It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McClintock tells Calderon to mind his own business MUST SEE VIDEO

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
People like to use the word racist like a light saber towards many posts and I just want to say that the last time I look “American” was not a race, so if one tells Mexico to go to hell, and want all Illegal Mexicans, and those damn illegal Swedes, to be rounded up and kicked out I do not see race as any part of this.

Yes, by all means remove those evil Swedish Bikini Models who are taking work from wholesome American gals. And take all those damn Canadians who are coming here from Mexico to steal all our lumberjack jobs eh.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67a51f3ccd92.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Originally posted by beyondsense
Don't have time to educate you on foreign politics. Turn off MTV, get off the couch, and find out what happens beyond your borders. You'll discover that there's a thing call planet earth beyond the US boundaries.

Peace.

AH, the famous "Don't Have time to Educate" tactic. Instead of making statements that your pull out of you ***. Please take the time to back up your stance.

And you might have more to discover if you actually take the time to sit and comprehend what is going on American & Global politics, instead of your generalizations.

Much Love,

[edit on 22-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

If you learned to read and write, use a computer, and posts comments here, and yet claim that you don't know about Reagan, Bush or Obama trying to dictate what other countries must do, you're a lost case and I won't spend my precious time trying to educate you. After all, ignorance IS bliss.

Peace.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Yes, by all means remove those evil Swedish Bikini Models who are taking work from wholesome American gals. And take all those damn Canadians who are coming here from Mexico to steal all our lumberjack jobs eh.

OMG That was the funniest post I have read today
damn Canadians coming from Mexico to steal your lumberjack jobs!

Just go to BC, and you'll see no reason for Canadians to "skip" Mexico and hit the US for lumberjack Jobs

Ohh man, your post made me crack up big time

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I must say, as a Canadian, I watch this entire debate in the US with amazement.

I'm a life-long, card carrying big "L" liberal and if our government here ever refused to enforce our immigration laws in the same manner as the US federal government, there would be hell to pay from both sides of the political spectrum. I fail to see how this even a liberal vs. conservative issue. It's a matter of enforcing laws currently on the books.

As far as Arizona is concerned, I'm of the firm belief that they were forced into this action by the inaction of the feds; inaction that extends back well beyond the Obama administration, might I add. They've merely perfected it. While I can see how the Arizona law could be perceived as racist, I don't believe it is, in reality. Arizona is on the border with Mexico. The bulk of the illegal immigrants in the state are of Mexican nationality. Even though I'm not a big fan of "papers, please" laws (given their historical connotations), I can understand the need for them in this instance. Again, federal refusal to enforce existing law forced Arizonas' hand. Even sitting up here, north of the border, that's pretty obvious. The blame for this entire mess lies with Washington.

As far as the Calderon admonishment to congress goes, it was a complete joke - "Do as I say, not as I do". Go read Mexico's immigration law and tell me that he has a leg to stand on. Inappropriate and hypocritical, to say the least.

As for my personal experience with US immigration law, one of my best friends is currently living and working as a nurse in Florida. She jumped through all the required hoops, took all the necessary tests, waited the prescribed amount of time and paid all the associated fees for her green card. I guess that's only necessary if you're coming from the northern border. If you're coming from the south, you just get a free pass.

Ridiculous.

As a closing note, I remember in the aftermath of 9-11, when people believed that one or more of the terrorists crossed into the US from Canada, there was a concerted effort to clamp down on the "out of control" US/Canada border. Even though the story of the terrorsts' entry turned out to be 100% false, the beefed up security remained. Inspections were more thorough, lines at the border lengthened. Unmanned drones now patrol the skies on the Manitoba-Minnesota/North Dakota border. Passport requirements were just recently enacted for all visitors entering the US from Canada. So, clamp down on the Canadians while at the same time all but ignoring the southern border; the border with a country with a history of corruption, lawlessness, gang and drug cartel activity.

Ask yourselves why.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by Urantia1111

I heard this McKlintock guy mention that and now you echo i, about the immigration laws in Mexico being harsh and restrictive.\

Can you please demonstrate to me how this is so? As someone who has been through the Mexican immigration system. I found it to be easy, simple, very open, cheap. if not a little bureaucratic.

