It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about sleep paralysis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by Myuzik
Your obviously just trolling by now.

I have the right of rebuttal... no? Trolling... the old chestnut that really means anyone who doesn't agree with you. [fail]

You are souring many benevolent ETs points of view of you. Just FYI. Don't know if that will affect you or not but you are.

Oh Noes!

IRM

You are just saying the same thing over and over. I know I'm not insane. Thnk what you want. I dont really value what you think IRM.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment

I think this is a huge understatement.
'Hindsight', as you put it, often turns out to be wrong (years/decades/millennium later) especially when it comes to science (psychology, in this case).

Straw man! No free pass I'm afraid. That proves neither positive or negative! Because something else was wrongly assumed in the past does not automatically mean that this is. Though you may wish it to be, it's not necessarily so. You proved nothing there mate!

Our understanding of 'abductions' is very unsophisticated at this time in our young evolution resulting in speculation and subjection.

Just like speculating it's aliens is flawed! You defeated your own argument mate!

IRM

[edit on 28/5/10 by InfaRedMan]

Straw man....me? Huh?
Just what is your agenda? Really? I am asking honestly please?
By your own subtitle, you call yourself a disinfo-agent so....is this just a hobby of yours? What makes you an expert on this topic? Again, I am asking genuinely.

Your attitude is like me debunking ghosts, out-of-body or near-death-experiences just because I've never experienced it.
So then I neatly explain it via pseudo science and conclude, those are just moments when your brain short-circuits because, studies show our brains are capable of producing illusions BECAUSE, I don't understand it.

I mean, how antiquated and arrogant is that?

There is no science here! Science, at this juncture, cannot add anything to this because this is beyond science.

Sadly our 'science' needs to see, hear, taste, touch and smell their reality' and this (and other similar) phenomena are more along the lines of spirituality and unconditional thinking.
Modern science (with their understandings) are really quite primitive in the scheme of things.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Straw man....me? Huh?
Just what is your agenda? Really? I am asking honestly please?
By your own subtitle, you call yourself a disinfo-agent so....is this just a hobby of yours? What makes you an expert on this topic? Again, I am asking genuinely.

I am answerable to who exactly? Dude... don't be so paranoid about who I am!

Your attitude is like me debunking ghosts, out-of-body or near-death-experiences just because I've never experienced it.

Who's to say what I have and haven't experienced. So... your analogy is somewhat flawed... unless of course, you're simply referring to yourself.

So then I neatly explain it via pseudo science

And how is magical thinking any better than that. And who are you to say what is science and what is pseudo science? To coin your term, who are you?

There is no science here!

Damn straight!

Science, at this juncture, cannot add anything to this because this is beyond science.

No it's not! Another straw man!

In the case of the Op, he/she refuses to remove the prosaic explanations before leaping to the conclusion that it's ET. The Op is incapable of being objective. "It's ET because I say so" just doesn't cut it I'm afraid!

It's a belief and nothing more. Unless of course you can prove it without resorting to straw men arguments?

IRM

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I'm confused here, you have been 'altered' hundreds of time but there's no proof?

What are they, the Alien Nip & Tuck Clinic?

I'm not being rude but you are having telepathic conservations with aliens at least twice a day and being altered so often then you either have proof or I'm going to have to say there's something more earthly medical going on here.

You simply can not come on to a forum and state such things and then say 'you have to take my word on it' because we don't and judging by what you have said regarding demons etc I have to feel slightly worried about all this...

Surely in one of your every day conservations you can conjure up some proof of existence, you could if you wanted to but let me guess they don't want us to know yet but allow you to blab about them?

Sorry if this is negative but your claims are dubious at the very least.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I'd never experienced sleep paralysis up until around a year ago, although the first two times were drug induced, the night after doing mdma when I finally got to sleep, that's the only logical explanation I had for it. I didn't have a clue as to what was going on the first time it happened

I experience it quite regularly now, although the last time it happened it was complete paralysis, I stopped breathing. It was scary, just lying there unable to do anything, unable to breath. Although I'm not sure now whether it actually happened, or if I just dreamt it

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

You're not negative mate. You're spot on! What many of these people don't realize is that we've dealt with these exact stories here a thousand times over and they all have the same lame excuses... and they all make the fatal mistake of believing they are original.

I tried to provide the Op with a chance to prove whether it was real or not, or to at least remove some of the prosaic causes, but he refuses by sighting all kinds of stupid excuses. It shows you how very unstable the foundations of his belief really are.

IRM :shk:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I'm confused here, you have been 'altered' hundreds of time but there's no proof?

What are they, the Alien Nip & Tuck Clinic?

