It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IwantAbailOut_12
Oh this is a gem NY Times reports IDF met with “live fire and light weaponry including knives and clubs.”

NY Times

You got to give the Americans credit. They are the kings of Bull#. Suddenly frantic people diving for cover are wielding "light weaponry". A camel in the desert is a "weapon of mass destruction."

This has been a great object lesson for me. It really doesn't matter what the truth in this world is. It only matters what authorities say the truth is. Unbelievable. Tomorrow the vast majority of the Western world will be applauding Israel for sticking it to the terrorists. While the 11,000 or so people who watched live know what really happened.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by PatesHatriots]

link   

Originally posted by PatesHatriots
reply to post by felonius

Well you're an ignorant Texan who automatically chooses a side before getting all the info. Also you have an ignorant neo-con bent that is single-handedly bringing this country down. It's better to foe you so I can dismiss your posts in the future as being nonsensical tripe that to waste my time reading your whimsical thoughts.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by PatesHatriots]

Oh, ok. I love you too.

Neo con? nah. paleo con more like it. Get it right if you want to smack me about pal. Bringing the country down? yeah. thats it.

You english progressives are the great saviours of civilization.

One day, England is going to be like Israel once the BNP or similiar takes over. You will pray for patriots to bail your progressive butts out.

have a great night and interesting to meet you.

BTW.
careful how you mention Texas friend. you better be smiling when you say the name.

link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
Readers have to look at the publics reactions way before it was known what happened.

I am not a "reader" I am a witness to this attack...as are others like me 11,000 others.

But we can ignore that can't we? I thought so...

link   
Meh.

I'm not surprised by this, nor am I the least bit upset about it. What do folks think happens to blockade runners? Shame they ain't resting on the bottom. Ignorance and foolishness usually has consequences, but it looks like Israel is, as usual, handling this with kid gloves, and suffering fools relatively gladly.

It really IS pretty amusing to watch the usual 'give peace a chance' crowd whip themselves into a frenzy and scream for blood. That spectacle alone is worth the price of the ticket here.

Honestly, what do you think USUALLY happens to blockade runners? What Israeli actions would you expect to happen after Israel issued a warning which was ignored, and an entire flotilla of ships demonstrated it was hell bent on delivering war supplies and fresh personnel to the enemy in the face of that blockade and polite warning?

Last thought - do you really think Israel is alone in this blockade? Have you not researched it? Why do I never hear any outrage directed at the other partner in the blockade?

Like I said, it's really pretty amusing to watch the reactions around stories like this.

link   
I don't think we have to worry about Israel lying to the world. What matters is that Turkey knows what happened, and Turkey is not going to take this. Once again, this was in international waters. It wouldn't matter if the activists were armed to the teeth, the law says Israel couldn't legally do what it did.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say sanctions wouldn't suffice here. Israel would get away with murder and keep going about with their atrocities unless actions of some force were taken in the coming days. Turkey needs to strike back, plain and simple. Not an all-out war, but enough to shut Israel up and put it in its place.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
OKAY:

Can all the trolls, reactionaries and racists back down for a minute?

And get back to the story at hand. I don't care about your politics, i just want facts.

Thankyou.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

99% of the posters sounded ready to tear Israel to shreds no matter what. These are the same people that paint the Hamas as innocent lambs.

Tell me, is it legal to board a ship in international waters on your planet?

link   

Well you see, just like the posters in here, certain factions of Palestine (not the majority of Palestinians!) call for the genocide and murder of Israelis consinstently. As does Syria. As does Iran. As does Hezbollah.

Have I mentioned that theyve been calling for the eradication of Jews long before they had the weapons to defend themselves?

Today they finally have the weapons and the balls to stand up for themselves and the haters are going haywire because of it.

what kind of nonsense non sequitur are you on about?

"Balls to stand up for themselves"? Against humanitarian activists?

"Haters"?? This isn't a Laker Game.

