It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Women's right [THE TRUTH]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

More women should know how to take care of themselves and their families..not depend on the government to do it for them. Same thing with the men. They should work together as a unit..to do so.

You will find that such criminal behavior will drop off quickly when this happens.

Around here many years ago..there was a rash of women being assaulted in the parking lot of a 24 hour grocery store. They were being beaten and their purses/monies/goods stolen. The local police either did not take it seriously or did not want to spend the dollars or manpower to watch over this parking lot. Nor did the owners of this store chain. The perpetrators found these women very easy marks........until one of them ran across a woman who was a competition shooter. When the perp tried to rob her..she pulled out her competition .45 ACP and shot him in the leg. When he went down she shot him between the eyes.

They officials were going to prosecute her for murder until the public outcry became so outraged over the inability of the police/politicians to handle this crime wave..for so long. This became big local news.
The robbery/assault rate dropped to zero..overnight. One woman accomplished what all the politicians and police could not do for over a year. They dropped the charges.

This is a rough way to do business..but it is effective. No doubt.

We need more women like this ..men too.

Orangetom

[edit on 15-5-2010 by orangetom1999]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Isn't it the government's job to govern

Don't waste your own and my precious time. Do some thinking before posting.

If everyone takes guns, and takes the law in to their own hands, then that is where CHAOS comes in to play.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

The punishments should be changed, from soft feminist emotional punishments, to physical punishments to deter criminals from doing the things they soo easily do every day. Do you think that if a Thief knew his hand would be cut off, he would steal? Desperate people would still do it, but that is where the court comes in, why are they desperate.

Nice !! And where would that leave a person that might suffer from a miscarriage of justice / wrongful conviction ?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

do you not understand the word? it means equal not special, just the same.
if thay are equal then that means no extra protection, equal to be robbed in the street, equal to go out and work, equal to make there own decisions. not to be protected from the evils of the world, like thay are a child. it`s an ether or i`m afrade. special protection OR equality

so yes a fool comments on a word thay don`t understand www.thefreedictionary.com... try checking a dictionary next time

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post, but I'm still not sure I did?

You said:

Can you tell me what the truly valuable commodity is that a good woman brings to a man??

___________________________-
Seriously, if you have to ask, you're too young to know. Why would I now attempt to respond to this question?, Most men know by the time they are twelve. Most of the men I know like women. Even love them.

You just don't like women. Sorry. I bet they don't like you either.

I also noticed you said "my mother and grandmother worked harder than most women".

How, sir, do you presume to know how hard most women work?
Do you know all women? Your statements remain tunnelvision and shallow. I doubt seriously if I shall continue to respond to you. I consider your mindset likely unchangeable as well as primitive.

I apologize for this somewhat OT post. I won't indulge your queries again.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs
reply to post by oozyism

do you not understand the word? it means equal not special, just the same.
if thay are equal then that means no extra protection, equal to be robbed in the street, equal to go out and work, equal to make there own decisions. not to be protected from the evils of the world, like thay are a child. it`s an ether or i`m afrade. special protection OR equality

so yes a fool comments on a word thay don`t understand www.thefreedictionary.com... try checking a dictionary next time

Ohh GOSH..

You just stated the whole objective of this thread, thanks.

That is exactly what I mean, Human Rights, what is its purpose, what is it suppose to achieve? Is it GOOD? What is the point? When women are still suffering like they suffered in the past..

The only difference, the suffering is not under law, but under people.

So once again, what is the point of Women's Rights when considering these statistics?

I have raised that question probably 5 times now in duration of this thread.

ZZZzzz

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by destiny-fate

that is where the court comes in...

Nice !! And where would that leave a person that might suffer from a miscarriage of justice / wrongful conviction ?

Here is the advantage, when crime decreases, guess what, wrongful conviction decreases.

The amount of wrongful convictions today are huge, just last week a man was released in US after spending decades in prison for wrongful conviction.

Simple maths.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I would be interested in knowing what "statistics" you have on other countries. We are not denying there are issues in the U.S./West with the maltreatment of women, and even children. When we find out about them, we press charges, as many have noted.

But why are you implying these crimes are worse here than other countries?

If you are merely pointing out our imperfections, we are aware of them, but thanks.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Isn't it the government's job to govern

Don't waste your own and my precious time. Do some thinking before posting.

If everyone takes guns, and takes the law in to their own hands, then that is where CHAOS comes in to play.

Oozyism,

Grow up Oozyism. It is the job of the government her to protect the rights of the individual..not to govern. That is feudalism/royalty.

