It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shouldn't God Be Here on Earth - to be Visible, Accountable, Answerable ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Which Jesus ?

There have been several, all born of virgins, all crucified, etc

It gets confusing

Not that I have any gripes with THE Jesus. I thought the world of him for a long time and still have great admiration for his parables and advice

The one I believe should come down and set up house on Earth for a while, in order to reassure all thsoe who've devoted their lives to him .... is 'god', creator of heaven and earth, we're told

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Listen, GOD cannot be blamed for our own actions. He does not control you, you are the master of your own destiny weather you believe it or not. Sure, spiritual entities will guide you through some sort of formulated plan from the other side, but in the long run, we can end it all in the blink of an eye. Every individual is fully capable of slaughtering another individual at free will... GOD cannot be held accountable for any of our actions. GOD is a higher form of self awareness and consciousness. We all have a ROLE, use common sense for the better advantage of our brothers and sisters without sacrificing the masses for population control.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
Listen, GOD cannot be blamed for our own actions. He does not control you, you are the master of your own destiny weather you believe it or not. Sure, spiritual entities will guide you through some sort of formulated plan from the other side, but in the long run, we can end it all in the blink of an eye. Every individual is fully capable of slaughtering another individual at free will... GOD cannot be held accountable for any of our actions. GOD is a higher form of self awareness and consciousness. We all have a ROLE, use common sense for the better advantage of our brothers and sisters without sacrificing the masses for population control.

Oh POOP !

Sounds a if you bought it, hook, line and sinker

If I make something ... a bike, a cake, a house

and if I take credit for it

then I ALSO have to take responsibility for whatever flaws and faults are contained within the cake, house, bike

and I'm just a 'flawed human' apparently

So I'd expect a GOD to at least accept responsibility TOO

and no priest or anyone who's bought the priest's stories, can deny the logic and reasonableness of that

Don't know about you .... but I expect god to be at LEAST as accountable as I am

So please do not try to sell me on the 'victim is to blame' nonsense, because I don't buy it and consider it an insult

Is the paedophile 'evil' ? No. He's not. He's simply afflicted with a sexual appetite for underage human bodies

Is the serial killer 'evil' ? No. He's not. He simply thinks and behaves differently (in our world we say 'badly') than the majority of us

How about the schizophrenics who 'hear voices' and stab random strangers to death at bus-stops .... are they 'evil' ? No. They're not. They're simply afflicted with conditions affecting their brains, cognition, etc.

So phooey to the 'evil' theories. And phoooeey also to the 'free will' nonsense which claim the above are 'evil' because they 'chose to obey the debil' . It's primitive rubbish. It's just more 'blame the victim' --- because people lack the guts to acknowledge that these people are faulty. FAULTY ! Not 'evil' ! .... so there goes the 'free will' and 'debil' theories and beliefs .. right out of the window, which is where they belong

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
reply to post by zzombie

Any time you want to put it to the test, find the 'free will' in the child that was raped, strangled with her own socks and tossed into a filthy pond

Put it to the test, if god did not allow free will then why did he not intervene ?

Humans murder and do all sorts of nasty things to each other. God does nothing. Same thing with all those claiming rapture, it's not going to happen. We're responsible for our own actions.

So what happened to the free will of the child. They had free will to fight back to the best of their ability. The murderer used free will to rape and murder.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by zzombie]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

But even though 'my' god is light years in advance of the one portrayed in the Old Testament, I still think he (she, it) has been slacking off .. has been irresponsible ... needs to pull the finger out and live up to the rap Jesus gave him (she, it)

I mean, if I planted a garden or built a zoo --- what sort of person would I be if I then just toook leave of absence and left it all to run itself ? Wouldn't be fair to the plants or animals, would it ? Particularly not if I left the job in the hands of psychopaths who'd misrepresent me to those plants and animals for thousands of earth-years

No, I definitely believe it's time god put in an appearance

.... and then stayed around for a considerable period

so that the poor creatures on this planet could ask and get answers direct from the horse's mouth

God's had a long holiday from this planet

and that's just no way to run a business

I agree and disagree... GOD is a male... his name is JHWH Psalm contains songs with texts where it mentions god being male... Im quite puzzled though, A male can only be called a male wiht a female counterpart can it not? Without women wouldn't man just bem..... hu-man?

