It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shouldn't God Be Here on Earth - to be Visible, Accountable, Answerable ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
We're informed by those who claim to know, that God is off-world

that he shouldn't be questioned

that he is everywhere, yet invisible

that he is all-knowing, all-wise

Is that good enough ?

Shouldn't he be here, visible, accountable, answerable and a lot more hands-on ?

Isn't it time god worked to gain more credibility ?
Isn't it time he provided explanations ?

If you really want his answer. Several thousand years ago I entered into an agreement with the descendants of Abraham. I guaranteed life, health, and happiness to them if they followed my rules. But because of their "free will" they have been breaking them ever since. And because of that they have been incurring my wrath and the plagues of the contract since.

The last straw was 2000 years ago when the Herods of the first century BC and AD killed my prophets and my messiah. They clearly demonstrated they were unworthy of my largess. So in my wrath I cut off this world. The descendants of Abraham were spanked with a 2000 year top level Leviticus 26 curse. And they were scattered to the world.

And they infected the world with this curse. And now nearing the end of this curse you all have seen what a world turns into when God is mostly absent from the world. Except when he is actively against you.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Do you enjoy anything?

Do people that are abused and mistreated, enjoy anything in their life?

How about,

Sunsets
Horses
Butterflies
Beaches
Sea Shells
The Smell When It Rains
Birds Singing
The Taste of Ice Cream
The Feel Of The Silky Edge Of A Blanket
Popcorn
A Dog That Is Happy To See You When You Come Home
The Sound Of Waves Hitting The Shore
When Someone Does Something Nice For You For No Reason
Baby Ducks
The Wind In Your Hair
A Cold Drink Of Water
The Shade Of A Tree
The Sound of A Chorus
The Smell of A Bonfire

Reading A Good Book............

The Artist is reflected in His art.

But creation has been misused and misguided.

On a planet full of people who all have their own agenda, there will be problems.

By they way, I know what God spends His time doing.................

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Ok, you seem to be a subject-expert, so I'll ask you this

All this 'free will' which people seem so convinced is real

Why does the exercise of the alleged free-will often result in punishment ?

That sort of stacks the deck from the start, don't you think ?

So it's not free will at all, is it ? It's phoney free will. It's a lie. It's saying, ' If you make the choice I want you to make, we'll say you had free will. Good choice. But if you chooose something I don't approve of, then tough luck, because I'll toss you to hell '.

So this means that the alleged 'free will' is a case of making choices you believe will get you a pat on the back. In other word, the equivalent of the office 'yes man'

So it's not free will. It's sucking-up to god. So much for 'free will'

Not that I accept the nonsense about free will. As I've remarked earlier, it's an all-purpose con-job concocted by organised religion when they didn't have answers or explanations. And it's been seized upon by those terrified even to examine it, so they can repeat it to themselves (and others) as an all-purpose mantra which is supposed to make sense of nonsense

and it does nothing to address the issue of the absentee landlord of this planet

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

I understand you're trying to impress everyone here... this once I'm not gonna go into debate with you... you've set quite the tone and I dont even feel like TRYING to share thoughts with you... hope you life a happy long life

All due respect

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

Hallmark card sentiments are actually disgusting in the face on one atrocity alone .... that of the murder and carnage that was 9/11

How many sunsets do you imagine it will take before the families of those dead find any compensation for what occurred ?

Where was god on 9/11 ?

Where IS he when the SHTF ?

Not good enough. Nowhere near good enough.

Why does he allow it ? Over and over. What is he waiting for ? Not that you'd know.

He seems to enjoy it, don't you think ?

For perspective .... how long could you listen to a child screaming in sheer agony ? Five minutes ? Ten ?

Now multiply that by billions, era by era

And you'd sit by and do nothing and allow it to continue ?

Seems like the only one enjoying free will out of this game is god

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Shouldn't he be here, visible, accountable, answerable and a lot more hands-on ?

Isn't it time god worked to gain more credibility ?

Isn't it time he provided explanations ?

Well maybe if we voted him into office, but we didn't and we can't truly comprehend what he really is, so I would say no.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Well, that's not an answer either

Because according to those who claim TO know, god voted us into existence

and as such, imo, he IS required to be accountable

unless he's merely acting as agent for ANOTHER god-creator

in which case, we're entitled to know that

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

What you are missing from the entire religion experience is that God has a future purpose in mind. What that is, is debatable. One thought is simple reproduction. There is more to life than what meets the eye.

But nearest I can figure is that in 20 to 25 years like Job you'll be able to ask them directly.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by ntech]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

You do know what Double Jeopardy means, don't you?

He already came and answered questions.

He already took responsibility for His creation.

In 33 AD, He already let people just like you...
Arrest Him
Falsely convict Him
Spit on Him
Mock Him
Torture Him
Execute Him

Don't you wish you could have been the one driving the spikes into His hands and feet?

Isn't this what you would like to do again? It's called Double Jeopardy.
Wiki

edit to add link - Jesus is God

[edit on 22-5-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Well, that's not an answer either

Because according to those who claim TO know, god voted us into existence

and as such, imo, he IS required to be accountable

unless he's merely acting as agent for ANOTHER god-creator

in which case, we're entitled to know that

Humans created donkeys so do they have a right to know? I would suggest we do not have the physically capabilities to know and not that he is keeping the information from us.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
God is perfect. He may do as He pleases, and it will be just, no matter what you want to claim to the contrary. So why are people grumbling against Him? I'll never understand ... no one ever said life would be fair, or a happy parade, and it certainly shouldn't become a hedonistic free-for-all that society promotes. So if you live in society, work and give effort towards society, you are contributing to the problem. But God understands our plight, and we have free will to do better than before. Perhaps we won't deserve the justice society deserves when it hits, because we've found faith, and worked our way to a better future for our race.