Chaos was what was happening in that parking lot with those women an the government did nothing. The women continued to be preyed upon ..even by government. Any thinking person can see that for themselves. This woman was not going to live in fear. Obviously she did not need you or me to protect her rights. Human or other. There was already Chaos taking place in that parking lot. What on this earth are you thinking here. She did not go out and prey on others. What are you thinking here again. You are putting the cart before the horse.

Dont waste our time here with your "Feelings."

Ladyinwaiting,

Seriously, if you have to ask, you're too young to know. Why would I now attempt to respond to this question?, Most men know by the time they are twelve. Most of the men I know like women. Even love them.

Most men do not know ...even into later ages. And the fact that you use 12 as a bench mark tells me how and why you think the way you do. So how would most women know in the face of the fast food lane?? High speed low drag??

I like the company of women. Much better than the company of most men. I dont like to be around a bunch of men drinking beer and talking about women and sports. I never watch sports. Not interested...with the exception of a good fishing program.

I just dont take any nonsense off most women. Men either. And most of men's socialization is sports and cheerleaders conditioining. I dont find this interesting at all.

I expected such an answer from one or both of you. No problem. You have told me what I need to know.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 15-5-2010 by orangetom1999]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by oozyism

I would be interested in knowing what "statistics" you have on other countries. We are not denying there are issues in the U.S./West with the maltreatment of women, and even children. When we find out about them, we press charges, as many have noted.

But why are you implying these crimes are worse here than other countries?

If you are merely pointing out our imperfections, we are aware of them, but thanks.

No not your imperfection, your ignorance, arrogance and hypocrisy.

Don't forget America had no excuse to invade Afghanistan, no 9/11 attackers were from Afghanistan, non of them were raised in Afghanistan, infact most were from Western countries, that is where they were raised.

That being said, Women's Rights and Human Right's issues were used as a justification for the invasion and bombardment of the world's poorest country.

Osama bin Laden wasn't convicted of any crime, no evidence was provided to Afghan authorities.

The only thing which helped Americans sleep at night knowing the terror Afghans would face due to the bombings were? Yeah you know it, and don't deny it.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
LOL LOL LOL>..oozyism..

This is the part where this thread expands out to all the world issues you are going to solve by ..the blame game.

all the way back to Adam and Eve.

This is like another re run....Textbook. If I want this ..I take a college course here in the states or watch the evening news. It is all over the place.

Orangetom

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I deny nothing. I never wanted these wars, and they have sickened me since day one.

But you used this topic as a ruse to raise other unrelated issues, or as an "in yo face" "na na na" opportunity to push a not-so-hidden agenda.

It's manipulation, but I don't really care, oozy. I don't. You've made your point, I've made mine.

A good thread stimulates conversation and debate. You've accomplished that.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Oozyism,

Grow up Oozyism. It is the job of the government her to protect the rights of the individual..not to govern. That is feudalism/royalty.

Chaos was what was happening in that parking lot with those women an the government did nothing. The women continued to be preyed upon ..even by government. Any thinking person can see that for themselves. This woman was not going to live in fear. Obviously she did not need you or me to protect her rights. Human or other. There was already Chaos taking place in that parking lot. What on this earth are you thinking here. She did not go out and prey on others. What are you thinking here again. You are putting the cart before the horse.

Dont waste our time here with your "Feelings."

Government: Subtract the "ment" and you are left with "Govern".

Now let's bring it back: "Govern""ment".

What you want is no government, with no governance and everyone by themselves, women are deemed to get prayed upon, but that being said, the division between women and men would grow, and female militias would be born to protect the women. Ohhh damn, we came back to governance.

It is in human nature to govern.

No one can deny it.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
LOL LOL LOL>..oozyism..

This is the part where this thread expands out to all the world issues you are going to solve by ..the blame game.

all the way back to Adam and Eve.

This is like another re run....Textbook. If I want this ..I take a college course here in the states or watch the evening news. It is all over the place.

Orangetom

Blame game?

Is that all you have to say?

Who am I blaming?

What am I blaming?

Where am I blaming?

What is on the news?

What is on the text books?

Why are you in ATS?

Ohh FOX news.. NVM

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I agree that women are opressed in this country and are mistreated.

Would anyone admit that good men are opressed by Women as well but in a different way? Most won't more often than not.

