It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel stations nuclear missile subs off Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Israel stations nuclear missile subs off Iran

www.timesonline.co.uk

Three German-built Israeli submarines equipped with nuclear cruise missiles are to be deployed in the Gulf near the Iranian coastline.

The first has been sent in response to Israeli fears that ballistic missiles developed by Iran, Syria and Hezbollah, a political and military organisation in Lebanon, could hit sites in Israel, including air bases and missile launchers.
The submarines of Flotilla 7 — Dolphin, Tekuma and Leviathan — have visited the Gulf before. But the decision has now been taken to ensure a permanent presence of at least one of the vessels.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Each of the submarines has a crew of 35 to 50, commanded by a colonel capable of launching a nuclear cruise missile.

The vessels can remain at sea for about 50 days and stay submerged up to 1,150ft below the surface for at least a week. Some of the cruise missiles are equipped with the most advanced nuclear warheads in the Israeli arsenal.

Many analysts said that the next time Israel would fight a war, they would probably have to use nukes.
See

That would be the first time that Israel had to fight an all-out war, in which its long-held military superiority would be of little value because the conflict would be fought at long range, not with tanks and infantry.

Its air force and Jericho ballistic missiles would go into action and would undoubtedly do much damage. But Israeli civilian casualties would likely be extremely heavy.

Israel would have its nuclear option. But dropping nuclear bombs or unleashing nuclear-tipped Jerichos would leave Israel open to a maelstrom of global condemnation and international isolation.

It seems that they will use this option.

And every time the Israeli government talked about war, they said that if anyone attacked them, they would wage war against all of them, Syria-Lebanon-Iran-Hamas.

The only way Israel can defeat Iran in a military conflict without US help is to use nukes because of the distance.

The deployment is designed to act as a deterrent, gather intelligence and potentially to land Mossad agents.

Connected to this : Petraeus orders US spies to prepare for anti-nuclear strike on Iran

Turkey Deploys Air Defense System To ‘Defend’ Syria, Iran Against Israel Raids
If Turkey sides with them, which they seem to be more and more, then Israel will be even more forced to use nukes, Turkey's army is very powerful, they have NATO equipment and could defeat Israel.

Egypt, which have NATO equipment too, might come in too.
Egyptian war games in Sinai target Israel

Anyway IMO this is a serious development.

Also :
Jordan's King Says Israel-Hezbollah-Lebanon War May Be "Imminent"

Ayalon also said that Israel would not only target Hezbollah in the event of a war, adding that the Lebanese government and its prime minister will be targeted as well.

Israel FM warns Assad: In next war you will lose power

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It wouldn't surprise me if something went down in June.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I wonder why they'd even go to the effort. It seems more a symbolic gesture to me.

Logically the subs shouldn't need to be parked off the coast. They could just sit in their sub pen and nuke Iran I'd imagine.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
who's more civilized the soviet union or israhell during the cold war the us or the soviet union don't attack lest they get provoked israhell however attacks whenever it feels like it

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Israhell being provocative again ?

Israhell advertising its itchy trigger finger again ?

LOL. I'd love it if israhell jumped the gun, expecting the US to rush to finish its war, as usual --- and for Obama to send israhell an email saying, 'Sorry. Busy with the oil spill and Arizona. You're on your own this time. Don't call us -- we'll call you --- in say, 60 years or so. Ciao '

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hmm..

Whilst not doubting the power of nuclear armed cruise missiles, I wonder if it is so wise to put them into small, diesel-electric submarines.

They would have only a limited loiter and submergence time (as attested in the article) and unless running on batteries would be easy for the Iranians to hunt down, assuming they have half-decent ASW capability.

(Newer boats of this class apparently have AIP with fuel cell tech, but it is unclear whether these have been delivered yet and the ones mentioned are of the older type)

These types of sub's are not designed for this role, they are usually used for coastal protection in the Med, not such a long-range deployment.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
If you see all the top israel officials suddeny go abroad for meetings or whatever, then watch out!!!

They know Israel will get hit hard this time and they will make sure they are as far away as popssible....

BTW, is that the first time Israel has admitted having nukes or is the article just assuming because the subs are capable of carrying them??