I'm not being rude but you are having telepathic conservations with aliens at least twice a day and being altered so often then you either have proof or I'm going to have to say there's something more earthly medical going on here.

You simply can not come on to a forum and state such things and then say 'you have to take my word on it' because we don't and judging by what you have said regarding demons etc I have to feel slightly worried about all this...

Surely in one of your every day conservations you can conjure up some proof of existence, you could if you wanted to but let me guess they don't want us to know yet but allow you to blab about them?

Well you seem to have a more respectful skeptical tone than IRM at least.

All I have for evidence is my words(channeled), my experience(could someone make all this up?), and there are some marks on my body. But I have no pictures of them. And anyone could say 'thats from something else' etc if i took a pic of something they have done to me(red spots on my body).

The ETs themselves say my contacts clauses including being able to talk about almost anything I experience. And the things I cannot talk about are typically deleted from my memory ad not brought up.

The nordics would be open in their contact with us if they could be. Due to politics they cannot be open with us with contact. And are limited to a small number of contactees/channelrs to spread their views etc.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

... and they all make the fatal mistake of believing they are original.

I never said I was original.... ANyway, could you link me some of thes oh so plenty contactee claims? I dont find these accounts often.

I tried to provide the Op with a chance to prove whether it was real or not, or to at least remove some of the prosaic causes, but he refuses by sighting all kinds of stupid excuses. It shows you how very unstable the foundations of his belief really are.

Sorry. I dont need to prove something I already know. It has already been proven to me without a shadow of a doubt.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
There's one problem with all of this... Nordics don't make deals with greys and reptilians...your whole story is that greys and reptilians torture you and nordics save you then the cycle continues..Nordics and greys get along like oil and water ...if your in contact with the nordics they wouldn't stand for any grey reptilian contact they are at war.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by King Triad]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by King Triad
There's one problem with all of this... Nordics don't make deals with greys and reptilians...your whole story is that greys and reptilians torture you and nordics save you then the cycle continues..Nordics and greys get along like oil and water ...if your in contact with the nordics they wouldn't stand for any grey reptilian contact they are at war.

We have differing stories triad. If your contacts are right that I am in contact with the most ancient race instead of nordics.... Well I havent gotten that memo yet. I am told wholeheartedly by my contacts they are nordics. And based on what ETs have done to me, they DO make deals. Regardless of who my good contact is(I acknowledge the possibility they couldnt tell me their true identity yet), they certainly have reached agreements with reptilians and greys, but are also certainly against them.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hi to all I had a strange occurrence with "aliens" , so I thought but I'm 95 % sure that this was sleep paralisys. Because that night I had read a lot about the subject. You can see exactly what I mean in this thread

If somebody had something similar please share it.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Myuzik

Myuzik,

Those encounters sound brutal and cruel.
Why on earth would any beings want to do that to you?

Am I missing something?

Thank you for sharing your story.
I honestly hope that you aren't going through these sort of alleged encounters anymore.

- Lee

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

In the case of the Op, he/she refuses to remove the prosaic explanations before leaping to the conclusion that it's ET. The Op is incapable of being objective. "It's ET because I say so" just doesn't cut it I'm afraid!

It's a belief and nothing more. Unless of course you can prove it without resorting to straw men arguments?

IRM

And there ya have it.

More conclusive pseudo science due to the fact it just........ 'doesn't cut it'

~End story~

(Thank you DisInfo Agent. Your findings are noted and filed away)

All others;

If you are abducted, at first, you can't make head nor tails from what happened. Your 'conditioned' mind wants to pin it on some type of psychological/medical event or breakdown.

But as it becomes clearer or.....if your memories start coming back, it then becomes quite evident that what you experienced is real and the mainstream outlets (like doctors and science in general) do not embraced or, understand this phenomena.

As much as you want to kick and scream that this did NOT happen to you (because it's MUCH easier chalking this off as a medical condition) you KNOW, somewhere in your sub or 'un' conscious ....it did.

So then, you seek answers. Like, HOW did they paralyze me? Or.....how did I get aboard that craft? Or....how did they rip my eyeball out?
It goes on and on and on.

So, to have people tell you that this is just an explainable medical condition, it doesn't help your psyche let alone your quest for truth. In fact, it just compounds the problem.

But once you come to terms with what you deeply (almost undeniably) think/know, you can find many support groups out there. Thank gawd. That wasn't so much the case back in 1997 when I had my experience.

Just ignore these narrow-minded 'disinfo' agents who want to come off as if they know what they're talking about because, when we look back in about 100 years, all those people will look like complete fools. Much like the people who thought Earth was the center of the universe (and, were hung because of it) due to their complete ignorance of understanding and accepting.

You'll see!