And the opression I speak of is not a physical brute force, but by the power of something more abstract. They can actually make other men opress other good men. They support it. They don't withold their sex from these men, even though they could very well torture them with this and kill their spirit, but do they do this? No.. they would rather stay with the abusive man. Majority (and I DO mean majority) of women do this. The good men are left powerless. We are forced to become extreme involuntary celibates, with no social support, nothing. Is it a wonder why society is so messed up?

So on the same token... women are also opressed by the media in subtle ways. Perhaps, they don't know any better.

What can we really do?

This is something so abstract nobody would admit it, or even know it's happening.

Corruption of sexuality is behind more than you know that is corrupt in this world. And it's being used as the tool by evil PTB.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by oozyism

I deny nothing. I never wanted these wars, and they have sickened me since day one.

But you used this topic as a ruse to raise other unrelated issues, or as an "in yo face" "na na na" opportunity to push a not-so-hidden agenda.

It's manipulation, but I don't really care, oozy. I don't. You've made your point, I've made mine.

A good thread stimulates conversation and debate. You've accomplished that.

ladyinwaiting,

Now you and I might disagree in some things but in this quote above ..you are exactly correct.

I saw this in the OP from the beginning. Textbook.

This is typical of public education standards today. By that I mean a movie/television education..which is what most of public education has become majoring in emotions...ie...the blame game so popular today and also trying to pass itself off as the moral high ground.
As I stated previously ...guilt conditioning does not work with me.

Oozyism,

Grow up once again please.

What you want is no government, with no governance and everyone by themselves, women are deemed to get prayed upon, but that being said, the division between women and men would grow, and female militias would be born to protect the women. Ohhh damn, we came back to governance.

It is in human nature to govern.

No one can deny it.

I said no such thing as no government. I said when government does not work people can solve things for themselves.
Try thinking instead of run away emotions and drama. This is not a talk show...we don't give DNA and Lie detector tests. You come across as extremely feminine. And the word is preyed upon.

It is human nature to want to be free..to enjoy the fruits of ones labor. Male or female. This requires self discipline...as a type of governance. This is never provided by Government.
Education does not guarantee that one is self disciplined. Nor does it limit government excesses to the point that government does not itself become criminal or prey on the peoples to whom and for whom it has sworn to protect their liberties.
These things come from both education..but also a heavy dose of Character. Something very missing from the Victim Dictum/blame game posts you make here. Thinking peoples can see this clearly. Character is the more important of these attributes and something drastically missing from the body politic..no matter what nation one examines throughout the world.

We are Yanks and bloody proud of it. We do not look at our elected leaders and say..."yes governor...yes governor." No interest in this here.

And you are blaming any American who disagrees with you, in your vitriol, for any and everything of which you can think. It looks weak and beggarly.

You have a chip on your shoulder..just like most of the world's MSM.

One more thing Oozyism...you are talking to a licensed Ham Radio Operator here. I can get my news and informations from lots of places outside the MSM and this computer. Even your attempt to link us to Fox news is beggarly.

You are attempting to over use/misuse your emotions here and assuming that those of us out here who disagree with you are running on your preconditioned/preassumed default settings. This is how you justify yourself..by blaming others for the worlds ills. It works with those easily seduced by the MSM and guilt conditioning but not on me. And you are wrong on this.

Orangetom

[edit on 16-5-2010 by orangetom1999]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Western Women Rights and the Lies (either outright or by omission) Told

I have noticed for a number of years how a woman's rights are placed in a class as if they are separate from the Inalienable Rights of all People. This is the first lie told by agenda driven groups. That lie is that woman have been denied Inalienable Rights that men haven't, and worse, Rights are framed as "civil rights" which are legal rights granted by governments as opposed to Inalienable Rights which are non transferable and can not be granted, but rather exist from birth.

I will choose the Great U.S.A. as a representative of Western nations, since women in the U.S. are always in the forefront defending women but have little to say about the abuse that happens to men, both by other men and women. Let's see what is going on in America and how men are treated.

Physical Abuse of Men

While there are scads of online sites dedicated to reporting and offering statistics about violence committed against women, it is difficult to find any real numbers about the assaults committed against men. In fact, I was interested in knowing how many men in the U.S. have been assaulted in any given year, and what I got using several different search engines were either sites reporting the rape in prisons of men on men, or the violence committed by female spouses on men.

