It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5/22/2010 Crop Circle Encrypted message (Need Help)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I did not see any posts on this and did a quick search.

Can anyone decypher what this says? It appears to be some kind of communication obviously.

Lets try and crack it!!

Source

-Kdial1

[edit on 22-5-2010 by kdial1]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
well i'm no expert but that pie is divided into twelve slices. and due to the cyclical nature of time it makes me think of a calender. i have no idea what the dashes could be though. great post i hope you find what you're looking for

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It's an interesting circle, and might well contain a message.

My initial thought is that it resembled a vinyl record, albeit a very crude representation of one.

However, as already pointed out it is divided up evenly, and the markings could be mathematical in nature.

I'm no expert, and cannot offer anything other than suggestions.

Although, I'm sure someone will give us an answer soon.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
"crop circles are fake" "2 guys make them with 2x4's" ... heard it all before, so who is making them? there must be some worldwide CROP CIRCLE UNIVERSITY or CROP CIRCLE TEMP AGENCY.. could a group of rich kids fly around the world doing this kinda like tp'ing a house? are they govt operators playing with space lazers? the cia?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Another binary code maybe like the Gray Alien withbinary disc?

Either that or a calander like the poster above sais. intresting anyway.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
"crop circles are fake" "2 guys make them with 2x4's" ... heard it all before, so who is making them? there must be some worldwide CROP CIRCLE UNIVERSITY or CROP CIRCLE TEMP AGENCY.. could a group of rich kids fly around the world doing this kinda like tp'ing a house? are they govt operators playing with space lazers? the cia?

Here's a start:

www.wccsg.com...

circlemakers.org...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
looks binary to me. i doubt the aliens would use our random calendar system. There are 12 cranial nerves in the human brain so maybe its related to that but I'm thinking just binary.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
um....

ahh never mind

nice CC

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacktherer
well i'm no expert but that pie is divided into twelve slices. and due to the cyclical nature of time it makes me think of a calender. i have no idea what the dashes could be though. great post i hope you find what you're looking for

with that said...

looks like the dashes devised in the I CHING.

no idea whats encoded though.

+8 more 
posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Reminds me of the I-Ching

Crop circles have been around for hundreds of years. Are some small groups of people hand-making some? yes of course, they have websites to prove it. Does that mean ALL crop circles, for the whole of existence are fake?? you have a small mind if you think a few guys doing this "proves" they're all fake.

I especially like how, apparently, those crop circle F@CKERS sometimes use tools that leave a higher level of electromagnetic radiation...

Oops... did I spell fakers wrong??

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Okay my husband who has drunk beer today says to me "Obama got on the news about this crop circle and said it was morse code regarding the oil slick and how the aliens contacted him and said they are going to come down here and fix it because they are very angry and concerned." Ha!
I don't think I believe him he doesn't tell the truth always.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
Reminds me of the I-Ching

Crop circles have been around for hundreds of years. Are some small groups of people hand-making some? yes of course, they have websites to prove it. Does that mean ALL crop circles, for the whole of existence are fake?? you have a small mind if you think a few guys doing this "proves" they're all fake.

I especially like how, apparently, those crop circle F@CKERS sometimes use tools that leave a higher level of electromagnetic radiation...

Oops... did I spell fakers wrong??

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Thermo Klein]

Started off with a false premise. Crop circles started in the 70s.

There were actual circles in crops that date back hundreds of years, but that's probably the easiest design possible. Put a stake in the ground, tie a string, and keep it taut as you walk in a circle. There you go, perfect circle.

But the actual phenomenon of complex designs started in the 70s. And then the designs gradually got more and more complex. In your premise, that means the aliens started off with a level of expertise below that of common pub dwellers. I don't think so.

link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

if you think a few guys doing this "proves" they're all fake.

So aliens travel thousands of light years to leave their imprints on crop fields even though none of their messages ever make any sense, and all other crop circle makers are fakers?

They all seem fairly real from these pictures, whoever made them.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by john124]

link   
reply to post by frugal

Don't know your husband, but I like the guy already!

link   
reply to post by kdial1

1) People did this and its probably in a wheat field so perhaps its a cornflasks competition.

