It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE chief won't process illegals from Arizona

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
OK, OK, This is the plan, 2012 Presidential Election.
We need to Vote Out The Obama Clan of Thugs.
By doing so we could get as our new Chief of ICE:

Now won't that be Great! Get'er Done. Vote Out The Liberal Progressives that wants all of us to be Obedient to the Obama Government.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Maybe I am missing the mission statement of ICE?

ICE Mission Statement

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is the largest investigative agency in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

Formed in 2003 as part of the federal government's response to the 9/11 attacks, ICE's mission is to protect the security of the American people and homeland by vigilantly enforcing the nation's immigration and customs laws.

ICE combines innovative investigative techniques, new technological resources and a high level of professionalism to provide a wide range of resources to the public and to our federal, state and local law enforcement partners.

ICE is comprised of four operational divisions:

* Office of Detention and Removal Operations (DRO)
* Office of Investigations (OI)
* Office of Intelligence (Intel)
* Office of International Affairs (OIA)

With more than 19,000 employees in over 400 offices in the U.S. and around the world, ICE plays a vital role in the DHS layered defense approach to protecting the nation.

So if they are declining to do what is obviously written in their MISSION statement.

Why are they even a Federal Agency? They should be disbanded and kicked to the curb.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The more new stuff I hear and read about the the way Arizona is being pissed on by these baboons the angrier I get
Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

We all need to come together in support of brothers and sisters in Arizona. Get t-shirts printed that say I love Arizona. Throw Arizona theme partys. Someone get a Facebook group started. Take your vacation in Phoenix this year. Phone in your support to Arizona's governor and your displeasure to the capital and your own locality if they are among the brainless turds pulling city boycots and the like.

A local radio station here in Columbus is holding a contest with free trips to Arizona as a prize in response to Mayor Colemans ban on city travel to Arizona.

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So we already have a decent consensus that the ATF, you know the agency that says shoestrings are machine guns and seize airsoft guns, is pretty much inept. ICE is essentially refusing to enforce it's mandate. Medicare/caide and Social security need thier money back? I think you all are smart enough to see where I am heading with this.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Here is more PROOF, ICE is ineffective and useless.

Remember the story of the little girl that mentioned her illegal mom to the first lady?

First, after a second-grade girl in a suburban Maryland school quizzed Michelle Obama about whether the president would be deporting her mother because she "doesn't have papers" documenting her U.S. citizenship, officials with the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) announced that they would not be trying to locate the parent in question. They have also announced that they will not deport the girl's mother if she were to surface.

"ICE is a federal law enforcement agency that focuses on smart, effective immigration enforcement that prioritizes criminal aliens who pose a threat to our communities," ICE spokesman Matthew Chandler told the Washington Post's Ed O'Keefe. "Our investigations are based on solid law enforcement work and not classroom Q and As."

SOURCE

There you go. They are openly saying, they wont do what they are supposed to do.

The nation is in chaos at the hands of traitors and invaders.

We are lost.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Failing in his oath to uphold US Constitution

www.usconstitution.net...

Article 4 - The States
Section 4 - Republican Government

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

Pictures of the invasion of illegal aliens into the United States

www.desertinvasion.us...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Actually, I'm glad to see this coming to a head. (And yes, what did you expect the feds to do? Kowtow to Arizona's pressure? - Not likely).

Anyway, the feds have put off dealing with illegal immigration for SO long, that now, it's a huge mess. And even though I disagree with Az's law, it has at least brought the problem back into the spotlight where it belongs.

I was just watching "Border Wars" today (didn't know there was such a show) and they were saying that HUNDREDS of people get caught some nights after entering the country! Then we have to process them and we ship them all back to do it all over again.

Why send them back if they're just going to turn around and do it again! What a waste!

