It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel stations nuclear missile subs off Iran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by chuckk
Iran already is saying that as soon as they get nuclear weapons that they are taking out Israel.

Could you direct me to that quote please .

=============================================

posted by chuckk:
Everyone is already against Israel so why strike?

The reverberation of that act would persist long after the strike . How you are regarded internationally is important for any modern nation, particularly their ability to sell their wares etc.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Originally posted by Faiol
I am becoming a subscriber to the Israel hating bandwagon ...

I just cant understand some people...

Most people don't understand Israel. I'm quite sympathetic towards them, even though I don't agree with some things they do. You just have to look at their history in the past 50-60 years to see where they're coming from and why they do what they do. Would you do any differently? It's easy to say "no I wouldn't!"

I'll probably get flamed for that and some people will suggest I'm posting from Israel or something

No, you'll get flamed for ignorantly suggesting that people have the right to murder children, steal organs, and commit genocide to get what they want. You'll get flamed for supporting a terrorist state that has its nuclear weapons aimed at Europe. You'll get flamed for suggesting that Khazars have some type of right to live in Palestine.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
[edit on 30-5-2010 by inregardstoo]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Turkey cannot defeat Isreal, it would get slaughtered.

The US WILL aid Isreal whatever happens, checkout the closing speech of Hilary Clinton in March's AIPAC policy conference in Washington.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

i saw it in the news 2 days ago. i have a bad feeling about this. israel are not going to watch as iran develops nuclear tecnology

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Israel doesn't have any Nuclear powered boats, their all German built conventional subs. If you had read the article, you would know this....

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
I wonder why they'd even go to the effort. It seems more a symbolic gesture to me.

Logically the subs shouldn't need to be parked off the coast. They could just sit in their sub pen and nuke Iran I'd imagine.

If part of a coordinated strike then every second counts, seizing the initiative is crucial.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

I am not so sure. Turkey has a massive (2nd Largest in NATO), well equipped (NATO kit) and reasonably (NATO standard) trained army.

Israel has a reasonably sized Army that is well equipped and is mostly reservists, so they have high motivation but aren't necessarily the bee's knees when it comes to quality.

I'd put my money on Turkey in such a scenario to be honest. They have the 3rd largest Air force in NATO, behind only the RAF and USAF. It is also larger than the Israeli Air Force and has more combat aircraft, mostly F-16's and F-4's, compared to Israel's F-16's and F-15's.

Iran is one thing, but Israel certainly doesn't want to fudge with Turkey. Whoever thinks they'd be a pushover is deluding themselves.

[edit on 30/5/10 by stumason]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
who's more civilized the soviet union or israhell during the cold war the us or the soviet union don't attack lest they get provoked israhell however attacks whenever it feels like it

If you were born into a country surrounded by your enemies and they kept poking you every year to provoke a reaction I am sure you would see things differently.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

who's more civilized the soviet union or israhell during the cold war the us or the soviet union don't attack lest they get provoked israhell however attacks whenever it feels like it

You crack me up with your hypocrisy. Somehow you think you stand on a righteous pedestal with you anti semtic comment. You probably justify hamas or the islamic nations for there voice of hatred against the nation of Israel. I for one will glady say you are wrong.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

Whoever it is on this thread who keeps repeating the lie that Iran has threatened to wipe Israel off the map, you should be banned from posting until you take the trouble to check your facts. That has been proven to be a blatant lie and yet you idiots and propagandists keep posting it as the truth.

Thank you for saying this! The lie that Iran has said this IS REPEATED over and over and it IS A LIE! What was actually said was, oh wait, no.....Look it up for yourself.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike6158
Wow... sounds like a bunch of jihadists have signed up so they could post here... Conversely, I'm puzzled by the nuke-em crowd... does the term radioactive fallout ring any bells?

So anyone who dares to be critical of Israel's militaristic provocations is a Jihadist?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Check out Israels latest "Arrow" upgrade,Arrow3:
(Anti ICBM system)

www.liveleak.com...

See the country of Iran being used in the vid as the "enemy."
The video reminded me of something out of the film "total recall" complete with vector/80s era graphics...Wow they sure spent alot on that video!

So,if they have such a fantastic Anti ICBM sytem,why provoke Iran by parking nukes in their waters,or nearby?

Especially when its commonly known in Intel circles that the Iranians don't yet have a nuke,much less one which could be fired at Israel via ICBM!!

Someone mentioned earlier that Israel actually want to be hated by the world,in order for their silly prophecies to come true...Well good grief they are certainly doing well at that,by basically threatening the whole world with the launching of nuclear missiles at Iran IMO.

This is not good at all-I just want a nice war free summer please.
I do not wish to see this escalate any further.

