It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2.9 Million Gallons Per Day + Toxic Rain Say Tehran Based Press TV

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

Well first of all, the Iranian article bases its info on ... "Russian scientists believe". That's it.

How do they know this info?

Now, I do believe the oily rain is possible from hurricanes but I've heard conflicting reports on oil evaporating into the clouds - Do you have a good source for this?

Don't get me wrong, our sources are subject to be inaccurate also. But considering Iran would like to make the USA look bad... I take their info with their bias included. I've seen it many times before.

It's a good topic and I don't doubt the severity of the situation.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

Well first of all, the Iranian article bases its info on ... "Russian scientists believe". That's it.

How do they know this info?

Now, I do believe the oily rain is possible from hurricanes but I've heard conflicting reports on oil evaporating into the clouds - Do you have a good source for this?

Don't get me wrong, our sources are subject to be inaccurate also. But considering Iran would like to make the USA look bad... I take their info with their bias included. I've seen it many times before.

It's a good topic and I don't doubt the severity of the situation.

Well BP's scientists calculated the spill at 5,000 barrels of oil per day, which we now know is false, considering they first stated they were siphoning off 1,000 barrels from the 5,000 barrel per day spill and then later stated siphoning off exactly 5,000 gallons of oil per day via oil tanker. Obviously the spill is not just 5,000 barrels. If they are willing to tell people they are siphoning a 1/5 of the spill, then later state they were siphoning 5,000, that leads me to believe they are still siphoning a 1/5 of the oil, but the oil spill is at least 5 times greater. So I think that the spill is at 25,000 barrels per day.

That was before the higher estimates came along, which showed us that BP was in fact downplaying the size of the spill. Point being we can't trust BP's "scientists." They are obviously trying to save their asses in the public eye. So I think a Russian news source is a little more reliable at this point than BP, plus our gov't doesn't know what the # it's doing either. The Russian source is as valid as any source here with suspect spill ranges like 5,000 - 100,000 barrels per day.

But about the toxic rain, I honestly don't have a source beyond that link. I figured it would be like acid rain, or just normal rain carrying pollutants like those in LA.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hatcookie
I'm accually curious as to how this oil leak is affecting Mexico, their tourism and fishing industry ect. I haven't heard a peep out of them yet but I can imagine the leak AND the use of dispersants is going to have a tremendous effect on an already poor nation, or at least the poor of the nation.

Can you imagine how many people will be out of work and trying to (illegally) get into the States just as all these new laws on immigration are being passed?

Hmmm, what a coincidence...

The full effect of the oil leak is expected to reach Mexican coasts in October, although I don't know if that will be different with the hurricane season approaching.
As of now, the leak has been good for the Mexican fishing industry because restaurants and stores in the SE of USA are buying fish and seafood from Mexican fisheries. Business is going good for them now.

Hopefully none of it will reach Mexican coasts or at least it will be already somewhat dispersed and not as thick as it is right now.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79

So I think a Russian news source is a little more reliable at this point than BP, plus our gov't doesn't know what the # it's doing either. The Russian source is as valid as any source here with suspect spill ranges like 5,000 - 100,000 barrels per day.

But about the toxic rain, I honestly don't have a source beyond that link. I figured it would be like acid rain, or just normal rain carrying pollutants like those in LA.

I think the Russians may be on to something. There is no way only 5000 barrels are spewing into the Gulf, all one has to do is watch the videos to understand that is simply ridiculous. If we do the simple math, at 1 barrel equaling 100 gallons, lets start at the bottom and move up.

5000 (X) 42 (=) 210,000 gallons per day. (1,900,000 liters)

100,000 (X) 42 (=) 4,200,000 gallons per day. (39,900,000 liters)

Its obvious the Russians don't believe, or at least aren't saying, 4.2 million gallons a day. There numbers of 2.9 million gallons equals around 69,000 barrels a day... That might in fact be the truth. Simply do the math and look at the videos...

[edit to add] If they are correct, then that means in 46 days over 121,800,000 gallons of oil are just miles off the coast of America. (or 462,840,000 liters)

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 29-5-2010 by littlebunny]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I am curious how BP would go about covertly pumping millions of gallons of this dispersant day in and day out without anyone noticing. Seems like something like that would be pretty easy to track and prove.

The public knows it ! See news such as "bp asked to use less toxic dispersant" or something.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Quote from source: ...calling it the worst environmental catastrophe in all of human history, the European Union Times reported.

I would just like to point out that the European Union Times is not a credible source. Not defending BP or arguing that this is not a disaster. Just keep in mind who writes some of this stuff.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Here is another source for your original link:

Sorcha Faal

Everyone ridiucules Sorcha Faal, and I have to admit that it is all a little over the top. But for nearly two years now what has been reported on the website above, usually comes out at least two days befor you see it on a newspaper and ATS, and there is usually some truth to it.

Also people who use ATS can be agreeing on one thing, and as soon as they see a Sorcha Faal related artice they comepletely change their mind and take it as a falacy.

My advice would be whilst this is over the top, the official estimates are really too low, and the real answer would be somewhere in between.

Still it is nothing short of a total disaster for America and the whole world. Everything about it stinks. Whilst I mentioned Sorcha Faal, I would also just like to say that over the last two weeks the Web Bot predictions seem to becoming very interesting indeed...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
how much gallons are coming out right now/hour
www.bp.com...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

1 barrel of oil = 158.9 litres, 42 US gallons, not nit picking but added for accurate scrap of paper conversions members might want to make.

In my experience Press TV are a good news source for accuracy, they don't want the Empires propaganda machine jumping allover them if they get stuff wrong so try hard to be correct, esp in this type of story.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Really? Wow, hmm, then the refined oil comes in 100 gallon drums I think... how interesting... I will change my math mentioned above...