By the way, I support ICE in not dealing with the people Arizona's law catches. It IS a federal problem and it's for the FEDs to handle. I know, they're not doing their job, but threatening and pressuring this way is NOT the way to get it done, IMO.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
And even though I disagree with Az's law,

By the way, I support ICE in not dealing with the people Arizona's law catches. It IS a federal problem and it's for the FEDs to handle. I know, they're not doing their job, but threatening and pressuring this way is NOT the way to get it done, IMO.

what is it you disagree with? merely jurisdiction or something about content?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

I just caught a confirmation segment on Fox News on this very issue and will update later with a link to this story..

So now we have the Federal agency, entrusted to enforce Federal immigration statutes saying they may not process any illegals resulting from Arizona's new law on immigration.

This get's crazier and crazier every day..

www.americanthinker.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

It's not surprising really. They were only pretending to enforce the laws before. Now they've made it official that they won't. They've just stopped pretending.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

it only costed you hundreds of dollars? someone on here posted that costs close to $30,000 to become legal...sounds like a few hundred dollars is a good deal, and i doubt the illegals would be paying coyotes $2000 to cross if the knew it only costs hundreds not thousands to come over...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well here is the issue with that. ICE's mission, from it's gov't website I might add, is:" Formed in 2003 as part of the federal government's response to the 9/11 attacks, ICE's mission is to protect the security of the American people and homeland by vigilantly enforcing the nation's immigration and customs laws. "

Now the last part of that statement is important: "by vigilantly enforcing the nation's immigration and customs laws. " Nowhere in this mission statement does it say to create policy, or to subjectively enforce parts of the law. It says vigilantly ENFORCING the nation's immigration and customs laws. They are not policy or lawmakers. They don't get to decide which laws they can and will enforce. Thier mandate is to enforce. To pick and choose whom to enforce the law on is DISCRIMINATION. And illegal. If the Federal prosecutors want to make a political point by not working with AZ, by all means that is within thier power. But ICE has no such power and ignoring or not cooperating with local officials is dereliction of duty, and is punishable by termination.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by djvexd]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It appears to me that they won't enforce the laws because they want amnesty declared for all current residents, as it was however many years ago. this is the only solution acceptable by the party in power because they believe it will give them an large block of indebted voters who will keep them in power indefinitely. I have never heard anybody mention an "immigration reform" plan that did not involve universal amnesty. I can't tell if the borders are then to be left open or if there would be some token attempt to control them, though none of the promises made the last time amnesty was declared ever happened. which is why we are in the situation we are in.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The reason Arizona has created this law is due to the lack of the Federal Government enforcing existing immigration law, plain and simple.

Why is there a need for reform? The current law in place is more than fair to folks who wish to enter the country, to join family, to gain employment, or seek the American dream. It is still available to those who follow the law.

The sole reason for this crisis lies on the shoulders of the government, not you, not me, not Arizona, and it's not Obama, not Bush Jr, this has been happening since Clinton and possibly earlier.

Just take a look at this CBO report on Immigration Policy from 2006 it's a PDF file so I wanted to give you a heads up if you don't like messing with those type files..

www.cbo.gov...

If you do take a look, tell me how the policy is lacking, how is it unfair, because I can't see it.

All I can see, is a complete failure of the enforcers of the law to do their taxpayer funded jobs and make sure that everyone desiring to enter the country, know, that we welcome everyone as long as they are willing to follow some simple procedures.

Is that too much to ask?

I don't think so.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
Well here is the issue with that. ICE's mission, from it's gov't website I might add, is:" Formed in 2003 as part of the federal government's response to the 9/11 attacks, ICE's mission is to protect the security of the American people and homeland by vigilantly enforcing the nation's immigration and customs laws. "

I know. I read that. And I agree that the feds have failed. However, it says, "vigilantly enforcing the nation's immigration and customs laws", not Arizona's immigration and customs laws.

Jack has it right. It's the ENFORCEMENT of the FEDERAL laws that is lacking. We don't need new laws. We need enforcement of existing laws. (How many times have we heard that?)

