It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jesus Complex

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Would this help you understand where your tax dollars go?

If you still think churches fund war, oh, well.

And if you are as old as you claim to be, you can look these statistics up for yourself. Better time spent, than telling me I am wrong, huh?

There is not one war, you can say is being funded by Christians. If that was the case, all the money paid for taxes for military operations would be from Christians, right? NOT:

www.warresisters.org...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

No. OTO is not the only one. There are others. These secret societies directly inluence the church.

Knights of Columbus is another one.

But yes. Mytery Babylon is specifically referenced to in the book of Revelation.

They will lead to the fall of the USG.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by 12.21.12]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

No. OTO is not the only one. There are others. These secret societies directly inluence the church.
Knights of Columbus is another one.

Would you be so kind as to elucidate how these organizations influence events, what is the influence, how does that affect world politics. So far all we have gotten is "secret societies directly inluence the church". Remember Clara years ago, my question is "Where's the beef".

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The KofC basically is in the interest of protecting and grwong the catholic church.

I have a link somewhere.

What kind of beef you want to know?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Not once , have I implied or stated , that wars are funded by churches or christians ., you are reading more into my posts than you should .

I'm attempting to keep this at a minimun , as the OP is not about taxes , and I don't want to steer it off-topic or derail the thread .

With that said , it would do you well to educate yourself as to the history of the Federal Reserve and the Internal Revenue Service , INCORPORATED .

That's right , I.R.S., Incorporated .

I'm assuming that you still believe that the IRS is a part of the Federal Government ?

Here's a little known secret ... it is not a part of the U.S. government ., it is a seperate entity.

I'm assuming further that you have Google . Do some research .

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Go back through this thread and read the postings by "jackflap". That poster did an excellent job in supporting his (or her's) contentions with quotes and links to evidence. I may not agree with his contentions, but at least he has evidence to support his theory. He has done his homework and I applaud him for not posting complete drivel. There are other postings on this web site which are every bit as well documented as those done by "jackflap". The fact that you have a link "somewhere" does nothing to support your thesis. If you have ever been in a court of law, then you would realize that mere assertions cannot be used as evidence. You must prove what you say with some evidence. So far other people viewing this thread have not seen such evidence.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I am well aware that the IRS is a sepparate entity.

So, what?

Are you saying they are not doing the job? That funds are siphoned off for war in a Christian name?

Really, I don't understand where you are going with this. The thread has gone from Christians funding war, to no, it is the IRS, to what?

Make up your mind, please.

And if you don't agree with the IRS, don't pay 'em!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Yes, but I am still waiting for replies from the OP.

Where is his proof that millions are killed in the name of Christianity?

Don't you see, the forest for the trees?

He has all of us pulling up proof, but hasn't supplied any for himself.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I think the whole thing about the IRS, started when the OP stated that the IRS was a Christian organization and yours truly took some issue with that statement. (Considering that many Christians actually believed that the IRS is a satanic creation.)

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
ok original OP,
Allow me to commence my onslaught of verbal carnage to completely rip to shreds your main point, and I will do so willingly:

You are one of the many people who really have zero understanding of the inner workings of things, and just happen to stereo type something and run with it. You hae no idea what-so-ever.

Through-out history from the very start of creation, we have people killing others in the name of >>>>> guess what ?..... "EVERYTHING"

Listen to the song by Rage Against The Machine, song called "Killin in the Name of"

We are talking about lust, love, religions of every kind, ideas, cultures, societies, etc.

And yet here you go and try to amateurly stereotype Christianity. (STOP)
First of the problem is the Human ego in general. It would require at least the reading of 3 books or more to understand the complexities, illusions, and troubles that the false ego that you and everyone else thinks is you ....but in reality is not you.

That is the main culprit ...the ego. Just like a Gun by itself is neutral ...in a murderers hand its bad, in a non-crooked cops hand its good. Same thing with Christianity or anything else. The ego is the culprit that can take something pure and neutral by itself and completely ravage and rape the original meaning of it (STOP)

Now this experience of God is THE BEST and most awesomest experience anyone can ever have on this planet. Better than making love, having kids, being born, succeeding in life, your favorite food, friends, family, or anything life has to offer.

The experience of God blows everything else to smithereens and what we have in your case is somebody looking at a bunch of egos who made the wrong choices in the name of __________Something ______ and you automatically assume that those ego's are idealist representatives of that Something.

