It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Sissy Boys Allowed.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos
The sole reason why the metrosexual thing took off is because women love it! Metrosexual men get the best looking girls and have lots more sex.

A man who cannot get women by being himself must therefore put on a front, that is a sad world... A man willing to hide himself and subscribe to a media created image just to bag a sl*g is exactly why the world is up the creek without a paddle.

Manly or sissy... be yourself.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263

The sole reason why the metrosexual thing took off is because women love it! Metrosexual men get the best looking girls and have lots more sex.

A man who cannot get women by being himself must therefore put on a front, that is a sad world... A man willing to hide himself and subscribe to a media created image just to bag a sl*g is exactly why the world is up the creek without a paddle.

This time I can't agree with you at all. You seem to be saying that you are either a sissy or manly, anything else is just a front. Also 'bag a slag'? That's one of the reasons the world is up the creek without a paddle. Perhaps if people had a little more respect than this we'd get on better. Or is respect for sissies?

And ver few men, or women, are themselves when they are trying to attract someone. They put on a front of sorts - even if that is only making sure they don't swear as much as usual, or trying to be more eloquent, women putting on extra make-up and special clothes that they wouldn't wear to work, or to the cinema - it's all a front to some small degree. Of course, when you aren't trying to attract someone then you are yourself and they may very well be attracted to that, but thats beside the point.

As I said, it is not always a front - sometimes they just are that way. Let them. THAT is the real problem with the world - the human need to tell other people how they should look, act; what they should believe, etc. These generalisations are just ridiculous. We're Human. Simple. All different.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Fighting is never the "only" solution, but it is ridiculous to take it off the table as one of the options. A man has to be "willing" to fight for what he believes, and also intelligent enough to see the whole situation, articulate his point of view, understand the other point of view, and work toward a resolution.

Kenny Rogers sum it up well with the closing lines of
"Coward Of The County"

I promised you, dad, not to do the things you've done.
I'll walk away from trouble when I can.
Now please dont think Im weak, I didnt turn the other cheek,
papa, I sure hope you understand:
Sometimes you gotta fight when youre a man.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by acrux]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

The problem as with anything is a lack of understanding. The world needs grunts and -Snip- alike. they both serve a function and a purpose. people just love to debates 2 sides of a point while all the while missing the bigger picture. classic mistake. The world isnt turning gay its just a trend it will pass. there is always a back lash because people are idiots and always take things too far. its been going on for thousands of years. in another decade chicks will be into macho guys in another 2 decades they will be into the pussies and so forth.

look at the past if you want to see the future. the toys change but we dont.

Mod Edit - For Obscene Terminology; Please Review This Link

[edit on Tue, 01 Jun 2010 19:49:56 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Well this is the thing, a lot of people seem to think that if you dissagree with the way society is going such as the feminization of the male population you must somehow be an ignorant tough guy moron. I dont really see it that way, and to be honest i do consider myself an alpha male, especialy when im in the city on a friday night and surrounded by a lot of dudes who couldnt fight there way out a paper bag. But im pretty much just a normal hard working guy, a bit rough admitadly, but wtf i aint wearing perfume and i think women in general feel a lot safer with someone like me, knowing that i can take care of myself and protect and provide for them when need be. Wearing makeup and jewelry and generaly mincing around does not inspire this.

Finally! Someone who is a normal man!

If you guys think that Rothschild/Rockefeller funded movements encouraging girls to become lesbians and boys to become fags are sensible things, and not designed to destroy society, you've got another think coming. Even back in my day (80s) this stuff was going on. They hadn't coined the term "metrosexual" yet for those weak minded morons who, even though they are not gay, have been brainwashed into thinking it is somehow good, not a form of insanity. You can't really force someone to be gay. We just called them "pretty boys" and it is obviously trying to straddle the line between male and female. The same goes for the women, there is a reason why models now look like fourteen year old boys rather than women.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-6-2010 by CaptChaos]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm not so sure more testosterone would do it. When my boys meds are off he can produce huge amounts of testosterone, huge. He's not aggressive in the least, very level headed, doesnt look for fights and is very aware of how his actions affect others. I have my doubts concerning the testosterone thing.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I've followed the thread with some amusement
and to be honest have no intention of being labeled or labeling anyone...

Not sure if makeup or dressing like a peacock makes a man less of a man, since that concept would include a lot of the senior military personnel in days gone by.. what with the make up and wigs...

