It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Raining Oil In Florida? This Is Just The Beginning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Awww, ...... can I use the "I'm new card"?

Or do I have to woman-up and figure out how to add a thread on here.
OKKKK, I'll add the thread

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm going to laugh when all the doom sayers are wrong, yet again. LA will be the state hit the hardest, but unlike the Valdez the spill is 40 miles off shore...not 2-3 miles off shore. A lot of the oil that has washed up has been in clumps, I'm willing to bet that this spill will actually have less impact than the Valdez despite the volume being bigger.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
this is just crazy. I hope it doesn't rain oil to other places and cause widespread panic. This is just horrible for the environment and for the children out there.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It won't actually "rain oil" the mixture will be indistinguishable until there is an accumulation. Remember as a kid seeing the rainbow in a puddle of water in the drive way? It will be too late by the time its effects are felt beyond what is happening now.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by bkfd54]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
no methane. methane doesn't disperse in water as a gas....it collects into gas bubbles.

what i believe is killing animals such as this is the Corexit and/or dispersant.

How many years will that stuff be in the food supply from the gulf? Will those shrimp cause my grandkids to ahve defects? Or give me cancer?

I know methane is a gas and doesn't disperse in the water. The majority of animals which are found dead breathe air, and yes I know there are some exceptions.

When dolphins and sea turtles come up for air some are finding themselves breathing methane instead of oxygen.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Has the oil stopped ?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

I'm going to laugh when all the doom sayers are wrong, yet again.

I am going to cry when all the smiley-face people are wrong, yet again.

For this will mean the destruction of a vast natural resource, many thousands of homes and businesses, something myself, family and friends have cherished all our lives.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
reply to post by Dynamitrios

I turned away years ago,but most of society just does not understand how the way they live is destroying everyone,and everything.

Realistically,the way most people emulate the rich and famous,they probably won't turn on the corporations,because they try to emulate THEM.

THIS is EXACTLY the sad truth!
I have allways tried to do the opposite, I take the bus, and they say I am taking the "looser cruiser", I buy almost ALL of my clothes second hand, and only replace things when they are worn right out, and I look like a "slob".....

EVERYTHING in this society ridicules steps taken towards practicality..... I would be happy as a clam living in my camper, and so would my son, (we try to camp 4 moths in a row per year, ony drive there and back, so drive about 2 hours per year TOPS) but they threaten to take him away and call me a bad mom if we wanted to do that....

They put up stop signs for society at every turn to keep you keeping up with the Jones's...... it is pathetic!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndersonLee
Has the oil stopped ?

It hasn't been stopped and there is another leak about 20-22 miles away or so which was caused by the blowout most probably.

They stopped pumping mud because the blowout kept pushing it back out. They haven't stopped the leak.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Trust me dudes , It wont get that bad ...Anyways I plan on going to the gulf of mexico in 2 weeks to do some fishing with a friend .

I will let you all know how it looks out there when I return .

Can anyone say party like a rock star ?
Boat ocean and lots of woman ..No oil can make that bad ...

Anyways I just want to know if the oil is stopped. It wont change my plans if it has not , I just was asking

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
They put up stop signs for society at every turn to keep you keeping up with the Jones's...... it is pathetic!

There are enough accidents happening on the roads for you to want no stop signs in cities...

In EVERY society where there are people, there are need for laws.

Yes some laws are bad, but still without laws there would be only chaos. You would be most probably raped, and who knows what could happen to your son if there were no laws.

Even the ancient people, native Americans, etc, had their own laws and rules, as well as morals which were imparted from generation to generation.

No law = chaos

I am amazed that you are a grown up and you don't seem to understand this.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Guess smoking can litterally kill yourself in florida.

Seriously this really sucks and there is no sign that they would fix that leak soon....

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
America, look up! And watch out...For all those that have been enlightened about chemtrails and the toxic chemicals of Barium, Aluminum Oxide and Dyethelene Bromide being sprayed throughout our skies since 1996, 24/7, 365, .....Now, mix that concoction with the toxic oil droplets from the blown oil well, along with Corexit, Benzene, and other toxic chemical suppressants evaporating into our atmosphere, all of which are FLAMMABLE! With the hurricane season at hand, this has to be the worst catasrophe in the world. With all those elements combined, a jet in the sky could set off an explosion, or perhaps even a lightning strike could create some amazing effects in our skies over the next several months. We are all breathing these toxics into our lungs. Do not be surprised to see some thalydamide type births in our future as well. Thats if we live that long to see.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
FYI.

A quick Twitter search pulled up tons of tweets of residents on the Gulf, who say the smell of oil/gas is overpowering.

Relocation of people is starting to sound less and less incredible now.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Has the British government spoke up and said anything about this mess? I mean it is a British company as well as the 4th largest company in the world. I guess they feel it's just America let them handle our screw up.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Has the oil stopped ?

It hasn't been stopped and there is another leak about 20-22 miles away or so which was caused by the blowout most probably.

They stopped pumping mud because the blowout kept pushing it back out. They haven't stopped the leak.

Can you confirm this with a link please?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Has the oil stopped ?

Can you confirm this with a link please?

There is NOT another leak!

He is getting this idea from a thread this morning who's title was misleading. It has since been changed.

The "leak" was really a new, massive, oil plume that was discovered. Still not good.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
When a plane crashes and 300 people die, we don't shut down the airlines. I'm not trying to minimize the effects of this oil leak, but the over reaction of the Obama administration by ceasing all drilling is frightening.

If a plane crash completely destroyed the gulf of mexico, and then proceeded to destroy the livelihood, crops, wildlife, and population of at least 5 other states, Im sure we might start cancelling more of those flights.

But in my eyes, this is being allowed to happen, so that even the most ardent company man will go pale white with shock, and, having looked the Grim Reaper in the eye and lived to tell the tale, will willingly "Go Green" ASAP.

This would allow the introduction of withheld technology, creating millions of new jobs in this time of depression, ushering in an age of prosperity never seen before, and making everyone forget the bad times......allowing the elites to continue to fleece us for another hundred years until there is an antimatter implosion that destroys Australia or something, and the cycle repeats.

Did I forget to mention that WW4 is in the mix there somewhere, probably on US soil?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Trust me dudes , It wont get that bad ...Anyways I plan on going to the gulf of mexico in 2 weeks to do some fishing with a friend .

I will let you all know how it looks out there when I return .

Can anyone say party like a rock star ?
Boat ocean and lots of woman ..No oil can make that bad ...

Anyways I just want to know if the oil is stopped. It wont change my plans if it has not , I just was asking

Wow....can I have some of the Koolaid youre drinking?
I want to be around when the guy from Minnesota shows up with his sun tan lotion and his 6 pack, asking "Where is the party, dudes?" while all the natives are pooping in their pants in fear.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

There are enough accidents happening on the roads for you to want no stop signs in cities...

In EVERY society where there are people, there are need for laws.

Yes some laws are bad, but still without laws there would be only chaos. You would be most probably raped, and who knows what could happen to your son if there were no laws.

Even the ancient people, native Americans, etc, had their own laws and rules, as well as morals which were imparted from generation to generation.

No law = chaos

I am amazed that you are a grown up and you don't seem to understand this.

Your first line shows you either have no reading comprehension or dont understand the use of metaphors.

You take her post to a far off extreme she had no intention of visiting.

You misrepresented her words and her intention. You should edit that and remove it. If it is not an ironic or joke reply, it is a deliberate misinformation. Maybe her post hit a little too close to home?

edited because i was so wowed

[edit on 28-5-2010 by aching_knuckles]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join