It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel stations nuclear missile subs off Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I guess if the flotilla of aid to Palestine gets blown out of the water now by a rogue Israeli sub, they'll give us some crossfire story and blame Iran.

IRM

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Disregarding the obvious trolls, i also find this development very worrying. Israeli subs will probably travel through Suez canal, so they will be spotted from the beginning. Then, as mentioned, Iran got their means to follow Israeli subs. Thus even insane option of preemptive strike with nuclear weapons is highly improbable. And chances of something going wrong unexpectedly rise a lot.
So it is done to raise tensions in the area that is already pretty stressed, and it is getting closer and closer to direct conflict.
I get a feeling that there is an attempt to restore Israeli military deterrence by showing that Israel can do it against Iran,Syria,Hizbollah and Hamas together - but even if there are no tragic miscalculations in this , 8000 dead Israeli civilians look pretty downplayed. And losses of civilians in Iran/Syria/Lebanon/Gaza ,even hopefully without unconventional weapons, will be high too, maybe high enough to make gained military deterrence irrelevant.
Still hope that all the war "prophets" here are wrong, but it is a little problematic due to my government apparently sharing their view.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Thus even insane option of preemptive strike with nuclear weapons is highly improbable.

Except Israel did fought one war pre-emptively in the past... on June 5, 1967, Israel launched a surprise attack on Egypt, destroying most of their air force.

But now, the only way to launch an effective pre-emptive attack on a country as far and as large as Iran by a country with the capabilities of Israel is to use nukes.

No way in hell those subs can wipe out all Iranian missile bases with conventional missiles. And Israel, being too far away and too much under threat from Lebanon and Syria, can't send half their air force to Iran to support the conventional missile strikes.

So it's possible. If they don't have US ``bombardment support``... they'll have to use nukes in a retaliatory, just like in a pre-emptive strike on Iran.

I'm not saying they will do it, but they've done it in the past and must use nuclear weapons to be effective... so it's possible, but unlikely IMO... or they have completely lost their marbles.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Iran Detects US Nuclear Sub in Persian Gulf

It seems it is not just Israel sending in nuclear subs.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

THAT would make tracking WAAY too easy!! "Plausible Deniability", baby!!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Any other country on the planet I would just say "show of force." Israel though....they basically think that if Iran gets nukes it's the end of Israel....so they really have no option but to attack in that case.

Interesting that somebody mentioned the video game Civilization. I always liken the Middle East to the game "Supreme Commander" - you essentially fight over the resources (the one who controls them wins) and rush to attack the enemy before they have chance to build their game-changing weapons. That may sound simplistic, or even flippant, but that's how the world ultimately works.

Also, I used to play the F-22 Raptor sim back in 1997 - and one of the main missions was to nuke Iran's WMD plants. Keep in mind the game was made by Novalogic - who also made training and simulation software for the US military. This whole scenario has been on the cards for some time.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Curio]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I wouldn't call this a war. It's silly to call it a war. Was the polish calvary against German Panzers a war? Nope. Guess who has horses, and who has nukes. (better than panzers, btw).

Yea this isn't war. This is responding to pebbles with a tomahawk missile. Which in all honesty, what's wrong with that?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by Misoir
I dare Israel to push the button, I freekin dare them!

It would be a pre-emptive strike which would already anger the world, but for a nuclear pre-emptive strike? The whole world would be going crazy and anyone associated with Israel after that will have a target on them.

I guarantee you all of Israel's 'allies' will scurry out the back door if Israel drops the bomb.

Israel is not that silly.

They'll ensure support by staging a false flag attack first.

I wonder which American ship Israel will take out this time . . .

They'll probably wait until a US ship and an Iranian vessel equipped with torpedoes are squaring off and going through the usual defending sovereign waters versus aggressive probing maneuvers, then one of the German provided Israeli subs will slip in between them sink the US ship and sneak off leaving the Iranians to take the blame.

Like what may have happened off the coast of Korea.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
www.google.com...
NATO general in Afghanistan: Taliban train in Iran

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

It wouldn't surprise me if something went down in June.

