It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Women's right [THE TRUTH]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The OP is right. The violence on woman in the west is probably unprecedented in human history.

Indeed as backward as some of the third world countries are it is the west with all its modernity and supposed advancements in science, psychology and sociology that should be solving things [ or trying to] like the violence against woman and children but its getting worse.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
[

At some point people need to take responsibility for their own protection, they cannot rely on the state to babysit them 24/ 7.

It isn't just luck that has prevented any of the well armed women in my family from being one of those statistics.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by oozyism

What?!?!

You do know that women only make up about 5% of the workforce in Saudi Arabia, and that women are not allowed to drive cars there.

Live the life of an average Saudi Arabian women for a year, nah make that a month and i'll bet you would be crying to go home.

Are you kidding me, someone else driving for me, and not working.. Ohh god, that is my freaken dream.

You shouldn't confuse not needing not to drive yourself or work and not being allowed a choice in the matter.

I am curious as to why you use a study from 15 years ago rather than a more recent study such as the DoJ’s Criminal Victimization in the U.S. (CVUS), 2007. It should be noted that the figures in all the CVUS studies, including the one in 1995, are extrapolated from interviews of around 65,000-85,000 people.

The results from the 2007 survey include:

Crimes of violence against women 12 and older
2,425,100 or 18.9/1000
(This includes robbery and attempted robbery)

2/3rds of the above number were attempted or threatened violence rather than completed violence

Rape/Sexual Assault against women 12 and older
236,980 or 1.8/1000

This breaks down to
Rape - 66,730 or 0.5/1000

Attempted Rape and
verbal threats of rape - 65,490 or 0.5/1000

Sexual assault and threats
of sexual assault - 104,760 or 0.8/1000

Robberies completed against women 12 and older
149,080 or 1.2/1000

Attempted robberies against women 12 and older
36,800 or 0.3/1000

While the above figures are not great, they are not as bad as your older ones.

One other point. You cannot logically conclude that if a woman is murdered by a husband or boyfriend it must be an honour killing.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee
It isn't just luck that has prevented any of the well armed women in my family from being one of those statistics.

That's exactly right.
There really isn't much more a person could add to that.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I live in Missouri, and have lived here my whole life. For several years I was the Legal Advocate for a domestic violence shelter---a coed shelter, we didn't discriminate against men, just for the record---so my specialty was knowing the statutes regarding domestic violence inside out, counseling clients, helping them file Orders of Protection, supporting them in court, etc. I have sixty-some CEU hours earned through the Missouri Coalition Against Domestic Violence. A couple of facts I found truly shocking:

Till 1986, in the state of Missouri, it was not illegal for a husband to beat his wife.

Until the early 90's, it was not illegal for a man to rape his wife. If a woman was married and her husband held her down and physically FORCED her to have intercourse, he could not be charged with rape. A marital rape law was passed, I believe in 1990, stayed in effect for a couple of years, THEN WAS REPEALED. After another year or so, the law was reinstated.

Yep. Great human rights record there.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

No you try harder to understand, do you get what Women's Rights means? And What the purpose of women's Right is?

So what is the purpose? Isn't it there to protect women?

The stats you provided focus purely on the bodily integrity and autonomy of Women's rights but Women's rights encompass so much more :- like the right to vote - the right to have marital - parental and religious equality - the right to work - the right to equal pay and to hold public office.

In order for that change to come about gender equality has to be incorporated into the domestic legislation, governments have to repeal all discriminatory provisions in their laws, and enact new provisions to guard against discrimination. Unfortunately as your stats show changes to domestic legislation cannot in any way shape or form PREVENT a crime being perpetrated ! But by setting a strong foundation that incorporates equality, fairness and justice into legislation this in turn will then allow for the investigation, apprehension, charging, and trying of individuals associated with sexist or otherwise inappropriate abusive forms of behaviour . If the legal system in a country fails to accommodate and address these issues then it has failed each and every one of its citizens - men - women and children alike.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
Man! what is the point of this thread? it proves nothing other than the OPs desire to write about topics they clearly don't really understand.......

Must try harder

No you try harder to understand, do you get what Women's Rights means? And What the purpose of women's Right is?

So what is the purpose? Isn't it there to protect women?

I don't see American women being protected with those statistics?

I thought it was about taxing two workers instead of one, breaking up the family unit and irritating us to death with feminist insanity - I live in a country where the party leader of one of the biggest parties called for parks restricted only to women since all men are potential rapists and need to be treated that way.
Feminists never did a damned thing. They were sponsored, they did what the sponsors wanted and now their only purpose is to spout insanity and piss people off.
Their 'struggle' is a joke, they didn't accomplish a damn thing by themselves, if the Rockefellers didn't want their cause to succeed it wouldn't have succeeded. Now they're all deluded babies screaming for more power.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I would say to op, what about the innocent males who had no interest in your gender and are in jail for it, or have to be priests or go in the military just to live as they have no interest in your gender.

Amazing that the female gender can goto the police and make up anything about any male they want and that males life is destroyed forever, then you have females complaining about womens rights.