Never mind the North Korea situation..oh wasn't that a German made torpedo BTW?
Hmm who has those then?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Skellon

I am not so sure. Turkey has a massive (2nd Largest in NATO), well equipped (NATO kit) and reasonably (NATO standard) trained army.

Israel has a reasonably sized Army that is well equipped and is mostly reservists, so they have high motivation but aren't necessarily the bee's knees when it comes to quality.

I'd put my money on Turkey in such a scenario to be honest. They have the 3rd largest Air force in NATO, behind only the RAF and USAF. It is also larger than the Israeli Air Force and has more combat aircraft, mostly F-16's and F-4's, compared to Israel's F-16's and F-15's.

Iran is one thing, but Israel certainly doesn't want to fudge with Turkey. Whoever thinks they'd be a pushover is deluding themselves.

[edit on 30/5/10 by stumason]

Mate my point is that Isreal will receive backing from the US by default.

As you can appreciate the 'top trumps lets compare wiki's' method is not an accurate means to predict a conculsion to war. Isreal has amongst the most highly trained and experienced forces in the world.

They co-developed a high energy missile shield with the US.

Regarding the aircraft, to pit types against types;

When you put F-16's against F-16's the deciding factor is pilot skill and training. This goes to Isreal.

The F-4 is barely current and against F-15's there is no contest.

Wiki 'The Six Day War' to see how effective Isreal is at dealing with multiple aggressors.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Skellon]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon

If you were born into a country surrounded by your enemies and they kept poking you every year to provoke a reaction I am sure you would see things differently.

Interesting perspective you have. Who is prodding whom? I think you have it ass-backwards.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

Originally posted by Skellon

Interesting perspective you have. Who is prodding whom? I think you have it ass-backwards.

"If YOU were born..."

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

Wrong.

Iranian President at Tehran Conference: 'Very Soon, This Stain of Disgrace [i.e. Israel] Will Be Purged From the Center of the Islamic World – and This is Attainable'

www.memri.org...

Stop lying.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Yeah, ok dude.. It's obvious your an Israeli fanboy, so I'm not going to spend the next several hours doing the proverbial dance of death over who would beat whom. I'm not comparing wiki's or whatever it is you said.

I was just saying your statement about Israel "slaughtering" the Turks is just plain wrong and is actually insulting to the Turkish military who are a decent fighting force.

Just because Israel beat half-arse Arab forces 60 years ago, that doesn't mean that they can beat anyone today and the Turks aren't Arab's.

It is interesting to note that the only Arab formation to fight the Israeli's to a standstill in those early wars was the Arab Legion, which was trained and led by British officers, so it goes to show that the armies they defeated at the time were poorly led, but with the right training they can be as good as any IDF soldier.

Turkey is anything but poorly led and I highly doubt the US would stick it's nose in with Turkey (a NATO member) without some serious backlash throughout the whole alliance, because like it or not, Israel is none to popular amongst the EU right now anyway, mainly due to their disgusting behaviour against the Palestinians..

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

You know what,

NVM.

Seems it doesn't matter how many times those quotes are shown to be mistranslated on purpose by Western and European or Isralie media.

People just don't want to see the truth.

~Keeper

[edit on 5/30/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Skellon

Yeah, ok dude.. It's obvious your an Israeli fanboy, so I'm not going to spend the next several hours doing the proverbial dance of death over who would beat whom. I'm not comparing wiki's or whatever it is you said.

I was just saying your statement about Israel "slaughtering" the Turks is just plain wrong and is actually insulting to the Turkish military who are a decent fighting force.

Just because Israel beat half-arse Arab forces 60 years ago, that doesn't mean that they can beat anyone today and the Turks aren't Arab's.

It is interesting to note that the only Arab formation to fight the Israeli's to a standstill in those early wars was the Arab Legion, which was trained and led by British officers, so it goes to show that the armies they defeated at the time were poorly led, but with the right training they can be as good as any IDF soldier.

Turkey is anything but poorly led and I highly doubt the US would stick it's nose in with Turkey (a NATO member) without some serious backlash throughout the whole alliance, because like it or not, Israel is none to popular amongst the EU right now anyway, mainly due to their disgusting behaviour against the Palestinians..

Thank you stumason for brining common sense and logic to this thread full of Khazar-loving people who keep repeating lies about Iranians. Most of these are probably American Christians who believe they will be awarded for supporting the Khazars in their quest to wipe out the Semites. They drink so much fluoride and subjugate themselves to so much brainwashing that they honestly believe Khazars, not the Hebrews (Palestinians) have a right to Palestine. It's ming-boggling backward logic.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by TSawyer]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join