It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel stations nuclear missile subs off Iran

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Turkey is not going to get involved in this (certainly not heavily). It's a mute point.

Whether Israel starts a war against Iran with or without US support, it will be ended with US support.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSawyer

Originally posted by Curio

Originally posted by Faiol
I am becoming a subscriber to the Israel hating bandwagon ...

I just cant understand some people...

Most people don't understand Israel. I'm quite sympathetic towards them, even though I don't agree with some things they do. You just have to look at their history in the past 50-60 years to see where they're coming from and why they do what they do. Would you do any differently? It's easy to say "no I wouldn't!"

I'll probably get flamed for that and some people will suggest I'm posting from Israel or something

No, you'll get flamed for ignorantly suggesting that people have the right to murder children, steal organs, and commit genocide to get what they want. You'll get flamed for supporting a terrorist state that has its nuclear weapons aimed at Europe. You'll get flamed for suggesting that Khazars have some type of right to live in Palestine.

Ahh yes, the evil baby murdering, organ eating, Jews!!!
Because it's all one-sided and Jewish people are just plain evil, right? And you have the nerve to suggest I'm ignorant.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by area6
Turkey is not going to get involved in this (certainly not heavily). It's a mute point.

Whether Israel starts a war against Iran with or without US support, it will be ended with US support.

I don't think Obama would support Israel if they pre-emptively struck Iran or any other country.

The US can't afford it and the American People will support another war.

Where is he going to get the soldiers from?

He would have to further compromise the mission in Afghanistan by diverting resources and troops to war that would be VERY long.

Iran isn't some flat country that's easy to invade or take over.

It's surrounded by moutains. From a warfare logistics standpoint it's a nightware.

~Keeper

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Bah!

Dirty garden gnomes and their double posts...

~Keeper

[edit on 5/30/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This

Is not

Western and European or Isralie media.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Skellon

Yeah, ok dude.. It's obvious your an Israeli fanboy, so I'm not going to spend the next several hours doing the proverbial dance of death over who would beat whom. I'm not comparing wiki's or whatever it is you said.

I was just saying your statement about Israel "slaughtering" the Turks is just plain wrong and is actually insulting to the Turkish military who are a decent fighting force.

Just because Israel beat half-arse Arab forces 60 years ago, that doesn't mean that they can beat anyone today and the Turks aren't Arab's.

It is interesting to note that the only Arab formation to fight the Israeli's to a standstill in those early wars was the Arab Legion, which was trained and led by British officers, so it goes to show that the armies they defeated at the time were poorly led, but with the right training they can be as good as any IDF soldier.

Turkey is anything but poorly led and I highly doubt the US would stick it's nose in with Turkey (a NATO member) without some serious backlash throughout the whole alliance, because like it or not, Israel is none to popular amongst the EU right now anyway, mainly due to their disgusting behaviour against the Palestinians..

Edit : Removed post due to misunderstanding the quoted posters words.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Skellon]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Totally agree with you, a man that speaks sense.

They can all spout tough rhetoric, like North Korea, but when push comes to shove you will see which nations follow through, the ones that stay out of it are the most wise though.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Most "Jewish people" are as Jewish as a random frog from the pond as far as their right to Palestine goes. Their state was funded by hexagram-carrying oligarchs with the surname Rothschild. If you can't understand, considering they don't belong there in the first place, that the Palestinians don't deserve to be subject to genocide, then what else is that than ignorance? If we justified what they are doing and applied the same justification and standards in 1933, Hitler would have been a hero praised in schools today.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I don't think Obama would support Israel if they pre-emptively struck Iran or any other country.

He would have to further compromise the mission in Afghanistan by diverting resources and troops to war that would be VERY long.

It's surrounded by moutains. From a warfare logistics standpoint it's a nightware.

~Keeper

The people will support another war if there's another 9/11 type event.

And I don't think anybody is suggesting an invasion of Iran is on the cards - that would be pretty much impossible....even with a draft. The US/Israel isn't interested in occupying Iran - just knocking them back a decade or two. They have more than enough cruise missiles and planes to do that - no need for feet on the ground inside Iran.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yea as it can be seen this is not going to be a war. This is going to be Iran getting bombed somewhere, Iran trying to respond, Iran maybe attacking the US in Iraq, but in the end, the US yawning, Israel not getting hit back, and Iran simply losing.

