It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That irritating Noise

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I know it has been discussed here before,but this noise is driving me crazy,started back when i was 17,started hearing morse code sounds,then it changed to high pitch buzzing,now it is a constant machine type noise,it is a internal sound that i hear constantly,i know some say it is tinnitis,but i do not believe so,Are you hearing this?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

nope

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
How long does it last? Is there pain involved? There's a lot of different things that can cause ringing in ears, Tinnitus is just one of em. Allergies, ear wax, altitude changes, large changes in diet, etc.

I'm a bit curious because I have a nontypical ringing in my ears as well. Had it since I was a little kid. A loud ringing sound that dwarfs anything around me, because the ringing comes from inside my head. Comes on strong, stays steady for about 8 seconds, then gradually fades out. It used to be associated with a not-so-subtle change in my consciousness, but I don't get that anymore... just the ringing every few days or so.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Depends how long it lasts, it could be an implant of some sorts.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

It is a constant noise,no pain involved,as i sit here i hear it now,it goes up and down sometimes i can tune it out but it is always there,the only way i can describe it now is you know when a tv program goes off the air and that sound that is what i hear

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
You might have a form of hearing problem, have you seen a doctor about this?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasmine23
I know it has been discussed here before,but this noise is driving me crazy,started back when i was 17,started hearing morse code sounds,then it changed to high pitch buzzing,now it is a constant machine type noise,it is a internal sound that i hear constantly,i know some say it is tinnitis,but i do not believe so,Are you hearing this?

Interesting that you say "Morse Code" sounds...I hear the noise constantly and at times there are tonal fluctuations.

I too doubt tinnitis...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think a good check up on your hearing is needed to rule out anything medical. You mentioned Morse Code at one time, wonder if it is possible you are able to pick up audio transmissions in some way - just a thought. Hope you are soon able to resolve the problem.

BTW the sounds coming from my husbands HAM radio drive me crazy at times too.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueFireWolf

Yes i have he hasn't detected any evidence of hearing problems,and have not been diagnosed with tinnitus,so i am still in the dark,i only started hearing the noises when i was 17.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

I'm a bit curious because I have a nontypical ringing in my ears as well. Had it since I was a little kid. A loud ringing sound that dwarfs anything around me, because the ringing comes from inside my head. Comes on strong, stays steady for about 8 seconds, then gradually fades out. It used to be associated with a not-so-subtle change in my consciousness, but I don't get that anymore... just the ringing every few days or so.

Cool Son of Will, I get this too, maybe twice a week, , my brother hears it the same time as me, if we are together and one of us hears it we will say you hear that, 9 times out of ten we hear it and we both say when it stops.

I always put it down to radio waves/ signal, but who knows doesn't seem to effect me in anyway or my brother for that matter

Remember OP some people can hear low frequencies better then the average Joe, especially children

Wally

edit. i should add that it doesnt just stop it fades away and can happen indoors or outside

[edit on 23-5-2010 by auswally]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
i study psychoacoustics, im pretty sure it's tinnitus.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

Do you have new electronics around?

The reason why I say this, old TV with tubes use to make my ears go crazy when they first initialize.

Just a thought is could be electronic or electricity related.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Zeropoint
i study psychoacoustics, im pretty sure it's tinnitus.

Could you please explain why it is tinnitis and perhaps the cause?

As well, do you have suggestions for the cessation of tinnitis?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueFireWolf

Funny you said implant,the first time i heard the morse code sound i was listening to the radio,i thought it was the radio then turned it off but still heard the noise,that night i went to bed and when i woke up behind my right ear it was itching and burning i ask my sister to look at it and she said it look like two puncture marks,so i don't know what to make of it

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I get this problem too, seems to hit me mainly when I'm in the bathroom doing my business.

I'd guess its because of the silence that I can hear it. Has happened all my rememberd life.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I have meniere's and it causes me to hear lot's of weird things. I learned to control it through diet and exercise.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I would go see a psychiatrist and get evaluated, if I were you. Auditory hallucinations are a symptom of psychotic episodes and affect people differently, some hear voices, others noises or music. Especially if you find it turns critical or negative in any way, medication can help control it if that happens. I used to hear something similar as a child, sounded like a bunch of people at a party talking right outside my door, but all at once so I could not make it out. I have not heard it since I was very little, but I have a history of mental illness in my family so if I heard something like that now, I would definitely go get it checked out. Even if it isn't causing problems for you, a lot of times just knowing is enough to calm down the symptoms. I have anxiety attacks and bipolar. I hate the meds and don't take anything but Ativan occasionally for the panic attacks when they get bad, but knowing the symptoms and understanding my own patterns helps a ton. Hope this helps.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with your hearing. Do not attempt to adjust the sound. We are controlling the transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the bass. We will control the treble. We can roll the sound, make it flutter. We can change the pitch to a soft buzz or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your hearing. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner ear to... The Outer Limits.

Go see a doctor, dude.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by The Patriot]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
ive never had this problem myself,but a lad i was in basic with complained of it all the time,there was no medical reason for it.i served with him for a year after basic and he wasnt nuts.strange thing

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Diet has a huge affect on my tinnitus. Every person has different triggers so you just have to watch what you eat and monitor the effects for a consistent pattern.
Salt causes my tinnitus to flare up very quickly. They claim caffeine and nicotine irritate the condition, but I have never noticed a difference.
Exercising regularly, I do yoga and tai chi has a positive effect of minimizing symptoms.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join