Much less so than the crap my wife had to go through for her UK Visa / Citizenship.

Not only that but do you know that unlike other countries, like the US and UK. You can arrive in Mexico on a tourist card, and apply insitu. Whereas in other places you have to apply and be accepted before you arrive.

Now which system is more exclusive???

You may be comparing apples to oranges. The United States accepts more legal immigrants as permanent residents than the rest of the world combined. That doesn't seem exclusive to me.

The fact is many, many more people want to immigrate to the US than Mexico and more than anywhere else in the world combined they become US citizens... LEGALLY.

So yeah, unfortunately the US doesn't have the luxury of just allowing any tourist to apply for citizenship like the GREAT country of Mexico. It needs to be done with some sort of organization and control because of the sheer volume of people.

I have a real had time understanding how the US is so exclusive.

The Immigration and Naturalization Services Act of 1965 abolished national-origin quotas fixed in the 1920s and opened the nation's shores to new immigrants. Today, the United States accepts more legal immigrants as permanent residents than the rest of the world combined.

US Population Hits 300 Million

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyteskye

Star for you my friend
People need to wake up. Why are there such stringent border controls between the US and Canada, and not Mexico?? WTF?? It makes no sense at all. I was at Niagara falls and the backup at the border was insane! Yah, right, Canadians are drug peddlers and mules.

The border with US and Canada is far larger than US and Mexico. What's the deal? The US needs to grow some balls, and target the right border - South, NOT North. Canadians don't just enter the US illegally, why would they? And the government here would find out!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beyondsense
[If you learned to read and write, use a computer, and posts comments here, and yet claim that you don't know about Reagan, Bush or Obama trying to dictate what other countries must do, you're a lost case and I won't spend my precious time trying to educate you. After all, ignorance IS bliss.

Peace.

I am beginning to think if you actually are aware of the politics around you. What Calderon did was in our own Congressional Building. Your nonsense charge doesn't hold face value.

If you are suggesting that our presidents not Obama as he only tells Americans what do to and apologizes to other nations. But other presidents lectured other countries in their Congressional Bodies, your are completely and utterly wrong. Yes these President have told other countries how to behave, but from their own offices...not in someone else's house.

Put the Kool Aid down.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I am beginning to think if you actually are aware of the politics around you. What Calderon did was in our own Congressional Building. Your nonsense charge doesn't hold face value.

Well I would have thought that it was OK seeing that not just anyone gets to walk into that building and give a speech. He was invited and even cheered so somebody must have been fine with that.

Not you I take it but you don't really count and that is what you keep forgetting. I know, I know come november they will hear from you and millions like you and then there will be real change. Yep come november you'll grab that carrot.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
Not you I take it but you don't really count and that is what you keep forgetting. I know, I know come november they will hear from you and millions like you and then there will be real change. Yep come november you'll grab that carrot.

Oh yes come November I and millions others will be making that change and opting out of the "HYPE and CHAINS"

Also that "CARROT" will be handpicked by LEGAL Americans after November.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hello all!!

I don't really post that much but there were a few points that really got my attention:

1) English language. I am from New Orleans and I have been living here in the UAE for over five years as some of you might know. Two of my closest friends are Syrian and one is an Egyptian (I am going to be his Best Man at his wedding next month). They all speak perfect English. Now I ask you: If there is a meeting with an Arab, a Brit, a Frenchman, a German in attendance, (notice I did not include an American), what language would they all speak at this meeting? You guessed it: ENGLISH!!

2) Canadian border!!! I suppose you have not seen the Oscar winning movie "Canadian Bacon" with John Candy. 'nuff said!

3)Mexican border (or lack thereof). I have been to Mexico more than I care to remember. In fact I lived there working for the better part of 2003.
I was in Monterrey and going out with a really nice nurse. She spoke no real English and did NOT want to move to the US. Her family and job were there...her HOME. I used to speak fairly good Mexican and when I went home and "chatted" with her I had a Spanish dictionary at my side!!

Well that was my peso worth.
This thread is quite interesting and BTW Calderon is not well liked in his country much like the Obama regime at my home.