[edit on 5/21/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Problem is: AZ's law is nothing more than a re-stating of the federal-law. And Arizona is part of the nation and is covered under federal law. By the outlook you have you could say that any local officer who picks someone up on a federal violation, whatever it may be, shouldn't arrest the person because it isn't within his jurisdiction? This sets a bad federal precedent that can be used in courts as a matter of discrimination. Plain and simple. They are getting into this pissing match and guarnatee you this, that the bottom-feeder lawyers are watching this and putting together thier legal briefs right now. Enforcement agencies enforce. Leave the political wrangling to the judicial and politicians.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
Problem is: AZ's law is nothing more than a re-stating of the federal-law.

If that's the case, then why is it necessary? If it's totally redundant, then there's no need for it. AZ made it a STATE law that a person can't be in the country illegally. They need to enforce their state laws.

They are getting into this pissing match and guarnatee you this, that the bottom-feeder lawyers are watching this and putting together thier legal briefs right now.

With that, I agree 100%!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Cheap Labour Mexicans were wanted by the Southern states were they not?
If there was no promise of ready work they would not have crossed the border illegally?
Why is the most powerful nation on Earth unable to secure its own borders?
Its too late to be whining like ninnies now, you are now a part Latin nation in effect.
The sad thing is most mexicans are probably decent and law abiding (if not pro Anglo American) but the policy of allowing illegal entry by the Southern states to use them as cheap labour has allowed criminals to be amongst the law abiding.
perhaps the time is right now to have security checks made on all illegal immigarants , by offering amnesty to those who voluntarily succumb to a once only thorough background check.
Then have an mexican immigration policy whereby only thosE WHO have BEEN SCREENED can legally enter
Its too late now to wish Latins were not going to be a major voice in your future nation,but at least theywill be law abiding ones not drug crazy violent hardbutts.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
brand the word banned on there foreheads and drive them to the border... no processing needed , just a bus waiting and a man with a branding iron..would take only a few minutes to get them ready to go home....

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
reply to post by projectvxn

it only costed you hundreds of dollars? someone on here posted that costs close to $30,000 to become legal...sounds like a few hundred dollars is a good deal, and i doubt the illegals would be paying coyotes $2000 to cross if the knew it only costs hundreds not thousands to come over...

I was allowed into the country on an I-94 status of Refugee Pursuant.
Meaning we had bad guys after us. It lowers your costs. But that isn't the point now is it? The point is, My parents did the right thing, later on my brother and I did the right thing, and now we're getting ripped off.

When the administration and congress talks about immigration reform I get a vision of floodgates opening up, washing everything in with reckless abandon.

So I guess your point is that my relative low cost makes my argument moot. I suppose in a dishonest world that would be true.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The reason for them to make it a state-level law was because prior to this, it was the sole discretion of ICE whether or not to even look into someone's record to determine whether to proceed and because of the lack of manpower illegals caught at the local level generally were ignored by ICE. So you have dangerous convicted criminals (not all, so don't start the ALL illegals are criminals arguement) that were maybe picked up on a DUI or something minor, but had a really nasty background and was here illegally and the ICE investigations bureau may or may not get a memo 5-6 weeks after the guy is released. Before all of this generally the locals left alone as they knew nothing would happen. And I want to be clear there are quite a few local AZ cops who don't like this law as well. But the issue isn't whether or not they like or don't like the bill the Feds have a mandate and a responsibility to enforce all laws regardless. There is no wiggle room. The fact that they are not is a dereliction of duty plain and simple. What happens if local cop sees a violation of a law that requires detaining, and decides not to enforce it? He gets terminated. Federal LEO's are no different. Because it provides grounds for a discrimination claim. BTW please don't take this as a negative post towards you or any condescension in any fashion, it is not meant that way...although reading back through my posts it could be construed that way.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by djvexd]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join