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
I wonder why they'd even go to the effort. It seems more a symbolic gesture to me.
Logically the subs shouldn't need to be parked off the coast. They could just sit in their sub pen and nuke Iran I'd imagine.

the whole reason why is air time

from the pens: it's a 20 min distance
off the Iran coast: It's a 3 min distance

the advantage would be no warning time

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Israel doesn't admit anything.

But everybody knows they have nukes. And missile capable nukes and that the only reason to park subs there is to have them packed with enough punch to justify the expenses.

The only way we can avoid Israel nuking Iran IMO is the US to attack Iran and probably invade it. And that would take a draft. Nothing else will calm the warmongers in Israel and in the US.

By the way, the IDF estimates that more than 8.000 Israeli civilians will die if they go to war with Hezbollah... and that is not counting if Syria and Iran come in.

For example, Israel lost 6373 during the 1948 war. 2800 during the 1973 war. 993 during the 1967 war and 121 during the 2006 war... so it would be the deadliest war in Israel's history... so you can bet your bottom dollar that they will use nukes if war breaks out.... of course to ``avoid all those deaths``...

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

+13 more 
posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well, Israel has nukes and won't sign the NNPT or allow IAEA inspectors in to their facilities. Looks like it's time for some sanctions.

What's good for the goose after all...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The only way we can avoid Israel nuking Iran IMO is the US to attack Iran and probably invade it. And that would take a draft. Nothing else will calm the warmongers in Israel and in the US.

I agree with that statement but as harsh as I may sound, I hope the US lets Isreal be seen as what they really are and lets them go it alone, nukes or no nukes..

The world needs a big wakeup call about Israel's hypocritical views.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I dare Israel to push the button, I freekin dare them!

It would be a pre-emptive strike which would already anger the world, but for a nuclear pre-emptive strike? The whole world would be going crazy and anyone associated with Israel after that will have a target on them.

I guarantee you all of Israel's 'allies' will scurry out the back door if Israel drops the bomb.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Does anyone think Turkey will defend Syria, or are they bluffing by placing anti-aircraft missiles near the border.

Imagine Obama's reaction if he hears about Turks shooting IDF F-15 jets enroute to Syria or Iran. "Uuuurrrrrrrrr, *@#*!"

[edit on 30-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
An earlier thread or two suggested that the U.S. will shortly have between 3 and 5 carrier groups in the Gulf.

If so, it all starts to add up to a big blow - and very soon.

Israel, America, Iran, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan (assuming U.S. elements stationed there would have to get involved to stomp on Iran from all sides).

How will Russia and China react if this all goes sideways? Of course China may be a little preoccupied with the little episode about to happen on its own doorstep on the Korean Peninsula...

Sounding like rapidly approaching Armageddon to anybody? It seems that all of the right players are involved.

My money is still on Israel blasting out a few mountain-based Iranian uranium processing centers...while the U.S. Fleet serves as the deterrent against direct Iranian retaliation...while Israel has to take on the Iranian proxies (Hezbollah, Hamas, Syria, etc.).

Messy no matter which way it goes down...but it seems nearly certain that something is going to happen this summer.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by mobiusmale]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Pretty much what my point was.
Leave Israel to their own destiny and see what their real intent is....

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Never fear, princeofpeace will be here soon to inform us all that "his sources" have informed him there will be no war, that nothing will happen.

any minute now...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Well, Israel has nukes and won't sign the NNPT or allow IAEA inspectors in to their facilities. Looks like it's time for some sanctions.

What's good for the goose after all...

Whilst I agree with your point of view, the fact they haven't signed the NPT means you can't do anything to them, at least not via the usual route of the UNSC and being members of the WTo means other WTO countries can't slap them with unilateral sanctions.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The thing is israel wants internation condemnation, it's part of their prophecy, it's what they think is gods plan, and they'll do anything to go through with it.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Israel cannot exist without war, or the threat of war. The entire country is, relatively speaking, entirely existent on the military industrial complex. Look at the military system, the righteousness, the steel handed approach, the control of the boarders and former inhabitants (look familiar to anyone?
) What is their biggest trade? Not to mention the intensity of the training of said military, many of their jet pilots could outfly our guys. Israel is war, they cannot exist without it, and it will happen again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join