Take care, Gracias and via con Dios,

Tom

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Very good point! So is this a raciest event or just that the demographics of the biggest offender is one race?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Oh yes come November I and millions others will be making that change and opting out of the "HYPE and CHAINS"

Also that "CARROT" will be handpicked by LEGAL Americans after November.

Out of the Obama "HYPE and CHAINS" and into somebody elses.

Handpicked by legal americans after amnesty is doled out once again. Remember Reagan handed out the first one way back in 86 and every pres afterwards has followed suit.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Oh yeah, One more quick point:

Gefore I moved over here to Abu Dhabi, I was at a favorite bar of mine, Ruby's Roadhouse in Mandeville, LA and told some girl I was moving to the UAE and she said, Oh where is that?? I told her it was an island of off New Jersey. She asked me if it was close to Atlantic City!!! AND she was speaking English!!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Out of the Obama "HYPE and CHAINS" and into somebody elses.

Handpicked by legal americans after amnesty is doled out once again. Remember Reagan handed out the first one way back in 86 and every pres afterwards has followed suit.

Ah, yes the "OLD Amnesty Defense"...And since those Amnesties oh so enlightened one art thou, has the problem gotten worse or better.

Amensty is like giving a Drug Addict more drugs and you hope he will get tired of using them.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
One of the best speech I've heard in congress outside Ron Paul.

And BONUS: He's from California!

Finally someone in congress with balls about this issue...

Ron Paul/McClintock 2012? Nah I'm kidding.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

What bothers the hell out of me is:

You guys seem to deny the President of Mexico the right to say what he thinks.

Certainly he has the right to question anything he wants. Can't the great "America Congress" take the criticism; certainly it is the ultimate arrogance if they don’t sit and listen to the criticism. Doesn’t our President criticize the Russians and Chinese on their civil rights practices?

[edit on 22-5-2010 by etcorngods]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham

Gefore I moved over here to Abu Dhabi, I was at a favorite bar of mine, Ruby's Roadhouse in Mandeville, LA and told some girl I was moving to the UAE and she said, Oh where is that?? I told her it was an island of off New Jersey. She asked me if it was close to Atlantic City!!! AND she was speaking English!!

Ah lovely Mandeville, LA....I wouldn't go off on knocking everyone speaking English as dumb. Did you even know where UAE was before you were taught or were you born with this knowledge out of the womb?

Some people attend higher education and some don't, some pay attention in class and some don't.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I agree with every word. The debate one America's official language is mute. The last time I checked The Constitution, The Declaration of Independence, and 1005 of all laws passed by Congress and the Senate are written in English.

The bottom line is legal immigration is acceptable. Illegal immigration you forfeit all rights that are given US citizens. So if there is a violation in Human Rights, you are not given any legal avenues to a jury trial; well tough. Go HOME!!!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Ah, yes the "OLD Amnesty Defense"...And since those Amnesties oh so enlightened one art thou, has the problem gotten worse or better.

Amensty is like giving a Drug Addict more drugs and you hope he will get tired of using them.

Not saying it was good or bad just that it was what was done without taking the peoples thoughts into account by both parties.

You keep believing politicians if you want.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods

Doesn’t our President criticize the Russians and Chinese on their civil rights practices?

[edit on 22-5-2010 by etcorngods]

Our Sissy ass president criticizing the governments of the world.

I don't know if you noticed, he has been on a apology tour..and the ones before him made use of their office, not disrespect anyone else's house.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham

Before I moved over here to Abu Dhabi, I was at a favorite bar of mine, Ruby's Roadhouse in Mandeville, LA and told some girl I was moving to the UAE and she said, Oh where is that?? I told her it was an island off of New Jersey. She asked me if it was close to Atlantic City!!! AND she was speaking English!!

Ah lovely Mandeville, LA....I wouldn't go off on knocking everyone speaking English as dumb. Did you even know where UAE was before you were taught or were you born with this knowledge out of the womb?

Some people attend higher education and some don't, some pay attention in class and some don't.

Quite the contrary! Actually I didn't say anyone was dumb. Insinuating maybe, geographical or current events knowledge but not dumb.

And thanks for letting me edit my misspells and grammar.
Thanks,
Tom

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join