It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel stations nuclear missile subs off Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
But Israel doesn't have any nuclear weapons...

If they did, surely they would be investigated by the IEA and have signed the NPT agreement that the other 189 countries have signed right?

Ohh, wait I forgot this is Israel, the land of contradictions.

This doesn't surprise me one bit. They've been foaming at the mouth to start war with Iran, I'm sure the Flotilla will be stationed just off the coast.

As well I expect some sort of event, a sinking of a ship or violence directed towards the aid flotilla on it's way to Gaza to trigger some sort of violence between Hamas and Israel.

They can then say that Iran is providing weapons and money and then have justification for war.

Not that they care whether or not they have justification, I guess being Israeli is reason enough...

~Keeper

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
why don't those countries leave israel alone, and what the hell is turkey and egypt thinking. this really says alot about the leaders of islamic nations.

how would we like it if canada and mexico constantly were talking about wiping america off the map and killing every last american.

7th century thinking with 21st century weapons...no wonder israel is skittish as a flea on a dog.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
I am becoming a subscriber to the Israel hating bandwagon ...

I just cant understand some people...

Most people don't understand Israel. I'm quite sympathetic towards them, even though I don't agree with some things they do. You just have to look at their history in the past 50-60 years to see where they're coming from and why they do what they do. Would you do any differently? It's easy to say "no I wouldn't!"

I'll probably get flamed for that and some people will suggest I'm posting from Israel or something

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Israel stations nuclear missile subs off Iran

Three German-built Israeli submarines equipped with nuclear cruise missiles are to be deployed in the Gulf near the Iranian coastline.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

That does not mean nuclear powered.
the words "nuclear missiles" are what gives it away.

Israel are freaking mental...they deny they have nukes,even after these latest South African documents with top Israeli signatures on them....Never mind the fact the UK USA and France all know the truth because our governments helped them get the nukes in the first place.

Then they won't sign the NPT...Good lord the list goes on.

Now they appear to want to park nuke equipped missiles of the coast of Iran...

Freaking mental IMO.

Total hypocrites.

[edit on 30/5/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Absolutely, the United States has to return Iraqi air space control to the Iraqi government in August. Israel could attack with impunity with an Iraqi flight corridor controlled by our military. Otherwise they would have to make detours into enemy airspace. A simultaneous air bombardment combined with sea based missile launches seems to be a likely scenario.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I am sure he meant the US nuclear sub, which does mean nuclear powered,but being that far from home I guarantee they have nuclear weapons on board. thats what there for a deterrent

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Not only no warning time, but more time to send up defenses for the expected retaliation.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Wow... Ummm... All that remains to be seen is what will happen to dissuade Russia and China in this scenario if what looks like its about to happen actually does happen.

The Korean flare up is a nice distraction for China or even perhaps both of them. If something happens to get that ball rolling for real, look out because this is going down.

Isn't tomorrow Memorial day?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
On second thought, I could see China sitting this one out for a while. Look at who has the edge before they throw their hat into the ring. Just like we did during WW2 (America).

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

the advantage would be no warning time

No warning and no detection.

These sub launched cruise missiles can be launched very stealthy, and fly to targets very close to the ground avoiding detection.

It would be over before they even had a clue.

What an ugly world we have made for all children and for their future.

Shame on all of us.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Subs can be easily observed and targeted in their home pens by Iran doing a first strike. If deployed they are stealth and closer to Iran and would provide less of an advanced warning to Iranian early warning systems.

Just letting everyone know that they are being deployed is a deterrent.

Best deterrent is putting a naval battle group off the enemy coast.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Yes it will, actually be just Iran vs Israel. Because the US sure as hell won't get involved, Europe couldn't give a damn, and Russia just wants oil. No one will help.

Also, no one cared about Germany after Poland. It wasn't until France that they were attacked by the allies.

Also, allies had crap technology. It wasn't until massive, and I mean massive, amounts of production that Germany was defeated.

Now let me think. What Arabic nation has the ability to produce a large sum of weaponry and military force?

Oh right, none. That;s why all their weapons are bought Russian and American weapons.

See how funny you look once applied to common sense?

This is not a war. This is side A eliminating a part of Side B. The US does this all the time everywhere for the last 50 years and I sure as hell don't see much of a resistance to the US yet. Even as we collapse we remain the strongest.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
why don't those countries leave israel alone, and what the hell is turkey and egypt thinking. this really says alot about the leaders of islamic nations.

how would we like it if canada and mexico constantly were talking about wiping america off the map and killing every last american.

7th century thinking with 21st century weapons...no wonder israel is skittish as a flea on a dog.

Yeah I know where you are coming from. Turkey is showing its true colours and Israel must be perplexed.

Israel supported the Turks for many years and supplies their military. I never understood this act when Israels ancient compatriots the Kurds have been under murderous occupation by the turks for a thousand years. If the Turks don't play ball then Israel should arm the occupied Turkish Kurds who make up tens of millions and find a true ally against Syria, Turkey and the Arabs and Persians who all treat the Kurds like kak.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Why these frakers are allowed to have nuclear missiles?

If the rule applies to one it should apply to everyone. No one should be allowed to have nuclear weapons at this point in time period. Specially countries that still believe in non-senses like sacred soil, promised lands and have strong (or extremist) beliefs systems just like Hitler had.

Anyways...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

Everyone is already against Israel so why not strike? Iran already is saying that as soon as they get nuclear weapons that they are taking out Israel. In Israel's mind, they would have nothing else to lose. They are surrounded by people who want them gone, so get rid of them first (Gaza, Lebanon, Syria) and keep their land as a buffer zone, just as Russia originally did with it's satellite countries.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chuckk
reply to post by belial259

Just letting everyone know that they are being deployed is a deterrent.

That would be true if the deterrence was mutual. But it is not mutual. Iran is now threatened and will need to take some form action to protect itself. Wouldn't you feel threatened if the neighborhood bullies parked a car full of weapon wielding gangbangers at your curbside?

Mutual deterrence would mean Iran placing an equally powerful array of nuclear missiles a similar distance off the coast of Israel in the Mediteranean Sea or on land in neighboring countries. Do those of you who condone this Israeli provocation support this form of mutual deterrence? If it existed, we could all feel safe again, relax, and sleep soundly at night.
This action by Israel is a major provocation against a historically peaceful nation.

[edit on 5/30/2010 by dubiousone]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This only the beginning people
This has been building up for years
I would guess by September 2010 you will see not only Israel at war but this fine country of ours in another war.
for us it will be about oil and the fact that our interests in the middle east have to be protected.
I can't see us not involved to some degree.
That's when all hell breaks loose...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
LOL. I'd love it if israhell jumped the gun, expecting the US to rush to finish its war, as usual --- and for Obama to send israhell an email saying, 'Sorry. Busy with the oil spill and Arizona. You're on your own this time. Don't call us -- we'll call you --- in say, 60 years or so. Ciao '

^ This. I almost encourage Israel to do something to provoke an all out assault on their nation. Maybe with all luck, someone will have enough of Israel and completely annihilate it and the Holy Land with it. Then we can put an end to all this foolishness and move on with our species.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chuckk
reply to post by broahes

Everyone is already against Israel so why not strike?.

And whose fault is that? The Israelis have been bringing it upon themselves for the past 60+ years.

Iran already is saying that as soon as they get nuclear weapons that they are taking out Israel. * * *.

And where did you get that bit of disinfo? Do you make this stufff up on the fly just to to make your posts interesting???

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Wow... sounds like a bunch of jihadists have signed up so they could post here... Conversely, I'm puzzled by the nuke-em crowd... does the term radioactive fallout ring any bells?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join