For me the whole thing is cultural, I mean Pics of Francis Drake, Admiral/Renowed pirate in his frills looks silly to me, and a little girlie.. But I don't think I'd go round calling him a -Snip- for dressing up like that.

Mod Edit - For Obscene Terminology; Please Review This Link

[edit on Tue, 01 Jun 2010 20:40:26 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Every man/boy should know how to fight...that is my personal opinion.

Not "defend" yourself....fight.

You should also "learn" or find out how to turn IT on...some here will know what I'm talking about...some won't. It's like a switch...like going from a normal guy to the Hulk.

I have to agree with the OP...I think boys are becoming too soft these days. It's in the culture now...look at all the teen boy actors and singers...I honestly can't tell sometimes if they are boys or girls.

If this makes me "unenlightened"...so be it. I'll be an unenlightened man who can beat someone down if they are threatening my family....I'll take that.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

These sl*gs and metrosexuals are all clones from the same celebrity magazine, they're one from the same press, not like actual 'humans' at all. I'm not saying it's their fault.

Even though it's not their fault I struggle to find any respect for the tarts and pathetic blokes who go from pub to pub and make my town look like a meat market on fake tan and steroids.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Yet another ridiculous attempt to reinforce cultural stereotypes of masculinity and femininity.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Well this is the thing, a lot of people seem to think that if you dissagree with the way society is going such as the feminization of the male population you must somehow be an ignorant tough guy moron. I dont really see it that way, and to be honest i do consider myself an alpha male, especialy when im in the city on a friday night and surrounded by a lot of dudes who couldnt fight there way out a paper bag. But im pretty much just a normal hard working guy, a bit rough admitadly, but wtf i aint wearing perfume and i think women in general feel a lot safer with someone like me, knowing that i can take care of myself and protect and provide for them when need be. Wearing makeup and jewelry and generaly mincing around does not inspire this.

Finally! Someone who is a normal man!

If you guys think that Rothschild/Rockefeller funded movements encouraging girls to become lesbians and boys to become fags are sensible things, and not designed to destroy society, you've got another think coming. Even back in my day (80s) this stuff was going on. They hadn't coined the term "metrosexual" yet for those weak minded morons who, even though they are not gay, have been brainwashed into thinking it is somehow good, not a form of insanity. You can't really force someone to be gay. We just called them "pretty boys" and it is obviously trying to straddle the line between male and female. The same goes for the women, there is a reason why models now look like fourteen year old boys rather than women.

www.youtube.com...

NORMAL? what the hell is normal? if your talking majority why is the majority any better than the minority? just because a billion idiots decide to jump off a bridge doesnt make it a good idea. Normal is a very relative word.

what you consider normal might not be normal to another person. So it should read " what I CONSIDER normal " this then gives the reader a clear indication of what your values are. You might consider rubbing goose fat all over yourself and swimming the English channel is normal there might be others who might disagree.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Are you telling me you don't try to impress girls you like the look of? Girls like guys to make an effort. Making an effort means it's you aren't really being yourself. I hate wearing suits but I wear one when the time requires it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

Are you telling me you don't try to impress girls you like the look of? Girls like guys to make an effort. Making an effort means it's you aren't really being yourself. I hate wearing suits but I wear one when the time requires it.

This may come as a surprise to you...but some guys don't have to make an effort. They don't act fake, which is what you are suggesting, they act themselves and SURPRISE...it works just fine.

You do know that people can tell when you are "making an effort"...I like to call that "trying to hard". Girls may like it when you try to impress them...for a short while...but that will soon wear off...unless you plan on selling yourself out for the rest of your life just for the attention of a girl.

Just be yourself...it's much easier...and you'll have more self-respect for yourself...AND you may just find someone who likes you for YOU and not the person you are pretending to be.

I know...shocking concept.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Dressing appropriately, showering, and general maintenance such as ear and nose hair plucking is not only appreciated, it is mandatory.

I think he was referring to the guys that pretend to like a certain kind of music, or a certain kind of food. The guys that wax their eyebrows (which I tried once, btw!), the guys that pretend to be into certain scenes, or art, or put on airs.

Nothing wrong with trying to impress your girl. Even branching out a little and surprising her with some culture, as long as you do it as yourself. I am a redneck from Missouri. I happen to live in Florida right now, and I may decide to take my wife to a see "A Midsummer's Night Dream." I kind of like it, but I won't be in there quoting Shakespeare or commenting on the symbolism and dichotomy of the era. I will just be looking at the pretty little fairies in their tights, and wondering at the spectacle of it all. I am educated enough to go either way, but I choose to be honest about what I enjoy, and I happen to enjoy the pretty little fairies, and my wife knows this!

