It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jesus Complex

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

The real reason I suspect:

"Last, I decided it was jesus week. I want to inspire some very controversial topics, because they need to be discussed openly. "

Translation - I wanted to generate some ATS points and this is how I decided to do it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Nowhere in the Bible does Jesus ask for war or money, he actually is angered by the Pahrohsees for taking money for greedy reasons. He also preaches against violence. Any war in the name of God are waged by murders who aren't even really Christain. Just because you claim to be a Christain, doesn't make you one, believing in Christ and following his word is a Christain. People are so quick to ridilcule the Bible , when they haven't even read it, or blame Christianity for war or the ways of men.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Where and when is this happening, please?

" God is on our side "

" God keep us safe "
" God is with us "

What about the other guys ? does god not protect them ???

This is not evidence of millions of people being killed every day in American cities in the name of Jesus.
Does nobody understand the concept of sticking to the subject?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I would like to put out for you, at this moment, I consider myself to be Christian. I in no way endorse, any Christian religion.

I don't go to church, and I do not tithe, so I am not being argumentative in anyway to support any church. I am not defending any Christian church.

So, with all that said, I'd still like a straight answer to all the questions I have asked you in earlier posts.

Okay fair enough, and thanks for sharing that.

I want you guys to consider this aspect of it.

The problem is way too big to point fingers at one specific group.

There is however the zionist movement which believe they have been given right by GOD over the land of Israel.

So there is a conflict because there are other groups fighting for the same thing.

If you went to the US Grande Lodge website and poked around, especially paying attention to the works of the OTO and Aleister Crowley that have been modified into US Laws.

There are several societies that work hand in hand with churches called Mystery Babalon Religion and they are a secret society and from these groups one of their primary focus on bringing muslims and christians to war with each other.

Divide and conquer.

They figure if they could get christians and muslims to go to war with each other and I have found evidence of the OTO altering texts as well as openly discussing this. But the document came from a very lenggthy transcript, so if you will be patient with me I will start digging.

www.thelemapedia.org...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

The real reason I suspect: "Last, I decided it was jesus week. I want to inspire some very controversial topics, because they need to be discussed openly. " Translation - I wanted to generate some ATS points and this is how I decided to do it.

You're right. It couldn't possibly be that the poster had a legitimate concern about the state of the world and wanted people to consider themselves. Right, it had everything to do with ATS points.

Is what is being laid out taking you out of your comfort zone? Your own little justifications that what is going on is quite fine? Or could it be that you are offended that the name Jesus was mentioned?

He doesn't need anyone to stick up for Him you know. He is God by the way, am I correct? The opening post is a way for you to consider that we are all being misled. It's not the opening punches of a religious fight.

Stop being insecure about your faith and consider that we Christians and Muslims and Jews have all been fed a lie and that our perceptions about who and what God are have been given to us through a war machine that really wants us all dead.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is the trolliest trollpost I've ever seen.

This is way below top secret.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Please cite some sources that would substantiate your claim that wars are funded by tax dollars .

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

You're right. It couldn't possibly be that the poster had a legitimate concern about the state of the world and wanted people to consider themselves. Right, it had everything to do with ATS points.

Then, that should have been stated up front, rather than the roundabout way it was presented. I disgaree with you admonishing this person, because the OP put the horse before the cart, so to speak. Get to the point, and don't look for people to validate your ideas, if you aren't straight forward with them. All we have asked, is for the OP to supply proof of his statements. They still are not here......so, while it is ok for you to feel the way you do, not all of us will fall for empty words.

Stop being insecure about your faith and consider that we Christians and Muslims and Jews have all been fed a lie and that our perceptions about who and what God are have been given to us through a war machine that really wants us all dead.

So, do you want more lies, without proof? Isn't that sort of like jumping from the frying pan, into the fire?

edit to fix quote

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I don't need to site that for you if you are a tax paying citizen. If you were, you would know where your own tax dollars are spent.

edit to add:

Are you even a tax paying citizen of the US????????????LOL

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
This is the trolliest trollpost I've ever seen.

