It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Group Meditation/ Prayer Log...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I invite everyone on ATS to join with us in group meditation. I will not be setting dates, or topics. We will be meditating and logging our experience here. Please read quote below for more information...

Meditation resources;
Learn2meditate.com
Metta
Global Prayer Project
Pranayama

Solfeggio Frequency;
174 HZ - Foundation
285 HZ - Quantum Cognition
396 HZ - Liberation from Fear
417 HZ - Transmutation
528 HZ - Miracle
639 HZ - Intergrating Structures
741 HZ - Conscious Expansion
852 HZ - Awaking Intution
963 HZ - Numinous Accord

There is something to consider when setting a date that hasn't been brought up. I would not set it at a specific time, that has to be tapped into at one moment. I would set it to be one hour that weekend, or in this case, perhaps a two day span for global timezones, and perhaps to have a little accountability, to have everyone post when they had done this, the time and what they focused on , and of course, some may have an interesting result too.

Because, time is illusion, we are truly in "no time"and the only clock that ticks is the one in our heads. Because of this, the session is more like a file in a computer, like wordpad, for example, and everyone contributing is like and addendum, adding paragraphs to the file, and pressing save. The document is not complete until everyones contributed. Of course someone may find this thread and contribute a week or so later and even then add it on, so the energy can only increase, not decrease over "time", or shared. The weekend would be the target date though, so the focus would be culmative in any case.
- Unity_99

Topics of interests(examples);

Inner peace
Chakras
Love and compassion
World peace
Evolution
Lovingkindness
Unity
Faith(any religion, or faith you may have)

Please do not let your faith deter you from joining in a collective prayer/meditation, may you let it be your guide.

Christanity
Buddhism
Hinduism
Muslim/Islam
Judaism

Everything I have post is simply a guide, not a choice.

P.S. - If you would like to add something in I may have forgotten, please do.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by onequestion]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
First meditation! haha

Observation of my breath and many thanks. for about 10 minutes.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I applaud your efforts. Not for me (not now anyway) but I do appreciate the concept and understand why people do it and have heard only positive results.

For me, just being alone is what I find most useful. I seem to be able to reach various levels of ..... well being.

Good luck and again, good work.

(I didn't save this tread to my favorites for future useage
)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Heck I will play.

Last night I guided my wife through a meditation with a touch of energy work. What I do is very intimate and emotion-based. Bear in mind none of this was sexual merely intimate. Essentially it is like passing currents through the other. I know some may not believe what I do and that is totally fine. It works for us. ((hmm….thread idea…))

After breathing and some guided envisioning I put my hand under her back and the other hand over (but not touching) and share energy basically. Took us all of 15 minutes and I maintain that it went so well because she is so receptive as opposed to me being some powerful witch…which I am not

Once I was done I did my own for 7-8 minutes I think. Deep breathing and muscle tensing/relaxing.

-Kyo

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I sat up in bed meditating for about 30 minutes last night. I was slowing my thoughts, but my mind was not all the way quiet. I meditated on various things, perceptions perhaps and mental feelings, then I got to meditating on awareness of awareness. A picture of two mirrors facing eachother popped into my mind. I went with that for a while, also into how they reflected eachother into infinity. Then I said in my head like a mantra, "You are not (Name)" That was for some reason hard to swallow, that I was not the label given to me. I later came up with a joke. "I am not who they say I am, and neither are you."

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Novise]

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Novise]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I woke this morning from a dream of a wonderful friendship between myself and a young lady that took place inside a bigger story. I wanted to meditate on friendship and that feeling, and I did for 15 minutes.

I started out meditating on some Buddhist type things, like the co-dependent nature/arising of all things. Then I took some deep fast breaths, then some slower breaths and flowed energy/awareness through my legs and each part of my body. I got really relaxed and my mind more quiet than it's been in a long time. I told myself again you are not (name). I began to meditate on that feeling of friendship, and what I felt in the dream with my friend. I said to myself, "You are not (name), she is not (name)" Even the idea of friendship is a label. This gave me a feeling of peace, and things only got better.

The Christian ideal of Agape love came into focus, brotherly love. I went with that for a while. Then my mind went into a totally quiet state of contentment with where I was and what was arising, that didn't have much to do with what I was doing before. Then I realized I was doing it, and couldn't get back to it after that.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
30 minutes of sitting meditation this morning after waking up. If you want details read further. I'm surprised just a few have posted on this. I thought it was a great idea. It will help us in leading up to the times when we try to do the group meditations more directly and I wish more would share theirs.

This morning I meditated after waking up for the day. I spent 30 minutes doing much the same as I have the past two times. I really just started meditating again recently. It takes me a while to get really relaxed in the meditation. Though I'm sitting a long time, the parts where I'm really relaxed (mentally or physically) come and go.

Soon after beginning, deep breaths then slow breaths, I felt as if I were on the middle path. I said to myself, "here is the middle path, it gives you no reason to be on it, it's quite neutral, you'll have to stay on it yourself." I had a craving to stop meditating and start my day. But I knew there was more I could do. I focused on letting go of desire. Then I tried to be simply in the moment. That's when I became aware of just how badly I had been into the future and past lately. With the understanding that both were an illusion, I continued.

The present moment seemed bigger somehow, I almost felt it was an illusion, that my perception of it was taking up too much room. It couldn't possibly be that big. I said to myself, "Be content with myself, where I am, and what is arising." The present moment is arising with me, it's not just me standing there watching it. We are both happening at the same time, arising at the same time.

