It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* BP has NEVER shown us the main leak! Until now...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

My point being did they put all of their efforts into those 'top hats' hoping they'd catch the oil (and make $$), while taking their time on moves like this that would KILL the well (no $$$)???

I believe they were making more money off the oil they were siphoning, then they were spending on the clean up per day. Esp if they were getting 1/5 of the oil.

The top spill makes sense but I am very concerned about the pressure involved with the gusher.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
i just want to say my name is Anderson Lee and I support the marien animals that are in the Atlantic ocean / Gulf of mexico. The oceans are home to millions of sand dollars . I personal feel like the gulf would like its water to turn back to warm clean water.

Will the kill top method work ? who knows...

[edit on 26-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
oh it is gushing now. and most of it is probably methane. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

as for for repressurizing, yes the oil is ejecting at a pressurized rate, but since the "field" v "well" situation has been brought up. Unless the field is refilling at a constant or the methane truly is the problem, something with more viscosity would potentially work, but i do not understand why it would repressurize if there is a mass of semiporous material (shale) for it to filter into.
Maybe this is a field connected to a way deep mantle well? (an artery)
I had recently posted a thread in the most recent alarmist seismic thread, comparing oil to CSF (synovial fluid) for the tectonic plates... if this is a closed system like i previously stated than pressurization would not be a problem we would only replace what we initially tried to grab with mudd or racquet balls...

any elaborations?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Im picturing a barrel...

I'm picturing the barrel open upside down...

im imagining the barrel become filled by that gushing oil...and then releasing when full by then another barrel takes its place.

45 gallon (210 litre) www.smithsofthedean.co.uk...

Now..

*checks leak*

..don't tell me I am exagerrating when I am saying thats filling at least a barrel every 5 seconds, maybe 2 or 1 seconds.

Holy...effing..#.

60seconds times 1 hour(60) times 24 = 86,400

I don't doubt there's over 80,000 barrels a day coming out.

I am definintely convinced 5,000 barrels a day is a load of whack

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
For those glued to watching that spew video feed it could be helpful to take a snapshot every 10 whatever minutes and timestamp it. That would be the way to follow the progress of it... Seeing it close in timelapse would be akin to childbirth.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You know if bush was in power and treated this situation like this he would have been hung by now. I personaly belive bush would have done a much better job with this.

Obama deserves to be empeached (sp?), 5 weeks in and he has done nothing. What kind of president lets a national disaster go like this in his own back yard? I hear everyone bashing BP which I agree with, but what about the lack of action out of our own president. He is too busy out here in cali at fund raisers.

Big deal he is finaly going there on friday.....bush didnt wait 5 weeks to help New Orleans.....This isnt exceptable. What is a president for if not for situations like this?

Oh, and I did vote for Obama....what a disapointment.....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Don't bother voting..you simply play into their game. All masks on the same face my friend. You have to step outside the game, and break the rules..

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGKONG
You know if bush was in power and treated this situation like this he would have been hung by now. I personaly belive bush would have done a much better job with this.

He is losing followers every day. He announced Monday he was going to visit the Gulf on Friday. What? Why wait because you know it will still be spewing on Friday?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The plume on the right back looks worse

The others are definitely gushing more, too. The time stamp also says 20:29 or something close, I watched it change from 19:00. Seems to be a bit of a delay in the footage, no?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JRho900
He is losing followers every day. He announced Monday he was going to visit the Gulf on Friday. What? Why wait because you know it will still be spewing on Friday?

Maybe he's confident it will be plugged by then. Figures he'll do a 20 minute flyover of the aftermath...

[edit on 26-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Originally posted by JRho900

Maybe he's confident it will be plugged by then. Figures he'll do a 20 minute flyover of the aftermath...

[edit on 26-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

Good point. I didn't think of that senario.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGKONG

not to start a political argument, but it isnt POTUS's problem, first off he isnt the president of great britain (they dont have one and it took them longer than we would have given our "PM" to "form a new government" during this entire spill.

secondly, collectively the bush family is guilty of more war crimes than hitler, amin and pol pot put together.

thirdly, fox mulder was usually right. "TRUST NOONE" (or should I say the prop manager for chris carter was usually right.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IandEye
I believe you're right. I looked at it and it appeared to be a bad editing job of a tape-loop, like someone trying to get away with something......

It is a tape-loop. Look at the clock in the bottom right of the screen. It plays for a few seconds and then resets.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Er.. the video from BP's live leak clock just rest back to 20:06?

Are we being shown another loop?!

Bingo! I knew it.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Completely cloudy now with no visibility on the live shot.

Time stamp, 20:11

Any reasons, why? Top kill?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Now somewthing happened, and the time BAM 20:40.

Grrr.. sometimes, I really hate people.

It almost looked like they had some sort of fan on it a few minutes ago.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

The CNN feed seems to have the correct time. Not that that means anything...
www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

On BP the time stamp I see says 20:43....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The timer bumped up like 30 min for me!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join