But if you take the bible as your inspiration for your deity you should also consider that god has his reasons for the "holiday" he took. He put Bruce almighty in charge
Seriously though your example of a zoo is quite good. but your story is incomplete... Take god as the keeper of the zoo and picture with him alot of care-takers... (now for accuracy sake the animals need to be inteligent like us
)one day one care-taker says the only reason the animals thrive is because the zoo-keeper made them into mindless slaves. PAmpering them to much if you will... now that same care-taker also secretly started a riot in the cages of the animals. the animals didn't wanna be pampered but they want to choose their own food.. have freedom from the cage and whatnot... In the end the zoo-keeper gave the annoying care-taker a couple of days to prove he had a better way of running this zoo...

We are presently in pretty much the final few hours of being supervised by the temporary care-taker. WW1, WW2 and people like mugabee have shown that the remporary care-taker is making a mess of the zoo and dont doubt that supervision is about to be taken back by the rightfull owner of the zoo..

This is my interpretation of how we should view things according to the bible..

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

how do you do to have so much points 54000 plus waoo? and because i say something as what you say here i have almost 2000 points minus

tell me how do you do to appear convincing in all sides
i was gettin to applause that clear post but then i saw that the op wrote it not someone else, while the op is also saying that god is on earth now ready for all answers

how could you one second believe that after death it could be worse and about your rights the least as innocent from such abuse of powerful positions, when you believe most that god is here , comon your secret >??

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
People need to stop thinking of God as something outside of yourselves and expect that that thing outside of yourself should come and save you.

The messes you see on the earth have been created by us. End of! And we continue to be held accountable of our actions every day that there is pain and suffering on this earth. We don’t need any outside help to save us. Our own stupidity is the biggest threat to our existence on this planet. We are fully capable of resolving all our issues on this small planet.

However we live in a world of polarity. Light/Dark, Good/Bad etc etc. You can't have one without the other. So in order for the physical world around us to work there must be both. Having had OOBE’s since being a teenager I know that the physical plane is but a very small part of a world that is far greater. I wish this ability was taught in school, because my belief system is not based on a book or what my parents believed but by direct experience. I have a grasp upon such matters of reincarnation and karma that makes the world a perfect place even with all the evils contained within it.

It can be hard to look at the evils around you in the world and blame them on someone else. The truth is, it is us who are to blame. It's always easier to blame someone else, isn't it? Rather than take a look at whom we really are. The evils serve a purpose at the very least; they show many what they don’t want to be. Individually, you must strive to be the best that you can be, because when it’s all said and done you will ask; did I love enough?

"We are all one consciousness experiencing itself, subjectively...There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves!!" - Bill Hicks

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

So if you made a car and sold it... the resulting speeding tickets should also be presented at your doorstep? please let me buy your cars. Your example is good but you tell it to your own advantage... If a landlord builts an apartment and he has renters wich trash the place, he's gonna have to fix it back up... but the renter pays money for that.... do you? do you pay your due's to god? caus eventually he'll come clean the apartment and if you're overdue...god has been alot more forgiving/patient than most credit-company's I know but there is a limit... eventually if you dont pay up you're gonna go bankrupt. I'm saying that its a wrong view to say since god created us he should be accountable for our sins... Are you accountable for your own kids? you can guide them but unfortunately your kids have the choice to do wrong or right and nobody but themselves are gonna have to pay for any wrongdoings... not daddy

[edit on 22-5-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Trying Times

evil is of powers tryingtimes lol, there are rights livings then abused, even if you dont believe that anyone is truly innocent which i do know is true, but still there are rights abused and it point god the responsable criminal since truth cannot be violated by vulgar humans conditions

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Why not just dispense with the entire 'free will' fiction and tell it like it is ... which you partially did

and then we're left with a big human raping and killing a smaller, weaker human

and as you said, the 'loving god' did not intervene. Which I find very difficult to square with a 'loving' anything. In fact, I find it despicable or ... proof of disinterest on the part of god. Or absense of god altogether. Or an evil god. Take your pick

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

you dont realize the whole, you are taking yourself too seriously i guess to say such absurd means, you are just a human in body conditions among so many others things and livings, but you are also that mortal, how could you seriously believe doing anything objectively in absolute ways

sorry but why do you lie when you mean to defend god, it is really weird do you think god is a powerful liar? is it that exclusive quality you know about god?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
No.

