It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Group Meditation/ Prayer Log...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I think the gulf area could use some support to!

Ill jump in tonight with you and share your mantra tonight before bed.

Thanks!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
After doing a morning lovingkindness meditation at around 7am 5/29/10. the thought popped into my head, I wonder if we can slow down the oil leak in the gulf through meditation. So, I googled it to see if anyone had already started. Found it quite fascinating that earlier today someone posted a great meditation to help with the healing in the gulf. thank you, I will be including that this evening. And perhaps, visualizing a slow down in the oil. does cold change viscosity of oil? If I pictured the oil cooling, would it slow down?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by amppeters

At that point and on that level (And all necessary disclaimers that you can't stop an oil leak with thought) I'd say yes the visualization of cooling it would "work" if in your mind you believe cooling the oil would. Scientists could argue on whether that will work in reality, but on the level you are speaking, it's going to come down to what you believe. Either way, the visualization aspect will aid you and help focus your intent.

My perspective on that comes in part from dreaming, but it's along the same lines I think. If in a dream you were lucid and cooled the oil, many things could happen. One is if you believe the cooling will slow the flow, it will. The other is if you don't truly believe it will work, you will just have a lot of cool oil.

Sorry to be longwinded as you probably knew what I was talking about from the start! But I wanted to explain the idea fully.

Lovingkindness meditation, good stuff. that's something I want to look into more.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Novise]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Thats it, teach them commonors how to meditate. Power to the people

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
We mankind need a miracle...and many more miracles in these troubled times...

But let us focus on one issue at a time - baby steps to build up our confidence in our spiritual powers, regardless if one is christian, muslim, jew, hindu, buddhist or atheist(free thinkers)

I had the honour of prayers and meditation support in an experiment conducted here on the earthquake issue. While earthquakes during that period still happened, however, miraculously NO lives were lost! Even with magnitude far greater than previous EQs which thousands of lives were lost.

Was it a success or a failure? I leave it to all to decide. What matters to me is that no precious human lives be lost.

Currently, the gulf oil spill is doing a lot of damages, and its repercussions is yet to be felt around the world and for years to come as Gaia will attempt on her own to maintain back the ecological balance to her oceans.

Let us all, from each corner of Earth, and each different faiths, come together and send our spiritual energies to shut off the oil leaking from that hole, sparing a few minutes each night for 7 nights.

Should there be enough people concerned, our electromagnetic fields may generate enough collective power to do the job, by divine intervention from the faithfuls and energies by those who love our one and only home - Earth.

Let us all join in and be one humanity in this experiment, as Earth rotates and that hole recieves energy bombardment continuously. No one will be forced to take part. It is free and done in private, only a few minutes of your time each night for 7 nights.

May it work. Good luck to all and thanks for reading.

PS: As usual, I will take full responsibility for making this call. Let scorn be heaped upon me and only me, not anyone else should it fail. I will repost this in 7 days time for any one who wishes to do so, if this attempt fails. Failure is mine, but success and credit belongs to those who participated in private. Alone I would not have acheive anything or change anything. Cheers!:-)

[edit on 29-5-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Last night right before bed (3:30 am pst), i chant "om mani padme hum", then i used the lovingkindness meditation for the gulf.

I am thinking, could an earthquake cause the spill to shut off? Is there any fault lines in the area?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Ok, so i have been drinking dilluated peroxide.

Has anyone tried this? Does increased oxygen aid in the assistance of metaphysical techniques such as meditation?

Increased oxygen levels would aid in brain function right?

Mybe i will start a thread on this....

[edit on 29-5-2010 by onequestion]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Cool website i found for anyone in california or nearby...

Meditation Mount

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Last night right before bed (3:30 am pst), i chant "om mani padme hum", then i used the lovingkindness meditation for the gulf.

I am thinking, could an earthquake cause the spill to shut off? Is there any fault lines in the area?

The closest fault lines is the New Madrid Fault lines which are south-midwest and probably to far and not active enough, then there is the cayman island area fault lines that caused the recent Haiti and Honduras EQ's and they are active but again seem to far to have any real effect, although about 200 miles SE of the oil leak there was a 5.9 EQ in 2006. So maybe!

Keep me informed on the peroxide thing, interesting. And thanks for the cali link I may check it out.

pzzz....

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Today i practiced mindfulness at the beach for about 30 - 45 minute.

Later on i spent about 10 to 15 minutes meditating.

During this meditation i observed myself breathing in and out slowly. While breathing in i would think, "I am not my body", upon breathing out i would say, "i am love".

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I will join you in this meditation on the gulf. I'm really surprised this type of disaster has not occured naturally before, i'm willing to believe it has. But the way you put it, that meditation is something I can get involved in. Is all of that about the earthquake meditation posted somewhere?

Also, the oil IS cool. Come to think of it, that deep in the ocean it should be all but freezing. The pressure of the water also is pushing down on it by the tons. So many powerful forces at work in those spots where the oil is leaking.

