It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about sleep paralysis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
I've had sleep paralysis on and off for as long as I can remember. And like Kandinsky I've noticed that with regular sleeping habits etc I can usually avoid it. I bet most people with recurring sleep paralysis have discovered this too.

I suffer from frequent episodes of sleep-paralysis. It can be induced, as others have already pointed out, by irregular sleeping habits (particularly exhaustion), stress-levels and as is most often in my case, sleep position. Sleeping on my back is sure to induce an episode.

Having dealt with it my entire adult life, I know from experience that Myuzik's idea that aliens cause sleep paralysis is completely false. As an example, a few weeks ago I feel asleep while my girlfriend read a book. When the episode occurred, along with being unable to move, it seemed the room was dark except for bright flashes of light so intense it hurt my eyes. When I came out of it, I found the lights in the bedroom on and my girlfriend still reading beside me. Only 10 minutes had passed since I fell asleep.

That time-frame is typical, from what I understand. Most experience sleep paralysis soon after they fall asleep, be it when they first put their head down or momentarily waking during the night. As another example, my girlfriend woke me as she got ready for work in the morning. I went back to sleep, though I had rolled onto my back, my head facing the bedroom door. What could best be described as something similar to a grey-alien peeked around the corner, just as my girlfriend left the room. Not realizing I was in sleep-paralysis, I panicked and tried to warn her. When I found I couldn't move or say anything, I realized what was happening and came out of it.

Those that dismiss sleep paralysis as an explanation for abductions do not understand the sleep-paralysis phenomenon. While it cannot explain abductions in totality, sleep-paralysis can easily be a gateway to which a sufferer may mistakenly believe they have been abducted. There are many similarities, paralysis of course, along with out-of-body experiences, auditory, tactile and visual hallucinations, including malevolent entities such as the grey-type creature in the example above.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by Myuzik
I guess the proper term would be my body being altered, not abducted. As I am not taken away. People seem to apply ETs doing something to your body to the word abducted, which is why I worded it like that. Sorry.

Ah I see now, thanks for clearing that up.

Would you mind explaining how your body is altered and what that means in terms of being "abducted"?

Do you mean in a sort of out-of-body manner?

- Lee

Lets see what they channel me in terms of memories. They are typically deleted(not entirely gone though).

They have cut my achilles tendons(3 main times, it was extremely painful).
They have punctured organs(one main night mainly), I was fixed immediately after it being punctured. It was an event made for me being to feel what physical pain really is. They have injected me dozens if not a hundred or two of times.

Early on in my contact they often did things to my feet. One section of contact I was homeless for a couple week period, one section of 3 days I walked talking to ETs. They were doing things to my feet while I walked. Many different types of pains. In that experience they said they put a diamond in my body. After it painfully being brought down my leg, it finally went down t the bottom of my foot. They said for them to take it out I had to smash my foot on the ground as hard as I could in an act of faith. I did(as the other option would be cutting myself open), and they teleported it(they call it "poofed") out of my foot. It was rather painless, I was surprised.

They have lazered my bones a few times. One time they lazered my rib it felt completely lazered through, and I was in the shower. It was so much pain I almost fell to the floor. I have felt maybe one hundred or two hundred times pains in my brain. Different sections. At times after pains in my brain I cannot think without the nordics AI helping me.

They have bit my eye with a tiny little thing that crawled behind my eye(I have had a few encounters with them).

They have done all sorts of random pains that I often dont even bother to pay attention to anymore. Its like its natural now. I am fully used to them doing stuff to me. I could go on for hours if they channeled me it with stuff they have done to me. They say that is not available at this time though.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

And I am in the process of getting to the bottom of the experience. I have been speaking and engaged in telepathic conversations every day with them for about 2 years. Typically with the nordics AI.

No your not. Your using a technique that is unproven (telepathy) to try and prove something that is not proven (aliens) that just happen to come from somewhere that is not proven (another dimension).

This method is unscientific. If you really wanted to get to the bottom of it, you would take a path that produced empirical evidence, such as a sleep clinic or even a get an MRI on your brain to make sure something isn't wrong. So far it appears you have an aversion to pursuing this in the medical field. Why? Would you prefer it was real even if it wasn't?

Having telepathic conversations with aliens will only serve to worsen your problems should they be medical. You don't want to risk reinforcing what may be a delusional state. It's a slippery slope mate.

Get yourself properly checked out man. I'm not being cruel. I'm trying to help you.

IRM

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Having dealt with it my entire adult life, I know from experience that Myuzik's idea that aliens cause sleep paralysis is completely false.

I have already acknowledged its natural means by logic. What is completely false?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

And I am in the process of getting to the bottom of the experience. I have been speaking and engaged in telepathic conversations every day with them for about 2 years. Typically with the nordics AI.

