnnnnng after you or I are gone...THAT is what we're so upset about....

[edit on 5-6-2010 by discl0sur3]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is awfull to see.. all i hear obama speaking about is funding buisnesses who suffered from the oil.. not a word about all living things being destroyed and which are unreplacable :|

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pr0digy
I'm tired of seeing people tell others regarding this subject to stop self loathing and blame yourself for this incident. Yes, we use oil, but the fact of the matter is, it's all we've ever used, some of us here are not inventors and wouldn't know how to go about inventing an alternative energy source, just because we have cars and use plastics does NOT mean we are to blame for this tragedy what choice do we have? Until alternative energy sources are funded and put through by the government we are forced to use these things. So instead of reminding us how we are to blame, why don't you point the finger at the people doing the drilling in such deep waters that noone can do anything about the spill. Or better yet, instead of blaming others for not using alternative energy sources, how about you come down off of your pedestal and get to work on creating one. People have a right to be sad by this, it's horrible. And those pictures are from the gulf, they were shown on cnn a few minutes ago.

end rant.

You could have quoted me, I don't care.

First, I agree with you on the issue of drilling in such deep waters and I have said as much in other threads. It is ridiculous to think that there is any measure of control over what happens at those depths. I think that if you can't send human divers to fix problems, the you are drilling in water that is too deep. If that oil field in the gulf is indeed that large, then the oil can be pumped just as easily from wells in shallower water.

Second, the point of my calling people out on all this self-loathing tone that I see is that it is hypocrisy, pure and simple. I am going to go ahead and assume that most everyone here drives a car and lives in a building that requires heating and cooling, the energy for which is most likely generated by fossil fuels. When something like this oil spill occurs, these people I am talking about get all self-righteous and start trying to make everyone feel bad for being such evil humans for allowing such a thing to happen. Give me a break.

As for alternative energy sources, having the government (DC) behind the development of any types of alternative energy generation is just stupid, unless it is the military that develops it. Much of our advanced technology has come from military research. It really needs to be developed by the private sector, because free enterprise will encourage the development of a method of energy generation which will be cost-effective and profitable for the developers. Having politicians doling out money to develop inefficient means of generation such as wind and solar power is a huge waste of money. Wind and solar will never be very profitable until technology is advanced well beyond what it is now. I think maybe those technologies can be somewhat viable on an individual level, i.e., a homeowner installing those devices on their own home for their own use, but it is still very cost-prohibitive for most people to do that and the homeowner likely won't recover that investment for a long long time.

I won't even get into technologies that have come and gone that have been suppressed by current energy interests. I suspect there have been some really revolutionary ideas that never saw the light of day.

I am not smart enough to invent some kind of alternative energy that is efficient and cost-effective, and I have never suggested that I am. I think government money (modest money) would be better spent on R&D rather than funding bad tech to implement right away so we can all "feel better". I'm not sure what the ratio of funding is with regard to that, so if anyone knows, chime in.

So I hope I've clarified my comments to everyone's satisfaction, so you can stop assuming that I think I am better than anyone else, because I do not.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

no u are

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
A reader at my blog created this compelling video. I thought it should be shared wherever possible.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
An this to shall pass............

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
the Centrifuge, of opinions around this oil spill that is care free and lacking any intelligence are a characteristic, of what is part of the wrong in this World..

I do not understand the design of life. Not one bit..

I cannot but only ponder and revel in this..

Somethings are left never to be understood, just noticed. perhaps in the wake of it all, we will the ones who are awake and can see I suppose, will travel a different path.. Or perhaps not and just maybe.. None of this even really matters. I do know this much.. The first thing that comes to mind.. Will be wrong..

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Bicent76]

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
We are very worried about the oil spill because surely Obama will turn his gaze upon the ME since all exploration deep water wells permanently on hold. The strategy was supposed to enable America into self-sufficiency petrol production. Instead what happened is MMS gangsters enjoyed rock n roll sex parties and granted leases to companies whom unload their oil on the global marketplace. PLEASE wake up AMERICA write politicians and explain that if oil is to be collected in American waters at dangerous risk the oil should stay in America. Perhaps then you can pull the soldiers from Iraq and stop gazing at Iran as the next victim.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Those pictures break my heart, they had an environment where they could live and be happy, and call home, and BP took that away in weeks. I really have a tough time watching the destruction caused by this horrible accident. I watched the microbe film, and i wondered if it can be used in such a vast area to rid the oil or is it more successful in contained areas. Seems to me a beautiful solution if it can be administered in such a large area.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Thats a very powerful and heartbreaking video. I kope it gets out around the world,posted to my facebook page,I normally dont thank people for making me cry,but thanks anyway. My heart is just broken,I am sad and angry at the same time,I only pray this spewing sewage pipe of death can be stopped as soon as possible,our world is being murdered.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Yes, those type of pictures never leave my head, and to see them stuck without an ounce of help is beyond sad. the look in their eyes, somebody help me.. I am the type of person that would not let BP stop me from rescuing some of them. I'd go to jail.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join