It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* BP has NEVER shown us the main leak! Until now...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The feeds show mud blowing out of the holes hard and fast. That means the pressure has not been stopped . They can not seal it off until the pressure calms down ? am I right or wrong ?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Dumb question looking at those schematics of the BOP a few posts up - why doesn't the BOP just have 3 or 4 giant manual "crank" valves at various points along the main channel? In a worse case scenario (like the one we have now) they could send down a remotely operated submersible to crank a valve below the crack/leak and turn off the tap, as it were. Why no "off" switches on this giant thing they plunk down on top of the wellhead?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
My live feed just went pffftttt. Been watchinthis one:

mms://a246.l9789246245.c97892.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/246/97892/v0001/reflector:46245

And it came back on. Blowing sh*t everywhere.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by KANE OG]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
who's got the hour by hour time lapse?
where is monkeyfister or bat#? oh yeah different board.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What really makes me cross is the complete disdain that BP is showing in terms of what we can see. Yep they were forced to provide live feed of their attempt to cap the riser, but I've noticed that as soon as things get interesting with the movements of machinery, they send the ROV to monitor the oil plume, which is all we get to see. They're honouring the broad brushstroke of the directive, but certainly not the spirit. They're pretty damned determined not to let too many eyes keep track of what they're actually doing, aren't they? As if, in terms of public opinion, they have anything to lose right now!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If I were in the Obama administration I would pay BP to keep this leak going, with millions captivated with this, thousands staring at live feeds for hours and hours it would be a good opportunity to make some radical moves.

link   
reply to post by AndersonLee

What BP is currently doing is pushing mud in both directions. This is there only option because the BOP was damaged before the spill which is what lead to the spill in the first place.

The rumor of the BOP being cracked is silly, because it's quite obvious that the BOP was damaged before the spill, this is old news and is not a rumor. There is a damn hole at the top duh.

But now BP actually needs the pressure from the mud to spew out the top to plug it with junk.

If there were no pressure there would be no spill.

Once the top of the BOP is plugged thanks to the mud once spewing out the top but now plugged then the mud can pressure it's way down the well hole to counter the oil flow pressure then they can add cement to permanently plug the hole.

Hope that helps.

there a lot of problem with this plan but it's still a good one, a lot of things can go wrong or make things even worse so who knows.

link   
reply to post by AndersonLee

I believe that is the drilling mud they are pumping down you are seeing. You will see that until the pumps shut off and quite pumping. I belive since we are not seeing anymore dark oil coming out it may mean they have at least stopped the oil from flowing out.....and now are just battling the oils pressure and pushing the mud down....wont know if it worked till the mud pumps shut off.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
If I were in the Obama administration I would pay BP to keep this leak going, with millions captivated with this, thousands staring at live feeds for hours and hours it would be a good opportunity to make some radical moves.

Agreed. While we're all glued to this feed, we're not off scrutinising the hijinks of our respective Governments in terms of their economic performance or their war plans. Talk about bread and circuses! (insert senior government bureaucrat sarcasm) - "Give them a pacifier to suck on, let them think they're involved with this massive environmental disaster, and they won't demand answers on anything else we're doing. Oh and make sure they get their social security handout this week to buy more beer." (close sarcasm)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Naw, because regardless of how he thinks about us lowlifes, we *can think of more than one thing at a time.

Really.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Just as an FYI, I think the poster was inferring the damage was in a different part of the BOP, not the top of it, that was a given. It was insinuated it was a new development after the top kill started.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm wondering if this will prove my thought that oil has an unlimited supply?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by White Locust]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yes i understand that in the live feed they have been focusing completely on the pipe flow.

This was mostly because this is where the black stuff was coming out and because they had a 4 inch pipe sucking out out of that spot too.

But as you can see in this video the main well flow was no secret.

BOP

It's from a week ago.

They also had a smaller leak that they caped.

I do wonder why there is no black stuff coming out of the old BOP flow footage?

But again I want to see the pipe flow again to see whats happening on that side, we can't even see if black oil is still cumming out from this BOP live stream which sucks.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

word. duh. etc but cmon, aint it just comfortable to relax while it bleeds? american idol is on tonight....

*more of that bostonsarcasm.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Oh sorry lol.

I think we would be able to see the flow from the crack tho right?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGKONG

Not sure about that. What if the oil is getting mixed up with the MUD and making its density/viscosity lighter. How much of this stuff (MUD) they have? Do they have enough for 3, 4, 5 days in case the estimated 2 days was wrong?
Also, how do you plug a hole with so much pressure? It's just like sand blasting only using MUD instead of sand.
I can understand plugging an artery where the preasure is lower but at this speed? I dunno. But I'm hoping it'll work.

They got drill in another pipe (if they have not done it already) to reroute/relieved the pressure. Also I'm assuming the end of the riser was capped already, that is why we seeing so much preasure on the riser head.

In any case I sure hope this works.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
As I am a new member, I can not post and make a seperate thread. Perhaps I do not need to. But anyway, there is twittering about it RAINING OIL in Orlando, FL. I would like someone to confirm, if anyone is from there.

www.twitlonger.com...

What you do is look on your car or look on the ground and if it is raining, see if it smells like oil or if it drys up or if it is slimy or leaves a residue of oil.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingIn

Heh,

The funny thing is they have something better then a crank shaft on the pipe.

They have this device called the blowout prevention module (BOP)lol.

That's actually the purpose of the BOP, but the gasket on the BOP was shredded a week before the drilling was even done. And BP knew one of the batteries was faulty on the BOP.

The BOP is a great way to stop and prevent a blow out that would lead to a huge spill, but if you have negligent money hungry, greedy idiots making 1,000,000 dollars a year to be stupid you might end up destroying the gulf of Mexico.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
DAMN!

Look at live feed now.

You can see three different color plums. Not good.

This means you still have Gas and oil plus the mud spewing out the top.

It's not working.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Don't worry. Idol took care of that!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join