It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing NEW Oil Spill Photos...WARNING! Not for the feint of heart!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiamo4ever
Those pictures break my heart, they had an environment where they could live and be happy, and call home, and BP took that away in weeks. I really have a tough time watching the destruction caused by this horrible accident. I watched the microbe film, and i wondered if it can be used in such a vast area to rid the oil or is it more successful in contained areas. Seems to me a beautiful solution if it can be administered in such a large area.

GOM is rich in oil eating microbes because of natural leaks and pipeline bursts that happen quite frequently please visit MMS website and enter "accidents" into search window for examples.

The microbes could be used in wetlands instead of humans adding further damage, this can only start after well is cemented( I will discuss RW later)

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Why are the animals brown? Isn't oil black?

Just asking

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hey, here's an idea, instead of doing something, let's all log on to our computer's and bitch about this (which by the way is viewing what the MSM is showing us, NO cell phone or camcorder footage here) or whine and add links to our own posts we made on this here on ATS, because if we all whine and complain in the comfort of our own homes together, something WILL get done

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
These images are hard to look at. But honestly what is more disturbing is I can post about how horrible BP and the other oil companys are. Curse the media for not showing these images. But at the end of it all, next time we need to leave the house me and my family are going to get in our car and drive, hell making this post has reminded me our car needs gas! We are completely dependent on oil in a thousand different ways, and I'm sure in my life time and past that there is going to be nothing that is going to change about it. Heart breaking if you think about it

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by skoalman88

Just asking

And here we have someone who takes their car to jiffy lube.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by skoalman88

Just asking
It's a good question and from an oil producing country I can answer... This is a wild well with no controls on it so everything in the reservoir is blowing out, plus BP is spraying Corexit and changing the substructure of the crude. The oil is also mixed into the Ocean where microbes are eating it breaking down plus with sunlight. Very complex question and my response is only theory, we need to study it further.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
All of these pictures are absolutely horrible. It's getting worse and worse as each day passes. What I'm worried about the most is the upcoming food shortages.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Originally posted by ChemBreather

Yes, and those on the BP's side holding guns and telling people they will be Arrested for Aiding Dying Birds, should be Jailed...

I get angry when people justify one life over another, bird or what ever, I see life in those oil-soaked Eyes....Makes me sad and angry......Dont like being sad, it is worse than being hungry...

I'm with you, but if we care, I mean REALLY care about what is happening down there - then that's where we would be, and not sat at our collective keyboards pouring out our anger right before we decide what movie we should watch tonight, all while those animals are dying.

We are all guilty, myself included

I cannot agree with anything you are saying. Its one thing to care about the enviroment and people and its quite another thing to go down there, where you would be most unwanted and with no protective gear. You might as well contract aids and die...its the same thing inhaling crude oil and methane.

Americans want accountability? Strange I don't see many people protesting in washington lately! Why not? What are you waiting for? Is it lack of leadership or what? How can you expect government to take you seriously if you don't excercise your fundamental rights? Placing lots of trust in a corrupt government makes you almost as guilty as the government that is screwing you over....

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yet another series of photos that will make your blood boil, from Grand Isle, LA
Grand Isle Photo Series

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I know this will sound stupid at first but dont look at this like a total tragedy, this is definitely the last straw and not hydrogen fuel studies will skyrocket and hopefully mean a cleaner tomorrow!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mweiss
Yet another series of photos that will make your blood boil, from Grand Isle, LA
Grand Isle Photo Series

wow one photo in set with the clean-up spill workers makes me think effort is futile....

hard to grasp this

well perhaps outlaw cars now and just keep truck until a railway is built. People should just walk now until new energy happens and WE do have the technology oil companies buried it same as the dolphins washing up on the shore in GOM.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This is truly disturbing, that oil spill is going to offset the balance of the eco system whereby, disease, and pestilences’ my arise!

Apocalyptic predictions of the sea turning to blood may be related to this oil spill. Hundreds of thousands of sea animas may die, thereby in fact turn the sea to blood as has been described in the good BOOK.