PS. I am not saying sleep paralysis does not exist. It does but that does not negate the fact that Humans are being abducted too. Just wanted to clarify that.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by One Moment]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You're not negative mate. You're spot on! What many of these people don't realize is that we've dealt with these exact stories here a thousand times over and they all have the same lame excuses... and they all make the fatal mistake of believing they are original.

IRM :shk:

I find it so strange that people who claim to have alien contact bother to come on here, if you are trying to convince the masses then on here is a poor choice considering everything gets stripped to the bare metal on here and tossed in the bin where it belongs if found to be rubbish.

And as you say, out come the clauses and reasons of why they can't prove anything. Why would an apparently super race want to have a 1 2 1 with one of us poor sods.

And why would a race nip in from another dimension to burn spots on a person, surely dimension hopping super aliens could have scanned his entire body and gathered all the dna they need in one visit but no, these sorry efforts for aliens are too dumb and need to nip back and forth tweaking bits every time.

All on both of these points, for what?

Were too dumb as a race to drill a hole in the earth properly, we have no technology to offer, our minds are of no use, if they are farming us then they are doing it very very slowly...

So what would they talk to us for, surely they would help us or destroy us, neither seems to be happening.

I would ask our guest why but he's not allowed to say

When I was being treated for depression (still am) I used to see a lot of people who talked to aliens..

Nuff said..

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Mclaneinc]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Myuzik

"Where's your proof" they ask???????????

I would love to step into a church, synagogue, mosque or whatever and ask them for their 'proof' of God.
Because certainly, in this day and age, you'd think we'd have pictures (or at least a hyperlink) by now!

Don't worry Myuzik......we're over a million strong at this point.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

And there ya have it.

Neurology is pseudo science? If that's pseudo science, explain to me what is you feel your offering (i.e something that has no empirical data whatsoever)?

Thank you DisInfo Agent. Your findings are noted and filed away

You're welcome!

IRM

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

You're absolutely right. A forum like this is NOT where one should turn because it's a reminder how so many people are conditioned and un-evolved.

But you seem to have a good handle on this though. Questioning ...why they would even want to have a one on one with us, totally eradicates the phenomena. Brilliant deduction Einstein!

So folks, it's clear! If Humans can't even BEGIN to understand the 'why' (reason they abduct us) then, how can we ever understand the 'how' (they do it)?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This thread should be trashed. I suffer from sleep paralysis on a regular basis, and have a lot I can add to a legitimate thread concerning the subject. I have also died twice, and can talk about those experiences at length.

However, I will not expound on anything in a thread like this. The OP represents a major reason why this subject is not taken seriously. His/her observations are made from a standpoint of either ignorance or mental delusion. Plain and simple. If it is not ignorance or mental delusion, then the OP is a troll looking for attention. That is it, there is nothing more to say.

The continuation of this thread by any member is a tacit approval of the stereotype that makes us all look like fools. OP, I hope you either grow up or find the professional help that you need. If any member that has been around the block a few times understands what I am meaning here, you will drop this conversation. If the OP is delusional, you will not be able to have a conversation with them..if the OP is a troll the same applies. Reading this thread confirms what I am saying.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
Often I hear a loud BANG.

I will sometimes hear a pounding on my door. Though we may be experiencing a separate but related sleep-disorder called exploding head syndrome.

I've never had visual hallucinations though, that would freak me out.

Perhaps worse than visual are the tactile hallucinations.

But I often feel a presence and impending doom

Impending doom? Well, that puts you in company with the majority of the posters in ATS' conspiracy forums.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

And there ya have it.

Neurology is pseudo science? If that's pseudo science, explain to me what is you feel your offering (i.e something that has no empirical data whatsoever)?

Thank you DisInfo Agent. Your findings are noted and filed away

You're welcome!

IRM

I am not denying there are neurological conditions out there however......that doesn't erase the fact that something ELSE is happening too.
Why can't there be more than one explanation? Oh I know because......the other explanation (abductions) is science fiction, right?

Why is it that if people use the words 'demons' instead of aliens, the churches take THAT...very seriously? So seriously that they have demonologist/priests who perform exorcisms!
I mean....why is that?

Demons (and god) aren't anymore tangible than aliens but the Elite (who introduced religions to the world in order to control us) 'conditioned' people into accepting them. Think about it, please.

Also, people who follow the bible (as another example). It's totally cool to think Moses literally parted the Red Sea (although science says you can't) but if someone said they were levitated by aliens..................OH MY GOD, get the straight-jacket, right?

We live in a hypocritical, contolled and preconditioned society.

If you express paranormal events to the public, science jumps all over it and explaining how it's a medical condition.
But if religious icons express paranormal events (like Jesus walking on water) people deem that, a miracle.

You people are so backwards!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join