It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Sissy Boys Allowed.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

Well Thanks. I was beginning to feel underappreciated? I hadn't offended anybody so far, and I thought I had lost my touch.

Now, to stroke my own ego, which part was it that finally got to you?

BTW, if my post is the one that offended you, I wouldn't read much more of the thread, because I wasn't nearly the meanest or most direct poster on here.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Think about it from a "TPTB" standpoint:

Which is easier to control - Alpha Males, or Beta Males?

Alpha Males have role models like John Wayne, men who keep their word, have an excellent work ethic, are skilled in several different areas, able to stand up for what it right regardless of the consequences, eat red meat, provide for their families, and are all around manly men.

Beta Males have role models like Ryan Seacrest, are wishy washy about things, easily influenced by the latest trends, tend to not have a lot of testosterone in their systems, are meek and shy, and are pretty much like women.

By giving popular culture icon status to people like Ryan Seacrest, and Queer Eye for the straight guy, the people will learn to accept and become what they see on TV.

Take away the Testosterone, and you are left with a weak minded, weak bodied mush of people. Easily controlled, afraid to offend, and not even close to enough of a backbone to stand up for themselves.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RicketyCricket

Take away the Testosterone, and you are left with a weak minded, weak bodied mush of people. Easily controlled, afraid to offend, and not even close to enough of a backbone to stand up for themselves.

BTW, people are giving Testosterone far too much credit. My testosterone levels are very, very low according to my Doc. And they always have been. I am 36 and since I was about 30, my testosterone doesn't even reach the bottom of the test scale. Now in the past 6 years, I have had a wonderful sex life, had 2 wonderful boys conceived and born in less than 2 attempts (one mystery and/or accident), and I have all the vigor and lust that I have ever had. The doc wants to prescribe Androgel to fix the hormone level, and I tried it for awhile. My wife says I am less moody and in a better overall mood when I take it. Not "more" aggressive, but actually "less" aggressive.

I don't know what to make of it, but I will put my low testosterone body in the ring with any of Ryan Seacrest anyday!!

When I was a very young man, I did take bovine steroids for a round or two, and it did have the super-human effect that it was supposed to have in the weight room. I put on mass, and I gained an enormous amount of strength, I also gained an enormous amount of confidence/aggression.

I wouldn't recommend steroids for anybody, but I also don't credit or blame testosterone for why males act like males. I do blame TV for why males act like sissies though!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I got you on the evening out of hormones thing. I have looked into average testosterone levels for males, and it has been on a steady decline since the 1970s. You can see how things have changed from 1980-today. The complete passification (pussification?) of the society is well underway and getting closer and closer to the end.

Cum-bay-ya my butt.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Will they teach them to say macho things? Like "Get on your knees ho and take it like a metrosexual".

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Does anyone think the drop in testosterone levels and the passification of society is, instead of a conspiracy (which is possible), nature's reaction to world war 1 and 2?

All the macho personalities have died off or are in their twilight and even those like Norman Mailer were upset that "manly" characteristics were being driven underground decades ago.

I suppose now the tough guys can consider themselves a rare commodity.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Tykonos

i take it all women who wear make up are being fake too, making themselves look like something they are not?

Good point, but for the record, and for all of you women reading this, I very, very rarely see a woman who looks "better" in makeup!

Maybe it is just me, but I love to see a woman's natural skin and eyes and lips. Again, nothing wrong with taking care of yourself, exfoliating those lips, and conditioning your long, soft, pretty hair. Nothing wrong with a golden tan, but no need for the pancake coverage, the bright eye and lip liner, the red lipstick. No good.

If you happen to have a blemish, keep the make up subtle. Neutral tones, leave your hair down, be understated and soft! That is how us "manly" men like our women. Soft, supple, and sweet! Perfect compliment to a calloused and scarred up fella!

It is really nice to hear a man say this
But here is a little secret, women usually wear makeup for themselves or other women. (NO! Not in that kind of way!!) Yes sometimes we do it for you boys, but mostly, in an quasi territorial way.

Now from a womans point of view.. I am giggling at this entire thread. You boys are so silly!

Most women I know, do not want to share precious counter space with a man who uses more products than we do.. and quite frankly if a man has better groomed eyebrows than us, that freaks us out!

And DUH! Being a Metro doesn't make one gay.. just high maintenance!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
hehe I remember growing up, with same teachings about being tough. Course I'm raising my son the same way.

it's all part of culture and everyone has their own different take on things, teaching toughness is good ethics.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Will they teach them to say macho things? Like "Get on your knees ho and take it like a metrosexual".

That sounds more like some decrepit priest.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicketyCricket

Alpha Males have role models like John Wayne, men who keep their word, have an excellent work ethic, are skilled in several different areas, able to stand up for what it right regardless of the consequences, eat red meat, provide for their families, and are all around manly men.

