It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican President Knocks Arizona Law From White House Lawn

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Any word if Obama and Calderon split a Chipotle burrito and a beer after these comments?

The audacity to launch out from the White House Lawn when the man has already launched out in other forums is absolutely despicable. This is just a glaring example of how little foreign leaders respect this current administration and the blithering fraud at the helm.

I'm sure Calderon will get a call back to attend the next White House Happy Hour.

This is just a hint of things to come folks. With 2010 and 2012 gaining speed I would expect this adminstration to be running FSA to garner and lock the hispanic vote. Obama is rapidly losing support amongst Blacks and he knows it. Hence the major shift to the Hispanic population.

edit:
I forgot to mention that Calderon is here for a hush hush State Dinner in His Honor. A State Dinner that was never given to the British PM early in this administration. I hope he has his food tester nearby...

[edit on 19-5-2010 by jibeho]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
How about Mexico fixes its immigration laws first!

I was stopped and searched by a truck load of Federales with Automatic weapons while taking a cab from a Ferry to Cancun! Because I was a white guy in a cab!

Lets not forget the police force that just up and quit because they could not compete with the Drug Cartels. Lets not forget the outrageous kidnapping rate in Mexico that is now creeping into AZ, NM, and CA. Lets not forget the beheaded tourists left along the highways to Acalpulco.

Lots of Cahones on that Mexican president.....oh wait a minute, he doesn't need cahones, he knows that Obama will just apologize and bow and buy him a beer with the AZ lawmakers!

[edit on 19-5-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Mexican President Knocks Arizona Law From White House Lawn

Mexican President Felipe Calderon took the unusual step Wednesday morning of criticizing an American law while visiting the White House, saying cooperation is needed to fix the US-Mexican immigration issue but "such laws as the Arizona law that is forcing our people to face discrimination. If we are divided, we cannot overcome these problems."

Well, apparently a lot of the immigrants that are coming to the US are coming here because they are facing discrimination in Mexico, ...

Racism Rears Its Ugly Head in Mexico

It turns out that racism in Mexico, both against blacks and dark-skinned indigenous Indians, has a long history.
******SKIP******
Almost uniformly, people who are darker-skinned and of Indian descent make up the peasantry and working classes, while lighter-skinned, Spanish-descent Mexicans are in the ruling elite.
******SKIP******
This inequality may explain in part why the majority of immigrants coming into the United States fall into the darker-skinned category. Beyond the failure of the Mexican government to sustain a decent economy, darker-skinned Mexicans have a difficult time getting work because of job discrimination. According to the Web site IndigenousPeople.net, "sixty percent of Indians over 12 years of age are already unemployed, and of those who work, most earn less than the minimum wage of about $2.50 a day." The same story notes that Mexico City's top restaurants don't allow patrons to bring along Indian domestic workers for fear of tarnishing their business image.

Here are a couple more articles about racism in Mexico, ...

Racism in Mexico?

Racism And Business In Mexico 2

Is Mexico's racism problem driving the U.S. immigration problem?

Import ing Racism: Mexicans Admit They're Racist

[edit on 5/19/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

I forgot to mention that Calderon is here for a hush hush State Dinner in His Honor. A State Dinner that was never given to the British PM early in this administration. I hope he has his food tester nearby...

It isn't so hush, hush, if the guy is blabbing on the White House lawn!

We all know why he is here.

And, why Obama said NOTHING!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I say hush hush because the White House is trying to keep a rather tight lid on this event due to its extravagance and high cost and also due the party crashers of the last State Dinner. We're in a tight economy you know

www.suntimes.com...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Here we go...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Hmmmm, so, Obama still wants to let illegals in, or what? This video sure points at nothing, other than things will remain the same.

Oh, and to show you how upset American's are..........LOL, welcome to the White house!

Too bad, people couln't be around to protest this event.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I have a question for all the people here saying that Obama just stood there and said nothing, well what was he supposed to do? Interrupt Calderon and get into a shouting match as to why he's wrong?

Let's get real people.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
My Spanish isn't any good, but I'll try:

Calderon de Merde.

How does that sound?
I think that is closer to French

but we get your train of thought.

"Calderon es mierda"

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering

Originally posted by buddhasystem
My Spanish isn't any good, but I'll try:

Calderon de Merde.

How does that sound?
I think that is closer to French

but we get your train of thought.