It's like an international old western. Heist, fight, hit, run, fin.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I agree that if another 9/11 type event were to occur and it be blamed on Iran, then yes, the war drums would certainly be started in the US.

If they just want to knock them back a decade or two, how will they justify this bombing the country and then leaving?

It's not like all the other nations of the world would allow such a thing.

China and Russia have very large interests in regards to Iran, they would not take such a thing likely.

I hope were all wrong and NOTHING happens.

~Keeper

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

~Keeper

I agree ... Iran is not a pushover. Boots on the ground would be extremely bloody. I don't know if that's doable without igniting WW3.

But this is about regional control and oil rescources more than anything. And the prize is not just securing oil for the victors, it's the ability to deny oil to others (like China).

This may just blow over. If it doesn't, it's a possible endgame play in a time of peak oil.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Also, no one cared about Germany after Poland. It wasn't until France that they were attacked by the allies.

Britain and France declared war on Germany.

Also, allies had crap technology. It wasn't until massive, and I mean massive, amounts of production that Germany was defeated.

Well there you go - that's why we didn't go on the offensive straight away.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

"Israel not getting hit back"

Perhaps you should stop dreaming. Perhaps you should stop believing the Khazars are protected by God, then you would be in an able position to give realistic assessments. If you don't think they would be "hit back" then you don't know what you're talking about. You are overestimating the broke US and highly underestimating their victims. Seeing as you probably believe the Khazars are Hebrews, I also expected you to inflate their military capabilities. with this type of "intelligence" no wonder America will be turned into dust inside out.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by TSawyer]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Yea, but all those middle eastern nations do not have major industrial centers, training, etc et. And I don't see Israel as invading Iran. LOL, that's a joke. There are attacks and there are invasions.

One can compare the invasion of Poland by Germany as the same as an attack on Iran by Israel because the scale and magnitude is similar.

When comparing the past, you cannot c&p. To each event, it's own situation. This situation is similar to then in that Germany pretty much felt few if any consequences from invading Poland. Similarly, in that context, there will be no consequences of major magnitude for Israel bombing Iran.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSawyer

"Israel not getting hit back"

Perhaps you should stop dreaming. Perhaps you should stop believing the Khazars are protected by God, then you would be in an able position to give realistic assessments. If you don't think they would be "hit back" then you don't know what you're talking about. You are overestimating the broke US and highly underestimating their victims. Seeing as you probably believe the Khazars are Hebrews, I also expected you to inflate their military capabilities. with this type of "intelligence" no wonder America will be turned into dust inside out.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by TSawyer]

The US being broke as you say has nothing to do with their capability of conducting a war.

War generates money for the US....

It only comes down to man power and that is mostly if you intend occupying a country.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TSawyer

History did the inflating, not me. 'fraid you're wrong.

img94.imageshack.us...

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Israel has a reasonably sized Army that is well equipped and is mostly reservists, so they have high motivation but aren't necessarily the bee's knees when it comes to quality.

Being a former British and IDF soldier I can assure you that the infantry combat capability is more than on par with with the British Army.. They are not all conscripts either.. Many are volunteers and career soldiers like myself who have fought in many campaigns for foriegn armies... The conscripts themselves are highly motivated and very gung ho and up for it.. Some even become special forces.. The quality is very high.... The problem however is the same one that we had patroling the streets of Northern Ireland.. WE were not allowed to let loose, and had very strict rules of engagement because the worlds eyes are on us, and the politics of the whole thing... Without the leash however there would be no contest I assure you... Same as if whitehall had let the leash of us in Northern Ireland... We knew all the players and could have stopped it all in a day....

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Well the thing about that is that a war with Iran would not be long enough to make a profit off of. I hardly cal the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan profitable for the US. War with Germany was because it was a long engagement needing national attention.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I have been critical of Iran's nuclear issues... However, if this report is true then all bets are off.

If a nuclear armed nation parks a nuclear armed sub very near your nation that is a provocative act that clearly shows that side is convinced that there is going to be no other solution but war.

Damn them, damn them ALL to hell.

They are threatening the lives of millions and the global economy with this single act.

Reckless and dangerous, very.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join