It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE chief won't process illegals from Arizona

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

ICE chief won't process illegals from Arizona

www.americanthinker.com

In the age of Attorney General Eric Holder - who not only won't pursue the case against the New Black Panther Party, who won't investigate the allegations that Joe Sestak was illegally offered inducements by the Obama administration to drop his primary challenge against Arlen Specter, who won't investigate similar offers made by the Obama team to former Colorado House Speaker Andrew Romanoff to drop his primary challenge to Senator Michael Bennett, who won't investigate ACORN on possible racketeering charges, who has a blase approach towards terrorism and who cannot even utter the words "
(visit the link for the full news article)

Additional links:

www.nypost.com...
chicagoist.com...

edit on 5/21/2010 by JacKatMtn because: add links

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I just caught a confirmation segment on Fox News on this very issue and will update later with a link to this story..

So now we have the Federal agency, entrusted to enforce Federal immigration statutes saying they may not process any illegals resulting from Arizona's new law on immigration.

This get's crazier and crazier every day..

www.americanthinker.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+27 more 
posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think that the state of Arizona needs to make a point and up the ante. Go back to the law and have it written down that if the federal government refuses to do its job and deport the illegale immigrants, then sentence them to hard time, putting Sherriff Joe Arpio in charge, letting him run the prison to hold the illegale immigrants indefinately until the federal government does its duty, and to inform all of its citizens that if they kill an illegale immigrant, when that person is caught in the middle of a crime, the citizen will not be prosecuted, and forbid the federal government from doing anything.

+6 more 
posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
OK, this is just insanity. Even if this is only a consideration, not enforcing immigration law, deporting illegals is criminal.

Illegals have no CIVIL RIGHTS. Only Human Rights.

The leadership in this country is psychotic or treasonous. Either way, they need to go.

They said the states have no authority to deport. If that is the case, and the Feds wont act, I say ARIZONA should load all the illegals on a bus and drop them off in L.A.

In fact, it might work out better, they openly said to Calidornia "Ok, your boycott worked, we will suspend the new law for 1 month." Then offer "amnesty" to all illegals who show up for the free bus ride West.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
They are holding off until they can pass legislation that we don't want along with border security.

Like national ID cards and implants...once we agree to give up some rights, they may do something about the illegals...

+27 more 
posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
To the Department Homeland Security: Citizenship and Immigration Service;

Why did I pay money, fill out paperwork, and follow every law on the book regarding my status as an immigrant if you guys didn't care about it to begin with?

Why did I have to go through the trouble, dropping hundreds of dollars to line your effing pockets? Am I just a chump to you? Is that it?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is not so crazy or even unpredictable.

I had stated many times that this is exactly what would happen. I could go dig up the threads, but it really isn't necessary.

And they don't even have to say this is a "protest" to the law really...they just simply do not have the manpower.

Does anyone really think that ICE is not busy down in Arizano 24/7? I believe they only have ONE field office in Arizona for detention and deportation...they just don't have the manpower to handle the increase in processing that this new law will produce. ICE already has their ongoing investigations and their own operations...the last thing they want to do is have to double check a local police officers "paper check" every 10 minutes. A police officer on this board had said that currently when they call ICE with a suspected illegal immigrant...ICE tells them they are not interested...I said right then that they same thing is going to happen...just face to face now.

On top of that...Federal ICE agents are not required to adhere to Arizona's law...they can't force them to deport or even investigate every single suspected illegal that they think they may have found.

Either Arizona didn't think of this...or they already knew this and didn't care. They knew when they passed this that they (the state of Arizona) do not have the authority to deport someone themselves...so they knew they would have to rely on ICE. Did they check with ICE and work with them on this law??? I don't think so. They knew ICE is already overwhelmed with work...this will just make things worse and probably slow down the process of deportation.

Some will say..."well then they need more ICE agents"...great....Is Arizona going to pay for that? I hear all the time that "I don't want my tax dollars going to this or that". Well I don't want my tax dollars going to hire more ICE agents to enforce Arizona's witch hunt.

Honestly people...what did you think was going to happen.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

If he does he is in violation of federal law and bill be prosecuted.

He will be in violation of state law, If a prosecutor decides not to prosecute, Convene a grand jury and have the criminal actions of the District attorney and the Ice agent involved deliberated on. I'am more than confident that a state with over 80% approval of 1070 will convince them both and sentence them to a healthy diet of hard labor.