What this may do is trigger other diseases that will be caused by new bacteria’s and viruses that evolve from this mess that BP is responsible for. People need to stock up on antiviral and antibacterial products because we do not know the long term effect this will have on us land dwellers.

Democrats were right in fighting offshore oil drilling in the West Coast off of California! Unfortunately the Republicans were so much in bed with the oil industry that they allowed the drilling of shore in the Caribbean.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This is truly disturbing, that oil spill is going to offset the balance of the eco system whereby, disease, and pestilences’ my arise!

Apocalyptic predictions of the sea turning to blood may be related to this oil spill. Hundreds of thousands of sea animas may die, thereby in fact turn the sea to blood as has been described in the good BOOK.

What this may do is trigger other diseases that will be caused by new bacteria’s and viruses that evolve from this mess that BP is responsible for. People need to stock up on antiviral and antibacterial products because we do not know the long term effect this will have on us land dwellers.

Democrats were right in fighting offshore oil drilling in the West Coast off of California! Unfortunately the Republicans were so much in bed with the oil industry that they allowed the drilling of shore in the Caribbean.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWizard

Actually, you should check your fact. MSNBC, for 50+ days was been calling this one of the worst things to EVER HAPPEN to our country. And those photos from the OP are plastered all over CNN and MSNBC, every hour, on the hour.

I understand how 'evil' the MSM happens to be....at least in the eyes of most of ATS. Please at least check your facts before you spread disinformation.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Wow that's really sad. I don't care if it's just an animal, it really sucks to see a living creature suffering that way. I sort of wish I hadn't clicked on this topic, but then again that's the problem...people don't want to face the reality.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
this whole thing makes me sick. bp needs to get going and fix this mess. it dosent cost that much to drill a hold and pump up some oil. where is all the outrageous amounts of money going to from gas revenue. for the sake of all life on earth stop being so greedy and at least try to save the animals plants and people. if this dosent stop now it will ruin the oceans and their ecosystem. you money hungry corporations make me sick. and the politicians even sicker for sticking their hands in the greedy corporations pockets.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The Antichrist (Obama) is playing the innocent president role, but has the solutions before him, and meanwhile warren buffet and friends are having 2.5 million dollar lunches. This is a satanic ploy to kill off the world and give excuse to carbon tax and cap and trade. Obama has already expressed the urgency to not clean this up, but most importantly, (to him), that we pass new legislation and reforms to the system. We already know what this crap is.

THIS IS THE TIME NOW! READ THE BIBLE, AND KNOW THE CREATOR! I CHALLENGE ALL ATS MEMBERS TO READ THE BOOK OF GENESIS IN ITS ENTIRETY. ONLY GENESIS IS THE REQUIREMENT TO THIS CHALLENGE, AND OTHERS WHO WISH TO GO FURTHER ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED BY ME

PERHAPS THROUGH YOUR READINGS YOU WILL BEGIN TO KNOW THE LORD THY GOD AND LOVE HIM AND HIS WORLD WITH ALL THY HEART! THIS IS THE TIME MORE THEN EVER! THE WORLD IS COMMING TO A DARK TIME AND THE ANTICHRIST HAS BEEN REVEALED. CLAIMING AND COMPARING HIS BIRTH TO THE BIRTH OF JESUS AND CLAIMING RIGHTOUSNESS ADMIST THE SATANIC POLICY WHICH WILL ONLY BECOME MORE OBVIOUS. GOD SAYS IN THE BIBLE THOSE WHO CONTINUE TO REJECT GOD IN THEIR HEART WILL BE GIVEN TO A FALSE IMAGE THEY WILL FOLLOW AND WORSHIP AND BELIEVE, BUT IT WILL DOOM THEM FOR NOT ACCEPTING THE TRUTH AND MERCY OF GOD AND THE MERCY WHICH WAS DEMONSTRATED THROUGH JESUS

[edit on 12-6-2010 by KilluminatisRex]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Those who are responsible for this spill deserve their heads on a pig pole.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
im just so sickened by this. i wish i could do something. boycott bp is a start.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join