It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE chief won't process illegals from Arizona

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
you are painting all illegals as thieves right off the bat, so i'm not sure if i can ever change your mind on that.

metaphor: a figure of speech in which an expression is used to refer to something that it does not literally denote in order to suggest a similarity wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

I refer you to this post, I made previously in this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

sounds like you are anti-union, thats another topic for another day, sorry for taking the ops thread off track. now if we can resume with our regularly scheduled program....

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

to be fair, i read your post earlier, it seems you just added that in there, i respect your idea, and its not a bad one.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

i believe illegal immigration needs to be stopped and the numbers are now a burden to our society. for the ones that are already here, i believe they should be allowed some sort of amnesty following a background check, proof that they are working, proof that they can pass an english course, and payment or a garnishment of future wages to pay a fine for coming here illegaly.

So, how many more times should we grant your form of amnesty?

For over 200 years, the United states only granted amnesty in individual cases and had never given amnesty to large numbers of illegal aliens. Then in 1986, Congress passed the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) which gave amnesty to all illegal aliens who had evaded law enforcement for at least four years or who were working illegally in agriculture. This resulted in 2.8 million illegal aliens being admitted as legal immigrants to the United States.

Because of chain migration, those granted amnesty have brought in an additional 142,000 dependents - relatives brought in to the United States to join their family members.

The amnesty of 1986 was supposed to be a "one time only" amnesty. Yet since 1986, Congress passed a total of 7 amnesties for illegal aliens:

The Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA) Amnesty of 1986 - the "one-time only" blanket amnesty for some 2.8 million illegal aliens.
Section 245(i) The Amnesty of 1994 - a temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens.
Section 245(i) The Extension Amnesty of 1997 - an extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994.
The Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty of 1997 - an amnesty for nearly one million illegal aliens from Central America.
The Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA) of 1998 - an amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti.
The Late Amnesty of 2000 - an amnesty for approximately 400,000 illegal aliens who claimed they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty.
The LIFE Act Amnesty of 2000 - a reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty to an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.

Source: www.theamericanresistance.com...

Will number eight be the last? Sure, that's what was said the past seven times.

Edit: I forgot to provide the source info.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by WTFover]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

it seems you just added that in there,

Nope.

Accusations like that will discontinue any attempt at civil discussion.

I, at first, inadvertently left out that statement. However, it was edited prior to our engaging each other in this discussion.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by WTFover]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Not entirely true. Remember Elian Gonzales? Bill Clinton had him taken from (I believe) his mother and sent back to Cuba. That really made me sick.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

like i said that statement was not there the first time i read it, that wasnt an accusation. nevertheless this is the internet and its easy to misconstrue what i was saying.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

As wedge issues go, illegal immigration has become an important and defining issue, and the recent Arizona Bill serves as yet another reflection of the political landscape nationally, and how increasingly a federal government willfully moves in directions contrary to the will of the people.

Absolutely. And while they move in directions that are contrary to the will of the people they use the media to divide us even further and set us at one anothers throats. And while we fight and blame one another for what their "team" (political party) is doing/has done, they continue along the very same track they have been traveling for the last 100 years or better.

"Wedge issue" is exactly what the illegal immigration issue is. Not only does it divide a citizenry who desperately need to be united at this point in time to preserve our Constitution and the shreds of our democracy that remain, but it also is part of a long running program to make the very idea of borders and nationalism seem wrong somehow. Racist. BAD.

One thing that should not be forgotten by the common person who is getting caught up in this idea that borders and national identities are BAD and WRONG and RACIST, is that the corporations and entities that are driving us in this direction are not removing the borders and boundaries between themselves and THEIR competitors. They are only seeking to have us, the worlds working class, remove the national borders that define us as competitive groups. Those borders that not only define us as peoples, but that serve to outline our rights and expectations of those who do business within our borders.

It really is time for the public to wake up and refuse to be sucked into the games that are sold to us with little heart wrenching or warming vignettes. Keeping illegals out of our country is not about racism. It is about nationhood itself, which is under attack not only here in the US but around the world. And as I pointed out, the groups pushing for a borderless nationless world are not themselves doing away with boundaries and borders. They are as separate and competitive as ever. Both with each other and with us, the worlds working class.

You should never let your competitors or enemies define your goals and path, and that is exactly what the worlds people are doing right now. We are allowing corporations and other wealthy concerns define our policies, and attack the very idea of nationhood, and we are doing nothing whatsoever to stop them.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

nevertheless this is the internet and its easy to misconstrue what i was saying.

Very true and I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
reply to post by butcherguy

Not entirely true. Remember Elian Gonzales? Bill Clinton had him taken from (I believe) his mother and sent back to Cuba. That really made me sick.

Elian Gonzales lost his mother on the trip from cuba to the US. His father had the right to demand that his son be returned to him.

The US just did what was right. Return a child to his parent.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join