Were a nation of laws lets get back to it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Go back to the law and have it written down that if the federal government refuses to do its job and deport the illegale immigrants, then sentence them to hard time, putting Sherriff Joe Arpio in charge, letting him run the prison to hold the illegale immigrants indefinately until the federal government does its duty

YAY...let's give up MORE of our freedoms in the "fight" against illegal immigration. You can't hold someone indefinately...and the state officials can NOT determine if someone is legal or not without ICE processing them and confirming them. All these state officials can do is refer them to ICE if they SUSPECT they are illegal...I would say a good percentage would be actual American citizens that were deemed illegal by a local cop.

So do you support Arizona holding AMERICAN CITIZENS indefinately that will no doubt be caught up in this new law by mistake???

inform all of its citizens that if they kill an illegale immigrant, when that person is caught in the middle of a crime, the citizen will not be prosecuted, and forbid the federal government from doing anything.

I'm just curious how this citizen is going to identify an illegal immigrant just by looking at them???

Sounds a lot like "shot first, ask questions later". What happens when a citizen kills a hispanic that they "thought" was an illegal immigrant?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I got the solution, take the illegals, put them in buses and drive them to DC and leave them in front of the White House, I am sure the white House have plenty of rooms to house most of them and also put plenty of tents in front of the Capitol building and put the rest in there.

That out to send the message, right?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TaxpayersUnleashed

Well if he fails to do the job that he was appointed to do he can be released from its duties, that is what is done first

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The reality is that it is Administrators of the Corporate Federal Government who ultimately determine the laws and rules of the land through their own arbitrary and unilateral actions as Agency Heads of the Corporate Federal Government.

These people are not elected, they are Political Appointees, and as such aren’t actually accountable to the people of the nation, but the entities that secured their appointments.

The do selectively apply the laws, to their own ends, to carry out the agendas of those who appointed them.

While we stand in line on Election Day, believing sincerely our votes do make a difference, the bulk of the most important decisions are carried out completely at the whim of appointed government officials who are not elected or worried about being reelected.

They only exist to serve their corporate masters who secured their appointments, and they wield the immense powers invested in them to that end.

The system is broken, constitutional government is a myth, the republic is a myth, and the electoral process being employed is not going to fix it, when the real decision makers and those with the most and the bulk of the power aren’t elected at all.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Sounds like it is time for Arizona to 'process' thee illegals themselves then.

This is what the Federal government is supposed to do, international problems, such as these.

Star and Flag!

How to 'process' those illegals now, hmmm........

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

...So now we have the Federal agency, entrusted to enforce Federal immigration statutes saying they may not process any illegals resulting from Arizona's new law on immigration.

Why would the Federal Govt, which doesn't support the Arizona State law, prosecute an offender of a AZ's State law? It makes no sense.

The Fed does NOT have jurisdiction. It's that simple.

I predict the AZ law will be challenged and will ultimately be repealed.

-E2

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

BRAVO

The truth voice of reality, we the voters in America are nothing but numbers that doesn't count anymore and neither our voices are heard anymore.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
These people have lost the plot, i can't fathom how enforcing illegal immigration laws has somehow created such an illogical and foolish response from so many people....i honestly can't understand it at all. Each new story about it becomes more and more surreal
Complete and utter madness.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Time for Arizona to either secede, sue the feds or send those illegals on buses to Washington DC with the feds paying for it.

Or all three.

Time for some action from Arizona.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Time for Arizona to either secede, sue the feds or send those illegals on buses to Washington DC with the feds paying for it.

Or all three.

Time for some action from Arizona.

I like it deport them to DC LOL

Drop them off in front of the White house!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed

If he does he is in violation of federal law and bill be prosecuted.

He will be in violation of state law, If a prosecutor decides not to prosecute, Convene a grand jury and have the criminal actions of the District attorney and the Ice agent involved deliberated on. I'am more than confident that a state with over 80% approval of 1070 will convince them both and sentence them to a healthy diet of hard labor.

Were a nation of laws lets get back to it.

What sheer idiocy. You want to prosecute a District Attorney. For what????? Deportations are not criminal proceedings. They are administrative actions. Even if it was criminal, by law a prosecutor has discretion. Or is that a law you want ignored. And cite the law your hypothetical ICE agent broke. Or are you just making that up, too. If not, list the Arizona statute number or US Code provision. Shall I wait up? No, I think I'll go fire another employee from AZ instead.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Arizona should load the illegals on a train and have them shipped off to Washington DC. Let DC handle them.

I'm very dissapointed with Obama. He's dropping the ball on this one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join