We can speak with God in our hearts, through the Holy Spirit. It only takes faith, respect always, and a spirit of discernment. Try prayer, it really works.

Not at all! Let God be true, and every man a liar. As it is written:
"So that you may be proved right when you speak
and prevail when you judge." Romans 3:4

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
We are the gods;
Think of our bodies as God Box's
or you could also say we are god fragments

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
free will is meaning god life too, he is just playing of what right and wrong could be from conscious that can do whatever it wants
he really dont care about anyone or realities fact being living in a certain dimension truly, since apparantly he never care about truth and mean creation for his pleasurable existance one

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Doesn't the bible (source of faith in christian god) teach that the DEVIL is the ruler of this earth ATM and NOT god?

Cute. WHO put him in charge of this planet? eh?

Wasn't my Aunt Fanny! It's the same loving, absent, nose picking deity we're discussing.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

By they way, I know what God spends His time doing.................

So do I, but the T&C rules expressly forbid me from spelling it out.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

reply to post by dusty1

Hallmark card sentiments are actually disgusting in the face on one atrocity alone .... that of the murder and carnage that was 9/11

How many sunsets do you imagine it will take before the families of those dead find any compensation for what occurred ?

Where was god on 9/11 ?

Where IS he when the SHTF ?

Not good enough. Nowhere near good enough.

Why does he allow it ? Over and over. What is he waiting for ? Not that you'd know.

He seems to enjoy it, don't you think ?

For perspective .... how long could you listen to a child screaming in sheer agony ? Five minutes ? Ten ?

Bla bla bla......

Your dim view of things is your own problem. Your idea of what GOD is, is your own problem, because you cannot understand, your fear and hate.

Its like this, we are here to learn. You have a choice to do good or bad, its up to you. When you take an exam at school you act as if the answer sheet should be given to you and then you blame the teacher for not saving you from failing.

All may know it, but all do not understand it. Those who understand it best are they who seek after goodness. All, however, will one day understand it; for the destiny of progress must he accomplished."

The justice of the various incarnations undergone by each human being is evident when seen in the light of the principle just enunciated; since, in each new existence, his intelligence is more developed, and he comprehends more clearly what is good and what is evil. If everything had to be accomplished by each man in a single existence, what would be the fate of the many millions of human beings who die every day in the brutishness of the savage state, or in the darkness of ignorance, without having had the possibility of obtaining enlightenment?

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Shadow Herder]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
"God prefers those who worship Him from the heart, with sincerity, and by doing what is good and avoiding what is evil, to those who fancy they honor Him by ceremonies which do not render them any better than their neighbors.

"All men are brothers, and children of God; He calls to Him all who follow His laws, whatever may be the form under which they show their obedience.

"He who has only the externals of piety is a hypocrite; he whose worship is only a pretence, and in contradiction with his conduct, sets a bad example.

"He who professes to worship Christ, and who is proud, envious, and jealous, who is hard and unforgiving to others, or ambitious of the goods of earth, is religious with the lips only, and not with the heart. God, who sees all things, will say to him, 'He who knows the truth, and does not follow it, is a hundredfold more guilty in the evil he does than the ignorant savage, and will he treated accordingly in the day of retribution.' If a blind man runs against you as he goes by, you excuse him; but if the same thing is done by a man who sees, you complain, and with reason.

"Do not ask, then, if any form of worship be more acceptable than another; for it is as though you asked whether it is more pleasing to God to be worshipped in one tongue rather than in another. Remember that the hymns addressed to Him can reach Him only through the door of the heart."

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
why blame god ,thats a cop out.
Anyway i was told d-evil runs the earth as hes king over all the earth.
evil is here because it fuels evilution .gods place, just is, it is,i am here existing in a place maybe with or where angelic entities exist in a higher vibration to come to earth they need to become physical.
stop blameing god he gave us a choice ,if everything was perfect no one would lern or have any regrets ,big fish kill little fish.lions kill bambi. Evil is all physical life some speices die after giving eggs Evil is as we all need food,we kill for food ,war is evil but good things come from it,by products of high tec.
when you get ill you learn humility,and observe kindness i could go on and on people are evil not god ,blame the serpent and his knowledge,id sooner live in utopia with no bad weather ,no cold,food abundant ,but hey we was kicked from paradise,adams second wife eve seen to that

[edit on 5/22/2010 by dashar]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

sorry to say it but you are talking of fear and hate and never of right in truth

dont fool yourself, nothing good can come from who were directly abused, acting in reactions dont make actors even so it kills any reality of existence now and after

and again dont fool yourself, it is truth that get the reward and never anyone, that is why if you mean absolutely well as objective reality then everything around you mean well
positive freedom is of truth that any point existence is first a true sense present from as positive free

that is why one making good is enough as a start of good when it is absolutely, where is god ther in the whole history of creations, where is any absolute good realisation of him

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Why does god "allow" things like 911?

To make men advance more quickly. Have we not told you that destruction is necessary to the moral regeneration of spirits, who accomplish a new step of their purification in each new existence? In order to appreciate any process correctly, you must see its results. You judge merely from your personal point of view, and you therefore regard those inflictions as calamities, because of the temporary injury they cause you; but such upsettings are often needed in order to make you reach more quickly a better order of things, and to effect, in a few years, what you would otherwise have taken centuries to accomplish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join