It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graphic Video; Matador Gored through the throat during bullfight.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by JROMO303

I agree - ugh, circuses are horrible.

And don't even start me on clowns.

Is there anyone in their right mind who actually likes clowns?

I'd have to say that ever since I saw "Killer Klowns from Outer Space" It has become one of my favorite films.

Youtube Video - Killer Klowns From Outer Space
-------------------------------------------------------------

And yeah circus's are bad. The way they mistreat elephants, and take poor care of the animals is terrible.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Oozii]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
What I think is most disappointing is that bullfights are no sport, but a spectacle where people who claim to love their pets watch the corrida paying attention only to the matador's skills and "art" and ignoring the animal suffering.

I wish the bullfighting be immediately suppresed, which will happen sooner or later. In the meantime, activists are fighting to stop this barbaric spectacles.

Signature
Cuando a los tontos no les interesan ya las tonterías, descubren que pueden hacer maldades, que ellos no llaman así, sino "aficiones".

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii
Also forgot to post this. Found it while looking for types of bulls used in these fights.

ART AND CULTURE

The Bullfighting Industry claims
’Bullfighting is an art of universal character, represented by painters, musicians, sculptors and writers: Goya, Sorolla, Picasso, Orson Welles, Góngora, Quevedo, Benavente, Lorca, Machado, Alberti, Vargas Llosa, Hemingway and Ortega and Gasset. It is “The World’s most cultural ‘fiesta’”.’

The facts are:

Bullfighting takes place in only nine countries around the world. A considerable number of countries have banned bullfighting by law, e.g. Argentina, Canada, Cuba, Denmark, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. There are even certain regions within the bullfighting countries that have abolished bullfighting; e.g. The Canary Islands in Spain, and most of France.

Bullfighting-Free Europe

Check it out really good info on that site.
It also contains Seminar audio held in the European Parliament from 2008
Concerning issues having todo with bullfighting.

They're located at the bottom of the website.

@ceman43; Check out this website.

I doubt we'll see bullfighting stop soon. Maybe regulations would be inplace, So the Matador is not allowed to wound the animal.

But I could be wrong.

Nonetheless, hurting animals is never right and shouldnt be done for peoples amusment.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Oozii]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Thank you Oozii for the reply. Maybe you don't know that in Catalonia is now being discussed at the Regional parliament the suppression of bullfights. I hope they are soon banned.
In any case, the new generations are generally against, what moves the huge amounts of money is the tourists who want to see at least one, and maybe then get out of the arena horrified, as well as the older people. The matadors get lots and lots of money for their performances.

Regards.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Ever hear the phrase
"sometimes you get the bull,
sometimes the bull gets you"

I see it as Karma myself.

I only feel bad for the bull.

In the United States, we put people in jail for animal cruelty, not write them big checks !

[edit on 31-5-2010 by jfj123]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
that bull should have killed him. yes. paybacks a bitch!!
so disappointed with the bull not finishing the job but well done!!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ceman43

Thanks for telling me about this.

Just searched it up, This is from an article in Jan 3, 2010.

Animal rights groups amassed 180,000 signatures for a petition so that the vote could go ahead in Catalonia – more than three times the required minimum – but even the lobby's top activists are not sure how quickly the ban could extend to the rest of Spain.

The decision was so controversial that some deputies hunched over their desks to hide their fingers from photographers as they punched in their votes. After a narrow initial victory for the abolitionists – 67 in favour and 59 against – the law could become effective as soon as May.

Source

May is just about over. I'll try to find a more recent article.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

"...mediante la modificación de la ley de protección de los animales, a la espera de que se produzca la votación definitiva del pleno de la cámara catalana.

Dicha votación podría darse durante el próximo pleno del 9 de junio, tal y como está previsto de manera provisional en el orden del día. A pesar de ello, el trámite podría posponerse un máximo de un mes si alguno de los grupos decide llevar el proyecto de ley al Consejo de Garantías Estatutarias, lo que retrasaría el paso final hasta posiblemente el último pleno antes de las vacaciones, el 14 y 15 de julio..."

Those are the most recent news. Let's trust this will be the start of the end of bullfights.

Thank you and regards.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sorry, I didn’t translate it:

“...by changing the animals protection law, waiting for the definitive ballot in the Catalonian full chamber.

Such ballot could take place during next full session on June 9, such as anticipated in the agenda. Although the procedure could be postponed at most one month if any of the groups decide to take the law project to the Guarantee Statutary Court, what would differ the final step until possibly the last full session before vacations, on July 14 and 15...”

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Definitely got what he deserved.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join