It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2.9 Million Gallons Per Day + Toxic Rain Say Tehran Based Press TV

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Did you read all of my thread? I am basically asking the question
was Iran involved in the sabotage efforts that caused this disaster, in order to divert U S attention, away from the invasion/bombing of Iran, something that was building in momentum at the time of this explosion.

I gave the history of Iran with BP, and their possible reasons/motives for wanting to "help."

In my opinion, having Iran's help is like asking an arsonist to help you put out a fire.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I think firefighting planes carry roughly 7,200 gallons during flights. I guess we just need to figure out how many planes they are using and how many runs to determine how many gallons they are spraying.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Yes, I did. What evidence do you have connecting Iran to BP and the Deepwater Horizon other than that BP was formed to exploit the oil in Iran?

I think most people already knew that already because I am pretty sure everyone Googled "BP" after the incident. It takes like three seconds and four clicks.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Well you obviously did not read the entire thread, only the first comment/introduction which I posted, so I will help you out with a comment posted later in that thread:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was just surprised at the relationship between the two countries, and as stated here:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As a British company, BP's expanding operation in Iran reflects symbolically the quiet growth of British-Iranian relations after about two decades of difficulties. Particularly, it indicates the British government's efforts to expand its ties with Iran to catch up with other EU countries with large and expanding political and economic relations with that country, namely France, Germany, Italy and increasingly so Spain. "

"Given its close cooperation with Iran's arch enemy, the United States, seeking to weaken Iran economically and politically, such efforts demonstrates the British government's recognition of Iran's importance as a rising regional power." - Asia Times
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find the analysis interesting, but personally don't happen to share the view of Iran as a rising regional power; and since BP maintains such an active interest in Iran today, I was wondering if someone from BP might have made an informal/formal suggestion to Iran to offer its help to the U S in the gulf oil spill.

There are always reasons/motivations behind these kinds of offers, and I am always interested in exploring all avenues of thought on same.

From a military standpoint, can you think of a better way to deflect
American interests away from the possible invasion/bombing of Iran which was gaining strong support about the same time the explosion occured, than to cause a catastrophe of such a magnitude that the attention of the U S, and the world for that matter is focused on, and away from Iran?

And to possibly use a company, or an individual who is working within that company who's interests are mutually shared with yourself, such as B.P.?

And then, as a possible shield, throw out an offer to help the U S in
this crisis, assuming that there is a chance that it is discovered that
the accident was actually sabotage, and the finger points to Iran.
Iran in turn could then say, we are not responsible, we even offered to
help the U S in this matter. Why we would offer such a thing if we were involved?....etc.

I think the president of Iran is clever, no question, but I trust him about as far as I can throw him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a question for thought, tooo many pills, not evidence, as defined by the question mark in the title. I believe it is definitely possible, and would like to see some thought on same, not retorts with no substance please.

Comments welcome.

The thread is here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
www.presstv.ir...§ionid=3510203

The British Petroleum oil spill is threatening the entire eastern half of the North American continent with "total destruction," reports say.

An ominous report by Russia's Ministry of Natural Resources warned of the impending disaster resulting from the British Petroleum (BP) oil and gas leak in the Gulf of Mexico, calling it the worst environmental catastrophe in all of human history, the European Union Times reported.

Russian scientists believe BP is pumping millions of gallons of Corexit 9500, a chemical dispersal agent, under the Gulf of Mexico waters to hide the full extent of the leak, now estimated to be over 2.9 million gallons a day.

Experts say Corexit 9500 is a solvent four times more toxic than oil.

The agent, scientists believe, has a 2.61ppm toxicity level, and when mixed with the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico, its molecules will be able to “phase transition.”

This transition involves the change of the liquid into a gaseous state, which can be absorbed by clouds. The gas will then be released as “toxic rain” leading to “unimaginable environmental catastrophe” destroying all life forms from the “bottom of the evolutionary chart to the top,” the report said.

Not to mention it allows oil broken down on a molecular level to bond with the DiHydrogen Monoxide molecules itself, this will allow toxins to cycle the planet faster and easier than the heavier oil had it not been broken down by the massive amount of dispersants.

Water which will be absorbed through breathing organs and feeding organs of all sea life and cause genetic defects in offspring for generations to come and fatalities to marine life & ecology on a huge scale.

This isn't imagination of doomsayers, this is the reality.

Somebody should help the Dolphin to get to cleaner waters as well, Shrimps and Oysters is one thing, Dolphin are sentient mammals, who have saved enough Human life by assisting swimmers in trouble, so many times around the world, the Pods in the Gulf seen swimming around in oil contaminated waters should be given assistance and relocated!.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by DeltaPan]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

In my opinion, having Iran's help is like asking an arsonist to help you put out a fire.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by manta78]

Well unless Iran can blow wells up using meditation then what your saying is nothing but hot air and you should be asking questions about Haliburton and golden-sacks who sold 44-46% stake in Bp just weeks before it went bang.

I read than in Iran they eat new born babies....................... whilst they are still alive and you can buy C4 at any corner shop.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
So is anyone saying that Bp was singled out by Golden-sacks and Haliburton because they are freinds with Iran ?

Make perfect scence if you think about it and if the UK points this out then the zionist controlled IMF won't lend the UK any money when it asks.

Short the UK stock market and lets see if they squeal when the international bankers don't sell us more debt.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The info in the OP was mentioned in the EU times and put online here
If you google Russian scientists, oil spill and similar in google and google news you'll see the info has been picked up various places around the net. How credible is the EU times ...anyone know ?

The website for the Russian Ministery of natural resources is here but all in Russian. I'm going to see if google translate will decipher it

ps) the article I linked to links to another page and that one in turn links to the source article which does indeed return to Sorcha Faal...see this page and scroll down

[edit on 14/6/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
[yvid]
[/yvid]

Some more doom and gloom

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Presstv is a state run "news" organisation of Iran. Hardly impartial. Hardly without an agenda to push. Just thought I would mention the fact to avoid people falling into the trap of believing this source is reliable.

Regards

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join