Matthew 24:6

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

that being said, Israel won't get attacked, but when Irael DOES get attacked, we had better worry about something greater and that's the return of Jesus.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I am becoming a subscriber to the Israel hating bandwagon ...

I mean, what good does these guys do?

They are the freaking center of all the bad $% happening around this world and they do whatever they can to avoid peace ... I just cant understand some people, thats why I am sure there are like 2 species or some new genetic trend around, since its not possible that people feel pleasure playing call of duty real life

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I wouldn't call this a war. It's silly to call it a war. Was the polish calvary against German Panzers a war? Nope. Guess who has horses, and who has nukes. (better than panzers, btw).

Yea this isn't war. This is responding to pebbles with a tomahawk missile. Which in all honesty, what's wrong with that?

Yeah, I can't recall my history that well, ........what sequentially happened to Germany and her Panzers after this? oh, right I vaguely remember the allies getting involved and the pebbles turned to boulders for germany , and quick. Don't forget, when a war is provoked, the rest of the world has agenda as well.
It won't be just Israel vs. Iran.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

so, who will start WWIII first?

Israel?
Iran?
North Korea?
South korea?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

I was reading through to see if this was brought up because this is a Nuclear showdown with a country that has no nuclear deterrent to defend against it.

It is US & Israel using nuclear "terror" against enemies that they are provoking... When was the last time Iran invaded another country?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by belial259
I wonder why they'd even go to the effort. It seems more a symbolic gesture to me.
Logically the subs shouldn't need to be parked off the coast. They could just sit in their sub pen and nuke Iran I'd imagine.

the whole reason why is air time

from the pens: it's a 20 min distance
off the Iran coast: It's a 3 min distance

the advantage would be no warning time

They probably don't have a cruise missile with the range to hit Tehran from Haifi, where the subs are based. They re most likely armed with Harpoons with a ange of 130 km. They might have an indiginous version of Rafael Armament Development Authority's Popeye turbo cruise missile. Israel's request for U.S. Tomahawk cruise missiles was rejected by the Clinton administration in 2000, since such a sale would have violated the Missile Technology Control Regime, which prohibits the transfer of missiles with a range exceeding 300 kilometers. (See, www.nti.org...). Haifa to Tehran is 1600 km. And I think you are overestimating the speed. A Harpoon cruises at 855 km/hr making it a 2 hour trip from Haifa.www.fas.org...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
I am becoming a subscriber to the Israel hating bandwagon ...

I mean, what good does these guys do?

They are the freaking center of all the bad $% happening around this world and they do whatever they can to avoid peace ... I just cant understand some people, thats why I am sure there are like 2 species or some new genetic trend around, since its not possible that people feel pleasure playing call of duty real life

It's not Israel's people/countrmen.......it's their rogue government, just like most other countries.
Why do we continue to hate fellow men and women from other countries when they are just working trying to feed their familes, the same as you and I,........when it is the governments of these countries and their greed and gluttony (at the expense of their own people, usually) are doing all of the evils, despite how their population feels about it. YET, THE "PEOPLE" OF THE COUNTRIES (in question) ALWAYS GET THE HATE FROM THE PEOPLE OF ALL OTHER COUNTRIES, WHO ARE HAVING THE SAME THINGS DONE TO THEM!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Nope-this was announced last week.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
N uc lear sub means NUCLEAR POWERED!!! Not neccessarily thazt the only amrmament it has are nuc lear weapons. Please dont jump the gun so to speak.

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

I was reading through to see if this was brought up because this is a Nuclear showdown with a country that has no nuclear deterrent to defend against it.

It is US & Israel using nuclear "terror" against enemies that they are provoking... When was the last time Iran invaded another country?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

An US nuclear sub in that region is not out of the ordinary, but it seems there's a naval build up happening in the Gulf.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Israle has launched satellites and Israel has nukes. Israel has ICBMs. It would not be hard for them to strike Iran without the use of subs. Israel could strike the US for that matter with ICBMs.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by princeofpeace]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join