It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Raining Oil In Florida? This Is Just The Beginning

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Could this inland oil possibly ignite? Think about that scenario if you want to have nightmares...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Wait till the huricane season starts, then it will rain oil.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
This is a horrible disaster, but I'm not ready to tell the oil companies to close up shop, like Obama did.

We've been drilling for oil for dozens of years and statistically, it is has been a very safe and tightly regulated venture.

When a plane crashes and 300 people die, we don't shut down the airlines. I'm not trying to minimize the effects of this oil leak, but the over reaction of the Obama administration by ceasing all drilling is frightening.

It's time to find alternative energy sources, but that takes time to implement. In the meantime, we need to tap oil to add to our own coffers and keep prices somewhere in the reasonable range.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Yup,if this undersea oil geyser keeps spewing it's wickedness,I may just have to use it as an excuse to ride my bicycle a great distance to avoid the deliterious health effects of petroleum exposure.

But being run over by a cell-phone blabbing,textaholic,may have deliterious effects on one's headway too.

I suppose,it could be referred to as petroleum exposure also,in an indirect sense.

There is just no escaping some of the mistakes we have made in this world.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The Ptb will HAVE to pay for this. Big time, so big that it should lead to their annihillation.

Lets have a new world order, just none of their design, shall we?

Enough is enough

Everyday you hear more atrocities by them or caused by their actions.
I trust my neighbour way more than some guy in congress i dont even know.

Im going to have a swim in the Aegean sea now, before it gets wasted too and thank nature for letting me live.

My best wishes to the people along the gulf coast, hang in there, you WILL be retaliated

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

The only people who pay,are the ones who use the materials which they are harvesting for your use.

That would be you,the PTB are your benefactors,this is a nanny state in a corporate way.

A corporation is considered a corporeal entity,but since,in reality,it is just a legal fiction,it cannot be held accountable realistically.

Ya Betta Study The Uniform Commercial Codes,because they have superseded the constitution.

If you really wanna know,you will find out the truth.

But be careful,the truth will not set you free until you know how to use it, your government and legal system have the monopoly on the use of the truth that they create.

These atrocities are committed to provide you with your lifestyle,give up living like a king,and they will stop occurring.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Yeah,frightening!,as in you may have to pay more for gas,ride a bike,or god forbid,walk!.

Visit Europe,it is an older and societally more mature place than the U.S.,and provides alternatives to driving.

Gonna have to happen here,I look forward to "The Death of Suburbia".

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

I fully agree with what you say.

And im willing to give up my lifestyle anytime and walk the 6kms down to the beach instead of driving, to chop wood or use alternative energy sources for heating, to hunt or grow crops, heck its waht i do already.

I "know" about the UCC, but unfortunatelly its like using the tools THEY gave you. Lets turn away completely and dont look back, and decide only by our own reason.

Its not going to be easy though, but i dont care

Greetings from Greece (IMF-land)

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Dynamitrios]

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Dynamitrios]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FictionForTruth

Florida ignites almost every year from plant matter accumulating on the ground and lightning strikes anyway.

The only problem with this,is that it is a natural occurrence,but people insist upon building houses in the woods,so it isn't allowed to burn off naturally.

So it's about 2 feet deep here,everywhere except parkland,which do controlled burns to eliminate it.

If this oil aerosolizes,and precipitates into this plant matter on the ground!....

Geez,gonna be a bit more difficult to control I guess.

We just keep making things worse for everything,and ourselves,in the name of "progress".

[edit on 28-5-2010 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mweiss
One tiger shark actting up..they didn't know if it was oil related...still interesting that an 11-foot tiger shark comes right to the beach belly up.
www.heraldtribune.com...

No...what is killing these animals is the methane being released from the leaks. Dolphins have also appeared dead in the beach, as well as turtles, and there was no oil anywhere on them... They are dying because of the methane which they are breathing and die because of it, imo.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

I turned away years ago,but most of society just does not understand how the way they live is destroying everyone,and everything.

Realistically,the way most people emulate the rich and famous,they probably won't turn on the corporations,because they try to emulate THEM.

And the agony of having to get your own stuff to live,by yourself,through one's own sweat and toil,would be too much for most to bear.

The roof is on fire,let the M&^%!@r burn.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Not an expert here on oil evaporation, but it seems to me that you would need heat to get it to the vapor state. Interesting thing to look into for the gulf coastal people. But I hardly think that breathing evaporated oil will be a problem. I may be wrong.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what do you think the chances are of this (meaning petrol rain and residue in the waterways) spreading to other areas of the U.S.? And I'm not saying the Gulf Coast...I really have no idea how far this could go. Does anyone know? (That rhymed.)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Small amounts can be eliminated by the body easily,long term exposure to small amounts would equal heavier exposure.

Florida gets very hot during the summertime,and a lot of people come here to retire who's health is a tad compromised anyway.

And I ride a bicycle,elderly drivers compromise my physical well being every day.

Anyway.......

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Funny how the oil is killing wildlife outright,but few have considered the health effects it would have on humans,must be trying not to cause a panic.

I'm glad I'm not a human.

JK

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Hay, doesn't the Hiricane season start next month, should be interesting.

Will BP start suing people for stealing their Oil ?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

...Anything that has an odor is considered "volatile".

The odor,is the particles of the evaporated substance coming into contact with the olfactory bulb inside your nose.

Inhaling petroleum is never a good thing,it has been proven to cause cancer.

Volatile means that a substance evaporates readily upon exposure to air,especially when heated,volatile substances tend to explode when heated,like an exploding steam pipe,or what occurs in an internal combustion engine......

It gets hot here in Florida,some say "Florida,Like Hell,Only Hotter".

After living here 7 years,I would have to agree,I may have a good excuse to leave now,...

Thank BP,The Oil Gods have Spoken.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

Look up "thermoberic",the result probably wouldn't be quite the same as the weapons they have produced bearing the name,but it wouldn't be pretty either..........

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

Dude!,it isn't your life that is depressing,it's just this state we live in.

Florida is a depressing place to live,because all one can do is sit back and watch this beautiful place be destroyed.

I'm getting the hell out,cuz I can't bear watching it anymore.

Anything valuable,or beautiful,is always destroyed,because of it .

I was thinking about leaving before this oil thing happened,now it's definite.

Too many lemmings here anyway........

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PatesHatriots

It is not just the oil corporations that are out of control,it is all corporations.

This is just an obvious symptom,which is really difficult to sweep under the rug.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join