It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jesus Complex

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by 12.21.12
OK our court system for example.

Thats the best example I have right now.

The IRS, Religious non-profit orginizations, Alcoholics anomynous. The 700 club. All the crap on TV. Everything.

And you are saying that all these are murdering people in the name of Jesus? Can you provide specific example of individual cases when people were killed in the name of Jesus by these organisations? Who died, and when did they die, and who killed them, specifically?

And is your court system specifically acting "in the name of Jesus", or is it something to do with enforcing the law?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by DISRAELI]

Hmmm somebody has never heard of the Crusades before....

en.wikipedia.org...

These have effected future outcomes and actions in the known world and eventually throughout the later developing world......( religions brought over to America ).

And that is just one SPECIFIC event.....3 actually....

I could get the names of the kings and involved if you really need names.......

Krakatoa killed an entire Island of people.....Do we know their names ? does it mean it didn't happen ?

You want him to prove his beliefs ...then prove yours about jesus .........o wait you can't ..

HMMMM

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

This is an open discussion of the woes of christianity in society. Please respect that.

I am being very respectful. I have asked you who decided this is Jesus week, and you blew that one off. I asked you to prove your bold statement of millions being murdered in the name of Jesus, and you have blown that one off.

You don't have to agree with me.

I haven't made up my mind, one way or the other. You made statements I would have to see proof of, to back you up, before I will make up my mind one way or the other. Quit avoiding, and pony up.

I want to have a good discussion and I will consider all of your comments.

Well, then you should be specific that this conversation is based on your thoughts only, because, while you have been asked for proof, or how you came to your conclusions, you won't supply any. That makes it a one sided discussion, in my opinion.

Unfortunately the offensiveness is just my personal opinion. No need to get the pitch fork and torches.

An, aha moment! See it is only your personal opinion!

This is obvioously a problem in todays society.

I want to discuss with christians so that we can get to the root of the problem.

Why only Christians? Don't many people of all sorts of faiths share this world?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Blanca, in your opinion. The war in Israel and the one in Iraq? What are they all about?

Is there a delcared war in Israel?

The war in Iraq, is about control of a strategic piece of land, and it's resources.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I try to stay away from the Islam topics..

But in my opinion neither side is right.

I do understand that the vast majority of this country is made up by christians. But it is the agenda and the non-profits that take your financial contributions to make war.

That is what I am getting at and I want you guys to stop it.

Last, I decided it was jesus week. I want to inspire some very controversial topics, because they need to be discussed openly.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The war is central to Israel. There are three major religions all focused on the very same monument. The dome and the mount.

What makes me sad about all of this is how most christians don't realize the veil being pulled over their eyes.

I watched the Pope last week.

He said to remain faithful until death.

Yes just keeping funding the wars until the they congregate your church into a small area and gas you to death. Thats how it's gonna go down.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
Hmmm somebody has never heard of the Crusades before....
You want him to prove his beliefs ...then prove yours about jesus .........o wait you can't ..
HMMMM

We were not discussing history.
We were discussing the OP claim that millions of people were being killed in the name of Jesus now, in America. "In every city of America ,every day", was the exact statement.

If someone makes accusations of that kind, it is legitimate to ask for evidence.
It is not a question of "beliefs". Someone is making accusations about murder being committed in the name of Jesus, in America, at the present time, which are not being substantiated.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

That is what I am getting at and I want you guys to stop it.

Are you referring to tithes?

Churches take tithes, to:

Pay a Pastor, minister, priest........
Keep up a rectory, or place for the Pastor to live
The lights and heat or airconditioning on in a Church
Programs for elderly
Programs for youth
Food pantries

All sorts of other stuff you consider evil, by way of tithing.

War is funded by tax dollars, if that is what you are getting at. Should we all quit paying taxes?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Thats another topic but religious non-profits are exempt from paying taxes and funeel money to pay for the war. Thats how it works.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I love where you are going with this. Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I try to stay away from the Islam topics.. But in my opinion neither side is right. I do understand that the vast majority of this country is made up by christians. But it is the agenda and the non-profits that take your financial contributions to make war. That is what I am getting at and I want you guys to stop it. Last, I decided it was jesus week. I want to inspire some very controversial topics, because they need to be discussed openly.

