It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jesus Complex

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hold on to your hats ATS because this week is Jesus week and we are pulling out all the stops.

I want to discuss the mentality of the common Jesus loving christian. No offense, but millions of innocents are murdered every year in his name and for what?

Better yet, how does the common Jesus loving Christian tolerate such acts?

If you believe that the fate of millions lies in the hands of Jesus, that would make it very easy to walk away from such a situation rather than taking action and confronting it?

Finally, what gives you the right to harrass people for their money or about their religious beliefs?

Also, I know that I am coming off very offensively, but I sort of have to be to get my point across. Let me just say that I don't have anything against christians, I used to consider myself to be a christian. It is the unnaccountability of your faith that I have an issue with and I hope we can discuss this openly.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
I want to discuss the mentality of the common Jesus loving christian. No offense, but millions of innocents are murdered every year in his name and for what?

Where and when is this happening, please?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Every day, every city, in america at any given time. Probably right now.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Can you quote some evidence for this, because this is new information to me?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I could plant a bomb in a school and say I'd done it in the name of the Red cross, but that doesn't make them responsible. It's very common for people to hide themselves from the things that hurt themselves the most (usually the way we've been treated and the way we treat others) so people make up reasons, even leaders of nations. There's no more justifiable a reason than doing something in the name of God.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
OK our court system for example.

Thats the best example I have right now.

The IRS, Religious non-profit orginizations, Alcoholics anomynous. The 700 club. All the crap on TV. Everything.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

If you believe that the fate of millions lies in the hands of Jesus, that would make it very easy to walk away from such a situation rather than taking action and confronting it?

I believe you are referring to the fundamentalists. Their perception has been altered actually. When you compare the sermon on the mount with what is going on in the world today you will realize that God has nothing to do with this. The media and really a vast network of people who are a part of a Faith Force Multiplier system want us to believe that the foreign policies and acts of war that are perpetrated are all part of Biblical prophecies.

This leads the fundamentalists to believe that their redemption is near and to just go along with the system because God is doing all of this. It is very subtle but very powerful stuff. Remember all the rhetoric that Bush would use? He was more than happy to equate our foreign policies with Armageddon. This was all part of the plan to give free reign to those in power to consolidate resources and people. It is still going on, not only with the Christians but the Muslims and the Jewish faithful as well.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The IRS, Religious non-profit orginizations, Alcoholics anomynous. The 700 club. All the crap on TV. Everything.

And you are saying that all these are murdering people in the name of Jesus? Can you provide specific example of individual cases when people were killed in the name of Jesus by these organisations? Who died, and when did they die, and who killed them, specifically?

And is your court system specifically acting "in the name of Jesus", or is it something to do with enforcing the law?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

TV is killing millions each day, how? LOL.

You're a troll right?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I gave you a star and would give you more if I could. I think you nailed it.

Islam and Christianity are pitted against each other. Divide and conquer.. Most will not ever see the real enemy face to face.

The war in Iraq. What is the death toll there?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Durant

It's a slow and painful death.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

And the deaths carried out "in the name of Jesus" on every day in every city of America? People murdered by the IRS (which is not a Christian organisation)? People murdered by TV?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

OK our court system for example. Thats the best example I have right now. The IRS, Religious non-profit orginizations, Alcoholics anomynous. The 700 club. All the crap on TV. Everything.

Wow! Since when has the IRS been a Christian organization. Wait until Chris Hansen (not the one on TV) but the one who runs "famguardian.org". Chris is a conventionalist Christian and for years he has never seen a link to Christianity in the IRS. (I think he actually believes the IRS is ran by Satan, but I have never heard him say so, but the implication is there).

Oh by the way, What Christian organization do the people who generate "South Park" belong?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by jagdflieger]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Slowly but surely.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Better yet, how does the common Jesus loving Christian tolerate such acts?

... I am afraid this is completely untrue. Unless you can point to some evidence of all of those that are "murdered" every year in the name of Jesus Christ, I hope you don't just expect everyone to take your word for it. As how such "Christians" tolerate such acts ... that is an individual question. I would assume true Christians do not condone murder in the name of Jesus ... or murder at all.

I would really like to see some evidence for these claims.

Finally, what gives you the right to harrass people for their money or about their religious beliefs?