Each search engine also came with plenty of sites that remain solely dedicated to reporting the violence committed on women. Indeed, using the key words; "how many assaults in the U.S. by gender", the first link provided was a Wikepedia article titled Child Sexual Abuse, the next link provided was a site called Feministe with an article about assaults on transsexuals, and the the third link provided was a Canadian website called Canadian's Children Rights Council, which to its great credit began with this:

Female Sex Offenders - Female Sexual Predators Sexual abuse by women of children and teens is a subject most parents and caregivers are not familiar with.

Female sexual predators go unreported because of a lack of awareness by the public. Female Sex Offenders- Sexual assault of children by females

75% of sexual predators are male and 25% are female.

So, while the statistics state that 3/4 of all sexual predators are male, at least this site had the good conscience to qualify that statistic with the reality that female sexual predators often go unreported. The next link provided on that Google page is a site called Feminist.com, that of course, has no interest in how many assaults have been committed on men, and only focuses on the number of women who have been victims of violence.

In terms of assaults on men by women, this was much easier to find than any non gender specific report regarding who is doing the assaulting on men. It should be fairly obvious that not only women are assaulting men, and men will be assaulted by other men, as women will be assaulted by other women. But, in today's highly politically charged environment, where battle lines are drawn and divisions encouraged, finding neutral studies is difficult indeed.

Of the reports regarding assaults on men by women, there was a report by Martin S. Fiebert, Department of Psychology California State University, Long Beach, Last updated: November 2009, that began:

SUMMARY: This bibliography examines 271 scholarly investigations: 211 empirical studies and 60 reviews and/or analysis, which demonstrate that women are as physically aggressive, or more aggressive, than men in their relationships with their spouses or male partners. The aggregate sample size in the reviewed studies exceeds 365,000.

Here are some interesting statistics from that report:

Ackard, D. M., & Neumark-Sztainer, D. (2002). Date violence and date rape among adolescents: associations with disordered eating behaviors and psychological health. Child Abuse & Neglect, 26, 455-473. (A Minnesota statewide school sample of 81,247 students in the 9th and 12th grade responded to the question of whether they ever experienced date related violence. Over 90% of students reported never experiencing dating violence. In terms of grades, 3.3% of 9th grade girls and 2.8% of 9th grade boys reported experiencing violence, while 5.5% of 12th grade girls and 2.3% of 12th grade boys reported experiencing violence. In terms of ethnicity, American Indian boys and African American boys reported experiencing higher rates of dating violence than American Indian girls and African American girls ).

And this:

Anderson, K. L. (2002). Perpetrator or victim? Relationships between intimate partner violence and well-being. Journal of Marriage and Family, 64, 851-863. (Data consisted of 7,395 married and cohabiting heterosexual couples drawn from wave 1 of the National Survey of Families and Households . In terms of measures: subjects were asked "how many arguments during the past year resulted in 'you hitting, shoving or throwing things at a partner.' They were also asked how many arguments ended with their partner, 'hitting, shoving or throwing things at you.'" Author reports that, "victimization rates are slightly higher among men than women and in cases that involve perpetration by only one partner, more women than men were identified as perpetrators .")

And this:

Archer, J. (2000). Sex differences in aggression between heterosexual partners: A meta-analytic review. Psychological Bulletin, 126, 651-680. (Meta-analyses of sex differences in physical aggression indicate that women were more likely than men to “use one or more acts of physical aggression and to use such acts more frequently.” In terms of injuries, women were somewhat more likely to be injured, and analysis reveal that 62% of those injured were women.)

This last bit of data is very revealing in several ways. First, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that women are more likely to be injured by men than men by women in acts of domestic violence, and one would think that women would understand this, but the numbers being reported by this study suggest that women are just as likely, if not more likely, to initiate the abuse. Why would women do such a thing? Is it possible the skewed numbers of abuse have led women to believe that it is okay to abuse their spouses, and has this reporting been so skewered that women believe they can abuse with out impunity?

Here are more statistics from that report:

Brown, G. (2004). Gender as a factor in the response of the law-enforcement system to violence against partners. Sexuality and Culture, 8, (3-4), 3-139. (Summarizes partner violence data from the 1999 Canadian General Social Survey . The GSS is based on a representative sample of 25,876 persons. Overall in the 12-month period preceding the survey, an estimated 3% Canadian women and 2% of Canadian men reported experiencing violence from their partners. During the 5 year period from 1995-1999, an estimated 8% of Canadian women and 7% of Canadian men reported violence from their partners. Reviewed police and legal responses to partner violence in Edmonton, Canada and concludes that ". . . men who are involved in disputes with their partners, whether as alleged victims or as alleged offenders or both, are disadvantaged and treated less favorably than women by the law-enforcement system at almost every step.")

