It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Raining Oil In Florida? This Is Just The Beginning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Is It Raining Oil In Florida? This Is Just The Beginning

www.sott.net

Oil is semi-volatile, which means that it can evaporate into the air and create a heavy vapor that stays near the ground -- in the human breathing zone. When winds whip up oily sea water, the spray contains tiny droplets -- basically a fume -- of oil, which are small enough to be inhaled deep into the lungs. We know that's happening in the Gulf Coast, because people are reporting a heavy oily smell in the air. Already my colleagues in Louisiana are reporting that people in the coastal community of Venice, Louisiana are suffering from nausea, vomiting, headaches, and difficulty breathing.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/27/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I saw someone mention this on another ATS forum, so looked it up myself and what do you know, found something about it. This, along with whatever could happen during hurricane season and the second oil leak don't make things sound very good at all.

In the worst case scenario, I could see quite a lot of the ocean turning black with oil and then the oil and fumes being washed inland during both hurricane season and from normal rains.

www.sott.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/27/2010 by semperfortis]

+1 more 
posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What a way to go, accumulation of toxic oil droplets blocking up the lungs.

It was bad enough the wild-life suffering this fate.

But not to worry, the rich will be outa there fast, and the poor are less important than oil coated seagulls ...in the eyes of TPTB.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

The fallout from this disaster is going to be Biblical!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Check out some of the threads on methane hydrate that are coming out of the well at 300:1 per gallon of oil. It stays submerged at deep sea temp and pressures but when it inevitably reaches shallower warmer waters it melts and expands drastically.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Wow now this sounds really bad. But it makes a lot of sense.

I do not know what the chemistry of oil and it's ability to evaporate is though.

I can totally see how it can be caught up in the mist though as the ocean is sloshing around. So yes for coastal areas it could actually get in the air and in their lungs possibly. Simply by catching a ride on water mist particles.

I wonder what legal liability will be if this actually is happening.

Oh and when hurricane season gets going, it will really start to kick stuff up into the air...

Yikes!

I expect something like this to go directly under the rug, but with the widespread capacity of this, it could really spiral out of control over the next few months...

I would like to hear some oil chemistry facts; to help me better make up my mind.

If this is even half true it's real crazy. And frightening.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If you get oil into your lungs, I don't think there is anything anyone can do about it. You just will die.

I remember a story of a mother who had a baby that was playing with a bottle of mineral oil. She walked over and was like "What are you doing!" and she screamed this. The baby was startled and had the bottle next to his mouth and this caused him to breathe in some of the oil. He died and there was nothing they could do about it to get the oil from his lungs. I mean, she took him to the hospital but they said there is just nothing that they can do to get oil from lungs.

The she always blamed herself because if he had simply drunk some oil it might have made him have loose stool but would not have killed him. If she had not startled him, he would not have breathed it.

A sad story and it proves if people breathe some, they are just going to die.

In this case, it took the baby two weeks to die. His parents just had to watch him die and there was nothing anyone could do.

Baby oil is a by product of crude oil, but anyway, you don't want to be breathing any oil into your lungs at all. Unless you want to die slowly.

au.news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I wonder if this could get into the food supply chain of coastal cropland.

Reference: Black Rain - Toxic fumes from Jaipur oil fire harming crops

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What's happen if that oils are ignited when they are in the atmosphere?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon

What's happen if that oils are ignited when they are in the atmosphere?

It would proably get into the jetstream and circulate the planet.

Chemtrails?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Please respond on my post. It could be directly related to this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Holy Crap..
I live on the Gulf Coast and they are saying a crazy large plume is coming towards my town.
On top of that we're about to enter into Hurricane season and I'm already tired of boarding the house up and dealing without power for weeks.. but it's few and far in between.

But if a hurricane hits with this # floating around in the air then not only is the coast screwed, but it would destroy the mainland if it hit after sucking oil up. Also with the pressure, it would most likely suck up larger globs..

Water spouts filled with oil could ravage areas etc.. water spouts abound around hurricanes that go on shore.

Every tree, blade of grass etc could be covered for miles.. sometimes Hurricanes can go up several states.

Wow.. my life has been depressing enough lately without the possibility of everyone's life around me being destroyed.

b

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
One tiger shark actting up..they didn't know if it was oil related...still interesting that an 11-foot tiger shark comes right to the beach belly up.
www.heraldtribune.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I am really starting to freak out about the possibility of this oil coming mainland by rain or hurricane. I wonder if there are any experts that can comment on whether this is likely or not?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
federal weather experts Thursday predicted a busy hurricane season this year, they also said hurricanes could help disperse the oil slicks plaguing the Gulf of Mexico.

www.washingtonpost.com...

They say it will help with natural biodegradtion but I agree with OP, it seems to me it would just be spread around more.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr
federal weather experts Thursday predicted a busy hurricane season this year, they also said hurricanes could help disperse the oil slicks plaguing the Gulf of Mexico.

www.washingtonpost.com...

They say it will help with natural biodegradtion but I agree with OP, it seems to me it would just be spread around more.

So even if it is the case (dispersal by hurrican) wouldn't that just mean that the content of the worlds oceans (more or less concentrated around U.S.) would just have a slightly higher oil content. I mean, throwing the oil around with water and wind wouldn't make it disappear.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
...oil comes inland via hurricane...

...over the course of one hot and heavy summer week, vapors form...

...lightning strikes...

BOOOM!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Seriously though, there's going to be oil in the air with the potential to kill thousands. Isn't about time for America to admit the Oil Corporations are completely out of control. I like how the only thing that's come of this is BP throwing a few million to the Gulf Coast states. No arrests, no government scrutiny, no loss of careers, just the decimation of an entire region of the country and the possibility of a lot of death. I love this country.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well....Time to call the aliens.....

x.x or we are all $hit out of luck...

oh wait......I wonder what the aliens in their ships near the sun are thinking....

www.cnn.com...

Live stream video of the spill. Found it on ATS somewhere and don't remember, wish i could give credit to him. He has a Jesus Avatar, but the link is thanks to a congressman or someone.

...Time for a new planet...

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
What a way to go, accumulation of toxic oil droplets blocking up the lungs.

It was bad enough the wild-life suffering this fate.

But not to worry, the rich will be outa there fast, and the poor are less important than oil coated seagulls ...in the eyes of TPTB.

I'm guessing the rich have put the house on market, and left? There's a bit of a blackout on how this affects real estate. Let's just say that no one's talking about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join