This is way below top secret.

Yeah, I think I am pretty much done here, for the reason you said. No point in discussing this person's one sided opinions on why it should even be Jesus week.

Pretty lame!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
hermetic.com...

Yet the freedom of the artist, the pure beauty of nature, and the liberty of each of us to live our lives as we choose are still under threat—and despite all our progress, this threat may be greater now than in many years. The Slave Religions have used the weapons of fear, guilt, superstition, greed, terror and paranoia to achieve significant gains in political, ideological, and cultural power during recent decades, notably in the forms of militant Islamic Fundamentalism and Christian Dominionism.

It takes strength to stand in defense of Beauty, Truth, and Freedom, and strength requires unity.

Even while we celebrate our diversity and individuality with justified exuberance, it is critical that we remember those principles we hold in common, and those things we owe to each other as brothers and sisters of this, our Holy Order.

We are a religious Order. Our religion is that of Thelema. Our Thelema is not some meaningless diversion like this so-called “Rabelaisian” Thelema—Saint Rabelais never intended his satirical, fictional device to serve as a practical blueprint for a real human society. And it is not some revisionist imposture, such as that put forth by some of the proponents of the so-called “New Aeon English Qabalah.” Our Thelema is that of the Book of the Law and the writings of Aleister Crowley—the Master Therion, the Prophet of the Aeon of Horus.

This is what we are about, and this is what we are—our guide is the Book of the Law, and our Law is “Do What Thou Wilt.”

Despite all our individual differences of manner, opinion, preference, interest, and enthusiasm, these are things on which we must agree.

How can we face the challenges of our age if we are divided against ourselves? Standing by our fundamental, shared principles does not mean that we must give up our individual wills, our freedom to create as we will and to be who we must be, or that we must let others do our thinking for us. Nor does it mean that we must lock ourselves into the past, like the Amish, blinding ourselves to the latest discoveries in physics, neuroscience, biochemistry, archaeology, anthropology, and genetics, or to the march of historical events and technological advances that continually transforms the cultural narrative of Western society.

Quite the contrary. Our Law is infinitely adaptable, and Truth has nothing to fear from Reality.

However, just as our Order must be firmly united to face the Slave Religions in strength, so must each of us be firmly united in ourselves to accomplish our True Wills. We must hold ourselves accountable for the Oaths we have taken, the commitments we have made, the allegiances we have forged, and the duties we have willingly accepted. In our dealings with each other, we must exercise the utmost in frankness and good faith. We must each become fluent in the literature of the Law of Thelema, we must learn to apply this Law in our day-to-day decisions and challenges, and we must extend it into the world for the benefit of those whose will it is to receive it. We must strengthen ourselves--and each other--with knowledge, wisdom, wit, energy, fraternity--and art.

There is strength in beauty, brothers and sisters, and there is beauty in strength.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

" Translation - I wanted to generate some ATS points and this is how I decided to do it. "

The OP has the same rights that you do when it comes to posting threads on ATS .

As far as I can tell , he has thus far been in compliance with the T&C of ATS .

Your statement above is clearly in violation of the T&C , as it has nothing to do with the topic the OP is wishing to discuss , but is a personal attack instead .

The OP has his heart in the right place , and I know exactly what it is he is trying to say .

I'm only observing so far , but will most likely get involved in this discussion before it's over with .

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I have made threads where I really couldn't articulate what my point was. I knew I had a point to make but I couldn't see it clearly without the help of other members. Instead of jumping down someones throat, try to get to what it is that is really being said.

I might be right in that this is what the opening post was all about, but I may be wrong. Either way, the opening post asks us clearly about the accountability of our faith and I don't see a trolling issue or a point hungry member. I see someone asking a very straightforward question to which he's been asked to show proof and links and what not.

Also, I know that I am coming off very offensively, but I sort of have to be to get my point across. Let me just say that I don't have anything against christians, I used to consider myself to be a christian. It is the unnaccountability of your faith that I have an issue with and I hope we can discuss this openly.