No your not. Your using a technique that is unproven (telepathy) to try and prove something that is not proven (aliens) that just happen to come from somewhere that is not proven (another dimension).

This method is unscientific. If you really wanted to get to the bottom of it, you would take a path that produced empirical evidence, such as a sleep clinic or even a get an MRI on your brain to make sure something isn't wrong. So far it appears you have an aversion to pursuing this in the medical field. Why? Would you prefer it was real even if it wasn't?

Having telepathic conversations with aliens will only serve to worsen your problems should they be medical. You don't want to risk reinforcing what may be a delusional state. It's a slippery slope mate.

Get yourself properly checked out man. I'm not being cruel. I'm trying to help you.

IRM

I have heard it a thousand times. It really gets annoying. I know without a shadow of a doubt I am not delusional. The age old 'your delusional if you talk telepathically to being i dont know'. Such a lame premise. Delusional people suck, as they make me look bad.

Aliens are proven to me. Telepathy is proven to me. And they didnt COME FROM another dimension, its just where they reside typically.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Myuzik]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Myuzik

I did not say you were delusional. Read properly before becoming dramatic.

Again, I will ask you. Why not get yourself checked out? Thus far, after suggesting now three times or so, you have failed to address the question. You side step and deflect away from answering.

I guess some people just don't want to be helped huh! It is a shame if it turns out that none of this is real and your choosing the path that will do you the most harm.

IRM

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Myuzik - can you perhaps make a thread about your experiences and what you have been told and learned?

I always like reading stuff like this, and I'm sure others would want to hear about it.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Myuzik

I did not say you were delusional. Read properly before becoming dramatic.

Again, I will ask you. Why not get yourself checked out? Thus far, after suggesting now three times or so, you have failed to address the question. You side step and deflect away from answering.

I guess some people just don't want to be helped huh! It is a shame if it turns out that none of this is real and your choosing the path that will do you the most harm.

IRM

I have thought bout getting checked out for an implant. But they have demotivated me from that.

As for being checked out for being delusional. Who can tell me that? Who has access to the ETs here and can say if Im in contact or not? Even if they did have access its hard to get true information out of ETs at times.

Of course you are not saying im delusional, your just saying I might be delusional.. It gets old regardless. Im not getting dramatic.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Myuzik - can you perhaps make a thread about your experiences and what you have been told and learned?

I always like reading stuff like this, and I'm sure others would want to hear about it.

I have threads here(the most complete):
www.davidicke.com...

here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and i also have a blog in my sig.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

I have threads here(the most complete):
www.davidicke.com...

here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and i also have a blog in my sig.

Ummm. I knew that. I was just checking to see if YOU knew that.

Thanks, dude.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I have thought bout getting checked out for an implant. But they have demotivated me from that.

Very convenient!

As for being checked out for being delusional. Who can tell me that?

A psychologist/psychiatrist can do that. An MRI will also tell a neurologist is there is a problem that needs attention.

Who has access to the ETs here and can say if Im in contact or not?

First you must find out if you are really experiencing this. You're running on the presupposition that everything you think is true. This is a false premise!

It's clear you cannot be objective about your experiences!

Of course you are not saying im delusional, your just saying I might be delusional.. It gets old regardless. Im not getting dramatic.

Sure there is a possibility that there's a neurological issue. More so than an alien issue.

It appears that this is what you want the answer to be regardless! You have a reluctance towards removing the prosaic answers in case they are non supportive of your experiences. You have decided what you want to be true irregardless of whether it's the case or not.

Good luck!

IRM

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Of course we know now with hindsight that people weren't getting jiggy with demons and witches. They were simply still living the dream while partially awake.

There may or may not be abductions but it is certain that sleep paralysis exists and ticks most of the boxes in relation to alien abduction.

If you are so bothered by it all, then I suggest you go to a sleep clinic and find out for certain instead of just disregarding the prosaic answers for the exotic ones.

IRM

I think this is a huge understatement.
'Hindsight', as you put it, often turns out to be wrong (years/decades/millennium later) especially when it comes to science (psychology, in this case).

Our understanding of 'abductions' is very unsophisticated at this time in our young evolution resulting in speculation and subjection.

I think when you have an abduction (like I have) it is JUST that.....no matter what kind of spin the medical profession wants to put on it.

Trust me, being abducted is not an event one wants to be in or brag about. I much rather it have been a 'sleep paralysis' situation but, when you're taken into a dimension that words can't describe, it's frustrating to hear otherwise.