However, has anyone seen this Information Yet??? If that site is telling the truth, they're saying its over 4million gallons a day... times 46 days equals 184,000,000 gallons. Either way, what a mess!!!

--Charles Marcello

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Well, just to add my $0.02...

1 million liquid gallons is a lot of oil.
An average swimming pool has 5-10 thousand gallons depending on the size.

So take your average 24ft pool at 10 thousand gallons.
Now multiply that by 100.
That's one million gallons.

Also, I don't think anyone truly knows exactly how much is leaking.
I would imagine these are all rough estimates.

But, if the dispersant evaporates into the atmosphere, or even if the oil does, it will be interesting (to say the least) to see the effects on the environment.
But what else can they do besides what they are doing now?
I don't see a good solution to this problem
Only a bunch of idiots dragging their feet.
Maybe they are prolonging the situation, to get a point across: "No more drilling" ?

My opinion of the way big businesses handle things:
Typical business model...
Quickest, cheapest solution to fix the problem.
Nevermind anything that gets in the way.
Environmental damage? Ha!
We only care about making/saving money...

I don't like jumping to conclusions about what will happen, but whatever does happen, it more than likely won't be beneficial.

I can't see it totally wiping out life on the east coast.
That's more than catastrophic.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Sorcha Faal again hoaxed presstv. Not hard, given that it is propaganda site and not journalism.

Toxic Oil Spill Rains Warned Could Destroy North America By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

www.whatdoesitmean.com...
But come on, guys. You are conspiracy crowd and you cannot spot the same Sorcha template?
Russian source (without any direct link or real name) is saying something bad is going to happen in US. Then rest of doom and gloom follows.
It is not hard to get that it is Sorcha in few seconds after i start reading.
And by the way - i am sure that stuff to dissolve oil is not harmless and will add even more damage to ecology. But Sorcha is overplaying doom and gloom thingy. Oil is toxic too.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

A couple of vids taken from 'greenpeace' website, was going to start a new thread but thought may aswell post them in here:

I'm sure Greenpeace will have more on this disaster than any msm right now...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I think it’s safe to say that it would not be in BP’s interest or the U.S. Government’s interest to disclose the full environmental impact or health hazards to humans that may result from the oil spill.

The Gulf Coast is heavily populated and the ensuing panic would be far more than the government could handle.

They will keep quiet and observe, as long as it’s possible for them to keep quiet and observe.

We likely will not know the truth of something so unprecedented until it unfolds, and even then it’s safe to expect a certain amount of blame shifting as government and corporate officials look for political cover, and once again to minimize the impact of any panic that might ensue from complete disclosure.

I honestly think the only way we will know the state of the rain is through independent testing, where civilians collect rain and bear the cost of sending it to localized laboratories for chemical testing.

Living in South Florida, I can attest to the fact that there are a lot of small independent laboratories who specialize in measuring toxins caused from molds and chemicals for the commercial and residential real estate industries, who often have to get an environmental inspection of dwellings and sometimes the ground, and ground water, when selling a dwelling or a piece of property.

I myself plan to start capturing rain samples to have tested in this way, and I suggest other ATS members that live along the gulf coast or inland of it a couple hundred miles or less might want to do the same.

We aren’t going to be told the truth on this; it will be contingent upon us to find out the truth ourselves.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
When war and environmental disasters are factored into the equation is oil really still cheaper than modern wind and solar tech, I very much doubt it, leading me to the conclusion that very important people own the oil and we'll use it as a prime energy source till they tell us we can stop, bast***s.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Yeah,it would be,figure how many gallons fit on an aircraft.Then figure out where they are flying out of.Then find someone who would knows how many are going out to spray.
Same with the boats....but it is probably classified info,due to national security issues,because people would be a bit p'd off to find out the truth.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I do not see how anyone can contradict the OP's information with confidence.

I doubt any of us actually know how much has been leaked so far. BP has already shown that it has been misleading the public.

With that fact known, how the hell can anybody state exactly the figure and how can anyone state that any claim is wrong?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I am curious how BP would go about covertly pumping millions of gallons of this dispersant day in and day out without anyone noticing. Seems like something like that would be pretty easy to track and prove.

I don't see how this will be directly toxic to humans once it rains down. The MSDS says that it is completely soluble in water. There's a lot of water to go around, and the Gulf current is spreading the material - not good, but wouldn't you rather dilute a poison as much as possible instead of keeping it concentrated?

This article said that this chemical is 4 times as toxic as the crude oil, but I don't know how that was determined. It seems absurd to me to think this chemical could be worse than the oil, based on read of the symptoms.

The damage to the life in the water seems to be the worse. I have also heard that maybe this chemical is keeping a lot of the spill from surfacing. If that is true, then it will be hard to judge the effect it has until strange things begin to disappear or die off. Some things would be apparent now, but for things that will not die until their food supply is gone, it might take months or a year I imagine.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Yeah I am going with the middle ground here.

2.9 million a day seems a bit over the top.

While 60,000 a day seems way too small to account for it.

So I am going with 1million barrels a day. This is a nice middle ground area that I feel is the best place to stand right now.

If this were The Price is Right, I would be making a very good bid right now.

I heard it was 19,000 barrels a day, which equals close to 800,000 gallons a day.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
BP doesn't give a damn, they even said NO to the US government when the government told them to stop. you have to send in the military where BP is loading the planes up with this stuff and stick an gun in their face.
then you need the military armed with automatic weapons, to take away all executive personnel who had anything to do with this, and put them in gitmo...the need to be classified as enemy combatants.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join