It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shouldn't God Be Here on Earth - to be Visible, Accountable, Answerable ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
We're informed by those who claim to know, that God is off-world

that he shouldn't be questioned

that he is everywhere, yet invisible

that he is all-knowing, all-wise

Is that good enough ?

Shouldn't he be here, visible, accountable, answerable and a lot more hands-on ?

Isn't it time god worked to gain more credibility ?

Isn't it time he provided explanations ?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

i guess you could try to get a subpoena but i wouldn't want to be anywhere near you if HE showed up.

"god said to Abraham, kill me a son,

abe said, man you must be puttin me on,

god said, no

and abe said, what?

god said, you can do what you want, abe,

but the next time you see me commin, you better run.

"highway 61"
bob dylan

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The problem with the whole god dilemma is peoples misinterpretation of what God actually is. WHAT PEOPLE BELIEVE GOD IS, IS NON EXISTANT! The coventional thought of who and what god is was created over time by people which led to the widespread belief of who god is today.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Yeah .... god hasn't had the best press, has he ?

But even though 'my' god is light years in advance of the one portrayed in the Old Testament, I still think he (she, it) has been slacking off .. has been irresponsible ... needs to pull the finger out and live up to the rap Jesus gave him (she, it)

I mean, if I planted a garden or built a zoo --- what sort of person would I be if I then just toook leave of absence and left it all to run itself ? Wouldn't be fair to the plants or animals, would it ? Particularly not if I left the job in the hands of psychopaths who'd misrepresent me to those plants and animals for thousands of earth-years

No, I definitely believe it's time god put in an appearance

.... and then stayed around for a considerable period

so that the poor creatures on this planet could ask and get answers direct from the horse's mouth

God's had a long holiday from this planet

and that's just no way to run a business

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Originally posted by enodebllahsti

The problem with the whole god dilemma is peoples misinterpretation of what God actually is.

I can't describe how strongly I agree. The evidence of paranormal & ghosts confirms (to my mind) there is some sort afterlife. Whilst Theories like God Theory will explain how the Universe is incredibly well fine-tuned for life (for something that's supposed to be completely random). But whatever God we have does not stop Hitler causing the deaths of 50 million, during W2. It does not get rid of Mugabee, or tyrants in many other places. It might listen to the prayers of those in torture cells, but it does not give them the keys, and clear a way out.

This seems to seriously contradict the "God on Paper" that Christians, Museums, and Jews all worship. I acturally wonder if its because, when these books were being written, did the "holy men" make contact with a demon(s), pretending to be god, rather than an actural God?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

WOW

GREAT ! Great post !

I like the way you think

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
I mean, if I planted a garden or built a zoo --- what sort of person would I be if I then just toook leave of absence and left it all to run itself ? Wouldn't be fair to the plants or animals, would it ? Particularly not if I left the job in the hands of psychopaths who'd misrepresent me to those plants and animals for thousands of earth-years

I don't know... nature gets on with things pretty well without human intervention. I stood next to trees in the rainforests that were seedlings when the 3 wise men were shopping for gifts.

I take a look at the cycle of life on the African plains and think that without human interference and of course, barring natural disasters, this would remain pretty much the same for thousands of years at a time.

Only the human race has managed to muck things up - over-population, indiscriminate pollution, engineering the environment for its own ends with disregard to the natural order of things... Yeah, OK, maybe humans need babysitting, but the rest of the natural world gets along just fine, evolving to a point of balance and harmony that only major natural disasters affects.

Humanity manages to screw things up everyday!

Maybe God is happy to see humanity destroy itself so that he can start again - If there is a Christian God, here is a tip... maybe next time put a fence around the tree of knowledge...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Humanity manages to screw things up every day ?

And who, pray tell, engineered/created humanity ?

