It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Group Meditation/ Prayer Log...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Cool, sat. sounds good. I've done this before, just never outside in the woods. Time can go by slow when your consciously keeping track of it, but sometimes when I go deep into meditation hours are like minutes.

mmm...

ps Thanks for mentioning/reminding me about the World Cup!

pss. Onequestion, that agoyangyang site is indeed amazingly great, thanks!

[edit on 11-6-2010 by LifeIsEnergy]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

No problem. I found it randomly searching something else.

Second line.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
After listening to a guided metta meditation and using visual stimulation(bright colors), i am going to practice a meditation where i breath in and all of my body breaths, and breath out, and all of my body breaths out. While im doing this im going to smile, and maintain a spiritual presence of love(spiritbody/self). If you know what i mean..

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I just now spent about 5 minutes stretching. After stretching i sat upright with my hands on my knees and began chanting "om madi padme hum".

I could feel my whole body breathing in and out and chanting with my voice. After i stood up, i had a unique sensation of feeling very light headed and almost wobbled.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I was way too tired to meditate by the time I got home last night. Missed that one, sorry! I really like to meditate at night and will before I go to bed tonight.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I am going to do oh mani padme hum again tonight.

I think i am going to practice a metta meditation that targets the earth. She just really feels like she may need it with all this stress going on. Tomarrow afternoon at about 2:30 PST.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Have you started yet? I am going to be meditating in a little while after supper just now. I can focus on the earth too, more specifically maybe the ground and nature. If I miss it I'll just think in terms of continuing where you left off

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Hey man, started a little late.

Here is the mantra i used;

"May the earth be safe and protected, may the oceans be safe and protected, may the land be safe and protected".

As long as you realize that we are meditating together it doesn't matter if its a different time. Just realize we are engaging in prayer for the earth together! I'm sure you already know though.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by onequestion]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ah, well about to start now. I know what ya mean.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I will do it again, i just felt your vibe hit me anyway.

Hey novise i felt a strong sensation "come over" me when right after you post this message.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by onequestion]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
That's really cool! Right after posting I started playing some music to help get me more in the mood. Music has a very strong effect on me, maybe you felt that.

That part went well but My meditation itself didn't go really well. I couldn't concentrate and bugs were biting me. I wondered if in his time the Buddha knew where to go to get away from the bugs or if he just ignored them. Kinda hard to ignore a mosquito sucking your blood for 10 minutes straight

Though when I was outside in this secluded area, I sat up straighter and the sun hit my closed eyes. I saw in my imagination this wonderful green garden and a sort of bridge.

I felt more connected outside, but I just don't really have a good place to go out there.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I think being at harmony has something to do with allowing the bugs to feed off you. Instead of noticing that, acceptance i have hard is the toughest part of "enlovement". Accept the bug feeding off you and whatever other disturbance you be encountering and mybe it will be that much better.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I think being at harmony has something to do with allowing the bugs to feed off you. Instead of noticing that, acceptance i have hard is the toughest part of "enlovement". Accept the bug feeding off you and whatever other disturbance you be encountering and mybe it will be that much better.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I agree with that. I did that to an extent, because I don't think I'm going to try it that way again anytime soon. I could accept a bug on my arm, but I could not handle this swarm in my face dancing in front of me.

If it's during the day from now on I think I'll do some sort of music meditation. At night, it's easier for me to go deeper and I then have more places to meditate outside so that will be good for that.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hey, I feel you on the mosquito's!

Sat. night I did the meditation outside on that rock and it was a real test! The mosquito's were distracting me and after I got passed that, it started raining like crazy! The rain was cool though cuz it kinda made me feel like I was in a different world with a different atmosphere. When the rain slowed down I then had some animal screaming at me like it was going to attack me!
I kept trying to project compassion and harmony out of me onto it and not think about fear, but it started coming closer to me and it was still screaming really loud so I freaked out and jumped up.
It ran away but after that I couldn't meditate no more so I just came back home. Started at around 12:00 and got home around 3:45, so I didn't make it till sunrise like I wanted but I will try again soon!

Anyway, I am about to start meditating now here at home and will try to last until sunrise. My focus will be on healing and strengthening the mind, body and souls of all my friends and family.

mmm...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Yeah it is definetly weird. If I didn't know there was a list of illnesses one can get from mosquito bites, I probably wouldn't care. When you watch one suck your blood for several minutes the direct experience is no big deal, it's that scientific knowledge in the back of your mind that makes you worry.

I'll be meditating into the night as well, not all night, but into it. Sounds very good.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Its been about a week since i have meditate and calmed myself. I am going to take the time to meditate on saturday and sunday for a bit. Feel free to join.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Hey, I have found a wonderful place in a clearing of some woods, on a hill overlooking a great sight of all sorts of nature, where I have been meditating in 10-15 min intervals between reading and contemplating life. I must admit though, bugs (ie mosquitos) really test my patience and have bitten me up pretty bad, I also wonder if bugs were this plentiful during Buddha's time and location?

I would love to join you this weekend.

mmm...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Solfeggio Frequency;
174 HZ - Foundation
285 HZ - Quantum Cognition
396 HZ - Liberation from Fear
417 HZ - Transmutation
528 HZ - Miracle
639 HZ - Intergrating Structures
741 HZ - Conscious Expansion
852 HZ - Awaking Intution
963 HZ - Numinous Accord

These were created by Len Horowitz.
If you believe anything Horowitz tells you you're a fool.
I'm sick of explaining this frauds true nature to people over & over...
just google it.

-B.M

P.S) honestly, don't waste your time with the horowitz stuff, and next time research a bit better maybe...

[edit on 24/6/10 by B.Morrison]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

If it's a place on your property you could by a cheap tent and set it up and sit in there. I'm thinking about doing this. Or maybe getting some sort of mosquito net fixture that you can sit in, I'm thinking about that if I don't get a tent. Only problem is you wont really feel like you are out in nature with a tent, but it is very peaceful regardless to just sit in a tent. That keeps the bugs out, otherwise use bug spray.

I honestly don't think the Buddha would just let the bugs bite him (maybe in his days as an ascetic, but not in his own). In the biography I read, it talked about buffalo herders using smoke to keep the bugs off the water buffaloes. Maybe they used a fire and smoke from straw to get rid of the bugs for themselves, maybe some herbs? It is intuitively unhealthy to let bugs bite at you, whether you know about the diseases they carry. I think they found ways to limit the bug bites.

I'll join in this weekend too. Admittedly not a lot of meditation lately, but my mind is on the world cup, and how people all over the world are watching. I like to focus on the country's people as the games happen, feeling their triumphs and/or pride. They should be proud just to be there. That's just a rational awareness, not some hypersensitive, empathic sort of thing. Just realizing how much this event brings the world together. I guess that can be considered meditative in a way, maybe.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join