This weekend I went to many a party and instead of it being great I was misunderstood of course, singled out, etc. Maybe I was a magnet for that, I don't know. I mean we all had a great time, and that's what matters, but yeah there was definetly something amiss. But I'm going to put off the drinking and smoking again, and really really dive headlong into spiritual practice this week. I have posted on the benefits of alcohol to the spiritual life before lol, but i'm trying to go in another direction and have chosen to abstain. It was 3 weeks of no smoking or drinking and I'll mimic that in the coming days, this weekend was too much of a party. Crying shame humanity can't kick it with eachother without being slammed lol.

EDIT: With that said I did think about meditating often during the course of the weekend. I took a nap yesterday and woke up late in the morning when everyone was going to sleep. I had nothing to do but practice contemplation
because there was no TV, no computer, and nobody else awake after I had just woken up. I walked down a gravel road barefoot in the night and I was amazed at how intimately accepting I became of that certain pain. I thought on ascetics and self-mortification. I was walking down it because there is a place that is like a half-acre of bamboo, and I thought it would be neat, like how the Buddha had a retreat at "Bamboo Forest" and I wanted to meditate in there. It was very dark though, lol, and I couldn't find the spot. I was laughing to myself as I walked barefoot through the snake-infested forest, reflecting on all the cowards i'm surrounded by

But that's the best I could do under the circumstances, drama, human circumstance, bleh. I feel already like I'm "back" and look forward to meditating and having YOU guys on my mind, as my source of compassion, or at least my focus. We should also be keeping in mind, the up and coming world cup. That can inspire the world or be a tragedy, who knows what will happen there. But yes, definetly will join in on the oil leak meditation, with some thought for the world cup (It really needs a blessing if it's going to be truly positive, soccer is all but ruined by money etc. these days)

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Novise]

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Novise]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Last night i walked to the beach, took my shoes and socks off, plant myself into the sand.

After that,

I practiced sun gazing for about 10 minutes as the sun set.

Odd occurrence. I had a dream that was teaching me how to interpret dreams. Different. It is hard for me to remember the actual dream, but the message remained clear. At the same time in this dream it mentioned "oh mani padme hum" and i remember "it" saying, oh good keep it up. Dreams are weird huh?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Today -

I went for a long jog on the beach today, during my job i stopped and stared at the sun for a while, then i continued through my jog.

Later more recently i began a meditation by sitting on the couch and relaxing. I was observing my breath, deep in, hold, slowly out. After a few minutes of this i began to slowly chant "oh mani padme hum". I did this for a while, then i began to just breath again.

While meditating i realized that i should not say, "I am". I have to decided to instead just use the verbs. Example: I am love, to, Love and compassion. I will just allow myself to, (be, I am).

Love and compassion.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Add to above post:

I think i realized the importance of not having shoes on for sun gazing today. I seemed a little ungrounded for a while until my energy levels mellowed out. Lets not completely contribute this to that factor yet though.

Edit:

Hopefully more people will log their experiences as a reference point for us here, and for people who would like to mirror their own experience off of someone elses.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by onequestion]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
We mankind need a miracle...and many more miracles in these troubled times...

But let us focus on one issue at a time - baby steps to build up our confidence in our spiritual powers, regardless if one is christian, muslim, jew, hindu, buddhist or atheist(free thinkers)

I had the honour of prayers and meditation support in an experiment conducted here on the earthquake issue. While earthquakes during that period still happened, however, miraculously NO lives were lost! Even with magnitude far greater than previous EQs which thousands of lives were lost.

Was it a success or a failure? I leave it to all to decide. What matters to me is that no precious human lives be lost.

Currently, the gulf oil spill is doing a lot of damages, and its repercussions is yet to be felt around the world and for years to come as Gaia will attempt on her own to maintain back the ecological balance to her oceans.

Let us all, from each corner of Earth, and each different faiths, come together and send our spiritual energies to shut off the oil leaking from that hole, sparing a few minutes each night for 7 nights.

Should there be enough people concerned, our electromagnetic fields may generate enough collective power to do the job, by divine intervention from the faithfuls and energies by those who love our one and only home - Earth.

Let us all join in and be one humanity in this experiment, as Earth rotates and that hole recieves energy bombardment continuously. No one will be forced to take part. It is free and done in private, only a few minutes of your time each night for 7 nights.

May it work. Good luck to all and thanks for reading.

PS: As usual, I will take full responsibility for making this call. Let scorn be heaped upon me and only me, not anyone else should it fail. I will repost this in 7 days time for any one who wishes to do so, if this attempt fails. Failure is mine, but success and credit belongs to those who participated in private. Alone I would not have acheive anything or change anything. Cheers!:-)

It's been one week since I made that call to meditate and pray for the shutting off of oil in the gulf leak.

Had it been shut off?

To be honest, in my opinion - no. According to BP, it is only 40%. Thus I had failed and proven my failure. I had been unable to shut off the oil leak. I am only human, with no super-powers. Failure is mine.

But that does not mean others will not succeed, for there are many more capable people than me, whom are politically, intellectually and spiritually more gifted than I can ever be, if only they allow themselves and have confidence in themselves that they have such gifts, and when combined, can heal and help our world much better than I a mere nobody can.