"Calderon es mierda"

I almost got it right, though, it's a reference to a Spanish joke (about a "pot full of sh!t") -- but thanks for correction! Here we go: Calderon de Mierda. I already feel better

[edit on 19-5-2010 by buddhasystem]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I have a question for all the people here saying that Obama just stood there and said nothing, well what was he supposed to do? Interrupt Calderon and get into a shouting match as to why he's wrong?

Let's get real people.

Excuse me? He doesn't need to get into a shouting match. How about not inviting the guy to the White House to begin with?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

How about acting like the President of a country that is being invaded over its southern border. Oh, I know, invasion is a tough term, but when you have 12 million people of one country flowing over the border into another soverign nation which has laws stating that such movement is illegal, it is called an invasion.

How about Obama sit down with this fool before the garden chat and says something like:

"Listen my friend. The people of this country are sick and tired with your unmanaged border. They are sick tired with your excuses and your lack of action. I am too. You can go out there and state that you recognize that its a serious problem and that you will continue to work with us on the issue. You can also just punt on the question. However, if you either by direct statement or inferrence disparage this country, its laws or its citizens, you won't get enough US foreign aid to buy a taco"

How about a bit of leadership?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Excuse me? He doesn't need to get into a shouting match. How about not inviting the guy to the White House to begin with?

Not invite him to the white house. That's a good one. Canada, US and Mexico are bed buddies. You share borders, have a free trade agreement and now have a common enemy, the cartels.

The friendship just keeps getting stronger.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
i think Felipe "Cartel-Wh0re" Calderon
needs to shut the f**k up,
get off my lawn
and go clean up his own
back yard before he criticizes
any one or gives advice

btw

Can I see ur birth certificate?
ur trespassing on US Gov property.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well I can understand why he'd be concerned, illegal immigration is vital to his economy.

That being said....I DON"T GIVE A FLYING F WHAT HE THINKS.

When in the hell is Washington going to support our economy and middle class instead of continually S'ing all over them?

RAISE TARIFFS OBAMA???

I THOUGHT YOU WERE ANTI-NAFTA you LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 19-5-2010 by David9176]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Not invite him to the white house. That's a good one. Canada, US and Mexico are bed buddies. You share borders, have a free trade agreement and now have a common enemy, the cartels.

The friendship just keeps getting stronger.

That was the point as to why the Prezzzzzzzzzz, could not say anything. No, he did not need to get into a heated discussion. They will all laugh about the concerns of the US citizens over supper!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Um excuse me Mr. Mexico president...There is no "our people" there are "your people" and "my people". We are not one country. A little fact you seem to forget when it comes to "my people" being in "your country". The fact is "your people" are stealing from "my people" and taking it back to "your country". Though this new Arizona law is inconvenient for you, it is not discrimination or racism it is just plain and simply ILLEGAL. Consequences for such illegal activity are up to "my people" to decide, and "your people" to deal with. Unless you would like to sign your country over to us...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well of course Calderon isn't going to say a word about corruption, he's the president because of it, well, kind of... since he does nothing in here and the only things i remember are fighting the cartels, which only result in innocent people dying.

Sending the drug lords to prison is just a change of locations, the law enforcement is corrupted and they can still operate within jail, just recently security guards confiscated Rifles from inmates...i mean... RIFLES! what the f***? "I'm sorry sir, i thought it was a cake" won't do this time.

Oh Calderon, when will you learn dummy? before saying crap about other country laws, you must act like the president of yours!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Still think all you americans are hypocrites for not wanting illegal aliens, when most of you are only a few generations american at best.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mooseinhisglory
So what's new? We are allowed to go to other countries and criticize their policies but others can't come to our country to criticize ours? Sometimes I feel like people these days want us to be the new unquestioned empire. I remember a couple of months ago people were pissed because Obama bowed to Asian leaders, and now people don't want us to acknowledge our neighbors greivances?
Why do you think leaders visit other countries, to play golf and shoot the breeze? This isn't surprising what-so-ever, and whether you agree with his arguments or not, he has guts to his speak his mind in the belly of the beast.

What is This: Speak His Mind In The Belly Of The Beast,,, CRAP!
This A$$HOLE was Surrounded by Friends and other A$$HOLES that THINK ALIKE!

OBAMA, he's not smart enough to read the bill, no more than his administration is smart enough to read.

Hell, I'd bet OBAMA doesn't even know there is a FEDERAL LAW Banning the crossing of our boarders with out the proper documentation.
I'm sure when this all come out, He had to ask his staff, : Which of the 57 states was Arizona and where is it located?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join