The gall of this man is incredible. Once again, he takes absolutely no accountability for the problem in Mexico. Mexico has nothing to do with this
- The real problem is that we don't treat people well enough
"the law is placing our people to face discrimination"
- Right - they are YOUR people. What about the impact to OUR people.
- he does not once suggest that he needs to do more to create economic conditions that would cause folks to stay in Mexico
- on the drug front, it is a demand issue, not a supply issue. It is not a demand or a supply issue. It is the violence associated with the
supply that is the largest component of the problem.
- he needs more from us. More money, more aid, more, more, more
- he makes no mention of the systemic corruption that exists throughout the Mexican government, legal and law enforcement communities that make
solving the immigration problem on his end difficult.
- He obviously makes no mention of the responsibility to secure his own northern border, in the same fashion that he secures his southern border.
Obama should come out and hammer this gent from the White House lawn.
He won't of course. He's too busy apologizing for us.
Be funny to see what the Mexicans would do if 12 million non-Spanish speaking Americans just started walking across the border. Went into schools
looking for an education, poured into the emergency rooms.
(visit the link for the full news article)
[edit on 19-5-2010 by dolphinfan]