It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B P and the Iran Connection - Was It Sabotage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I think most of us who have been following the disaster in the gulf are interested in reading nearly everything that is related to the topic.

One of the threads started was on May 23rd about Iran renewing its offer to help on the U S oil spill/leak, started me wondering why, and as one poster commented, especially given the tensions between the two countries, in that thread located here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyways, I did some digging on the net about the history of the company and find out that B P was founded in 1909 to exploit the first discovery of oil in Iran, which I found to be very interesting.

From the 1988 source article:

"History 4.2. BP was founded in 1909 as the Anglo-Persian Oil Company (later Anglo- Iranian) to exploit the first discovery of oil in Iran. In 1914 the British Government invested £2 million in the company and became the majority shareholder. Over the years, however, the Government's holding declined; it stood at just under 32 per cent before the share sale in October 1987."

Source: www.competition-commission.org.uk...

[edit on 29-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Your point being?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

British Petroleum

According to a book by F. William Engdahl, A Century of War: Anglo-American Oil Politics and the New World Order, a conspiracy to overthrow the Shah was hatched by the British and Americans in 1978 coninciding with the Iranian Revolution.

When "negotiations ... under way between the Shah's government and British Petroleum for renewal of the 25-year old extraction agreement ... collapsed". According to Engdahl, the end of the agreement meant "Iran appeared on the verge of independence in its oil sales policy for the first time since 1953." To prevent this independence, Engdahl claims "American 'security' advisers to the Shah's SAVAK secret police implemented a policy of ever more brutal repression" against anti-Shah demonstrators, while American President Carter "cynically began protesting abuses of 'human rights'" caused by the American advisers policy. The British Petroleum company "reportedly" organized a "capital flight" from Iran," and so on.

And more here:

en.wikipedia.org...

Of interest is the claim that the father of Ayotollah Khomeini ('Father of the Islamic Revolution') was in fact British ... born in Bristol, UK ... who after jumping ship as a young man and playing love-interest to a series of wealthy Arab sheiks for several years, made his way to what is now Iran. He went native. Took a muslim name. Learned the language. Ingratiated himself generally. Was of considerable assistance to British Petroleum in their bid to seize rights to the oil. Married a muslim woman, had several children. The boys were educated in the UK and elsewhere in Europe. The son who was initially the family black-sheep went on to become the Ayotollah Khomeini (Father of Islamic Revolution) and was exciled for several years, during which time he was trained by the Russians. Declared numerous times that he hated Iran and Iranians, but returned to Iran to instigate the Islamic Revolution/fundamentalist Islam and to write the disgusting Little Green Book famed for its paedophilia and bestiality

I have the article saved, but can't find it at the moment

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Found the link to source

but as usual, the article's been removed again. As a rule, someone puts it back up eventually

Saw that the UK govt. has a D-notice placed on much information relating to Iran and the mechanations of those who've been manipulating the situation for close to a century

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Was just surprised at the relationship between the two countries, and as stated here:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"As a British company, BP's expanding operation in Iran reflects symbolically the quiet growth of British-Iranian relations after about two decades of difficulties. Particularly, it indicates the British government's efforts to expand its ties with Iran to catch up with other EU countries with large and expanding political and economic relations with that country, namely France, Germany, Italy and increasingly so Spain. "

"Given its close cooperation with Iran's arch enemy, the United States, seeking to weaken Iran economically and politically, such efforts demonstrates the British government's recognition of Iran's importance as a rising regional power." - Asia Times
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find the analysis interesting, but personally don't happen to share the view of Iran as a rising regional power; and since BP maintains such an active interest in Iran today, I was wondering if someone from BP might have made an informal/formal suggestion to Iran to offer its help to the U S in the gulf oil spill.

There are always reasons/motivations behind these kinds of offers, and I am always interested in exploring all avenues of thought on same.

From a military standpoint, can you think of a better way to deflect
American interests away from the possible invasion/bombing of Iran which was gaining strong support about the same time the explosion occured, than to cause a catastrophe of such a magnitude that the attention of the U S, and the world for that matter is focused on, and away from Iran?

And to possibly use a company, or an individual who is working within that company who's interests are mutually shared with yourself, such as B.P.?

And then, as a possible shield, throw out an offer to help the U S in
this crisis, assuming that there is a chance that it is discovered that
the accident was actually sabotage, and the finger points to Iran.
Iran in turn could then say, we are not responsible, we even offered to
help the U S in this matter. Why we would offer such a thing if we were involved?....etc.

I think the president of Iran is clever, no question, but I trust him about as far as I can throw him.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

What is a D-notice?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Thanks for the reply and explanation.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Thanks for that info. Learn something new nearly every day at ATS.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
So, you are insinuating that British Petroleum is protecting its oil interest in Iran by diverting attention away from U.S. based sanctions and threats of war by colluding with Iran to cause the worst ecological disaster ever?

Well you are right the oil leak has diverted America's attention from Iran, but I guarantee Israel hasn't shed a tear over the oil leak, and will continue to push the U.S. for an Iranian War, or at the very least ridiculous sanctions. After all, the only nation truly afraid of Iran’s nuclear program is Israel.

It is not a bad thought because it does buy Iran time, and maybe a couple months are all they need to create their first nuclear weapon.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

I am stating my theory on how this disaster may have been initiated, and possible motives behind same, and consider the scenario plausible.

Follow the money. It's often the root of many so called "accidents".

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hello,

I'll admit I'm jumping to conclusions...

What I gather from not reading all of it, is that Iran may get pointed at as saboteurs? To justify an invasion/war?

OK. Too many threads. I can't keep up!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
A supplemental to this thread is an additional thread posted
here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In particular, note the "Strategy" section of Iranian military.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by manta78]

new topics

top topics

join