You're the slave & he's the master.

What part of that don't you comprehend,

or do you need another horsewhipping?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

reply to post by zzombie

Why not just dispense with the entire 'free will' fiction and tell it like it is ... which you partially did

and then we're left with a big human raping and killing a smaller, weaker human

and as you said, the 'loving god' did not intervene. Which I find very difficult to square with a 'loving' anything. In fact, I find it despicable or ... proof of disinterest on the part of god. Or absense of god altogether. Or an evil god. Take your pick

What would make you think god has anything to do with all the crap going on t=in this world? Doesn't the bible (source of faith in christian god) teach that the DEVIL is the ruler of this earth ATM and NOT god?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Shadow Herder

No offence, but let's cut to the chase

by explaining what happened to the free will of the child which was raped, strangled and tossed into the ditch

The child's free will has nothing to do with the person who committed the crime against him/her.

The duration of the life of a child may be, for the spirit thus incarnated, the complement of an existence interrupted before its appointed term; and his death is often a trial or an expiation for his parents.

God leaves man free to choose his road; so much the worse for him if he takes the wrong one; his pilgrimage will be all the longer. If there were no mountains, man could not comprehend the possibility of ascending and descending; if there were no rocks, he could not understand that there are such things as hard bodies. It is necessary for the spirit to acquire experience; and, to that end, he must know both good and evil. It is for this purpose that souls are united to bodies.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
reply to post by Dock9

So if you made a car and sold it... the resulting speeding tickets should also be presented at your doorstep? please let me buy your cars. Your example is good but you tell it to your own advantage... If a landlord builts an apartment and he has renters wich trash the place, he's gonna have to fix it back up... but the renter pays money for that.... do you? do you pay your due's to god? caus eventually he'll come clean the apartment and if you're overdue...god has been alot more forgiving/patient than most credit-company's I know but there is a limit... eventually if you dont pay up you're gonna go bankrupt. I'm saying that its a wrong view to say since god created us he should be accountable for our sins... Are you accountable for your own kids? you can guide them but unfortunately your kids have the choice to do wrong or right and nobody but themselves are gonna have to pay for any wrongdoings... not daddy

[edit on 22-5-2010 by faceoff85]

Oh no .. not more fundamentalist no-think

Your examples don't make a scrap of sense. You've concocted them to fit your theories. But they don't work

No need to unnecessarily complicate this

If I make a car, a bike or house and it's faulty, then I'm responsible

If 'god' made faulty humans who're paedophiles, killers, thieves ... then 'god' is responsible

If I gave birth to a child and tossed it into a ghetto to fend for itself, then I have no right to judge that child for what it's done to survive the conditions imposed on it

... any more than any just god would have the hide to presume to judge any human who'd been tossed as an infant into this world

What we have here are billions of people suffering Stockholm syndrome

We are the Patty Hearsts of the universe

We're taught and encouraged to fear 'god'

When that becomes too painful, we twist ourselves inside out and tell ourselves we love 'god'

Then, like Patty, we defend the god we fear and have persuaded ourselves we 'love'

.... just a poor Patty identified with her captors and torturers, in order to survive, in order to remain sane and alive

That's NOT 'free will' at all

True free will would be the choice to love or despise god

But we're told that if we 'turn from god' .... then we'll be punished

Some choice. Tails you lose. Heads I win

God .... according to those who claim to know ... plays with a marked-deck, apparently

So. Is the god of this planet the 'real' god ?

You don't know. I don't know. But at least I have the courage to question

and any god worth a pinch of salt would encourage the question. Might even applaud it

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
yes absolutely. I also want Santa and the Easter bunny held accountable. The have stoped leaving me gifts for over 26 years now, I want answers,

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Really well said!

Second line..

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by slank

LOL

I enjoy humour

Nice one

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
When man triumphs he thanks himself, when he stumbles he blames God.

Humans cannot comprehend GOD, our minds and speech are too impoverished.

The God that most of you believe in does not exist because your thoughts on what you think god may be is sub-child-like and ignorant.

For us to assume what god is is like a termite on the floor looking at a book on your shelf or walking along your credit card, it feels it, sees it, yet will never have the faculties to ever comprehend it's purpose/uses or meaning let alone the creator of it.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Shadow Herder]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
God: The most popular scapegoat for our sins. ~Mark Twain

Seond line..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join