We're told it was 'god'

So it was god or at least the god of this planet --- who screwed things up

in the same was as Toyota screwed up

in the same way as the inventors of thalidomide screwed up

in the same way BP screwed up

So god needs to get down here and start FIXING things up

OR ---- organised religion needs to start coming clearn and admitting they haven't a clue if there is a god

and if they insist there is .... then they need to get honest about WHICH god is responsible for this hell on earth

AFter all, if I bake a cake and it makes everyone sick

it's not the CAKE'S fault

it's MINE

and I expect any god worth tuppence to make that same admission and begin putting things to rights without any more stalling,buck passing or hand washing

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Dock9]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
We're informed by those who claim to know, that God is off-world

that he shouldn't be questioned

that he is everywhere, yet invisible

that he is all-knowing, all-wise

Is that good enough ?

Shouldn't he be here, visible, accountable, answerable and a lot more hands-on ?

Isn't it time god worked to gain more credibility ?

Isn't it time he provided explanations ?

Wow, you just said it. HELLO? Anyone home?

God IS here, masquerading as a few billion physical vessels.

Isn't it time God woke up and realized what has happened. It is called awakening people. We are the ones doing all of this to our selves AND we are the ones who can turn this on a dime and CREATE a much more enjoyable reality.

Don't turn away from OUR responsibility and call for some non-existant, separate god force to come and help.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
God does not interfere with free will.

Our pre-conceptions of god are given to us by priests ministers...etc.

God is not a vengeful wrathful entity, as we may have been led to believe by thousand year old superstitions.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
We're doing this to OURSELVES ?

Really ?

What about 'as above, so below ' ?

What about ' God created man in his own image ' ?

We're doing this to ourselves ?

We built eustacheon tubes into our ears, did we ?

We decided to give ourselves a tail-bone ?

We gave ourselves blood types which are traceable to primates ?

We gave ourselves teeth of carnivores ?

What were we thinking ! smacks self on face

WHY on earth .... if we're responsible for our predatory, animalistic natures ... didn't we instead create ourselves as herbivores ?

Or ... stuff this stupid eating and excreting lark altogether ... and let's ask why we didn't create ourselves as lighter than air ... as gossamer angels ?

Do we WANT to be this way ? I believe if a poll were run, there'd be an overwhelming 'no' response

I believe we would LIKE to be decent, altruisitic, selfless and for our touch on this planet to be gentle and of no harm

But no. We begin as sweet infants, but all too soon we learn to fight, to defend, to steal and lie and destroy

and that is NOT 'choice' --- it's hard wired

So I'd like the engineer to step down and explain why this is so, to his alleged creations. To prevent the continuance of the carp that's part and parcel of life for most

After all ... we surely have the right to ask and be answered

If not, we're not 'living' life. We're subject to forced endurance of life

and maybe now's the time to question that

and to ask if we're prepared to endure it any longer

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

No, sorry ..... I stopped buying the 'free will' all-purpose disclaimer a long time ago

It's one of the major con-jobs of organised religion. The genius con-merchant who came up with that one probably gained himself a knighthood and a few purple sashes

Any time you want to put it to the test, find the 'free will' in the child that was raped, strangled with her own socks and tossed into a filthy pond

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Keep going, you are getting there!

For an experience in the 3d, we had to have carbon based bodies. Do you really think we carry these annoying pieces of crap around in 'heaven' or the higher dimesions? Haha

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The question of free-will may be thus summed up: Man is not fatally led into evil; the acts he accomplishes are not written down beforehand; the crimes he commits are not the result of any decree of destiny. He may have chosen, as trial and as expiation, an existence in which, through the surroundings amidst which he is placed, or the circumstances that supervene, he will be tempted to do wrong; but he always remains free to do or not to do. Thus a spirit exercises free-will, in the spirit-life, by choosing his next existence and the kind of trials to which it will subject him, and, in the corporeal life, by using his power of yielding to, or resisting the temptations to which he has voluntarily subjected himself. The duty of education is to combat the evil tendencies brought by the spirit into his new existence--a duty which it will only be able to thoroughly fulfill when it shall be based on a deeper and truer knowledge of man's moral nature. Through knowledge of the laws of this department of his nature education will be able to modify it, as it already modifies his intelligence by instruction, and his temperament by hygiene. Each spirit, when freed from matter, and in the state of erraticity, chooses his future corporeal existences according to the degree of purification to which he has already attained; and it is in the power of making this choice, as we have previously pointed out, that his free-will principally consists. This free-will is not annulled by incarnation, for, if the incarnated spirit yields to the influence of matter, it is always to the very trials previously chosen by him that he succumbs, and he is always free to invoke the assistance of God and of good spirits to help him to surmount them.