Do we ever hear about the rights of the males that had there lifes ruined over not being interested in females.

There are tonnes of females that absolutely abuse the system in place to so called protect them, to absolutely destroy any male they want.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I've noticed your avatar before, and its always offended me, the picture is showing an act of violence against a woman.

It shows to me some kind of political agenda on your part as well. Women, the majority of citizens on this planet are hardly going to be silenced.

Having safety by accepting domination by another, is no difference than the Big Brother Daddy state/NWO soft selling fascism for safety. There is no safety when you're not free, free to be yourself, free to mingle with anyone you wish, free to take any courses you wish, free to express yourself, swear at the sky if you're angry, free to say No, and mean it, free to be grow up in a safe supportive environment and explore your goals, wishes and dreams, free to wear what you wish in public, free to skinny dip at a lake, even, free to join any church or abstain from them all, free to develop your psychic abilities, free to be wiccan if you wish, even, free. Free to go to any college, take any course, have mixed gender friends, free to have sex outside of marriage if you wish, free to never marry if you wish, free to marry who you wish, free to be divorced as you wish, free, instrinsically respected as yourself, doing it your way. And this is not advocating lack of compassion.

And free from controlling laws of state or from your state having laws wedded to one of the worlds religions. So that they're absolutely non-partisan and barely there.

No control whatsoever.

That woman in that avatar, is she a model? Or is this a real photo, because my immediate reaction to it is a serve and protect one, I want to find everyone in that situation and rescue them ASAP. Savvy?

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
There is more: Free to challenge any perceived norm or mindset in public, free to make satires that ridicule religions or poltical agendas, free to challenge any law publically, free to protest, free to change society and the world, free to make your voice heard loud and strident and even use a bullhorn if desired. Free to express yourself, express your dislike of the leaders, the religions you see around you, their treatment of others.

I wouldn't survive long in a muslim country, for example that little girl that was tied to a chair and buried alive after a family meeting, for talking to boys. I think of her often, the horror of being murdered by your own family as if: you had no intrinsic rights on your own, could not do as you wished, where not loved for who you are no matter what you do.

My God! If I had been her mother I would have been forced to defend her, and we have all died, but not buried alive. It would have been a scene from hell.

But now I have to live having witnessed something so horrendous, along with the long long list of other equally horrendous ones, including the bombing of civilians in the middle east by the US/UK coalitition, that were simply beyond....they make the whole Universe disappear.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Please expand on the enlightened treatment of women, and the go to the below website and explain what you see.

Middle-East-Info.org

WARNING VERY GRAPHIC......

[edit on 5/14/2010 by DarkStormCrow]

Thank you for posting that link. Everyone needs to see the ways of these backward people when it comes to sex and women, and the treatment thereof. My wife talks to some Muslim men on her IM, and when asked about this, they quickly go into denial mode, as if they are ashamed...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Oh Boy, I was wondering when misandric feminist rhetoric was going to pop up on this site.

Let's get some perspective here. Remember Females account for over 55 percent of the nationresulting in 150 million people in the USA are female
factfinder.census.gov...

Physical Abuse of Women:

about 3.8 million assaults.

Which means 2 percent of Women are the victims of Assault

Rape of Women:

Women and girls ages 12 and up annually reported about 500,000 rapes and sexual assaults

Which means 0.32718401233907757 percent of women ages 12 and up are victims of rape.

Robberies:

...almost 500,000 robberies...

Almost .32 percent of women are victims of robberies.

Honor Killings:

Of the 5328 women murdered in 1990, FBI data indicate that about half or more of them by a husband or boyfriend.

Dear lord 5328 women were murdered and half of it was due to "honor" killings? That means 0.003 percent of the female population was murdered and that .0017 PERCENT were killed due to honor killings! The streets are running red with the blood of women!

SAD FACTS:

During the last decade, domestic violence has been identified as one of the major causes of emergency room visits by women.

From 20% to 30% of the women who are seen by emergency room physicians exhibit at least one or more symptoms of physical abuse.

10% of the victims were pregnant at the time of abuse.

10% reported that their children had also been abused by the batterer.

More SAD FACTS:

*Women aged 19 to 29 and women in families with incomes below $10,000 were more likely than other women to be victims of violence by an intimate.

Yeah that is sad, But it is nowhere near epidemic in occurence. But we can't really tell because you have left out exactly how many women visit the hospitals each year so we can compare it to the overall population of women in order to ascertain what percentage of women are the victims of domestic violence. Also Exhibiting signs of Domestic Violence does not equate to being a victim of domestic violence. When i get a fever i exhibit a symptom of over 2,000 different diseases and infections.

Is that a human rights record to be proud of?

The fact that less than 3 percent of the female population is the victim of murder and abuse in one of the largest nations to have ever existed? You are damn straight that is something to be proud of. Many women have worked hard in order to ascertain their rights to basic liberties all over the world. To have some Misandrist come out and yell and basically demand special treatment as a cover for their Anti-whatever agenda is a direct spit in the face of the women who fought hard to ensure that you have a decent livilihood that is not solely based on your gender. The only thing you are right about here is that it is a tragedy that women are victims of rape and violence. But that is a tragedy regardless of gender.