Nothing wrong with looking nice and enjoying some culture, but there is certainly something wrong with trying to change your identity or pretend you are something that you are not.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

So the ducks got some balls after all, see you can stop being a -Snip- when pushed. So stop all the other whiney little bitch talk & keep acting like a man.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by acrux]

lol. I'm guessing reading isn't you're strong-point, as you clearly didn't read all of my first post. Now tell me, little 'man', what whiney bitch-talk are you referring to? Where I'm point out that your pathetic whining is just that? Or perhaps pointing out how you watching men and checking out how they are dressed etc and saying "Oh, he should thooo not wear that" is somewhat far from anyone's definition of manly?

Or is it that I'm saying that you sitting at home, on a forum, bitching about how men dress and act, and suggesting that they should be more like you (because I'm sure you are the pinacle of masculinity) is just sad, pathetic, moronic, un-manly (again).

Also, how are you 'pushing' me? I suppose by making this utter waste-of-ether thread, yes, but do you actually think that your little opinion means anything to me? Cute

Also, what is your definition of a man then? Oh look, we've come fuill circle, back to the original question that you seem incapable of answering. From your quoting, I'm guessing you see sarcasm and irony as manly. Ok, I'll be sure to keep it up, you big manly manly, bear-man
xxxxxxx

Mod Edit - To remove vulgarity from quote box.

[edit on Tue, 01 Jun 2010 20:42:19 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

When I was still single I found that it was easier to impress girls by being myself... which meant I was one of the very few people out and about that didn't fit the mold. The places I met girls were at house parties and bars, places where you can get into conversation and maybe impress a girl with some human interaction.

I guess I could have got dressed up in clothes I didn't like, maybe even pretended to be someone I wasn't and pulled a girl by buying her drinks, I guess I even did this when I was finding my real self, as a student for the first few months. But I soon realised that you don't pull decent women like this.

I swear to god, I get off on not creating an image to pull, I like being in an upper class bar and being the only one with trainers on... not for the attention or whatever but because it makes me feel good that I know myself and am proud to be myself. In fact the day I realised how to be myself in all situations was truly enlightening, it's changed my whole world. Yeah I'm no scruff, and yeah my trainers may be clean(ish) but I don't do it for the women.

I see your point though, most people will compromise their true selves for a quickie.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

BTW, I once mastered the art of picking up Victoria's Secret workers. When I was a young man, I found out by accident that women love to help a man shop for his mother! My mom used to get a lot of perfumes and robes and things from Victoria's Secret, because I could walk in there, look confused, act helpless, and then tell the girls that I didn't know where to shop for my mother, the store was far to embarrassing for a country boy like me, and I just needed help. Pretty soon, I would have several girls ogling over me, I would make a small purchase and collect up the phone numbers! Often times, I would even leave with one of the girls about to get off work!

He heheheheheh. You can be yourself. You can even be more of yourself than is necessary! I didn't have to be the total aloof country boy, but it fit me well and served me immensely!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

This may come as a surprise to you...but some guys don't have to make an effort. They don't act fake, which is what you are suggesting, they act themselves and SURPRISE...it works just fine.

You do know that people can tell when you are "making an effort"...I like to call that "trying to hard". Girls may like it when you try to impress them...for a short while...but that will soon wear off...unless you plan on selling yourself out for the rest of your life just for the attention of a girl.

Just be yourself...it's much easier...and you'll have more self-respect for yourself...AND you may just find someone who likes you for YOU and not the person you are pretending to be.

I know...shocking concept.

I think what he and I are getting at is that when you like a girl (in this case), yes you act yourself, but you accentuate your positive aspects and make sure you keep hidden anything less than positive. For example, you might have big arms and so you don't wear a baggy top, because she'll like that. You don't speak too well, so you try to speak clearer and more eloquently. Do you see what I mean?

It's not exactly not being yourself, but it is very very rare that someone is exactly the same around a girl they like as they are around their friends and everyone else. Even if trying to impress the girl extends only to sharing your knowledge of a topic that interests her, for example.

Also, making an effort and trying too hard are very different things. You make an effort if a girl is worth it - making an effort means making her feel like she's the only one in the room, perhaps. So I, at least, am not saying that everyone is fake to impress a girl.

Also, I'd have to say that girls are not 'just' anything. If you think of them as 'just girls', then you're doing something wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join