It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McClintock tells Calderon to mind his own business MUST SEE VIDEO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Way to go Mr. McClintock!!!!!!!!! As said here before Finally somebody with some balls to stand up to the boob from mexico and obama. Enforce immigration don't reform!! That should be the battle cry when ole BO tries to push immigration reform.
Oh, before I for get Star an Flag to the OP thanks for posting this.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Chance321]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Tom McClintock for President.
2nd line
3rd line

if we have so many voices - how come they cant hear us...?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Just one correction for some in this thread.

English is NOT the official language of the United States. It's a "De Facto" language.

There is no Federal Law which mandates English as the official language. Some have tried to pass it but failed. I wish it were not the case, but it is.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hypothetical Scenario:

"What if I were to come to the United States and walk around naked in the streets - and when you politely ask me to comply with customs and wear clothes, I then call you a racist?"

"Clearly I can't help being born in No-Clothes Land and it is part of my DNA. You can't discriminate against me, that's not fair! I can't change my nakedness, it's who I am! Why should I learn to wear clothes?!!" /s

[edit on 22-5-2010 by blackhatchet]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Wow - if I lived in California this guy would definitely get my vote.

I was horrified by the seemingly complete lack of applause at the end of his speech. Congress has become almost as effective as the United Nations - it's no wonder that they have less than a 20% approval rating, no matter which side runs the show.

What's amazing to me is that even with less than 20% approval, more than 90% of incumbents get reelected every election. It's time this changed. If you don't like them, why do you keep electing them?

Congress should have given a standing ovation to this guy's speech. However, being Congress, it was likely that hardly anyone was actually present to LISTEN to this speech.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I also find it interesting that one requirement of becoming a citizen is to learn English, but then they have Citizenship tests in Spanish. It's an outrage.

Also, why do political candidates almost HAVE to learn Spanish in order to get elected? If people are voting who don't understand English, that is a violation of the requirements for them to become Citizens.

If I was a political candidate, I would REFUSE to have any campaign ads in Spanish. I probably wouldn't get elected, but I would stand by my principles. Any politician who has run even a single campaign ad in Spanish deserves to get kicked out of office as being a renegade against the laws of the land.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. All this tooing and froing about English is the only languiage in the USA, no you can speak whatever you want, its the law, no its not.

One of the posters here already cited evidence that there is no law to state that English is the official language of the US.

But in the same time it is hard for a country to function well in a bi lingual society without the full agreement and cooperation of society and the social framework.

Look at
Belgium, Flemish and French
Singapore, English/Malay/Mandarin
India, English/Hindu
Holland, Dutch/English
Canada, English/French

All these countries and more have successfully recognised that they have a dual language history and have area of demarkation for it.

Should it not be hightime that the USA, recognised officially that a vast area of its territory from Florida to Californa, traditionally are areas of majority Spanish speaking. That the nation rose from the same situation as that of Canada. An amalgamation of colonial states arising from the clash of two empire. The British and the Spanish. Therefore it should only be right that the USA adopts Spanish as one of it's "official" languages. Without which you are ostracizing a large proportion of it's LEGAL community!.

By the way, I walked into t a 7.11 in Miami and ordered a pack of smokes in Spanish!!

There is no need to get angry about it. Even in the home of the English language, we have 2 official languages (and several recognised) English and Welsh. ( plus Urdu and Hindi are well signposted (as well as Polish))

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackhatchet
Hypothetical Scenario:

"What if I were to come to the United States and walk around naked in the streets - and when you politely ask me to comply with customs and wear clothes, I then call you a racist?"

"Clearly I can't help being born in No-Clothes Land and it is part of my DNA. You can't discriminate against me, that's not fair! I can't change my nakedness, it's who I am! Why should I learn to wear clothes?!!" /s

[edit on 22-5-2010 by blackhatchet]

Amen. I say give immigrants no more freedoms than the average American has, or than what they could expect if they were an immigrant to their own country.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Where are the representatives from Arizona in this? Are the to cowardly to defend the law their own people voted for? Their silence proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the representatives of Arizona do not support the interests of the Arizonan people.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Just to add, although I advocate the above. I do not current advocate Illegal Immigration, as it is known today. There are ways and means. I my self am an immigrant in Mexico (from the UK). I have legal status, and all my correct documents. And yes I have had to learn Spanish. My son is dual British and Mexican, But does that mean that I should abandon my heritage and live as a mexican? I can support mexico in everyway, and observe its laws, traditions, and appreciate its culture, as my adoptive country, but it will never be my own. I carry my culture with me, and will teach my Son of HIS English heritage. I find this is common among a lot of expats. You become a sort of super patriot! for the country you left behind.

I feel there is room inside ourselves for both. Not to have the American way forced on you as is currently expected by the USA. That to me, is a sign that a country is culturally void and unsure of its self. I mean can anyone tell me what it is to be American, without citing the constitution!???

Anyone going anywhere to live should do the same, as this is the NWO so that is what is expected. What I DO wait for is the day when national border are pulled down. and we are free to go whereever we want. bring on the one world government I say!!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
English IS the language of The United States of America. Thats FACT. Everybody across the globe knows this. To try and debate otherwise is just hanging on to technicalities and red tape. Yes there are other spoken languages brought here from other backgrounds but ALL PEOPLE coming to America SHOULD LEARN AND SPEAK ENGLISH if you are going to be a citizen. Furthermore, it is EXTREMELY RUDE to speak any other language then English in a public setting PERIOD. NO EXCEPTIONS. If your ass is here then ENGLISH is what you should be using. IF you're at home or among your fellow ethnic communities then you can speak your native tongue. OTHERWISE ENGLISH 24/7.

YEAH I SAID IT

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this speech !!
Starred and Flagged !!