You should really be ashamed of yourself for using such deceitful tactics.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Look at how oppressed women are in the USA.

The speaker of the House minority, The third in rank to the president of the USA, is a woman.

Hillary clinton is the third woman to be the Secretary of state, the political seat that is responsible for the USA's foreign policy.

32 women have served as governors of 32 states. So 64 percent of the states within the union have had female governors.

33 women have been nominated for the role of President.

Over 70 women have been nominated for Vice-president.

Three women have served as Supreme court Justices.

Source: The internet. Do the search yourself.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I thought the purpose of Women's rights, was about jobs! All that women asked for in the begining was the right to get the same amount of money that men do, and to be able to work other jobs such as being a doctor, lawyer, dentist, firefighter and so on, and being treated equally with their fellow man! Please bear in mind it wasn't so long ago that women were encouraged to stay home all the time, and be housewives, they were discouraged from even going to college. If they wanted to buy a car, open a checking account, or buy a house they either had to be married, or have their Father's co-sign with them. Don't even get me started on the fact that they couldn't even vote!! That's what women's rights were all about.

Please read "When Everything Changed " By Gail Collins, and there you see the real meaning behind women's rights!!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
How many times does one have to feel like a broken record "rights" as you state them don't exist. These are metaphysical religious political voodoo. Governments can say they exist, people can agree they exist, but other than that no evidence that in "nature" they exist. Nature created us and "nature" runs the show. If you want to understand intelligence follow "nature". It has extincted mass species over 200 times upon this planet. Nature doesn't care for your suffering or mine. Gravity doesn't care about your "rights" if you get into a car accident at high speeds. If you want something you can count on look intothe study of nature, "rights" are more or less tricks to presuade people to think they are safe or free so they can be used or counted on to vote for some schmuck.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bubbabuddha

Consequence to action and the basic nature of reality in this duality school Universe/DVD player, such as natural disasters and cycles, has absolutely nothing to do with our innate rights, that by the way, we attribute ourselves, thank you very much, as our consciousness grows, much more understanding about treating others as we would wish to be treated, equality, basic rights to life, liberty, happiness, and joy, education and health care, sharing equally all knowledge and advancements and the concept of inaliable rights which really are also to land and resources, for no one born on a planet should be charged for lodgings.

In fact its only as your consciousness expands to understand this and more, and to embrace it from the bottom up, grass roots level, that you even can advance, progress or past the test.

This is a Hologram, which is a construct, it has a purpose, it is a test, so think about that.

And if you don't agree, it doesnt change my perception, nor did what you just say either,for it also is perception.

So was your statement regarding women's right, by any chance?

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

If you have noticed Western nations will always target other nations human rights, or women's rights.

Indeed, I find that interesting, do you?

I will choose the Great USA as a representative of Western nations, since it is the US who is always in front line when defending women.

We shall see.

Physical Abuse of Women:

about 3.8 million assaults.

Interesting... since the Fbi statistics for that period (1995) State that only 1 Million assalts ever took place.

I I can back that up by checking DIRECTLY at:
www.fbi.gov...

Rape of Women:

Women and girls ages 12 and up annually reported about 500,000 rapes and sexual assaults

Once again, only 97,000.

Robberies:

...almost 500,000 robberies...

So, Every robbery, is a robbery against *WOMEN*, because only women have things worth stealing... right?

Honor Killings:

Of the 5328 women murdered in 1990, FBI data indicate that about half or more of them by a husband or boyfriend.

1990, huh?

Well, it seems that in 1990, there were 23,440 MURDERS in the united states.

Now, simple math... 23,440 divided by 5328 equals:

That means Men were being murdered at roughly Three+ times the rate of women...

(Source: www.disastercenter.com...)

And this is Sexist?

Sources: 1995 National Crime Victimization Survey of the U.S. Department of Justice. You can order this Special Report (NCJ-154348) "Violence Against Women: Estimates from the Redesigned Survey August 1995" by calling the Bureau of Justice Statistics Clearinghouse, 800-732-3277and the National Domestic Violence Hotline Fact Sheet and Statistics.

Is that a human rights record to be proud of?

Have you yourself looked at this document?

Or am I supposed to believe what you claim, Contrary to DIRECT EVIDENCE?

Same *crap* different smell. If you know what I mean.

I understand Completely. LOL!

-Edrick

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Well I completely understand your point. It is called misdirection. Pointing the finger at the big bad Islamists can defect attention from the domestic problems of rape, violence etc within America.

But we should not tell the sheeple this

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Edrick,

Wow!! Edrick,
I'm glad someone else caught it other than me. I read this thread by the OP a yesterday and almost posted but did instead refrain while cooling down on the topic.

I have known about the phoniness of the womens movements and this nonsense posted by Oozyism for some time now. How do I know this...simply by the numbers of women who hate it here and are flocking to get to Australia and other places where the Nanny state is more advanced in stealing from their people than here. American women cannot wait to leave here and flock to down under and other places where the government has more agencies to take care of them...on the public dole.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join