It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jesus Complex

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Thanks for the provocative topic. These are good so everyone can put it all out on the table.

1st - killing? It's all in your mind. The Inquisitions were done by false Christians - IMO.

2nd - the money. We are commanded to spread the gospel. It takes money to do so... Bibles, satellites, electricity, water, mortgages, salary, insurance, travel expenses and so on. However, some ministries even offend me just as mush as they offend you.

We look at the life of Jesus and try to live and act as He did. Tell me what Jesus ever did that you disagree with.

Thanks

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I want to start a conversation about non-Christians and how they play out their woes upon society. Every year, they are responsible for the death of millions of innocents.

And all the noreligious crap on TV they are feeding people. And then they harass Christians, and try to make us feel guilty, and spend and wate money trying to convert people to not believe in God.

And they spend millions on illegal wars and corrupt governments.

There is no proof that God does not exist, you are all mindless zombies following what someone else tells you, being manipulated and controlled by statements with no proof and a bunch of out dated ideas.

Hmmmm.... sounds familiar.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

Jesus misrepresented his bhuddist (actaully he read from the vedas, but very close) teachings.

He introduced a concept of good and evil.

There is not good and there is not evil. There is only forcing your will upon others.

Before, it was ying and yang. A balance of light energy and dark energy.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

What weapon.

I assure you that I am not the one killing you and I have not and I do not feed the beast.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

So child molestation is not evil?

I don't hear you slamming law enforcement for locking them up?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

No I wouldnt dare. I wont even go there.

If you want a contrversial topic then that is definitely.

But the roman catholic church is very clear about promoting a monogomous marriage and even saving your virginity till marriage which is a legal binding contract.

Then there is that whole anti abortion thing, anti contraceptive and divorce is a sin.

Im not even going to go there.

I might be witty, but I am not completely stupid either.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by 12.21.12]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Well, I am not a fan of the Catholic Organization. However, many of my Catholic friends live very righteous lives.

You have to make one decision about Jesus - was he a liar or not? I believe he was/is not a liar. When He said that no man can come to the Father except through Him - that settles it for me.

Peace

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurv47

Separation of Church and state? Would you please raise your right hand and place your left on this bible so we can swear you in?

Understand?

Take out a fed note and see who it is in we trust.

Understand?

Religious organizations pay no taxes, but support and lobby for campaigns.

Are we not fighting against a Jihad?

Understand?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

[edit on 19-5-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

Thanks for the provocative topic. These are good so everyone can put it all out on the table.

1st - killing? It's all in your mind. The Inquisitions were done by false Christians - IMO.

2nd - the money. We are commanded to spread the gospel. It takes money to do so... Bibles, satellites, electricity, water, mortgages, salary, insurance, travel expenses and so on. However, some ministries even offend me just as mush as they offend you.

We look at the life of Jesus and try to live and act as He did. Tell me what Jesus ever did that you disagree with.

Thanks

Friend you are in error.

Mar 6:8 And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:
Mar 6:9 But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats.

Send your money to prayerhour instead...

Peace

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I have a hard time calling him a liar. like I said before I agree with many of his teachings. I would call him a conman or deliberately misleading though, which be definition is lying so yeah.

But in the Bible, there are not any direct quotes or teachings from Jesus so the point is moot.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

"Separation of Church and state? Would you please raise your right hand and place your left on this bible so we can swear you in?"
-I understand your view on this one but it doesn't kill or harass for money - which is the contention of the OP.

"Take out a fed note and see who it is in we trust."
-More Freemason crap that I dislike also.

"Religious organizations pay no taxes, but support and lobby for campaigns."
-There are many secular tax-exempt organizations. Planned Parenthood is tax-exempt - they help kill babies IMO. You and I both pay their bills in a round about way.

"Are we not fighting against a Jihad?"
-They want to convert or kill every other religion besides Islam. Jesus is innocent here also.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
WOOO Mr. Good Vibrations your not sending out real good vibrations dude.
We all Pray for you but you started by saying that MILLIONS of people EVERYDAY Are being killed by Christians who say they belive in Jesus......Wo dude. Where, come on if christians killed 1,000 in a day or a week or a month it would be all over the news and NO ONE would go to church or say they were a christian. A beliver in Christ but not a Christian.
Dude, do your homework. to date the Iraq war has been on for 9 years and 42,675 People have died on BOTH sides. And Sadam Hussenn who was thrown out of Power killed Millio0ns of his people with chemical wepons. and the War is not Christians against Muslems......Dude is America trying to help freedom.
Yeah the war has gone on to long. And we should put an end to it BUt speek, fact ravings show insanity or stupidity, and Im sure you have a great brain, mabie your just mad at someone.
Mark 3:23 for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Mr. Good Vibrations, man is sin yet your need to look at what the churches have done to feed the poor, help the sick, old, dieing, on and on for the past 1,200 years...........Dude, look at reality, I hope you find the Truth.
"I am the way the truth and the Light, no one comes to the father but by me." Jesus I pray for your health, happiness, and finding the truth by looking at facts. Take care

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

They want to convert or kill every other religion besides Islam. Jesus is innocent here also.

You found the main thing that inspired this very topic.

The very same thing is happening in India, only they are being converted to christianity.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I can't believe this garbage is up to 7 pages. The OP really has no clue what he is talking about. Do we really need to try and beat up Jesus?

The dumbing down of America is complete.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Well, I am not a fan of the Catholic Organization. However, many of my Catholic friends live very righteous lives.

You have to make one decision about Jesus - was he a liar or not? I believe he was/is not a liar. When He said that no man can come to the Father except through Him - that settles it for me.

Peace

Think about this in truth. How did you get to your father? How will anyone else get to a father. Don't you understand "New" wine skins? Don't you understand "forbid not the children to come unto me for to such belong the kingdom"? Don't you understand why they are not taken or given in marriage?

Because children are the only way on earth to keep your "name" alive. Become as a child doesn't mean You turn back into a child, it means you bear the cross (over) to a new generation. Be fruitful and multiply. For when children are in the midst of you, you also become as a child.

This is the whole point to John 3:16. If you love the world, then bear children. Be in the world, not turned into it. Children do not rust and no moth eats them, they are the treasure of heaven where you reside.

Peace

link   

"Mar 6:8 And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:
Mar 6:9 But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats."

I assume you are saying Jesus expected his disciples to steal? This is not correct. But when they went on their journey to other lands to preach the gospel they were to ask people to give them lodging. It was a customary to give hospitality to strangers. Not stealing.

Like I said - I am also offended at money grubbing preachers. However, harassing people for money? It's more like a Jerry Louis Telethon.

link   
reply to post by LarrytheCableguy

I dont like taking on the religious crowd. But it has to be done.

Chrsitains and Athiests alike, were all stuck here together.

Its time to agree on something.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dwigt

No, we are discussing the conspiracy which is going on in your churches. Which are controlled now by other groups.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

"The very same thing is happening in India, only they are being converted to christianity."

Please give evidence.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

"Separation of Church and state? Would you please raise your right hand and place your left on this bible so we can swear you in?"
-I understand your view on this one but it doesn't kill or harass for money - which is the contention of the OP.

"Take out a fed note and see who it is in we trust."
-More Freemason crap that I dislike also.

"Religious organizations pay no taxes, but support and lobby for campaigns."
-There are many secular tax-exempt organizations. Planned Parenthood is tax-exempt - they help kill babies IMO. You and I both pay their bills in a round about way.

"Are we not fighting against a Jihad?"
-They want to convert or kill every other religion besides Islam. Jesus is innocent here also.

I wasn't addressing Jesus, just the separation of church and state which is phony.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join