Are you delusional to think that anyone representing "Hezbollah", "Hamas", "Iran", or any MILITANT faction, was on these boats?

link   
Still NOTHING on the CNN website. WOW! Sleeping at the wheel, or worse ...

link   
Israeli army, like the US, have been shooting down unarmed civilians and blowing up old men and ladies duckin for cover behind old sheets of plywood for so long now that one wonders how they'll handle themselves against a fully mechanized military.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
I am not a "reader" I am a witness to this attack...as are others like me 11,000 others.

Funny how you are all "witnesses" to this attack and 100% certain that the news sources are 100% trustworthy.

Its kind of bizzare - this is coming from the same people who, in other threads, yell "dont trust the mass-media!!!!"

link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Originally posted by wylekat
It's times like this one cant help but wonder if Hitler knew about all of this years ago.....

I realize you are ticked off. I am too. .

But what you are discretely alluding to makes you look like a holocaust apologist. .

Not cool.

Hitler and his views came into play long before the state of Israel. .

[edit on 5/30/2010 by clay2 baraka]

no, not to long before. hitler turned 20 in 1909. you can bet your butt the zionists were planning their staterape then or even earlier. it culminated in the balfour agreement signed in 1917 whereby the jews would get their homeland in return for war finance. written in the agreement was the upholding of civil and religous rights for palestinians. yeh, sure, and pigs fly.

link   
Don't you love when it just comes from the horses mouth:

JIDF

Unfortunately, this is becoming another PR nightmare for Israel, who we believe should have threatened these Hamas sympathizers all along. Let this be a message to any "peace activists" who try to aid and abet the enemies of the Jewish people and Israel.

[edit on 5/31/10 by ElijahWan]

[edit on 5/31/10 by ElijahWan]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Israel warned them. They did not listen. They paid. Here's to Israel sinking all of them!

link   

You do not know why Israel attacked and what provoked it and yet there were several calls only barely short of genocide against the Israeli people.

The Israel-hatred is so severe I would reckon its either the Mossad doing some reverse-psychology in here (thats right, Mossad posing as anti-Israel) or, what is more likely, your usual "liberal point of view" that automatically ascribes the victim-role to Palestinians no matter what the facts are.

For those people who just added me as their "Foe": What gives? Is dissent so with the predominant "opinion" here so troubling for you?

My brain started to melt trying to read through this.

1) Israeli attacked the ship because they had woved to stop the flotilla and not let anyone get through their naval blockade. What's the surprise there? The oh-so bad INTERNATIONAL groups tried to provide the people on the gaza strip with evil HUMANITARIAN aid.

2) Israel has no right to attack a ship on INTERNATIONAL waters. Period.

And oh please, for the love of god stop yelling anti-semite every time someone condones the actions of Israel.

link   
Israel warned them. They did not listen. They paid. Here's to Israel sinking all of them!

link   
Couple Tweets:

patrickgaley‎: Head of Lebanese delegation on #flotilla, Dr. Hani Suleiman, has been injured in Israeli attack, @AJEnglish reports
Twitter - 1 minute ago

WeAreChangeBriz‎: RT @DarrylMason: Oh, this is going to get even uglier. Turkish TV claims 9 Turkish civilians shot by Israeli commandos. #flotilla
Twitter - 2 minutes ago

link   
It's TRUE that the word Flotilla has been blocked from the Trending Topics on twitter. It's been the most used word for the past hour and still hasn't gotten on the TT, when it should be #1 for its usage.

link   

ENOUGH!

This is a volatile but we aren't going to suspend the T&C because of that. Any further posts that attack the nature of other members will be deleted and the poster warned. This will occur starting on the next page as many of you are typing up your barbs now. Now stay to the topic.

Edit: I recuse myself from this thread as a member.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by intrepid]

link   
Bah! My brain hurts for now, I will be back tomorrow, I'm going to watch the Simpsons.

Keep your eyes on Turkey.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join