Without free-will there would be for man neither guilt in doing wrong, nor merit in doing right, a principle so fully recognized in this life, that the world always apportions its blame or its praise of any deed to the intention, that is to say, to the will of the doer; and will is but another term for freedom. Man, therefore, could not seek an excuse for his misdeeds in his organization, without abdicating his reason and his condition as a human being, and assimilating himself to the condition of the brute. If he could do so in regard to what is wrong, he would have to do the same in regard to what is wrong, he would have to do the same in regard to what is right; but, whenever a man does what is right, he takes good care to claim the merit of his action, and never thinks of attributing that merit to his organs, which proves that he instinctively refuses to renounce, at the bidding of certain theory-builders, the most glorious privilege of his species, namely, freedom of thought.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You have to take into consideration, that this is the same god that has no beginning or end, rewards gullibility, and exists outside space and time.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is God's eighteenth try at creation.
All of the others ended up destroying themselves and their planet.
He REALLY thought this time it just might work.
After Kennedy, he took off. With a good telescope you can see him in action on number nineteen.

Kennedy: I had a dream last night. It was just me and God. God said, "I want you to be president."

LBJ: Whoa, now. I was in that dream too, and I don't remember saying that...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blujay

I used to write the same sort of things as you, so I know what you mean and that you very probably believe it

However, right now, we have no idea why we're here or what we are or who's responsible

So before we get too carried away with thoughts of off-world delights after we exit these hairy, smelly and rather revolting physical bodies, we first need some answers

otherwise, we're buying into an afterlife/heaven ... brought to us by the same organisations which gave us the 'god stories'

and although they may also mean well --- or not --- we have no reason to believe a word they say. Added to which, there's almost 100% guarantee that they have even less clue about god that we do

So .... it's high time god took time out from whatever he/she/it does all day, and came down and made himself available to his constituents and other captives of this planet/dimension/computer game, don't you think ?

We're so spineless. So easily -satisfied. So prepared to take the blame. So prepared to obey. And that's because the religion-industry treats us like lobotomised slave-labour

We need to start making demand and shaking our fists

Or .... like ATS member Rookkkyy's avatar (sorry .. spelling's wrong)
we should all run at the bottomless pit and leap in

See what happens then ....

If we're here to feed the needs or supply the energy or whatever or whomever is controlling this planet, they'll be forced to intervene in the lemming-like mass suicides, for their own sake

and then and only then will have have some leverage in this equation

I believe god owes us an explanation

Never mind the promises and sweet talk about what supposedly happens AFTER life/death

promises ... or false promises ?

And if this life is anything to go by --- what comes next (if anything) could be ten times worse

and *IF* that's the case
...... wonder if those who blame us for Life on Earth will also be trying to blame us for Life After Death, lol ?

the old 'blame the victims' routine .... amazing, but they get away with it far more often than they should

Time we all began screaming 'Author ! Author ! '

Time we saw who or what is at the bottom of all this

we're owed that much at least, imo

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties
You have to take into consideration, that this is the same god that has no beginning or end, rewards gullibility, and exists outside space and time.

You could well be correct

but I'm going to need a clear photo of him

before I grant this theory credence

or sign the contract

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

The only ones who will be accountable,will be US.
We will be held accountable for every sin we have
committed in our lives if we don't repent.
The end times are near,repent and accept Jesus
while you can.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

No offence, but let's cut to the chase

by explaining what happened to the free will of the child which was raped, strangled and tossed into the ditch

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join