(I took this idea from a biography on the Buddha) Water, fire, earth, air, all of these do not judge as they carry out their actions. Water flows without worry, fire burns without judgement, when you sit on the earth it accepts you no matter who you are. I meditated towards this trying to still my mind. I ended the meditation by bowing three times and opened my eyes.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Walked to the beach and sat down on a log down by the water. While i was sitting on the log i stared at the horizon. I took in deep breaths slowly focusing my eyes on the horizon. My eyes would shimmer and i would see a slightly different formation at the end of the horizon. I did this for about 15 minutes. After this i worked on just observing the beach slowly with my eyes and hands while taking in deep breaths, looking at every wave and every grain of sand.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
20 minutes sitting meditation this morning. Started focusing on how I arise along with the moment, not just watching it. Then I focused on elements, like the air I was breathing. I decided I was trying too hard and to stop trying to do the element thing. My mind was quiet but I didn't quite feel right. I decided to count to 30 and get up. But the counting begain to give me such a feeling that was on par with anything I've ever felt in a (lucid) dream. It was like warmth without the heat. I dwelled in that for a bit longer, then slowly roused myself.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
om mani peme hung
"The jewel is in the lotus"

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Late last night before i went to bed, i put on some binaural beats. I just focus'd on observing my breath, watching and feeling the breath go deeply in and out.

Had some crazy dream about a friend of mines funeral, but he was there, some other dead relatives were there to. Some friends of mine got kicked out and i was walking around trying to figure out what happened. Really wierd.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I sat by an open ground floor window and meditated in the strange way that I tend to today while listening to the rain pouring outside. During this meditation I became aware of an intense sensation of vertigo and falling, and (this is going to sound crazy - fair warning lol) suddenly I felt as though I could "sense" the plants that grow tall just outside my window "reaching" toward me, with the same momentum and sense of being "pulled" as the vertigo and falling sensation had.

An image of a huge abyss or chasm appeared in my mind, and I was precariously leaning toward it, as though about to fall, but I wasn't falling into it. The plants and rain were all being pulled toward it and leaning toward it as well. I felt a sensation of anxiety and dread which is very unusual for my meditations, which are usually filled with peace, feelings of love, connection, and tranquility.

Then a huge clap of thunder that literally shook my building brought me back to normal awareness.

Really weird for me.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Definetly an interesting experience! It sounded like you and the life around you were sensing the thunder about to crash.

And an interesting dream onequestion, probably outside the usual which to me usually says your mind is coming off it's typical train of thought, or has for a moment. That is, unless dreams of funerals are common for you! Seeing the deceased in dreams can really give you some perspective as well.

Since this thread started I had a dream where I saw some people I haven't seen in a long time. I wonder how they would react if we crossed paths. The one I was really worried about gave me a great hug and it was accepting. You just reminded me, thanks! Other than that, my dreams haven't changed much, yesterday I had a non-lucid dream I was at work, ugh (It wasn't fun, work things don't work out too well in dreams so I was making mistakes and making people mad, and it lasted pretty much as long as a dream will). A frustrating experience, but I guess it was worth it for the laugh at the end.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Im going to meditate at 11:00 pm PST if anyone wants to join in.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
There are possibilities that exist in every moment in life where one can literally meditate all the time. Be mindful and absorb every self experience through non bias observation.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Im going to meditate at 11:00 pm PST if anyone wants to join in.

I should still be up. Took a long nap after work today. EST time here.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PositivelyDetermined

I agree. This is something i have been working on for the past 2 months. It is very diffucult for me to slow down and realize everything around me and experience it to its fullest potential. But i will tell you when i do, it is very "lightening". This is the reason i have chosen to only practice in Metta meditations, and breath meditations. They offer a minute to only experience one thing, and one thought at a time.

It is life changing.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Shamanic journeying... about 10 minutes worth. i am going to continue to do this everyday.

i went to an indian shop and played the drum to a group of people sitting around me, then i brought myself out of it.

i am going to log this experience everyday here as well instead of writing it down on a pad of paper. this for me seems more intense, hopefully i can intensify this to become more aware of what is happening in this state(it is like a dream sort of).

i may change my meditation techniques now. i may continue more with the journeying at night, and the breath meditation i am going to excersize during my daily routines when i am able to think of it. i will continue to do metta meditation but at random rather then at a scheduled time as usually done.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I started 5 minutes till 2 PST. I "felt" like you were already there, and others. I was able to focus on my breath more intently, it felt like I was drinking it in. It took me 15 minutes just to get relaxed though. That seems to be the norm for me. Going to start doing relaxation stuff with my muscles first. I felt good after getting relaxed, but I was tired. I tried to focus on the moment arising WITH all of us, and a feeling of compassion for all the ATSers that I can identify with and have inspired me over time. Not trying to vibe love, but to feel it internally. But mostly, it was good breathing, maybe you were helping me shamanically

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Hi all, due to the travesties currently happening in the Gulf of Mexico I feel it is important for everyone to enter some of these mantras into their meditations as often as possible. Thank you Onequestion for helping put this idea together.

May everything in the Gulf of Mexico be protected from the oil,

May everything in the Gulf of Mexico be healed from the oil,

May all the people in the Gulf of Mexico be protected and healed,

May all the animals in the Gulf of Mexico be protected and healed,

May everything in the Gulf of Mexico feel love and compassion,

I love everyone and everything in the Gulf of Mexico,

Please heal and protect the Gulf of Mexico from oil and hurricains

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join