It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

"You do not know why Israel attacked "

Yes we do, the Israeli Military spokeswoman said it was to stop the illegal importation of unknown activists into Israel.

That's what they say!

link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Well you see, just like the posters in here, certain factions of Palestine (not the majority of Palestinians!) call for the genocide and murder of Israelis consinstently. As does Syria. As does Iran. As does Hezbollah.

Have I mentioned that theyve been calling for the eradication of Jews long before they had the weapons to defend themselves?

Today they finally have the weapons and the balls to stand up for themselves and the haters are going haywire because of it.

link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
reply to post by felonius

You're in Israel's "corner" because it feeds your delusions. You need your delusions because facts will get in the way. Straw Men and Red Herrings are your style. After all, who wants the responsibility of knowing they "back" a murderer?

Might as well make the delusion fit around YOUR WORLD, huh?

Nope. If you get kicked in the teeth enough, your gonna be a bit cautious. This is similiar to the Lusitania being sunk by Deutchland in ww1. It was later revealed that they were carrying munitions.

Just one more method to start something by providing something.

I dont think Israel is a bunch of angels. Not by a longshot. I'm just giving them the benefit of a doubt.

By the way, I could accuse you equally of being delusional. Just on the opposite side.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

It's a systematic culling of innocent people!

Well, except for the little "rocket problem". Let's keep it honest, shall we?

[edit on 31-5-2010 by AllIsOne]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrddin Wyllt
That's what they say!

some take what the media says at face-value when it suits them.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
You know we forget to easy the aim of these brave people.

They set out on this quest with one objective (to get aid to Gaza) but two possible outcomes.

1) That they would break Israel's illegal blockade.

2) That they would show the world what Israel really is.

It is a shame that so many have died to prove the latter....

My heart goes out to those that had to die to prove a point...

Their point WAS proved and I can only hope that the WORLD reacts!!!!

[edit on 31-5-2010 by virgom129]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
We did not encounter peace activists, but violent people with knives, pipes, batons and weapons. Our force was indeed in life-threatening danger. They had to open fire. ...It is important for me to stress the mission is the result of numerous failed attempts at diplomacy, and this was a planned and premeditated media and physical attack against our forces, orchestrated by Hamas and Iran, seeking to continue importing weapons into Gaza.

As a person and the IDF spokesman, I express sorrow of the entire incident, but when soldiers face large knives, batons and weapons, they are compelled to defend themselves.

Oh those poor IDF victims of this horrendous invasion force...
What's that smell? Bologna? They say the same thing about all the other 'militants'...

Take a good look at that picture and realize this kid, like so many other kids, was probably shot in what is left of his own neighborhood and probably labeled a militant. The only half-truth in that pile of rubbish is the "planned and premeditated media", until they get a chance to start planting evidence that is.

link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by jrmcleod

It doesn't matter who was on board of the ship. The IDF acted like pirates and the passengers are allowed to defend themselves by law. Don't go for the Israeli PR spin ...

There is no law that allows anybody to board a ship in International Waters.

Oh no no no no, i'm not believing this woman, i think it is appauling thata country can try to defend itself woth these comments...there is no excuse. I just find it appauling that she is allowed to broadcast these comments where millions of people will hear her and believe her and so the story goes on

link   

Netanyahu mulls cancelling U.S. trip in wake of Gaza flotilla deaths

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is considering the cancellation of his imminent trip to the United States, in wake of the deaths of at least 10 people after Israel Navy troops boarded a flotilla of ships heading to the Gaza Strip carrying aid.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
What a thing to wake up too
....... I will keep my own judgement until all the facts are in play... But YOU DO NOT attack foriegn ships in INTERNATIONAL waters period... YOU DO NOT attack aid workers EVER.... I suspect that that the soldiers were attacked and they responded with deadly force...

Just seen the Israeli spokeswoman and I was correct in my assesment... They were lynched when they borded the ships.... This may have been an Hamas set up for this reason to cause outrage.... However I know spin and BS when I hear it.... They were in international waters, attacking a foriegn Turkish ship... A defecto act of war against Turkey.... Another example of the madness that is infecting Israel... Another reason why I left....

Way to go! Im starting to suspect that they do this on purpose so REAL Jews all over the world get the fall out persecution from this... Maybe there is something to this zionist conspiracy after all....
I feel like burning my passport

link   

I just saw her on tv, how much media spin do you want, The Israel Army Spokeswoman says this, I saw her with my own eyes making this statement on TV!

link   

Originally posted by PatesHatriots
Shark or anyone else watching the LiveStream at the time. Is this even remotely close to the reality of what you saw? Because this is the farthest thing from what I saw.

You are correct friend... What I saw was a massacre committed by raving lunatics who opened fire as soon as their feet hit the deck, it didn't stop until 15 innocent people were dead. All the while folks are scattered, terrified, and begging the commandos to stop shooting them.

Oh well at least Israel has all the loot, oops sorry meant "aid".

link   
Anyone who wants to see someone tell MSM exactly what Israel is, please watch this clip in full -

George Galloway is a hero who has been banished for speaking the TRUTH!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Oh this is a gem NY Times reports IDF met with “live fire and light weaponry including knives and clubs.”

NY Times

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Youve got to hand it to them, they are brave SOB's.
It was obvious what Israel would do if they tried to run the blockade, but they did it smart.
It was televised, it was live, they had political people, journo's, civies...

Israel... stepped over a dangerous line here. What allies will willingly stand by you, when they can expect their people to be massacred like this?

... Israel ... is it really unkown now, why so many people want to rid you from this planet?

Never before have i considered myself anti-israeli, but today you firmed up all the anti-semite's argumenst against you.

Id say this is disgusting, but there's a very big understatement.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Readers have to look at the publics reactions way before it was known what happened.

99% of the posters sounded ready to tear Israel to shreds no matter what. These are the same people that paint the Hamas as innocent lambs.

Thats a fact that can easily be checked with some research-browsing through these Forums.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
I suspect that that the soldiers were attacked and they responded with deadly force...

Not even close, check out all the preceding comments from those like me who witnessed this as the attack occurred.

These cowards opened fire on unarmed civilian aid workers...on live TV!

link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
Readers have to look at the publics reactions way before it was known what happened.

99% of the posters sounded ready to tear Israel to shreds no matter what. These are the same people that paint the Hamas as innocent lambs.

Thats a fact that can easily be checked with some research-browsing through these Forums.

Hi - how much are you getting paid?

I seriously doubt you are blind or stupid. Have you just been selecting the worst comments on here and then twisting it to make us all look bad?

I know your game.

link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
She has clearly stated that there is no humanitarian aid required in Gaza.

Then what was the harm and why was this so disastrous?

If what they were bringing was redundant then there shouldn't have been this much deadly drama about this delivery.

I wouldn't shoot a guy bringing my neighbor a second water filter just because I didn't think he needed it.

That is ignoring the fact that these commandos performed an illegal action(s) on the flotillas that were in international waters. They had no right to flash-bomb and board the flotillas, let alone fire upon the passengers.

They would have no right to do what they allegedly did and it is wrong on so many levels.

- Lee

link   

If you're going to call me a right winged American anti-semite, you better show me that:

a) I live in America (I live in Australia)
b) I am right wing (I am left wing)
c) I made a comment about the Jewish faith (I commented on Israel, not Jews).

If not, your personalized attack in an attempt to discredit my opinion is a T&C violation and completely off topic!

Deny Ignorance!
Oops! Too late!

IRM

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join