I'm so tired of our government looking the other way and not treating these criminals as the criminals they are.
My grandparents came to this country LEGALLY and so can anyone else who wishes to participate within our system so why do it illegally ????

mexico's government should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imprtracr1
English IS the language of The United States of America. Thats FACT. Everybody across the globe knows this. To try and debate otherwise is just hanging on to technicalities and red tape. Yes there are other spoken languages brought here from other backgrounds but ALL PEOPLE coming to America SHOULD LEARN AND SPEAK ENGLISH if you are going to be a citizen. Furthermore, it is EXTREMELY RUDE to speak any other language then English in a public setting PERIOD. NO EXCEPTIONS. If your ass is here then ENGLISH is what you should be using. IF you're at home or among your fellow ethnic communities then you can speak your native tongue. OTHERWISE ENGLISH 24/7.

YEAH I SAID IT

I agree whole heartedly !!
I couldn't have said it better myself.
GREAT POST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

So ridiculous this Mclintock fella, "diplomacy", "need to become a U.S. citizen to take part in the debate". When did Bush or Obama or Reagan ever become Irani or Iraqi citizens in order to lecture those countries? The US is the first one to meddle in other countries's businesses. When meddling isn't enough, they just overthrow govts. and put in puppet presidents instead. Calderon has every right to speak as long as the US keeps doing so.

Peace.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by beyondsense

So ridiculous this Mclintock fella, "diplomacy", "need to become a U.S. citizen to take part in the debate". When did Bush or Obama or Reagan ever become Irani or Iraqi citizens in order to lecture those countries? The US is the first one to meddle in other countries's businesses. When meddling isn't enough, they just overthrow govts. and put in puppet presidents instead. Calderon has every right to speak as long as the US keeps doing so.

Peace.

Am I missing something regarding Bush, Regan, Obama...When did they go and lecture another country's congress and yell them saying you are bad, bad..

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imprtracr1

YEAH I SAID IT

That has to be one of the most xenophobic and terribly fascists posts I've read in a while. So, um...where in the Constitution does it say that if I go out in public I can speak no other language besides English because its rude? I am studying Koine Greek for personal reasons, if I were to have a conversation with some of my friends who understand it, it would be extremely rude of us to do it in public?

Pfff...

Here, let me help:

Rosetta Stone

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Don't fall for such obvious games of politics.

The People of Mexico do not care what you do with your laws. Not one bit!

Thank you for helping us to deny ignorance. I think that people forget that when they are watching CSPAN its nothing more than a scripted joke.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
This is ridiculous. All this tooing and froing about English is the only languiage in the USA, no you can speak whatever you want, its the law, no its not.

One of the posters here already cited evidence that there is no law to state that English is the official language of the US.

But in the same time it is hard for a country to function well in a bi lingual society without the full agreement and cooperation of society and the social framework.

Look at
Belgium, Flemish and French
Singapore, English/Malay/Mandarin
India, English/Hindu
Holland, Dutch/English
Canada, English/French

All these countries and more have successfully recognised that they have a dual language history and have area of demarkation for it.

Should it not be hightime that the USA, recognised officially that a vast area of its territory from Florida to Californa, traditionally are areas of majority Spanish speaking. That the nation rose from the same situation as that of Canada. An amalgamation of colonial states arising from the clash of two empire. The British and the Spanish. Therefore it should only be right that the USA adopts Spanish as one of it's "official" languages. Without which you are ostracizing a large proportion of it's LEGAL community!.

By the way, I walked into t a 7.11 in Miami and ordered a pack of smokes in Spanish!!

There is no need to get angry about it. Even in the home of the English language, we have 2 official languages (and several recognised) English and Welsh. ( plus Urdu and Hindi are well signposted (as well as Polish))

Im a Canadian and I take acception to using us an example of a country who has used our bilingualism as a success. Do you not know how many times this country has wanted to seperate over the language issue. So America remember what makes you American and cherish that and when soemone wants to become apart of you is because you have what they desire. If they love the things of their own country they can stop the process of imigration and move back.

I have never seen the United Sates more divided than she is today. To many other countires have there opinions in what defines America.

And remeber I am not American. So my American friends fight dearly for what you have. Because if you did not have anything great there would not be this battle you are fighting now. But hey if not, go get that beer in the fidge and turn on the TV and watch Football, baseball or some condescending left or right political program.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Nivek Serca]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

I do recall Regan telling Mr. Gobachev to "Tear down this wall!"

They probably had already decided it was coming down but Regan wanted to look good for the people back home. Much like Calderon's speech. What ever is going to be done is probably already decided.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Nivek Serca

Well you can exception to whatever you like, but the fact remains that the official languages of Canada are English and French. You personally may not see it as Success. but several hundred years of NOT breaking up shows that maybe the system does work. and in a social frame work 2 languages can be used. Regardless of the ethic backgrounds of the Francos and the Anglos.

The Point to this is that it is seen, incorrectly in my opinion that the Spanish language is brought to the USA from Foreign states, and is a recent development.

Lets just says that the SW and area that were previously property of Mexico, (and by extension, Spain) adding the Spanish territories of the SE, DO have prior history of speaking Spanish. And thusly, is just as "native" a language to the US in modern time to those areas, just as "native" as English is to the Colonial states, as was. To try to suppress one for the other really is just a form of ethnic cleansing (Ican't wait for the responses to that one).

So Americans. You have a country in which there are 2 European language have equal right as the native language. In the time of the English traitors, that formed the first government of the USA (which did not include the Spanish Areas at that time. They spoke English, Fine)

But now, fro one reason or another the land encompasses areas that are Spanish speaking area, so what are you gonna do?? As I said, in its current form maybe Spanish should be recognised, as an official language of parts of the US. just as FRENCH is the accepted language in Quebec. You miht not like it but it is TRUE.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join