It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That irritating Noise

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Before this,when i lived at home of course we had tv,radio,and heard nothing like this,it started when i moved to Tacoma Washington at 17 after my fiance was killed i stayed with my sister and her husband,so why would it start at 17 and continue all through my life

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
On a side note...I find it curious that I identified with the symptoms of the Thread Author and there was no acknowledgment from this individual.

This, I find, to be very confusing...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

i wasn't ignoring your reply,and glad that you can relate to what i hear,don't know much about morse code but can you hear it as you do other sounds

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It seems now that some form of implant could be a possible theory.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

Make an aluminum foil helmet and see if it stops.

3/4 humor

Try to go in a shielded room while it's happening and see if it stops.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I won't be responding further to this thread...no offense but I am skeptical.

I think this is a coordinated test of sorts...

[edit on Sun, 23 May 2010 20:11:57 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

If i knew it would stop the noise believe me i would ,and to the above poster who said go seek mental help,i am far from mental, i state the facts it is not only me who hears this,but others as well so half of us are crazy and the other half have tinnitus,stange

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I have tinnitus , the noise it makes can vary, mine is like a constany high pitched beep/ring , like you get when a grenade goes off too close (and if i pop my ears it makes a crunchy squelchy sound) which is probably a blocked eustacian tube. from the ear to the sinus , throat.
.as you gp to check that out

What causes it is open to debate , from as simple as wax build up..
eardrum damage ( from ear slaps for instance) and even stress related issues

Surgery can be carried out although its effectiveness can be questioned, and indeed latest research does indicate stress as a greater cause than previously thought ...

Just my thoughts

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I have tinnitus too; it started mid October last year

I noticed I can change the pitch and loudness of the noise by doing facial stretches, like jutting my chin out will amplify the noise greatly for a few seconds.

it sux

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonamoose7
I have tinnitus too; it started mid October last year

I noticed I can change the pitch and loudness of the noise by doing facial stretches, like jutting my chin out will amplify the noise greatly for a few seconds.

it sux

yeah same here , eustacian tubes dude, eusatacian tubes,

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
i think you might be able to take the tinfoil helmet thing seriously, it might actually help.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well if it is tinnitus i have had it for a very long time with no confirmation of it from a doctor that it was,i appreciate the feedback and sorry that the mod thought this was a coordinate test of some kind,i did not mean to do harm

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It is very hard if not impossible for a gp to diagnose , you are far better of going to them and sayin "I have tinnitus ,Please help me sort it out , " than wait for them to diagnose it , tbh

perhaps try going and having a few saunas followed by swims to see if that helps with stress and perhaps any debris in your ear?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yes, a swim might actually help

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Are ELF or VLF possibilities? I remember hearing stories about people in the Pacific Northwest experiencing weird symptoms and blamed it on the Navy.

Extremely Low Frequency Wiki

Very Low Frequency Wiki

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

so does that mean i might be here radio frequencies,and i hear them all the time could be,i don't know could be a possible explanantion

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
OP, have been to wilderness? I'm curious as to whether you hear this sound when you are away from all electronics.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

i hear this sound constantly,even away from electronics,i feel i even hear it in my sleep it never goes away,i just try to shut it out and not pay attention to it,wish it would go away

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The hum just got louder here a few days ago. I actually stopped noticing it for months but it is back againand seems to be louder than it was before. No it isn't tinnitus and yes I live in the Pacific Northwest.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

is it just a persistant hum are does it go up and down,high and low sounds,call it a hum,a buzzing are machine noise but it is nerve racking

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join