And, not that this happened to me (that I am aware of) but many abductees have been levitated and/or went through solid objects like their walls. Now, how does our modern scientists deal with that? Hallucination? Schizophrenia? Nightmares?
No.

We just don't have a deep understanding on a molecular level yet. For instances, we think we only have 5 senses and live only in 3D.
Ancient cultures knew differently!

The 'professionals' in our modern society are so quick to stick labels on situations/conditions when they themselves don't fully understand what's going on (thus, why the pharmaceutical industry does so well!)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

First you must find out if you are really experiencing this. You're running on the presupposition that everything you think is true. This is a false premise!

It's clear you cannot be objective about your experiences!

I am going by the obviousness of the contact. By logic I am told it is ETs. It is too frequent. And too advanced. My mind is not capable of creating some of the things they have done to me.

It appears that this is what you want the answer to be regardless! You have a reluctance towards removing the prosaic answers in case they are non supportive of your experiences. You have decided what you want to be true irregardless of whether it's the case or not.

Appears that I want it to the case? Well if you gave me the choice of in contact with ETs or insane, I would choose in contact with ETs. So I have a preference. I am far along in my contact I know what I am dealing with. Early on I had questions about what was happening to me. Now its obvious. You would think the exact same thing as me in my situation, surely.

A psychologist/psychiatrist can do that.

They can tell if you are in contact with aliens or not? WOW thats a new one.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

You are misquoting by leaving out the rest. A neurologist can tell you whether there are any issues in your brain. And a psychiatrist can tell you if you are suffering from a mental condition. Stop twisting stuff around.

Again, you clearly have an aversion to really finding out the truth. BTW, if you saw a psychiatrist and a neurologist and everything turned out fine, it may go some way to suggesting something else is going on. But you are obviously scared of having your alien story disproved. You can't even entertain the possibility of it being prosaic which speaks volumes mate.

BTW... here's another guy who thinks he talks telepathically to aliens. Do you believe him? Because you are claiming the same and have just as much, if not less evidence to show for it mate!

Deny Ignorance! I'm done with yours!

IRM

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment

I think this is a huge understatement.
'Hindsight', as you put it, often turns out to be wrong (years/decades/millennium later) especially when it comes to science (psychology, in this case).

Straw man! No free pass I'm afraid. That proves neither positive or negative! Because something else was wrongly assumed in the past does not automatically mean that this is. Though you may wish it to be, it's not necessarily so. You proved nothing there mate!

Our understanding of 'abductions' is very unsophisticated at this time in our young evolution resulting in speculation and subjection.

Just like speculating it's aliens is flawed! You defeated your own argument mate!

IRM

[edit on 28/5/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

You are misquoting by leaving out the rest. A neurologist can tell you whether there are any issues in your brain. And a psychiatrist can tell you if you are suffering from a mental condition. Stop twisting stuff around.

Again, you clearly have an aversion to really finding out the truth. BTW, if you saw a psychiatrist and a neurologist and everything turned out fine, it may go some way to suggesting something else is going on. But you are obviously scared of having your alien story disproved. You can't even entertain the possibility of it being prosaic which speaks volumes mate.

BTW... here's another guy who thinks he talks telepathically to aliens. Do you believe him? Because you are claiming the same and have just as much, if not less evidence to show for it mate!

Deny Ignorance! I'm done with yours!

IRM

A psychiatrist would just conclude I am schitzophrenic and give me mind altering drugs. I know what I am dealing with is real. I do not need to pay someone to tell me im sane.

And your links are ridiculous.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

A psychiatrist would just conclude I am schitzophrenic and give me mind altering drugs.

Would they? What if they were right? Much better to pretend it's aliens then I guess. I get it now!

I know what I am dealing with is real.

No you don't. You only think you do! In reality you know nothing!

Oh.. the irony!

IRM

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

A psychiatrist would just conclude I am schitzophrenic and give me mind altering drugs.

Would they? What if they were right? Much better to pretend it's aliens then I guess. I get it now!

I know what I am dealing with is real.

No you don't. You only think you do! In reality you know nothing!

Oh.. the irony!

IRM

Your obviously just trolling by now. I thought you said you were done with me? You are souring many benevolent ETs points of view of you. Just FYI. Dont know if that will affect you or not but you are.

In reality you know nothing!

You are the one who knows nothing. I know what I experience, its obvious. You do NOT.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Your obviously just trolling by now.

I have the right of rebuttal... no? Trolling... the old chestnut that really means anyone who doesn't agree with you. [fail]

You are souring many benevolent ETs points of view of you. Just FYI. Don't know if that will affect you or not but you are.

Oh Noes!

IRM

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Often I hear a loud BANG. I've never had visual hallucinations though, that would freak me out. But I often feel a presence and impending doom

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join