Tisk Tisk. Dont judge a book by its cover. (STOP)
The real Jesus Complex is reaching a state where your ego is dissolved and dead, replaced by that is selflessness, pure Divine Love, non-judgement, and ideal state of being. This is what all Christians are striving for and very few ever reach.

If you do want to find the epitome of a Christian ...you'd have to search far and wide in the monasteries, the hermitages, and solitaries that abound across the globe striving daily to drop off the ego and reach Union with God.

You have alot to learn young grasshopper. First lesson: Don't stereo type.

2nd lesson: If there is a fault to find in anything revolving around humanity, it is due to the ego.

3rd Lesson. Until you experience God yourself ....all you can do is speculate. Those who experienced it ....know ...those who speculate about it ..... wonder.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Again , I haven't said the wars are 'christian-funded' , nor have I said the IRS funds them .

Stop trying to make me look stupid and confused .

You stated the wars are funded by my tax dollars . I asked you to prove that , which you haven't done .

Googling a chart doesn't prove that . Exactly WHO is it that is telling you where your federal taxes are going to ? The fed gov ? Now , that's a trustworthy source for truth , if there ever was one .

You claim that you are aware the IRS is a separate entity . Who do you pay your taxes to each year ? Do you send your tax-returns to the fed gov , or do you send them to IRS , a separate entity ?

Do YOU believe the IRS is funding wars with your 'tax' money that you send to THEM ?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

You forget that not all of your tax dollars are collected by the IRS through "income taxes". Consider the moneys collected by various excise taxes (which I presume that you pay.)

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Not a christian , but star for your post . Well said .

I have indeed experienced the god-complex , just because I didn't reach it thru christianity , makes it no less true and valuable .

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I believe the IRS is a sepparate entity, like when you do your taxes, unless you do them yourself, you hire somebody. A CPA, or whatever. ]they tell you how much you owe, and you send your payement to the government. Plain and simple, that is how it works.

When you send your money to the government, based on what you owe, per the IRS, the government then dispurses your money.

Some of it goes here, or there...........whatever way you don't want to see, there it goes.

The pie chart clearly showed how much goes to the military. If you like, I would be more than happy to find you more information on that.

The why we got into it, was over the OP stating that churches fund wars. If you don't agree with that, they why are we even talking about this?

Go back and read the original post by the author.

You asked me to say why I don't believe churches fund wars, and why I believe your tax dollars do.

So, here, we are.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I can't keep up with all of you. But I will respond to most of you. As long as we are not regurgitating the same things over and over again.

That said. I do come from and was raised in a christian background. I understand the thought proccess. I have been through it myself.

Going back to creation. The bible tells it in a way that is fairly accurate, yet it also uses metaphors to help better illustrate the story in a way that even scientists and astronomers can even comprehend. Thats the book of Genesis and the book of Genesis in it's original form is a fairly accurate depiiction of creation. Only it uses metaphors, the whole Bible does and over time those things, texts have been altered etc.

I do not disagree with every teaching of Jesus, in fact I agree with him on a lot of things.

It is the teachings that have been distorted and throughout our history the truth has been distorted.

There are so many players in this game. Way too many to mention.

But when you stumble upon the truth, you have two choices.

You can use it for your own power for personal gain, or you can share that information with your peers so that they don't get caught up in the game.

You guys think that Obama became president by chance?

Not so.

And pretty soon the terrorists and rest of the muslim world will be gunning all of us down in our front yards.

Again, it is not about choosing sides. But understanding the tactics used by TPTB to kill you. That is what they want after all. Less people to control. More productiveness, more control.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I agree. Jackflap really helped me out and has brought up some very good points. I do not debate him because I agree with him.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

The IRS is a blind eye. Thats all they are.

They have no affiliation with any religion.

The IRS is a corporation just as everything else in america is.

The city states run the corporations and the city states are Rome, Parliament and DC.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

My OP was loaded and I anticpated such a harsh response. It is the only way I can get some good debate going on to such a contreversial topic.

This is not about ego. It is something I want every christian who reads this to consider.

Your enemy does not care whther or not you are a good christian. Just as long as you are obedient.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I know I probably missed somebody or something.

Please remind me if you have anything I havent responded to and be specific.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join