"men who are involved in disputes with their partners, whether as alleged victims or as alleged offenders or both, are disadvantaged and treated less favorably than women by the law-enforcement system at almost every step." So Duh!

Caetano, R., Schafter, J., Field, C., & Nelson, S. M. (2002). Agreement on reports of intimate partner violence among white, Black, and Hispanic couples in the United States. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 17, 1308-1322. (A probability sample of 1635 couples was interviewed and assessed with the CTS. Agreement concerning intimate partner violence was about 40%, with no differences reported across ethnicities. Women significantly reported perpetrating more partner violence than men in all three ethnic groups.)

And this:

Capaldi, D. M. & Crosby, L. (1997). Observed and reported psychological and physical aggression in young, at-risk couples. Social Development, 6, 184-206. (A sample of 118 young men and their dating partners were surveyed regarding their own physical aggression as well as that of their partners. Findings reveal that 31% of men and 36% of women engaged "in an act of physical aggression against their current partner.")

This:

Capaldi, D. M., Kim, H. K., & Shortt, J. W. (2007). Observed initiation and reciprocity of physical aggression in young at-risk couples. Journal of Family Violence, 22 (2) 101-111. (A longitudinal study using subjects from the Oregon Youth and Couples Study. Subjects were assessed 4 times across a 9 year period from late adolescence to mid-20's. Findings reseal that young women's rate of initiation of physical violence was "two times higher than men's during late adolescence and young adulthood." By mid-20's the rate of initiation was about equal. Mutual aggression increased the likelihood of injury for both men and women.)

Just one report and I am all ready out of space. More to come...

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Jean Paul Zodeaux]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Western Women Rights and the Lies (either outright or by omission) Told; Continued...

Outside of the report cited in the last post, there is also a site called The Equal Justice Foundation, that offers a much more broad and unbiased reporting regarding domestic violence, and offers six chapters before addressing the domestic violence that is perpetuated on men. Those six chapters are:

Chapter 1 — The Human Problem Of Domestic Violence
Chapter 2 — Domestic Violence And The Rule Of Law
Chapter 3 — The Impact Of Domestic Violence Laws On National Security
Chapter 4 — Psychological Studies Of Domestic Violence
Chapter 5 — Shelters For Battered Women
Chapter 6 — The Face Of Battering

Chapter 7 begins by stating:

The following stories are news stories and first-person accounts. They have been gathered from many sources in a nearly random fashion.

And then provides a list of state by state collection of these news stories and first person accounts.

Moving on to:

Rape of Men:

In terms of men who are raped, the vast majority of sites offered are about the more sensationalistic prison rapes, but they offers some revealing stories and figures nonetheless. There is the Human Rights Watch Report of 2001, there is the Wikipedia article called Rape by Gender, that offers this:

Several studies argue that male-male prisoner rape might be the most common and least-reported form of rape, with some studies suggesting such rapes are substantially more common in both per-capita and raw-number totals than male-female rapes in the general population.

Concluding that section of that article, subtitled Rape of males by males; with this offering:

Male on male rape has historically been shrouded in secrecy due to the stigma men associate with being raped by other men. According to psychologist Dr Sarah Crome fewer than one in ten male-male rapes are reported. As a group, male rape victims reported a lack of services and support, and legal systems are often ill equipped to deal with this type of crime.

Seemingly not even vaguely interested in reporting, offering statistics or discussing male on male rape outside of prisons. That article does, however, provide a section subtitled; Rape of males by females, that offers this:

Contrary to popular opinion, Women also can commit an act of rape with force or deception to make a man engage in a non-consensual penetrative sexual act although partly in thanks to double standards, it is often unreported. According to "Court TV"'s "Crime Library",[citation needed] women commit about 2% of all sexual offenses and their abuse often involves their own child or children, but this statistic doesn't mention how many, if any, of these cases of abuse were rape.

Take note how the Wikipedia editors have noted that a citation is needed to support this claim. That citation will likely still be needed next year, the following year, and the year after that, as no one really wants to take seriously the idea that women can rape men. That section continues with this:

Much like female erectile response and contrary to popular opinion, Male erectile response is involuntary.[16][17] Rape of a man by a woman is thus possible.