So with a statement like that, we can ask ourselves if we are in fact turning a blind eye to some of the things going on and if what is going on in the world today has anything to do with God. Are we being complicit to retain our comfort zones and are we being complicit because we believe that God would have us do these things?

Politicians and leaders around election time will tell us plainly about their Christian faith and we are led to believe that they hold dear these virtues. Is our foreign policy really aligned with Jesus's words? We don't have to quote scripture to say, "Do unto others as you would have them done unto you."

Edit to add the.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by jackflap]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I will try to find something.

The non-profit tax thing is a tricky business, but for now just go to wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org...

A non-profit organization (abbreviated as NPO, also known as a not-for-profit organization[1]) is an organization that does not distribute its surplus funds to owners or shareholders, but instead uses them to help pursue its goals.[2] Examples of NPOs include charities (i.e. charitable organizations), trade unions, and public arts organizations. Most governments and government agencies meet this definition, but in most countries they are considered a separate type of organization and not counted as NPOs. They are in most countries exempt from income and property taxation.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I was probably a taxpayer long before you were ever a gleam in you daddy's eye .

Yes , you do need to cite it for me , you made the claim , therefore you need to cite your source .

Until then , don't demand that the OP cite any sources for you .

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

No proof, no examples, no references to back up his statements.

Is what is being laid out taking you out of your comfort zone? Your own little justifications that what is going on is quite fine? Or could it be that you are offended that the name Jesus was mentioned?

You don't know what my comfort zone is. I just want the documentation that you could take to a grand jury. Not mere allegations. Show us some proof.

He doesn't need anyone to stick up for Him you know. He is God by the way, am I correct?

No man is God.

The opening post is a way for you to consider that we are all being misled. It's not the opening punches of a religious fight. Stop being insecure about your faith and consider that we Christians and Muslims and Jews have all been fed a lie and that our perceptions about who and what God are have been given to us through a war machine that really wants us all dead.

Name the lies. Who made them? What are the lies? Give us some examples.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

I was probably a taxpayer long before you were ever a gleam in you daddy's eye .

Yes , you do need to cite it for me , you made the claim , therefore you need to cite your source .

Until then , don't demand that the OP cite any sources for you .

As I told you via U2U, I am 54 years old, and done with this thread. If you don't know where your tax dollars have gone for your lifetime, since you claim to be older than I am, go ahead, and drink the Kool-aid from the OP in this thread.

Shame on you, to be your age, and not know where your tax dollars are spent!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Now, I'm not sure where you stand in regards to Christianity or religion. The fact is there are millions who are influenced by religion and it is this influence that is being used to promote an agenda in my opinion. Do you remember Boykin? Let me give you some examples and a little history on him.

Lieutenant General William G. Boykin (retired) was the United States Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence. He has played a role in almost every recent major American military operation, serving in Grenada, Somalia, and Iraq. He is currently a professor at Hampden-Sydney College, Virginia, and author of "Never Surrender: A Soldier's Journey to the Crossroads of Faith and Freedom." From 1978-1993 Boykin was assigned in various capacities to Delta Force.

He has gained notoriety for his Christian Fundamentalist views over the last few years and some public remarks. Boykin is a born-again Christian, who has cast the "War on Terror" in Biblical terms. A Pentagon investigation concluded in 2004 that he had violated regulations by failing to explain these remarks were not made in an official capacity. Boykin achieved widespread media coverage for his statements that appeared to frame the War on Terror in religious terms, first broadcast on NBC News, October 15, 2003

On 10 April 2008, Boykin spoke at Epicenter 2008, a conference in Israel hosted by Joel C. Rosenberg. His closing statement made a large round of applause:

We as believers have been promised that we will spend an eternity with God. Last Saturday I was doing a men's conference in Fredricksburg, Virginia and I was praying during the worship service and something dawned on me and it was the Holy Spirit speaking to me. And the Holy Spirit said, "this is what I want you to share with My men today", and I'm going to share it with you and this is what it is: One day, we're going to stand before the gates of Heaven. Some of us want to be able to walk up there in a white robe and we want to sing Abba Father and Amazing Grace and we want to say to the Lord, "I worshiped You." But I want you to think about this: Heres the way I want to enter the gates of Heaven. I want to come skidding in there on all fours. I want to be slipping and sliding and I want to hit the gates of heaven with a bang. And when I stand up and I stand before Christ, I want there to be blood on my knees and my elbows. I want to be covered with mud. And I want to be standing there with a ragged breast plate of righteousness. And a spear in my hand. And I want to say, "Look at me, Jesus. I've been in the battle. I've been fighting for you." Ladies and gentlemen, put your armor on and get into battle. God bless you.

On September 26, 2009, retired Lt. General Jerry Boykin gave an address at a How to Take Back America Conference in St. Louis, MO. hosted by the Eagle Forum. According to the Canada Free Press, General Boykin asked the audience. "What are you prepared to give up for America? Are you willing to pay the ultimate price?" He followed up with warning, "there is no greater threat to America than Islam"

en.wikipedia.org...

So you have to ask yourself, have we and are we now being led to believe that all that is going on in the world is from God? Remember also that the Muslims have the same kind of "hero" in their employ as we do in Boykin and they are promoting the same kind of stuff on their end.

Most of this was taken from a similar discussion I was having in another thread that I'll leave a link for.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now you may or may not find yourself complicit in allowing what is going on but this is merely being brought up to make people aware. Whether or not you believe this is going on is up to you of course.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Here ya go:

Spent & Approved War-Spending - About $900 billion of US taxpayers' funds spent or approved for spending through Sept 2010.

U.S. 2009 Monthly Spending in Iraq - $7.3 billion as of Oct 2009

U.S. 2008 Monthly Spending in Iraq - $12 billion

U.S. Spending per Second - $5,000 in 2008 (per Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid on May 5, 2008)

Cost of deploying one U.S. soldier for one year in Iraq - $390,000 (Congressional Research Service)

Lost & Unaccounted for in Iraq - $9 billion of US taxpayers' money and $549.7 milion in spare parts shipped in 2004 to US contractors. Also, per ABC News, 190,000 guns, including 110,000 AK-47 rifles.

Missing - $1 billion in tractor trailers, tank recovery vehicles, machine guns, rocket-propelled grenades and other equipment and services provided to the Iraqi security forces. (Per CBS News on Dec 6, 2007.)

Mismanaged & Wasted in Iraq - $10 billion, per Feb 2007 Congressional hearings

Halliburton Overcharges Classified by the Pentagon as Unreasonable and Unsupported - $1.4 billion

Amount paid to KBR, a former Halliburton division, to supply U.S. military in Iraq with food, fuel, housing and other items - $20 billion

Portion of the $20 billion paid to KBR that Pentagon auditors deem "questionable or supportable" - $3.2 billion

Number of major U.S. bases in Iraq - 75 (The Nation/New York Times)

TROOPS IN IRAQ

Troops in Iraq - Total 95,000 U.S. troops as of February 28, 2010. All other nations have withdrawn their troops.

U.S. Troop Casualties - 4,397 US troops; 98% male. 91% non-officers; 82% active duty, 11% National Guard; 74% Caucasian, 9% African-American, 11% Latino. 19% killed by non-hostile causes. 54% of US casualties were under 25 years old. 72% were from the US Army

Non-U.S. Troop Casualties - Total 316, with 179 from the UK

US Troops Wounded - 31,778, 20% of which are serious brain or spinal injuries. (Total excludes psychological injuries.)

US Troops with Serious Mental Health Problems - 30% of US troops develop serious mental health problems within 3 to 4 months of returning home

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

When I first stumbled across the Non-Profit Tax Conspiracy I was reading this.

It goes into detail about how America will be fundementally destroyed.
It also states that there is a group of non-profit religious orginizations pooling together their money for a future attempt to send all the Jews back to Israel. So this example is not a direct funding of the war, but it sure is fueling the conflict.

watch.pair.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join