Some think that an earthquake can destroy and shut off the leak. But such natural forces are hugely unweldly and may cause more havoc than intended. Which was why I dare not call for a one time, same time prayer and meditation, for our electromagnetic fields have not yet be quantified by science, which is still in its infancy. It may be too weak, or it may be too strong, thus my call for separate timings.

Perhaps even our merciful Creator would have not use such powers for the secondary dammages it may cause

After so many weeks of oil spilling out of the well, it is indeed a miracle, more than we can ever hope for that BP or the govt had finally pressured for better measures. And capping that leak at 40% is only temporary.

Once it is safer to do so, we may see the capping increased, and hopefully soon by 90 to 100%. This is what we mankind - from all different beliefs, must pray and meditate for. This is our one and only home and planet, at least for a few more generations to come.

Thanks for your prayers and meditations. Good Luck! :-)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hey I thought I would add this post I made in another thread to this one. It was from: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hey good post OP! I am no meditation guru, but I thought I would add a few techniques that I have found most helpful, for the followers of this thread until the OP gets back. First, meditation is your inherit gift to yourself that everyone is capable of, so no need to spend money, on anything related to meditation. Each persons technique may differ to fit them best, but this technique I am going to describe is that which resembles a beginning Buddhists meditation. Another good technique that I sometimes use is the Ancient Hindu Chakra one, but let me start with the Buddhist one first.

1.Find a comfortable place to sit. (At first the darker and quieter the better, although you don't want total silence)
2.Find a comfortable position to sit. (Doesn't matter how you are sitting, although I recommend Indian style on the floor)
3.Close your eyes.
4.Begin to take deep natural breaths, in through your nose and out through you mouth.
5. Focus on your breaths as they go in and out, notice how they sound and how they feel.
6.Imagine them falling in and out of you. Do not force them. From now on only breath through your nose.
7.Now direct your focus on your body. Find any discomforts or impurities and focus on that area. Analyze how it feels, is it hot, cold, sharp or dull... and imagine the route which the signals are going from that area up to your brain.
8.Begin to detach your mind from these discomforts of your body by telling yourself "this body is only a temporary shell for me so it is not real and these uncomfortable pains or sensations are only an illusion of my mind". Repeat 5-8.
9. Now direct your focus back to your breathing and then begin to notice all the sounds around you and ask yourself these questions. Are some farther away than others? Are some louder than others? Try not to judge the sounds. Don't tell yourself: I don't like that one or that one is too loud, just analyze everything about them, like which direction are the coming from, which direction are they going in. Try to imaging how much of it's sound wave is entering you and how much is going other places.
10. Now again focus on your breathing, how does it sound, how does it feel. Quiet your mind. No more thinking about anything, just be. There is no more such thing as time, there is no more such thing as you.

If at anytime throughout this you begin thinking about other things, just go back to focusing on your breathing and allow those thoughts to clear from your mind. I can run through the Chakra meditation also if anyone wants, although it is more difficult. Anyway, hope that helped someone. Peace!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Today i walked to the beach and practiced sun gazing as the sunset for 10 minutes. On the walk back home i practiced mindfulness and breathing meditation while in action.

One word to describe, "serenity".

[edit on 10-6-2010 by onequestion]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Tonight I just sat here listening to this over an over in a meditative posture. I would just listen and sort of reflect on all the people I know and have known. I don't know the guy in the video, but it's a great video too of pictures.

I didn't really try to meditate, just sat still and let happen what will.

I wrote this after a bit, it's simple and nothing new, but sometimes it takes great things to get us to get the junk out of our lives and remember what's important is actually very easy and simple - and we just can't remember it when we overcomplicate things and live a life of stress.

"I swear to God. If we were to enjoy every day and treat eachother with love, it would not matter how rich we are. Every day would be GOLD! Why can't we see that? Every day, every step. THIS IS WHAT WE ARE CAPABLE OF. This is what is inside of us. Heaven on Earth. Dignity in life. Humanity. There is no higher calling, no greater cause, than for us to make the best of THIS."

Thought I'd share, it was something I was reminded of in meditation.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
^ I like that quote.

Last night I walked to the little bit of woods we have in this part of the city, with no moon it was dark but my eyes soon adjusted. As I walked on a trail, I found a dried up creek with a large flat rock that I sat on and meditated for 30 or so minutes before making my way back out of the woods. It was really amazing. I felt one with all the life that surrounded me. I could hear all the insects making their calls to each other, I could feel all the plant life breathing and at times it was almost like I could see what the birds and other animals were dreaming about. The best part though was the stars, which I could feel watching me and projecting their energy on me. At times it felt like they were asking me to continue to grow my energy until I became a star myself. This weekend I am going to go to the same place and try to meditate until the sun rises, hopefully the mosquito's aren't too bad.

mmm...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

That whole experience sounded awesome. I'd love to join with you in a nightime meditation this weekend. Saturday night, after a World Cup get together, is when I can do it mostly. If you are going to do it friday night, I can meditate late into the night, but not all the way to sunrise. Under funny circumstances, I've once been locked outside late into the night and tried to meditate to pass the time once, time goes by SLOW. It would be quite a feat for you to do this, a bit of warning. Regardless, I'd love to join you in this and try.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join