However, male victims of sexual abuse by females[18] often face social, political, and legal double standards.[19] Though studies show otherwise,[20] female abusers are usually seen as less culpable than male abusers/rapists by the courts due to these misconceptions. Since rape by females is much less well known than male-female abuse, male victims of female abusers often find little support from rape crisis centers and even the authorities. While gender neutral laws have combated the older perception that rape never occurs to men,[21] while other laws have eliminated the term altogether,[22] the doubles standards still remain. Due to these reasons, it is likely being substantially under-reported, with the probable cause being the double standard.[23]

At least citations were found for this. There is another Wikipedia article titled; Prison rape, that references the Human Rights Watch Report listed above, and states:

In 2001 Human Rights Watch estimated that at least 140,000 inmates in the US had been raped while incarcerated,[1] and there is a significant variation in the rates of prison rape by race. Stop Prisoner Rape, Inc. statistics indicate that there are more men raped in U.S. prisons than non-incarcerated women similarly assaulted. They estimate that young men are five times more likely to be attacked; and that the prison rape victims are ten times more likely to contract a deadly disease. In contrast to these high figures, a metaanalysis published in 2004 found a prevalence rate of 1.91% with a 95% confidence interval between 1.37–2.46%.[2] Applying that 1.91% figure to the nearly 2.3 million inmates currently incarcerated in prisons and jails in the United States[3] suggests that raped US inmates number 43,800.

And later states:

According to the study conducted by the United States Department of Justice for the year 2006, there were 2,205 allegations of inmate-on-inmate nonconsensual sexual acts reported, total, in the U.S. prison system. 262 of the allegations were substantiated.[4]

As prison rape of male on males seems to be well worth reporting and titular in its nature, there are other sites such as geniebusters.org, and while that site was found on a Google page that asked; "how many men are raped in the u.s. each year, the first link provided offers an article titled American Rape Statistics which only offers up statistics of women that have been raped by men. The next link provided on a Google page asking how many men are raped in the U.S. offers an article by Salon.com titled; The Private War of Women Soldiers, yet another article about women being raped by men, and the third link provided by that Google page is the Prison Rape article above by Wikipedia, and there are no articles, reports, or statistics offered on women raping men.

If I had to guess, my guess is that there is a huge gap in numbers between men raping women, and women raping men, and indeed, it is hard to imagine a woman having to actually rape a man in order to get sex, but it does happen and when it does it is no less a crime than when men do it to women. It is just not treated that way. I am not offering this to advocate some sort of special rights for men who have been raped by women, or even other men, nor am I advocating special rights for men who have been violently abused by women, or even men, and as far as robberies go, it should go without saying that men are robbed too, and it is ludicrous at this point to spend hours attempting to find statistics that would show how many women rob men, and even more ludicrous to suggest they don't.

All men are not pigs, and all women are not little angels. Humanity is a violent species that not only causes great harm to each other, but to virtually every species on the planet. Humans abuse their pets, they club baby seals, they abuse baby calf's in order to eat veal, and on and on and on. All people have Inalienable Rights and those Rights should be respected and honored by all. All People are equal under the law, and no one needs special rights in order to expect this equal protection. Yet, there are agenda driven factions that will actively engage in the politics of victimology so they can further their agenda of the politics of division, and all of it is fear based, and certainly not predicated on love.

Either we will learn to love each other as a species, or we will keep killing, raping, thieving, and beating the crap out of each other, and other species, until we can learn to heal this fear and learn to love. The politics of division, demanding that one group be demonized and another held up as special victims separate from those who are just simply victims, will not bring us any closer to handling our fear, and learning to love each other. The truth of the matter is that anyone who has had their Inalienable Rights trampled upon is a victim and deserves the same respect as all others in that regard, and it matters not what gender, race, religion, sexual preference, or creed, if their Rights have been abrogated or derogated, there is a clear and present absence of Justice.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I have asked you this before, but seriously, who am I blaming?

What the F am I blaming lol?

What the F are you talking about?

Do you have any clue any more?

See let me explain, you are lost, you can't discuss anymore because you think this is a debate.

Stop wasting my time and your own, I'm sure you have something better to do.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Well actually most women are not competitiion shooters. Most women are not cagefighters , body builders or police women. I have family and friends who happen to be women why should they be made to feel vulnerable in the land of the free. This is not a hollywood revenge movies with a happy ending (girl gets good man). this is reality and some terrible things happen!

The problem is one of men.

Also there is a problem with diluting the issue to include male rape. The dynamics between male rape are different. For example there is the issue of the fear of female sexuality implicit in the "She was asking for it Debate" which is actually a non debate because it blames the victim...

Male rape shopuld be a separate OP and IS worhty of full discussion here.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join