Beta Males have role models like Ryan Seacrest, are wishy washy about things, easily influenced by the latest trends, tend to not have a lot of testosterone in their systems, are meek and shy, and are pretty much like women.

I truly hope you are joking, because otherwise this takes the title of most ridiculous post. What an immensely pathetic generalisation

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Funny thread!

My favourites so far are
"I can cut off any finger, without even frowning, and if my granddaddy says i look stupid, I immediately run, cry, and shave my head"

and

"I am so ashamed of what I have failed to achieve in life, I cant even cry in front of my own familiy. Now please pat me on the back and tell me what a manly man I am"

Go on guys, I just get some more popcorn

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
Does anyone think the drop in testosterone levels and the passification of society is, instead of a conspiracy (which is possible), nature's reaction to world war 1 and 2?

All the macho personalities have died off or are in their twilight and even those like Norman Mailer were upset that "manly" characteristics were being driven underground decades ago.

I suppose now the tough guys can consider themselves a rare commodity.

It could be so many things. The world wars is a great theory. The Flouride in the water is another. All the anti-depressants and prescription drugs in the water system is another.

I know that when I moved to Florida, from Missouri, I was astounded at how difficult it is to start a fight down here! I've done some things while I was out drinking that I am not very proud of, but here in Florida, someone usually buys me a beer for it? In Missouri, in all of the bars at about 11:30 people start fighting just because they are bored! We used to joke that if you haven't picked up a woman by 11:30, you start looking for a fight. The night ends one of two ways. The bars don't even need closing times, because the lights come on when the brawl starts, and the night is over.

I have postulated in other threads that it might be the concealed weapons laws in Florida that make everyone so respectful to one another. I hope it is that, and not all the good drugs and passive tourists!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think this is great and more should work backwards to the mentallity of the 70's era. The constant pussification of america and the world is most of the reason we are in trouble today. It is the same reason there is no more SHOCK radio and if we continue to pad and child protect the world then natural selection will be negated till it matters most. And when the SHTF these weak specimens will die first. What happend to survival of the fitest?? That is a strong base not what we have now, now... we are just fake... plastic and if you rolled our @$$ over it would say made in china. "Or at least owned by china".

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

uhm...shock radio does still exist. That's why I love my Sirius. Also while I am much more middle of the road myself, I would say alot of the macho personality is why were in so much trouble. War, greed, corruption didn't come from a bunch of 'metros' in office all over the world.

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Greed and corruption exist with monetary systems. War is an innate human trait. Regardless of whether you are metro or macho, there will be greed and corruption on both sides.

The metros will probably horde the eyeliner and skinny jeans, while the machos will take the women and money.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RicketyCricket

The metros will probably horde the eyeliner and skinny jeans, while the machos will take the women and money.

I knew there was a reason I chose the macho camp!

I don't even want the money, I will just take the women and beer. To quote the Beastie Boys, "I grabbed two women and a beer thats cold."

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

Yeah, sort of like a "The meek shall perish" attitude.

This is actually a law of nature, although it seems evil for a person to have this outlook. On one level we all desire peace and safety, we have humanistic values. Yet, on another level nature is unforgiving and forces our species to strengthen itself unless we all shall perish. It is unfortunate that we sustain so many casualties along the way.

You make a good point about radio. About 8 years ago I used to listen to this one guy everyday before school who would deliberately fight people and have the most insane confrontations. He would always threaten the producers to fire him and one day they did. Was a sad day.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
WOW, this is quite the thread. So many manly men men here on ATS. Sitting on the computer, flexing their muscles. I can`t believe people have not gotten over this mentality yet. Get over your selves. It`s usually the uneducated bumpkins who turn to brawn because they have no brains. Let people be people.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Radio is free and Sirius is a paid service and because you pay you agre to it. The only reason Sirius exsists is due to the fact that parents as worried there poor angels will hear Bubba the love sponge shot coller a stripper. When the truth is they get much more graffic things from the net.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
many people are confusing the trappings of western culture with "gender identity". Aggression is not a male trait per say. It is a human trait. As for testosterone, you do realize this hormone is present in females as well?
Men also require Estrogen for their functioning and it is suspected low-levels of the hormone can actual cause a drop in libido.
en.wikipedia.org...

No, it's not a dreaded demon. You require it to sustain life. Balance is the key to life.

I think what we are seeing here is the "commercialization" of personality. Notice how all the clothing stores have particular personality sets associated with them?
us.dockers.com...

Note the "Rugged" style used. It invokes a sort of "upscale" blue-collar vibe.

Let's look at something else shall we?
www.hottopic.com...

Dark, slightly menacing, lots of black. This invokes a rebellious, anti-social stance.

What you have done is associate archetypes sold to you (note the previous mention of John Wayne) as models of actual personality. Was John Wayne really like the people he portrayed? You would be silly to think so. Fiction is fiction. We should not be using these kind of archetypes to model our lives after. You don't have to buy a personality.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by antonia]

[edit on 1-6-2010 by antonia]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join