I could ask you the same for the latter. You claim that millions of people are murdered each year in the name of Jesus Christ and you openly admit that you are coming off offensively to get your point across. Many Christians will view this as an attack on their beliefs.

First, ever heard of separation of church and state? I would hardly affiliate the courts with Christianity. Second, the IRS? Once again separation of church and state. Third, have you ever considered all the good that has come from religious non-profit organizations and Alcoholics Anonymous? Think of all the charity work that has been done and all the lives have been saved and improved because of such organizations. Not to mention not all religious non-profit organizations are Christian based and Alcoholics Anonymous doesn't force it's members to a particular belief system.

Every organization has the potential for corruption ... I wouldn't aim my cross-hair at "Christians" in particular myself.

Your whole thread so far seems like nothing but nondescript attacks on Christianity without anything to back up your claims.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Slowly but surely.

Is this the new euphemism for "I haven't got any evidence"? I must remember that one.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

The IRS works with the Federal Courts, which is basically like any other thing in our country.

Putting together the funds to send the Jews back to Israel.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurv47

Just go to any veterans memorial.

Theres a pretty good reason their graves are marked with crosses.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Let's go back to 9/11 four years ago. The ruins were still smoldering when the reverends Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell went on television to proclaim that the terrorist attacks were God's punishment of a corrupted America. They said the government had adopted the agenda "of the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians," not to mention the ACLU and People For the American Way. (The God of the Bible apparently holds liberals in the same low esteem as Hittites and Gergu#es and Jebusites and all the other pagans of holy writ.) Critics said such comments were deranged. But millions of Christian fundamentalists and conservatives didn't think so. They thought Robertson and Faiwell were being perfectly consistent with the logic of the Bible as they read it: God withdraws favor from sinful nations-the terrorists were meant to be God's wake-up call: better get right with God. Not many people at the time seemed to notice that Osama bin Laden had also been reading his sacred book closely and literally, and had called on Muslims to resist what he described as a "fierce Judeo-Christian campaign" against Islam, praying to Allah for guidance "to exalt the people who obey Him and humiliate those who disobey Him:' Suddenly we were immersed in the pathology of a "holy war" as defined by fundamentalists on both sides. You could see this pathology play out in General William Boykin. As a member of the US military, Boykin had taken up with a small group called the Faith Force Multiplier whose members apply military principles to evangelism with a manifesto summoning warriors "to the spiritual warfare for souls:' In uniform, Boykin attended evangelical revivals preaching that America was in a holy war as "a Christian nation" battling Satan and that America's Muslim adversaries will be defeated "only if we come against them in the name of Jesus." For such an hour, America surely needed a godly leader. So General Boykin explained how it was that the candidate who had lost the election in 2000 nonetheless wound up in the White House. President Bush, he said, "was not elected by a majority of the voters -he was appointed by God:' Not surprising, instead of being reprimanded for evangelizing' while in uniform, General Boykin is now the Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence. (Just as it isn't surprising that despite his public call for the assassination of a foreign head of state, Pat Robertson's Operation Blessing was one of the first groups to receive taxpayer funds from the President's Faith-Based Initiative for "relief work" on the Gulf Coast.) We can't wiggle out of this. Were talking about a powerful religious constituency that claims the right to tell us what's on God's mind and to decide the laws of the land according to their interpretation of biblical revelation and to enforce those laws on the nation as a whole.

www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

The death toll is way too much. The divide and conquer strategy of religion is working its magic. I'm not sure how to wake people up to the fact that we are being led to the Middle East under the guise of Biblical prophecies that have nothing to do with Him. We will be led there and the conflict that will erupt will destroy everything that we hold dear. God doesn't want this. TPTB want this to depopulate and consolidate resources.

You see, the fundamentalists are about as close to a machine that you can get without applying robotics and electronics. They will blindly plod forward with the agendas of Armageddon and think that God will save them from the brunt of the tragedies that ensue because of the rapture. They seriously can't wait to leave the unbelievers holding the bag as they sit in heaven and watch the chaos. This is what they believe, this is their redemption playing out and it is very tough to open their eyes to reality. Almost impossible.

Edit to add, Star and Flagged for a good point that you are making!

[edit on 19-5-2010 by jackflap]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What I want to know is how some of you deny that most of our dead, died for religion.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join