2) Could it be a musical disk that when manufactured and is played sounds like the music played to the space ship in encounters of the third kind

3) 12 segments so that's 30degs apart, 2 x 8 bits per segment = 16 bits subtotal 256/segment total 3072

Nope sorry I'm all out of ideas at the moment

MJ2

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Twelve is a composite number, the smallest number with exactly six divisors, its proper divisors being 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6. Twelve is also a highly composite number, the next one being 24. It is the first composite number of the form p2q; a square-prime, and also the first member of the (p2) family in this form. 12 has an aliquot sum of 16 (133% in abundance). Accordingly, 12 is the first abundant number (in fact a superabundant number) and demonstrates an 8 member aliquot sequence; [12,16,15,9,4,3,1,0] 12 is the 3rd composite number in the 3-aliquot tree. The only number which has 12 as its aliquot sum is the square 121. Only 2 other square primes are abundant (18 and 20).

Twelve is a sublime number, a number that has a perfect number of divisors, and the sum of its divisors is also a perfect number. Since there is a subset of 12's proper divisors that add up to 12 (all of them but with 4 excluded), 12 is a semiperfect number.

If an odd perfect number is of the form 12k + 1, it has at least twelve distinct prime factors.

Twelve is a superfactorial, being the product of the first three factorials. Twelve being the product of three and four, the first four positive integers show up in the equation 12 = 3 × 4, which can be continued with the equation 56 = 7 × 8.

Twelve is the ninth Perrin number, preceded in the sequence by 5, 7, 10, and also appears in the Padovan sequence, preceded by the terms 5, 7, 9 (it is the sum of the first two of these). It is the fourth Pell number, preceded in the sequence by 2 and 5 (it is the sum of the former plus twice the latter).

A twelve-sided polygon is a dodecagon. A twelve-faced polyhedron is a dodecahedron. Regular cubes and octahedrons both have 12 edges, while regular icosahedrons have 12 vertices. Twelve is a pentagonal number. The densest three-dimensional lattice sphere packing has each sphere touching 12 others, and this is almost certainly true for any arrangement of spheres (the Kepler conjecture). Twelve is also the kissing number in three dimensions.

Twelve is the smallest weight for which a cusp form exists. This cusp form is the discriminant Δ(q) whose Fourier coefficients are given by the Ramanujan τ-function and which is (up to a constant multiplier) the 24th power of the Dedekind eta function. This fact is related to a constellation of interesting appearances of the number twelve in mathematics ranging from the value of the Riemann zeta function function at -1 i.e. ζ(-1)=-1/12, the fact that the abelianization of SL(2,Z) has twelve elements, and even the properties of lattice polygons.

There are twelve Jacobian elliptic functions and twelve cubic distance-transitive graphs.

The duodecimal system (1210 [twelve] = 1012), which is the use of 12 as a division factor for many ancient and medieval weights and measures, including hours, probably originates from Mesopotamia.

In base thirteen and higher bases (such as hexadecimal), twelve is represented as C. In base 10, the number 12 is a Harshad number.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...(number)

I guess the point here is that each number, particularly the number of "slices" could have a whole host of possiblities and we won't know until we can look at the relation of the number of "slices" to the numbers in each "slice", which I will do as soon as my children head off to bed tonight. Just from the fact that this is in a division of 12, I think it could be fairly easy to read something into this alleged code, though I could be completely off-base here. My first guess is that it is binary code, though it would have to either be a very small message or some numerical message, suggesting intelligence if encoded in binary. I guess we'll see.

--airspoon

[edit on 23-5-2010 by airspoon]

+10 more 
posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
this might help...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ec1e3502980.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I was originally thinking i-ching also, but the i-ching is segmented lines and solid lines grouped on top of each other in certain order. This does not seem to have any solid lines at all, so the i-ching seems out. Great post though for all us puzzle solvers.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Trinity9603

No you're right!

Maybe it's the modified alien version of the ching

Either way, this circle doesnt seem to intimidate me, so my
guess is we should be receiving some really good info on
what this circle represents and means.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
First off - S & F for the OP.

Some interesting finds at first glance:

1. Each "spoke" of the wheel contains 8 arc segments.

2. There are 12 arc segments and 12 "spaces" in each of the concentric rings.

3. Within each "pie slice" of the circle, the distribution of the segments are as follows:
2 slices contain 6 segments and 10 spaces
4 slices contain 7 segments and 9 spaces
2 slices contain 8 segments and 8 spaces
2 slices contain 9 segments and 7 spaces
2 slices contain 11 segments and 5 spaces

These are preliminary observations. I have no idea what (if anything) it may mean, but I'll keep playing with it and post what I find.

In any case, a very interesting and thought provoking post. Thanks!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join