"But it is the agenda and the non-profits that take your financial contributions to make war."

Show us the money trail. Not random allegations. Show us the links of money going into non-profits and to which organizations those moneys go.

"Last, I decided it was jesus week. I want to inspire some very controversial topics, because they need to be discussed openly. "

Translation - I wanted to generate some ATS points and this is how I decided to do it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The war is central to Israel. There are three major religions all focused on the very same monument. The dome and the mount.

No, you said there was a war going on in Israel. Please let us all know when and official war was declared, please. I don't think it is in the headlines, yet.

What makes me sad about all of this is how most christians don't realize the veil being pulled over their eyes.

Only Christians, huh?

I watched the Pope last week.

He said to remain faithful until death.

Not all Christians are Catholics.

Yes just keeping funding the wars until the they congregate your church into a small area and gas you to death. Thats how it's gonna go down.

So, you have some sort of inside information? Please share.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Thats another topic but religious non-profits are exempt from paying taxes and funeel money to pay for the war. Thats how it works.

Prove it!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Where are you going with this?

This whole thread is your opinion, only. Why is it a conspiracy? Because you say so?

Feel free to share substansiated proof, of why your opinions should be considered a conspiracy.

By the way, to Christians, every week, is Jesus week.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I can't prove it because religious non-profit orginiaztions are exempt from paying taxes if they donate to another non-profit and only keeps records of whatever they pencil in.

It is a large money laundering criminal orginization, there is basically no money trail and the IRS allows all of it.

I have a thread if you want to learn more on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

By the way, to Christians, every week, is Jesus week.

Same here.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I can't prove

Then why are you going on about something you can't prove? I happen to have a sister in law, who is in charge of dispersing bills, and payments for her church every week. Let me tell you, they can hardly keep the lights on, after paying bills, and helping the elderly, and other people located within the parish. They do not have any extra money to send overseas for a war effort.

it because religious non-profit orginiaztions are exempt from paying taxes if they donate to another non-profit and only keeps records of whatever they pencil in.

You just said you had no proof, so this is just speculation on your part, and actually, you are slandering religious organizations.

It is a large money laundering criminal orginization, there is basically no money trail and the IRS allows all of it.

Once again, your speculation, and if you can't prove it, you are being slanderous.

I have a thread if you want to learn more on this topic.

You started THIS thread. Put your information right here, since you think it is so important.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I would like to put out for you, at this moment, I consider myself to be Christian. I in no way endorse, any Christian religion.

I don't go to church, and I do not tithe, so I am not being argumentative in anyway to support any church. I am not defending any Christian church.

So, with all that said, I'd still like a straight answer to all the questions I have asked you in earlier posts.

Thanks

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Give an example of how Jesus loving Christians are killing millions around the globe before making a statement like that. I can see no proof of anything you just mentioned.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So far what I have seen from the OP is enough hot air to take the balloon to 3000 meters. No proof and when asked, he replies "I don't have it". As for reporting, the IRS regulations require exempt organizations to file returns:

www.irs.gov...=222673,00.html

Exempt Organizations - Required Filings
Although they are exempt from income taxation, exempt organizations are generally required to file annual returns of their income and expenses with the Internal Revenue Service. If an organization has unrelated business income, it must file an unrelated business income tax return. In addition to filing an annual exempt organization return, exempt organizations may be required to file other returns and pay employment taxes. Some organizations may be required to file certain returns electronically.

Again "Show us The Money Trail".

[edit on 19-5-2010 by jagdflieger]

[edit on 19-5-2010 by jagdflieger]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

This person also supports the end of the world, crap. With no proof. So, why not tie something else you have no proof of, into the entire shabang?

The only "interesting conversation" the author wants to have is where his point is listened to without any proof, and sadly people will listen.

I won't drink the Kool-aid, this person offers!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join